Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Three white cakes, vanilla, and red and black currants.

In the imp: A strong scent of buttercream frosting -- oh man, I hope the buttery debauchery of Drink Me isn't going to ruin my Eat Me experience, or I'll be PISSED.

Wet on me: Oh good, butter disappearing beneath a tide of vanilla. :P Red and blackcurrant are there too, lending a bit of berry scent but not too tart. This is incredibly sweet.

After five minutes: Oh, man. Wonderful cake frosting and batter. Berries are still present but not dominant.

The berries do get a bit stronger after a bit; combined with the sugar they make me think of great big spoonfuls of jam. I really do like how this manages to be creamy without being sour or sickly!

Drydown: Hm, it's a little difficult to describe what I'm smelling now -- it's not as intense as it was when it was fresh; still sweet and vanilla-y but you could probably smell it without going 'Whoa, CAKE!' Maybe that's why the non-foody lovers dig it so much!

Creamy, sweet, well-rounded. A definite hit!

IN THE IMP: Heavy cake with butterscotch icing.

ON MY SKIN: Still butterscotch, then buttered popcorn, then yellow cake, then a weird, sour-sweet berry smell like cough syrup or bubblegum. To be really uncomplimentary about it, it smells as if someone vomited cake on me. (but it was good cake…!) This is all within the first 5 minutes, and it’s kind of intense. :P After this… interesting interlude, it starts settling down into a really rich yellow cake with fresh, dark berries baked into it. Wow.

LATER: I rolled around in yellow cake batter and cooked berries. Yum. Strong throw, but it died down within three or four hours. This is a lot heavier than I expected, but undeniably delicious. This isn’t really something I can wear as a scent, but I’m tempted to keep it just as a pick-me-up when I’m down or craving sweets. What a fun blend!

Yes! No burnt sugar of Knave of Hearts or sour butter of Drink Me!

This is a cakey, delicious blend, livened up by sour red currants. Black currants lurk in the background, but on me it's mostly vanilla cake with red currants. It has an almost giddy sweet-and-tart smell, and I can almost taste it on the back of my throat.

Being one of those people who enjoy smelling like desserts, this one is definitely a keeper. Can't imagine ever being without a bottle of it.

Oh my god, this is just divine! Instantly I can smell the white cake and vanilla but not so much the currants which I was hoping for most in this blend. I don’t usually like foody blends but this is irresistible. As it starts to dry I get the currants but it mingles mainly with the vanilla and cake foodiness. I sadly only had a tiny amount in the imp I got – think I definitely need at least another imp, possibly a bottle. Absolutely heavenly. Reminds me a little of The Candy Butcher and also All Souls.

Yarg. I like sweet, but this is way too sweet for me. I love Candy Butcher, but the creaminess of this is kind of overwhelming. Still, what did I expect from the description? Nice, well described, but maybe one for the kitchen not for the wrist.

Oh god YUM. This is heavenly. I almost always have to stay away from vanilla because it's too cloying; Snake Oil and Dorian have been the only oils that aren't too sickeningly sweet for me. This is perfect because it isn't like yellow-cake-frosting vanilla; it's fluffy *white* cake, no frosting vanilla. Like angel food cake but even less cloying. The berries aren't as prominent as I'd hoped, but they're there, grounding the sweetness of the vanilla. I smell totally edible.

Dorian is my clean vanilla, Snake Oil is my sexy vanilla and now Eat Me is likely to become my everyday comfort vanilla. Big bottle of this on the way! :P

Edited by lianri

Ohhh, how I love this scent. The first time I had an imp, I couldn't stand it. It didn't smell foody at all and was just generic perfume. Ugh. BUT! Another imp wrangled its way into my hands, and I tried it again, and SO GOOD! It's sweet, foody, and fruity -- all it needs is a little spice to be my dream scent! :P The vanilla and cake are the strongest notes, but the currants definitely make their presence known the longer I wear this oil. It lasts for several hours on me and has pretty strong throw.

Eat Me is amazing. It was one of the first few imps that I tried earlier this summer. Sniffing from the imp, it smelled like nothing I'd ever smelt before- rich and creamy- a cake liquidfied into this little tube.

What I really dig about Eat Me is it's lasting power. I dabbed a bit in my cleavage one day and spent a good 2 hours swimming in a lake. Afterwards, I was laying down to nap and could STILL smell the glorious cake and currents wafting up. My 5ml came today and I couldn't be happier! :P

Eat me is very much vanilla cake on me. The rich and decadent kind. In fact, for a while it has a very sweet, rich scent to it that reminds me of the taste of raw cake batter. I only get a touch of currant but it's there and sits behind the cake in a perfect little dance of scent. This is a foody/dessert lover's dream. It also seems to be a cousin to some of the early Monster Bait scents like Closet and Underbed.

I am so happy to finally be able to try this one!

I was so excited when it arrived in the mail yesterday, I didn't even sniff it in the imp -- I just slathered it on. Immediately, the blackcurrant is like WHOA. I am very much reminded of HM by Hanae Mori (as the two share blackcurrant and vanilla as notes, though I believe the similarities extend further than that). The currant slowly backs off and lends a lovely earthiness to the blend up close, but the throw is all fantastic, sugary vanilla.

OMG, this is good. It's wicked good.

I'm not sure how good a review this is, but after going through a brief and slightly unpleasant car air-freshener phase, it's settled down to an extremely pretty cakey vanilla, with sweet currants far in the background. I really like it a lot! The most ringing endorsement though comes from my cat. As she curled under my chin like she always does, I gave her my wrist to sniff on a whim. She sniffed for a second and then started licking my wrist like crazy! This oil is well named! :P

Bottle: Berry cakes

Wet: Sugary, buttery, berry cakes. It's not heavy though, like Gluttony is. Gluttony actually tends to make me feel a bit gluttonous and weighed down. Eat me makes me feel springy and light, but still so yummy!

Drydown: I like this better than Bloody Mary, I will definitely be getting a big bottle of this.

It doesn't turn powdery on me, which is nice. It stays exactly the same berry and cakey.

MMMMM. This is a truly decadent cake-y, foody blend.

It makes me crave sweets and it's still the morning! The scent is vanilla buttercream cake topped with luscious berries on top. This scent has really good lasting power and is strong enough that you don't need to apply very much.

HEAVENLY!

Eat Me is one of my favourites! It's not a sophisticated, grown up scent, no no. It's a gleefully JAMMY scent, like a blackcurrant jam tart made with the butteriest, most indulgent shortcrust pastry and filled with gloopy dollops of sweet, sweet blackcurrant jam, bursting with real fruit pieces.

To me, this smells a lot like Cheshire Cat...if he had walked all over one of those big white vanilla sheet cakes. X9 Delicious and berry-filled.

In the bottle: It smells sickly sweet, like a intensely sweet pastry with a dash of amaretto, not really my thing.

Wet on skin: Same smell, but more cake than pastry, definitely a pound cake and a angel food cake still with a dash of amaretto.

Dry down: Softer cake smell, gets yummier with time. A lot more smooth and a touch more tart like a current instead of amaretto.

I would have to say I enjoy the dry down when it mellows but in the bottle it's over powering. I think I will save it for a day I feel like smelling extremely foodie.

imp: berries and cake. this reminds me of when i bake blueberry buckle. very yummy.

wet: sweet, spiced cakes with lots of different fruit toppings or fillings. this smells so good.

dry: almost an orangey, spiced cake. this is not for everyday, just for those days when i'm in a mood. yet another one for the bottle list.

This is alright, but really, really faint on me. Which is probably good, because if it were strong, it would likely make me sick because it's awfully sweet. Smells mostly of vanilla and currants, but barely there. Sadness. I'll be passing this imp along.

Nom nom nom this smells like straight up butter cream frosting in the imp. It's seriously difficult to take my nose away long enough to dab some on my wrist!! On skin it flourishes into a yummy creamy vanilla currant orgasm. :X I've been wearing it for a couple of hours now and while it has excellent throw and staying power, I'm not getting a headache like I do with many foody scents. I must must must have a big bottle!!

lovely scent, unlike Drink Me i don't get that super sweet burnt note - i do get the yellow cake though, it's quite delicate (not a ton of throw on me) but long lasting and wonderfully luscious. a simple scent really, the berry note is in the background where it just ads a touch of interest. I'll be getting a bottle of this!

Initial Impression: very sweet (but I tend to amp sweet). Cake mixed with something savory.

On Wet: slightly off cake turning eventually to dirty socks. Ugh..

On Dry: cherries

Final Impression: Weird and interesting scent. The dirty socks stage nearly did me in. Unfortunately, I'm not always very fond of cherries, so I don't think I'll be getting this one.

Rating (on a scale of 1-5): 2.5

Cake, vanilla-ish, creamy and sweet. Jammy. I really thought I would enjoy smelling like cake. But unfortunately not this one.

Edited by AmandaKay

In the imp, this has got the same interesting/odd foody undertone that Drink Me has: a savory kind of undertone, like fresh baked wheat bread with butter melting into it, layered with just a tiny bit of sweet berry jam.

On my skin, it's more of the berry/currant-y yummyness, and less of the bread and butter. It's sweeter, too, though it's not quite sticky sweet, and it makes me think of cooking! :P Drydown brings back some of the tasty butteriness, though, and it's like a tasty pastry!

Yum! This reminds me of Beaver Moon '07, but with less fruit-candy scent and more of a juicy-syrupy-berry note.

The vanilla cake essence is delicious, I wish my skin didn't amp it off so fast! :P I have the same sad face with Beav '07, because the tasty baked-goods note giggles at me and then takes off without looking back.

There almost seems to be a sandalwood backbone here, and it's nice.

I really like Eat Me, I've got to try it a few more times to determine how much....

As of now, hovering around 4 out of 5.