Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Three white cakes, vanilla, and red and black currants.

Umm . . . yum! This is sugary sweet in the bottle, ripe with the smell of white cake batter and just a hint of fruit. The fruit comes up a bit when it hits the skin, but it stays a creamy-dreamy sweet lover's dream, a munchable, lickable, fingers-in-frosting scent that begs to be licked.

I have come to the conclusion that I love foody scents, period, and this is no exception.

This just stays beautiful; it's a yummy bakery smell. Not surprisingly, it smells more baked once it's on the skin, and less like creamy batter. A yummy cookielike smell. Not complicated, but eminently munchable, and worth a try for anyone who loves foody scents or vanilla scents.

Let's see. This scent reminds me of a Polish pastry that I LOVE it's a bread type of pastry with a poppyseed and golden raisin filling with a glaze of sugar drizzled on top of the bread. It's a pastry that goes very well with coffee. VERY TASTY! After it dries it's a little spicy, but more of the carnation-esque spiciness, not hot spicy. This is DELICIOUS!

Wet: Strange dazzle of aromas -not sure what pops out first.

Dry: A nauseating smell vaguely like sweat. :D

I think this is a testament to different people's likes/dislikes and how scents morph on skin. This lasts and lasts and last...and no amount of scrubbing gets it off me. I've layered something else on top just to try to cover the scent. Well, at least I know foody scents really aren't good for me.... :P

bottle: rum sauce and gingerbread

on my skin: more vanilla, frosting, but still warm spices!

the smells stayed the same for me, but it did fade a little. this is on my big bottle list. it smells delicious, and the spiciness of it seems a little sexy to me. like someone could really just eat me up. mm!

In the bottle:

Mm, that's so nice I could eat it. The name is very true! A mix of three lovely cakes.

On skin wet:

I want to lick my arm- that smells so good. The vanilla is strongest, with a hint of berries. I had my husband smell it and he said it actually made his mouth water :P Fantastic- I couldn't ask for more from a foody scent.

Dried down:

It smells exactly the same on dry down, how unusual for me! It's gorgeous- I want to eat me. And it's making me hungry :D

Oh my. Scent smells almost exactly the same in the bottle, wet and dry on my skin. Rich white cake with jam, how positively delicious :P I'm not such a fan of foody scents, but I'm so glad that I somehow knew this one would work for me.

I was never much of a foody scent girl, but for some reason I really like this.

It's very cakey when wet, and on me the cake fades into a kind of vaguely heady vanilla sweetness with the currant nicely mellowing it all out.

I'd positively love it if it didn't fade into this scent that smells *exactly* like scented plastic on me. Like, remember Strawberry Shortcake dolls? I smell like that after about 2 hours. So I'll re-apply my imp often while I have it but I doubt I'll get a bigger bottle.

Eat Me makes me hungry.

I've had this imp for a while and used it a few times, forgot about it, wore other oils, tried new imps and LE's.

What the hell is wrong with me???

Wet: Very cakey and kind of spicy

As it dries: It somehow smells like fresh berries. Very fresh

Dry: Mmmmmm . . . the cake comes back and it's spicy again with the berries. Yum. I love it.

Ordering a 5ml. :P

oh my god this is good. i don't even like foody scents, but this is just delicious- it's like buttery vanilla cake covered in creamy frosting topped with juicy berries. mmmm. it is such a rich, buttery vanilla. i want to eat my arm.

On my skin this mostly smells fruity-berry after an initial burst of buttery pastry/cake. There's still a softness of cream or vanilla, but ... berry. Very berry. I'm not quite decided yet if I will want to smell this much like a berry cupcake, but I'll definitely keep it around. :P

Eat Me was extremely sweet in the imp, so much so that individual notes were hard to pick.

It is only after applying that I was able to discern a vanilla/sugar base, layered with a distinct berry note - currant and blackberry would be my guess.

Thankfully the sweetness was not overwhelming at all; most of it went away a few minutes after application.

This is a playful, young, eminently wearable blend, even for those who are a little wary of foody scents.

Alas, my skin can be very literal sometimes and visibly thought that it had to eat this scent up, since this is what the bottle said... Eat Me only lasts a few hours on me, which means I probably will not be getting more. A shame, as it is really very nice.

In the imp: Holy crap, it smells like strawberry shortcake. Exactly.

Wet: The cake picks up a bit of a gross underscent to me at first, but that fades pretty quick into a berry scent with a bit of something under it.

Dry: The same berry scent. No idea where the cake and vanilla went.

This isn't quite the generic berry scent I get from most things, but it's close. Just a touch sharper. It's kind of pretty, though I doubt I'll reach for it that often.

Chewy white cakes and red currants. This is delicious, but I don't know how often I want to smell like a walking bakery, so one imp is enough for now!

wet, this is waaay too buttery-cakey for me--like a cake scented candle...it's mmmmm, but i wouldn't want to smell like it--waaaay too buttery....

However, quickly, it tones down to a sweeter, less seductive/ incense-y Snake Oil, with a wee wisp of jam underneath, though I might be imagining that.

I like it. It will go on my list-I think my Snake Oil might be a bit much for days where I am in close quarters, and I won't have to put this on as sparingly...but it won't be first on my list...

In the bottle it was all buttery, bakery promises. On the skin it became something more mystical and in keeping with the fantasy impressions conjured up by Alice Through The Looking Glass. The lingering impression was that of a lively kitchen spice feel, but also an almost patchouli sensibility.

It made me feel otherwordly and transported.

As for lasting power, I am such an odd creature and I have to renew scents after about an hour and a half. I wouldn't fault the formula as it's my own body chemistry. I just loved this one and find it highly transporting and evocative. Perfectly in keeping with the idea it is portraying. Bravo! :P

Bottle: Nothing in particular, quite strong.

Wet: Fruity, tart berries.

Dry & Drydown: Smells similar - warm, sweet cake with slightly bitter undertones of berry. Sorry I can't be more specific - this is one of those mellow, all-purpose, warm, comforting scents, and on my chemistry, it smells divine!

Throw: Everyone I asked "Do you like this smell?" loved it. It lasted about 8 hours before vanishing.

Verdict: Warm, sweet and foody. A 6-part chord of notes rather than an octave.

Rating: A delectable 5/5!

In the bottle: Gorgeous, rich and cakey, with a warm vanilla

Wet: Has the same feel as my beloved Enraged Groundhog Musk. Quite thick and heavy, lovely.

Later: Cake. Cake cake cake, with a nice depth. Bottle list contender; 8/10

This is such a delicious blend and I'm not much of a foody scent person at all. Scrumptious warm cakes and bright currants. I never thought to try this or that I would even like it but am so glad I did! This is exactly what I dreamed Crumpet Rebellion would smell like. So so so good. Definitely need more of it.

Edited: Eat Me made me a foody scent lover. I'll never go back! One of my top scents.

Edited by heysunshine

In the imp, this is a very creamy sugary blend. I can't really smell the currants at all, but Mike says that he can smell them faintly. I can smell it better on Mike's arm, and they come out a little stronger.

Just a nice, sugary, cakey blend. Probably won't be getting a big bottle of this, but the imp will definitely be used up.

At first I didn’t quite get why everyone loves this scent… when I applied it I could smell vanilla, honey, and a very light lemon scent, but it didn’t seem to be blending together very well.

But after a little while the notes seemed to meld together and this turned in a sweet, berry-covered honey cake scent. It’s absolutely scrumptious and I find myself craving it quite a bit! I’ll have to order a big bottle of this soon.

foody scents delight me.

This one does not disappoint. If you are a foody lover, this one is so for you. I wish it had more throw and lasting power, but other than that, I'm ready to eat something sweet because of this. Delish!

Wet: YEE! Smells like a cake in a bottle. Vanilla is the first piece that I get. Underneath, red and black currant are hiding.

On skin: Double YEE!!! Cakey at first, then turns itself into red currant. Warm. Makes me want to sit by a fire and roast marshmallows. Lovely.

Dry down: light throw, little staying power on me. BUT I'll just get me a big bottle and no worries!!

Congrats Beth and co-horts!!

Oh my good god. As soon as I put it on I knew I needed a bottle! Eat Me is pure cake, sugar, butter and the hint of something slightly tart in the background, like in blueberry muffins. This would be an amazing room scent. It's everlasting cake perfection! If I ever decide to make a white cake with currants, I'll be sure to put this on. That way I actually CAN have my cake and eat it too! :P

ETA: Turns out Eat Me is pretty resistant to washing off too! And the throw is amazing. I believe I've found a new addition for my top five.

Edited by Underline2

While I am enamored of any kind of vanilla, in general, I am not big on foody scents. However, this? Is so, so good.

Maybe this is because I serve a lot of weddings, but the first thing I thought of after applying this was: wedding cake with raspberries. Very sweet, rich, all-out vanilla wedding cake covered in dark, vibrant raspberries.

I might have to get a 5 mL of this.

In the imp: Sweet currants and vanilla

Wet: Pretty much the same.

Drydown: Woah this does smell like cake! Vanilla cake with some currants. I'm not a foody person but this is nice!

Dry: More vanilla than cake now - sweet vanilla with ripe currants swirled through it. It's sweet but it's a natural sweet, not fake at all. There's a slight spiciness in it too, which I really like as it cuts through the sweetness a bit. As time goes on the "cake" changes into a lovely sweet vanilla. Creamy vanilla and currants with a hint of spice. It's definitely a lighter foody scent and therefore I like it more than Gluttony etc. It's more girly than I usually like too - yet like it I do! It's kind of playful and innocent, but a little mischevious. It has pretty good throw too, considering I only swiped it on one wrist.

A little later the vanilla starts to dominate - not overly surprising on my skin. And this is the best stage of all! Warm sweet vanilla with a touch of spice and currants. Gorgeous!

A bottle is a possibility, the imp is definitely staying!

ETA:

Did I say a bottle was a possibility? After wearing it a couple of times this has shot into my top 10 and a bottle is a definite must have. As soon as possible!

Edited by Trishek

Mmm, vanilla cake. I'm another non-foody person who loves this blend despite the odds.

I think I smell a tiny bit of dragon's blood resin in here. Since BPAL is all natural, and it's hard to extract a fragrant oil from real fruits, I hypothesise that Beth might be using a little bit of dragon's blood, along with some other things, to recreate the smell of red berries. In either case, I'm normally averse to dragon's blood AND fruit notes, but I can wear this! The berry note is subtle and doesn't turn into air freshener or scented candle.

Like Gluttony (which I'm also testing today), I'll reach for this imp whenever I have occasional foody-scent cravings, even though I may not need a bottle. If you do love the foodies, there should be a bottle of this in your next order. :P