Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Three white cakes, vanilla, and red and black currants.

:P I guess I like being whomped upside the head with bodaciousness, since Beaver Moon is one of my favorite scents (one of the only multiple bottles I hold, alongside Tombstone and Gomorrah). I had high hopes for Eat Me as I *adore* all things Alice in Wonderland, vanilla, and have come around to enjoy the berry that is currant--thanks, Gomorrah! Comparisons to a more vanilla snake oil had me intrigued (SO goes to baby powder on me) so I picked up an imp, expecting to regret not buying a bottle unsniffed.

Oh, how wrong that would have been. Not that Eat Me is BAD on me, by any stretch. It´s a little strong at first... kind of puffy candy stale vanilla. But that fades out and it does indeed resemble the spicy crusty cheesecakey goodness that is the belov´d Beav. I thought that I was liking it. However, after about an hour of the yummy currants adding their juicy berry-licious-ness to the mix, it just got a little... bland. then faded to a sweet powder scent. *sigh* I might continue to use this in conditioning treatments for my hair, or MAYBE as a room scent, but definitely don´t need more than the imp. Between the two, I prefer Drink Me, as it´s a little more fun.

This smells simply delicious-like vanilla cream frosting and lightly of berries. I would like to carry the bottle around and sniff it all day! After applying it, it drys down to creamy butter with a little bit of nut underneath with the berries disappearing altogether. A must have for me! :P

This smells absolutely delicious, like freshly-baked cake with thick, creamy, decadent vanilla frosting. There's also something very fruity here, which I can only assume are the red and black currants. On second thought, this is like a vanilla-frosted cake with strawberries and blueberries on top! Eat Me is making me hungry, so much so that I'm tempted to gnaw at my own wrist. :P

Cakes and incense. A dark vanilla with a spiced ribbon woven throughout. Delicious on many deep levels.

Imp: Floral? Oh no!! Please no!

Wet: Sweet, but not really foody...hmmm...wonder what happened here.

Dry: Oh okay, something berry like. Actually, this is the same sweet berries I get from Bewitched, only sweeter and less green.

Final Thoughts: I don't know what I think about this one. I think I need to wear it again to make any final choices, but this isn't as vanilla-cake-foody as I was expecting...

I really wanted to love Eat Me, but it was not to be so. It started out a really yummy cake which only lasted a few seconds on my skin before fading into the currants of -doom-. I really did think I was going to like them, but instead of a fresh berry smell, it turned into some sweet vaguely berryish scent with a heavy chemical background. I had to wash it off. :D I was hoping for something much like Monsterbait: Closet... but eh..not so much in my experience.

My experience exactly. :P It started out as this delicious sweet cake scent on my skin, but then turned very perfumy pretty quickly. Usually berry/fruity scents work well on me, but the currants in this are just off somehow.

Sure, it's cake but it's not birthday cake with sprinkles. This is the kind of cake you dust with powdered sugar, embellish with berries, and display on a fancy glass cake plate. It does strike me as very Victorian.

The first two hours I did not smell cake or currants. I got harsh spices. I barely even smelled the vanilla. That was a big WTF. I was expecting to smell like cake and sweetly sour berries and all things yummy.

It took two hours for Eat Me to develop fully on me. Then it was cake time. Oh, glorious vanilla-y cake batter. However, no currants to be sniffed.

The throw is fantastic though. This is a perfume that will not die. I, for one, am not complaining. I adore Eat Me. I've noticed a pattern that I completely fangirl over the Mad Tea Party collection. I guess I'm a little mad, but aren't we all.

Mmmmmmm...........this so very buttery, sweet, and rich in the bottle! I smell the vanilla, currants, and cake. On my skin however, it turns into one of those vanilla scented plastic dolls. I know it's not the vanilla note, because my skin loves BPAL's vanilla notes, however the cake notes as in the Monster Baits, etc, go plasticky on me. I like the way this smells so much, but I think it's better as a room scent.

This is indeed cake, but this lacks the rich buttery cake note like in Cockaigne. This is more of a sweet and light cake, like angel food cake. I get a brief hint of the currant at one point, but it's never dominant. This has an incredibly weak throw. It's not a bad scent at all, but I'll keep Cockaigne as my cake scent.

I agree with other posters - I get a very nice sort of vanilla cake. It's one of those can't-stop-sniffing-myself scents, and I'm definitely putting in for a bottle.

Its throw isn't all that great, but that just means I'll have to apply more... and what a joy it will be... >:P

This vanilla is fantastic. It's not at all in-your-face overwhelming and doesn't smell like the extract. It's a nice, decadent cake, one very lightly iced with a single berry placed on the top. It's fantastic.

I love this. Twenty minutes in, it still smells fantastic. The only thing that disappoints me is that I wish I got more berries out of it.

I could have sworn I'd reviewed Eat Me, because I'd come into the thread to edit my review. :P Oh well. The first time I wore Eat Me, I only smelled the currants and thought it was too close to Lampades for me, but oh, I was wrong. It's scrumptious cake with just a waft of the berry/currant and almost an incensy smell. It's not incense- but it makes me think of it. Eat Me is a real comfort scent for me now, and I'm going to snag a bottle in my next order. :D

Wet Eat me is pure caramel with a hint of apple to me - but this takes only a few seconds. After that it turns into sweet cake with a fruitcream. For me there are cherrys + x? Very foody scent.

After some time it goes more and more on the cherry side. Not a fresh one, more a ... a little bit candylike sweet one with a hint of cake under it. Very nice! Somehow this is how I imagined Jailbait to be.

I'm afraid this goes to my bottle-wishlist, too.

MmmmMm this is so delicious. cakey without the strong buttery note that gives other blends pause by me of this nature but with a strong vanilla base with just a hint of fruit to wash it down. All in all, a comforting blend that has a stronger foodier base then say to Antique Lace.

This frimp came to me by way of the Labbies…thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Eat Me isn’t something I would usually gravitate towards…my sister does more of the foody scents..but I have to say this does sound tempting..white cakes, vanilla, some sort of fruit??? Hmm..sounds like a comfy/cozy/foody scent that could be perfect so I am willing to sacrifice some skin in the interests of science…hee hee.

Initial sniff from frimp: Vanilla cake…with something a bit tart skirting around the perimeter…I thought at first it could be lemon..but maybe it’s just the currants??? Definitely foody..sweet..but it’s tolerable for me. I think my sister would go ga-ga over it.

Applied wet on skin: Yep..it’s vanilla cake time..with that trickle of tartness catching me in the back of my throat..which I now register as the currants. This is sweeter on my skin…almost a tad bit TOO sweet for my tastes..but let’s see how it rides out.

Couple of minutes on skin:Still pretty cakey…vanilla cake with tart currants getting a bit more presence..but they still manage to only rear their little red/black heads at the tail end…it’s a pleasant experience..definitely one of those types of fragrances I would feel comfortable wearing on the weekend…or maybe on a dress down Friday…it’s a bit too foody for my tastes..but the verdict is still out.

Ten minutes later: Hmm…it’s still vanilla cake goodness with the currants at the tail end..but it’s a bit more sheer-like…the sweetness that is..don’t know how else to explain it.

Twenty minutes later:Same notes..same vibe.

Drydown: Sheer vanilla…lost the tartness of the currant.

Lasting power is about 3+ hours on me with throw on the soft side.

Bottom Line: Eat Me is indeed a fun foody scent..I think it would be nice practically year round. I don’t love it so I think a 5ml is out of the question but I will keep my imp..it might be nice to use in a body cream for layering or maybe my sis might want to give it a whirl.

:P

ahem.

okay.

This is just... delicious. And how could it not be? Cake, vanilla and currants? :D I am so glad to have an imp and it went on my purchase-5 ml-list immediately.

Very cake-y at first, less so in the later drydown stages... After about 4 hours, it's more of a sweet, vanilla pudding with currant undertones, without so much of the "cake" note. Still gorgeous. This is slather-worthy, and so wearable, and I'm the girl who thought she wasn't a foody type.

(Although I'm still scared of trying out Drink Me - I fear the butter :D)

Oh, YUM! This one is absolutely delicious. In the imp, I get the light white cake with a hint of something like carmelized sugar. The vanilla didn't immediately stand out to me but after a few sniffs, I could detect the currant.

As it dried, this just got yummier and yummier. The vanilla really started to emerge but it's not just a regular tired vanilla, it's this gorgeous burnt sugar vanilla that is creamy and makes me obsessively sniff my wrist. I keep catching whiffs of berry in the next couple hours. This is a light scent yet it is still rich and foodie and creamy sweet. I can't stop sniffing myself. I wasn't sure if I'd like a foodie smell on myself as a fragrance but this is just fabulous and beautiful.

This is technically the second time I tried this, but the first time I got to enjoy it all by itself. When I got my order of imps, I pulled the top out and managed to get it all over my thumb when I was already wearing White Rabbit.

Anyway, by itself, it goes on smelling strongly of angel-food cake. After it dries down, the currents come out, adding a nice berry note at the end of a sniff. It doesn't smell plasticky on me, as I've seen in other complaints.

It's lasted about 6 hours at this point, but now mostly smells like the vanilla, with little of the current left. It's pleasant even without the fruit.

This may be a bottle purchase. I like this one.

Vanilla frosting with a heavy does of incense. I was hoping this would be the ultimate foody scent for me but the incense is taking over and it completely doesn't work for me.

I'm going to preface this review by saying that while I'm a big fan of sweet scents in general, my preferences tend to run more towards vanilla/floral sweet rather than foody sweet.

However, I liked it okay when I sniffed the imp. My love of vanilla was all, "hey, there's some vanilla in here! awesome! slather it on!" It smelled very sweet and kind of cakey.

On, it became overwhelmingly unbearably sweet. The cakes amped and amped until that was all I could smell and took on sort of a grainy smell-texture, if that makes sense. As this was my first cake-foody scent try, it may just be that the cake note goes crazy on me. After reading all these reviews, I was really hoping I'd like it, but apparently even my skin's love of amping vanilla couldn't beat the sweetness of Eat Me, and the vanilla was lost in a cakey abyss of doom. :P

This was one of the few scents I've ever actually had to wash off, as the sweetness began giving me an angry headache.

I love this one because I've had a few that started as one thing and immediately dried to another, and stopped there.

This one starts out wet as a very heavy, buttery, almost burned cake. But on drydown it immediately turns into bright, sweet currants - delicious! - with a nice cake/vanilla undertone. After about half an hour, it turns into pure cupcake. Except what I keep saying is "it's not perfume trying to be cupcakes, it's cupcakes in perfume form". I cannot emphasize how much I LOVE this!! I SMELL LIKE A CUPCAKE. :P Man, when I know I'm going to have a bad day, I will reach for this nine times out of ten just because, um, cupcake. Makes all things better.

Wet this is very sweet and foody. Orange and cocoa maybe with a hint of spice. When first on this is a strange foody mix and there's something almost earthy in the background. It's hard to describe but is similar to Freak Show with less citrus. After several minutes I can really detect the cake smell. Now it's reminding me of Monster Bait: Closet. That must be the currants that give it a berry note. After a couple of hours, the vanilla really develops- yummy! This is a very close cousin to Monster Bait: Closet- delicious!

:P I can't get enough of this scent. Classic cake scent, yummy! Delectable! Doesn't react poorly with my skin, stays true througn and through. I will get a 5 mL at some point.

I love foody scents, but a lot of BPAL cakes go a little off on my skin. It often ends up too buttery sweet (Cockaigne, MB: Closet) or weirdly bready/doughy (Haloa, Ostara). Eat Me doesn't do either of those things! It smells like really good cake without any strange side trips. The cake is moist and rich, more similar to pound cake in texture than cake mix. As a previous reviewer mentioned, this is the kind of cake that isn't served with icing. It makes my mouth water. The currants come out a little later as a juicy accent to the scrumptious cake. I feel like I'm sitting down to tea outdoors at a sunny table with freshly baked repast.

Verdict: LOVE! A perfect foody scent. I will definitely need a bottle.

In the imp: vanilla and berries, like a jam-filled sponge.

On me, wet: still that jam-and-sponge feeling to this, but a sweet moist light sponge. Quite tempting, and I'm normally not one for cakey smells.

On me, dry: yup, still that jam-and-sponge cake, like the sort of birthday cake people would have when I was little. It's a little less just-baked now, though.

Verdict: Hunh, I like this. A BPAL cake smell that I like? Madness! Keeping my imp for now.