Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Three white cakes, vanilla, and red and black currants.

Seriously, who can’t resist a scent called “Eat Me”? I had some seriously high expectations for this one, and maybe my expectations were a little too high for a foody, cakey GC scent … anyway, there’s a tartness behind the sweet cake and frosting – probably the currants, but currant doesn’t smell like that on me in other blends. There's something funny about this one, which must be an ingredient in common with The Great Sword of War (which made me dizzy), which doesn’t go away until the complete drydown. However, after full drydown it's fantastic buttery cakey goodness. Eat Me is not your straightforward, rich, diabetic shock cake like Beaver Moon or MB: Closet, the way I like it, but it’s still pretty damn good for a GC scent.

And I'm glad I like this scent so I can get away with saying "Eat Me" to people who ask what I'm wearing.

Bottle: Cake!

Wet: yummy vanilla cake with tangy currant

Dry: Did I mention Cake?!

This blend is yummy! A very warm, comforting, homey scent.

In the bottle: This smells like melted butter with a hint of caramel.

Wet: To my nose, this is butterscotch and fruit that is heavy on the butter and light on the scotch and fruit.

Drying down: A nutty scent has arrived on the scene, like walnuts or cashews. Together with the butter and fruit, this smells a little like maple.

Dry: The butter has lightened significantly, but it is still buttercream icing, to me, with fruit and nuts topping it.

Later: Neither my husband nor I am fond of buttery perfumes. (The exceptions so far have been Haloa, in which the other notes skillfully keep the cakes in check, and Pumpkin Queen in which I love the drydown even though my husband does not.) The finish of Eat Me is pleasant enough, but it takes way too long to get there.

In the imp: Blah, butter!

I'm discovering that I hate the foody smells (they nauseate me, bleh) in the bottle, but once they're on, I'm all set!

On: Fades into a yummmy white cake, with a hint of frosting. Yumyum. It's on my ankle, and I keep contorting to sniff :D

I got this for a friend for the holidays, but yum! I may have to get myself an imp :P

In the imp: Oh food category, we meet again. One day, I will find a food scent that doesn't make my stomach turn, but it is not this day. There is a very sweet berries/vanilla combination here.

Wet: This is not as bad as it could be, really. The vanilla is not bad, but there is this very rich pastry smell that accompanies it. I don't really catch the berries.

Drydown and wear: The scent remains a vanilla/cake mix, with berries firmly in the background. To be honest, this is much more appealing than I thought it would be, and I commend it to anyone who is interested in trying to find a food scent that works of them. However, I'm a hard sell in this category, so I think I"m going to swap it.

First sniff: After the loudly buttery-sweet Drink Me, Eat Me is quite restrained. It’s definitely sweet, but in a subtle white way, much quieter than the brazen hussy that is Drink Me.

Wearing: Ooh, there’s the fruit. It’s still primarily a sugary scent, but the berry part blossoms on my skin. It lasts a surprisingly long time – I was still getting wafts at the end of my work shift. Much love for Eat Me.

In the bottle: The same chemical-buttery note in Jack, but I know that will vanish right away.

Wet: I was right – the butter vanished. Now it smells exactly like store-bought vanilla icing. EXACTLY!

Dry: This remains a strong vanilla buttercream frosting, which would be fine if there was some of the cake involved. I might need a new filling after this one!

Imp: Sugary cake with even more sugary frosting and just a hint of vanilla

Wet: The smell of the vanilla intensives and now a little hint of berry sneaks through, creating a mouthwatering combination. I now want to eat cake – or my arm.

Dry: Sweet, but not overpowering. Smells very tasty. Just may have to invest in a bottle.

Gorgeous! This scent is the the first one in which I was actually tempted to want to *eat* the scent on my wrist--it was that good. It's not overly foody, though, but it has this rich dimension which translates to my brain as something would be amazingly rich and moist and sweet, but not overly so.

But it really is moist, rich, white cake with a thin, dribbling layer of rasberry-currant jam that pops out at you when you get that fork near your mouth.... This scent has a really inviting backdrop of vanilla that's incredible.

The fruity aspect reminds me of Shango, actually.

There's something in here my chemistry does not like. The minute I put it on, it was nauseatingly sweet, and the smell seemed like it was bubble gum flavoured cotton candy... While I might not mind trying a bite of it, I definitely do not want to wear it. Too bad - I had hopes for this one because of the vanilla.

In the vial:

wedding cake

On me:

Pretty simple. Smells like mostly white cake with a soft, sugary currant frosting.

Final note:

Very straightforward with this one - the white cake is sweet but not too strong, and the currant keeps the sugary smell a little fresher with it's fruit note. Very pleasant!

Eat Me starts out as pure buttercream vanilla goodness. I suspect that I'd be like the Pied Piper if I wore this around sugar addicted children.

After a short while the tartness of the currants cuts through the creaminess and makes it a little subtler. I don't wear it often, but it makes me happy enough that I bought a bottle!

Edited by Margravine

In the imp this cake and currant with vanilla, but as soon as it hits my skin it goes currant and buttercream frosting. The cake doesn't stick around on dry down but goes CURRANT and vanilla. This stuff is strong! A dab on each wrist and it's like I'm breathing currant candy. The cakes poke out now and again but it stays mostly currant buttercream.

Very very very foodie and just as sticky sweet.

i was sort of nervous about what to expect with this one what with all the buttercream mentions. seemed like it might be too nauseating for me, but OMG BLACKCURRANTS! so i had to have it. unsniffed in a 5ml, yes yes yes. so i caved in and did just that. and this is all i have to say...

HOLY GRAIL!!! DRY CAKE! SWEET ICING! JUICY CURRANTS!! OMG OMG OMG!!!!!

:D

no really, this somehow is sitting perfectly on my skin with each component balanced so very well. it isn't nauseatingly sticky sweet and in your face. instead i smell a sweet slice of layered white cake with the cream frosting on top and blackcurrant jam in between that someone has just cut into somewhere nearby. HEAVEN. PURE HEAVEN.

i would offer anything in the world to beth and the labbies for a lifetime supply of this. :P

I normally don't like food scents, so this would definately not have been a scent I would've tried if it wasn't part of a group of imps I got. But wow, I am glad I did! I was so afraid that it was going to have that sickly sweet smell, but it doesn't! It was sweeter smelling in the imp, but not overly so. Just pure cake and vanilla. Once on it dried down to a warm vanilla with yummy yummy currants.. And I'm not a big vanilla fan (usually too sweet for my taste), but I LOVE this. The throw is good, but not too strong and lasts a fair amount of time.

I'm really considering getting a bottle of this. :P

ADDED 11/28/08:

On me this is actually not as foody as I expected. I get lots of currents, but not much of the cake. Like another poster, it does remind me of a scratch & snff sticker, or maybe a flavored lip balm I had as a kid, but all grown up.

I do like this more than I expected and it's one I would actually wear on my skin instead of my locket (which is very rare for me since everything usually ends up there).

Edited by Shollin

IN BOTTLE: If you take a million vanilla cakes and squeeze them into one little vial, this would be the scent.

FIRST APPLIED: MMMMMMMM!!!! RICH, moist vanilla birthday cake! Some of that yellow cake too, which is my favorite.

There's a layer between cakes of a berry spread... oh... so delicious! And sugary white frosting on top with sugared flowers decorating the cake.

It almost smells like scratch n' sniff stuff for kids. It's like exaggerated cake. Cake to the max.

But it's sooo good.

DRYING-DOWN: The currants are coming out very strongly, but mixed with vanilla, it's very nice and sweet. I really like it, and I definately want to keep it, but it's not something I'd wear every day, in fear that I'd grow tired of it. It kind of smells like those blue scented markers for kids, now. :P

In the imp: a buttery note and something sharp

Wet: The sharp note comes to the forefront. What is that? An herb? It's got to be the currant, but ...

Dry: Oh now it is almost gone, just a little bit of buttery smell. Looks like Eat me is one of those scents that I would have to slather. If I try really hard I can smell cakes, but it's not like the Demeter cake scents at all. It's more like batter. Cake batter :P

Mmmmm, this is gorgeous. :P

As others have said, a definitely DRY, vanilla-y cake smell. As it dries down more, however, I get some definite boozy, heavier scents.

I think I like the wet stage more, but it's delicious all the same.

Wow. This is REALLY foody, which I like but might not work for most people. It's very sweet, I'm definitely getting the cakes. When it went on I thought I smelled salty buttered popcorn! But that went away once it hit my skin. There's also something almost sharp behind the cakey stuff - the currants?

I LOVE it.

In the bottle, I wasn't sure if I liked this or not. And, reading the reviews, I was hesitant to try it because I'm one for whom Beth's vanilla usually winds up play-doh. At first, it's all currents, all the time. But then it settles down into a great vanilla cake and it's all kinds of love. I tested this on the back of my hand with bliss on my wrists and I had white cake with chocolate frosting! The best! I never thought I'd be a foody, not in a million years, yet here I am. . .

This one, in the imp, isn't quite as "jump out and grab you" as the Drink Me. I wasn't as impressed with it, and didn't think twice about whether I'd buy a full bottle or not.

Then I tried it on. :P

While Drink Me turns to Peanut Butter on my skin, Eat Me remains sweetly foody, and light without being overpowering, and I pick up notes of sweet cakes with a faintly fruity scent - cherries maybe? And a little spice - a sweet spice like cinnamon or nutmeg, but that is also very faint. . .

I love this one :D

<Homer> Mmmmmmmm....Eat Me.....drool...</Homer>

I generally do not do foody, but I'm learning what works. THIS WORKS. Holy bandersnatch, this is fantastic. It's like an incredibly rich shortbread cookie with a dollop of jam. As it dries, it gets more cake-batter.

It's sweet, but not sugary. I think that's the key for me.

So amazingly good. But it drove both the hubby and I to eat pound cake last night.... so also dangerous. :P

buttery white vanilla cake. lighter than beaver moon. i can smell the currants as well, lending their slightly fruity sweetness. that “butter” note smells weird and artificial on me sometimes, but not here. a fun, playful scent. makes me hungry!

I get a heavy caramel sugar note in this, which isn't either pleasant or unpleasant. Underneath, I have the same heavy buttery note that I get in Jack. I do get a whiff of the currants which lend 'acidity' to the mix and prevents it from going into sweet gooey heaven.

The currants become more predominant after about a half-hour or so.

Verdict: I don't do well with most foodie blends but this one deserves another go. I doubt I will ever buy a bottle of this stuff... but it's pretty yummy! :P

Oh, I like this one! I agree with the assessment of a "watery beaver moon" but there was always something about Beaver Moon that was TOO heavy, like "whomp you upside the head with bodaciousness." Not that there's anything wrong with that...

In the imp, Eat Me is a big vanilla milkshake... mmm. You want to do what the label asks of you, so I'm glad the Lab warns us. :D

The scent seems too big for the imp! For the first five minutes, I was sure it was going to be too cloying but here come the currants! Though, they never take over... they keep it from going completely over the edge. The main event is all white, frosted cakes and powdered sugar.

It softens into this beautiful, sweet and sort of powdery scent on the skin. Powdery sugar, not baby powder. No throw at all after the first hour and a half... but I'm thinking a 5ml would not go amiss. :P

Edited by Shollin