Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Three white cakes, vanilla, and red and black currants.

This is pretty! At first, it's quite distinctly cake. Dry, it reminds me a lot of Lampades, but less fruity and slighty more powdery and spicy.

a sort of generic sweet-bread smell, on me. in the bottle it just smells warm and foody. it's less obnoxious then the mosterbaits were, but I still don't like smelling like cake.

I really wanted to love Eat Me, but it was not to be so. It started out a really yummy cake which only lasted a few seconds on my skin before fading into the currants of -doom-. I really did think I was going to like them, but instead of a fresh berry smell, it turned into some sweet vaguely berryish scent with a heavy chemical background. I had to wash it off. :P I was hoping for something much like Monsterbait: Closet... but eh..not so much in my experience.

Eat Me - This is a strange little oil. It definitely smells "foody", but I can't for the life of me figure out what's in it. I know that the scent description is "three white cakes, vanilla, red currants and black currants," but I'm having difficulty reconciling the scent on my skin with the scent description. I smell what seems to be more of a buttercream with a hint of soft but dark chocolate/vanilla blend (I DO detect the vanilla in the scent!) and it's warm and creamy. I don't smell any currant for the life of me. Currant is usually very strong on me, and it's a scent that I either love or hate, depending on the particular blend, but in this instance, I simply do not detect currant at all. Eat Me is definitely a gourmand scent and I'm not particularly drawn to it as a perfume for that reason, but I think it might smell really nice in my oil burner. I'm wondering if I use it in the burner if I'll be able to detect the currants then? The scent has virtually no throw (I have to sniff my skin very close to smell it) but it easily lasts 4 hours from the time I apply it to the time it fades (which for my dry skin, is pretty good staying power).

in the imp:

Oh mmmm. Icing - yummy, sugary, vanilla-y cupcake icing.

wet:

This is so, so yummy. The tartness of currant comes out and it's not straight icing anymore, but there's still a very sweet cake scent.

dry:

Dry, this moves beyond just a foody dessert kind of scent, and is a very bright and comforting blend that is actually quite perfume-like. By that I mean this is not just a candle-y kind of food scent but works well on my skin, too.

season: any

office-friendly? yes...your officemates will have cake cravings

overall:

Awesomely pretty and sweet! Eat Me starts out very, very cake-like and yummy, and dries into a surprisingly wearable scent that's a little warm from the vanilla and a little sparkly with the currant notes but still very sweet. This has great throw on me - I only applied one tiny swipe to my hand, and the boy just walked into the room and said, "Smells like a bakery in here." Which he explained was a good thing. And I agree; this will definitely be a bottle purchase!

I love food scents, so I had to try this.

Imp: Buttery berry cake. Quite sweet.

Wet: Vanilla comes out stronger. I smell a big fluffy white cake with lots of frosting.

Dry: The currant gets stronger, the scent becomes drier but still very yummy. For some reason for a while I have this mental image of a fall fair full of twinkling lights and cotton candy.

Overall: Definitely a very yummy scent. I kept wanting to lick me to see if it tastes how it smells. At first, however, it didn't sit quite right with me, maybe because I don't like frosting all that much. But as it dried, I was transported into a lovely country kitchen, with bowls of currants and stems of vanilla on the table. Also, it lasts quite a long time on me, which is nice. I think this'll be a fall scent for me.

Edited by shirasade

Eat Me is vanilla cakes and currants... but somehow, it's not overly foody. It's cute and light and sweet.

I'm so disappointed. In the bottle, it smelled like buttercream frosting. Oh, man, so tasty. On my skin, it bloomed to a less sweet frosting smell...for about three minutes. Then the currants rose up from hell and made me smell like medicine. Ew. Three hours later, I'm finally to the 'vanilla cake' phase, but I can't take smelling like liniment to get there.

Not *that’s* more like it!! MUCH better than Drink Me! Right off the bat I get some wonderful vanilla/currant cake mix. It’s foody but fruity… and still neither. It’s not at the top of my BPAL Must-have list but I’m definitely getting a bottle anyway…. Lol… wait. Does that put it at the top?

I'm a little disappointed with Eat Me. I think the bottle at will-call worked better on me than the bottle I left with. Go figure. It happens. I still like it.

I decided to try this one a few times before posting a review. In the bottle, it reminds me a little bit of the Monsterbaits in the bottle. Rather buttery and overpowering. Once I put it on though, it really softens up into a sweet cake. The disappointing part is that not only do I not smell the currants (I <3 currant :P ), but the cake smells dry instead of fresh and moist. I still like the scent dry. It's very soft and comforting, but it's not what I dreamed it would be.

I decided to try it in my scent locket today and whoa! This scent has throw! I catch a whiff of buttery frosting every few minutes and it's a little startling. It really retains the bottle scent when placed in a locket. But again, the currants drop to zero. What I may try next is to place both Eat Me and Red Queen in my locket at the same time. Red Queen goes very currant-y in my locket. A match made in heaven? I'll just have to experiment!

Edit (a few weeks later): *Teggy yelling into her bottle, "HELLO!!!! Currant! Where the hell are you?! Argh!"*

Edited by Teggy

In the imp: Buttery, but somehow still light, like really good yellow cake mix. Sweet, and in a way rather remniscient of Jack. I actually think this scent is closer to what I originally wanted out of Jack (minus the pumpkin, of course) than Jack really was.

Wet: It's gone! No, it's morphing...

Drying: Sharp currants in there, now, with the same buttery/creamy yellow cake batter. When I say creamy, I don't mean that it smells like cream, but that it's smooth and even, and very blended.

Dry (5 min.): It's all currants right now. They're covering the lovely cake batter, and they're rather sharp. I like this, though. It's an almost-floral? Or an almost-fruity with an undercurrent of birthday cake.

Dry (30 min.): More fruit than cake... :P At least it's a pretty fruit?

Overall: My chemistry has ruined the pretty yellow-cake batter effect for me. I didn't exactly want to smell like a five-year-old's birthday party, but even a little bit of cake would have been nice.

I give it a 3.5/5

Oh my...I only ordered an imp of this, because I couldn't justify bottles of both Eat Me and Drink Me in my Dragon Moon order and I figured I had a lot of cake already...

Boy did I make the wrong call. The most impressive scent in Eat Me for me is the currants...ripe and juicy and sharp. They are on top of a cake to be sure, but the cake is just a vehicle. The tart fruit is the star of this blend for me. Another for the bottle list.

Eat Me is really not very foody on me at all on drydown. Its more of a curranty-floral, almost perfumey scent, and is very pretty.

Whilst it is still wet I do get some of the cakey smell that others talk about, but it morphs into quite a sophisticated smelling perfume within half and hour or so. It is very very nice, and definitely the better of the two Mad Tea Party consumables.

Eat Me: In the bottle - yup, definitely cake-like. Not as sweet as MB:Closet though, more like cake without the frosting. Once on I smell berries and I admit that I really don't know what currants smell like but the scent of this reminds me of blueberries. There's a brief hint of butteriness wafting through but never quite coming to the surface. Overall I really like this. It's much lighter than MB:Closet, Underbed, Underpants, Beaver Moon, et al. Good for those days when you want to smell like cake but don't want a strong scent.

This one is quite intriguing for me. Wet, I get the vanilla and yummy comfort and an ever so slight waft of the currants. Drydown is more vanilla and then goes straight to Cream Cheese Frosting but the currants disappear. 3 hours later I still am smelling the Cream Cheese Frosting and wondering where the carrot cake is!

All in all, I love this one and so does my 6 year old.

Wet this is super sweet cake, a sour squirt of currant, and something smokey that reminds me of Sugar Skull and Snake Oil-not what I was expecting at all, happily. As it dries out, the cake is a vague, dry vanilla sweetness, and it gets spicier, which is also unexpected. Hours later she is creamy and sweet, but with a depth comparable to amber, really. This is amazing, and better than the description if you love orientals like I do.

Eat me is an instant favorite! I must have a big bottle. "Let them wear cake!" :P

Edited by lookingglass

It's so funny what chemistry will do to a scent! I get no cake at all from Eat Me. In the imp, it smelled like fruity jelly beans and vanilla. But from application to drydown, I get a fruity, slightly sharp currant jam. I can see (er, smell) how tart compared Eat Me to Lampades.

This one changes not at all on me from bottle to dry-down: it smells of cake. Yellow cake with white frosting, I think, the kind you get at grade-school birthday parties.

It was actually kind of funny -- I was so shocked at how much it smelled exactly like it that I went around the house saying "I smell like cake! Smell this!"

I'm not actually sure that I *like* smelling of cake -- I'm not really a foody kind of person -- but it was fun to smell that much *exactly* like something else.

Eat Me was one of the first things to go on my very first wishlist (newbie here), since I like foody scents - and white cake with currants? Mmmmm.

When it came with my first order, I tried Eat Me on one wrist and another oil (I think it was Black Hellebore) on the other. BAD idea. The combination almost made me sick and I couldn't wash them off fast enough. I put my poor nose to rest for about a week, then tried Eat Me again - this time ALONE.

I guess the first impression is always hard to erase from the mind because it just didn't smell right. Fake vanilla - there was something plastic about it that just didn't do it for me. The scent was blunt, if that makes sense to you, and made me gag. I was so disappointed since I LOVE all the Monsterbaits and hoped to find a GC that would replace them when I ran out.

:P

I don't get any cake - it's all currants. In the bottle, it smells a bit like a new age hippie store - some sort of incense. It's nice, but I'm into foodie scents right now and wish I was getting more cake.

"Frosting" is what my husband said when we smelled this out of the vial and it sounded promising.

My body chemistry changed this from a pure food smell to a perfumey candley berry smell.

The last whiffs were vanilla, but the middle made me smell like the candle aisle at Target.

It's certainly not bad, but there are BPAL smells I like much better.

This is bound for scent locket if it doesn't change there, or my mother, whose body chemistry doesn't turn every perfume-y smell into OldLadyLand.

yes, ok, i admit. i had to have this for the name, and to add to my Wonderland collection.

sniffed from the bottle : caramel squares.

on skin, wet: yeast rolls, still warm from the oven, dripping with honey butter

on skin, dry: angel food cake

ADDED Aug. 23:

poundcake, fruitcake and yellow cake batter.... made with lots of real butter...

this is so yummy, rich without being sugary.

(more like molasses than nutrasweet)

i'm not sure i get any currants, but there's something i can't quite identify... that i think might be the almost-almond flavour of some white cakes (like wedding cakes)

This is very bubblegummy happy happy joy joy berry when I first put it on. However, it dries down to a nice powdery vanilla with a hint of berry. Light, but nicely so.

This is what it is.

Very much smells like cake, scrummy white cake with a smidge of currants detected.

Creamy and lovely. I can imagine that this would be very well layered with many different scents.

Yum! The vanilla cake bursts out on first sniff, but the tartness of the currants sneaks in quickly. After a while, however, this morphs a bit, so that it's more akin to fluffy vanilla frosting, swirled with a bit of berry sauce. And yet it still smells dry, not at all creamy. The throw isn't strong after a few minutes, but what sticks around is delicious.