Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

EAT ME

Soon her eye fell on a little glass box that was lying under the table: she opened it, and found in it a very small cake, on which the words `EAT ME' were beautifully marked in currants.

`Well, I'll eat it,' said Alice, `and if it makes me grow larger, I can reach the key; and if it makes me grow smaller, I can creep under the door; so either way I'll get into the garden, and I don't care which happens!'

She ate a little bit, and said anxiously to herself, `Which way? Which way?', holding her hand on the top of her head to feel which way it was growing, and she was quite surprised to find that she remained the same size: to be sure, this generally happens when one eats cake, but Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.

Three white cakes, vanilla, and red and black currants.

BPAL’s Eat Me is not for eating. Please use common sense, and remember: perfume oils are for external use only.

Tried at will call.

First sniff sweet yummy and foody!

On this one is cakey and delicious but it is in no way as heavy as some of the other foody blends (gluttony, beaver moon and the like). This one is so sweet and light I almost lost it at one point and decided to add one more drop to see it out. This is so tasty and might lead some of you over to the foody side.

Before this was brought out to sniff I had asked a labbie how she thought this smelled and she said a watery version of Beaver Moon and I have to say I so see that description in it. There is something slightly watery about this. Maybe Alice had already begun to cry before she ate this little morsel.

Edited by Shollin

Absolutely delicious. I wish it were edible. At least this way I'm not cheating on my diet.

In the imp: Butter, cake. Somehow Beth stuffed someone's kitchen in here.

Wet on skin: Black currants and a lick of frosting (vanilla) on cake. This doesn't smell like the yellow cake scent I get from Monster Bait: Closet. It's more "white cake" smelling. No butter smell at all.

Dry: The currants take over for a bit during drydown. Aw, it fades pretty quickly.... which means I need a big bottle.

If you're a foody scent person, you should be ashamed if you haven't already ordered a bottle of this! After you're done hanging your head, go make the order. It really is a yummy scent. :P

Edit: I agree with blood*rose*flowers. It's definitely a lighter/quieter foody scent than others.

Edited by Babylon

In Bottle: Angelfood Cake

On Skin: YUM! Well of course it is, can a description be any more tasty? This is pure and simple cake. Not the frosting, but the actual cake which is why it reminds me of Angel’s Food since I usually eat that plain. The vanilla is strong and creamy, but I barely smell the currants. This is a great foody blend but it isn’t heavy or overwhelming, it’s so much more gentle and soft. The throw is VERY light, I think I will be slathering this scent, good thing I ordered a 10ml right off the bat without even a sniff test. The currants do come out more in the drydown… but even then they’re light, not juicy or syrupy at all. A gorgeous yummy scent, I just wish it had more throw and wear length.

Gah, I'm just so happy about all the foody blends added to the GC in the last update!

Eat Me, is, well, edible. It's another blend that really has to meld with my skin chemistry in order to really bloom, but a few minutes after application, it's spongy, fluffy white cake with just enough currant to keep it from being too sweet. It really is angelfood cake in a bottle!

Eat Me

Sniffing from the bottle: Lighter than what I was expecting. Smells more like caramel than cake to me.

Upon appliation: Now it smells more like cake. White cake with just a little hint of almond, very fresh.

After a few minutes: Eat Me totally surprises me, because after a couple of minutes, the foodiness completely goes away. I assume the currant is taking over, and the tartness of it the fruit surprises me. It's a very light, powdery, tart, sweet fruit. Quite nice.

Conclusion: Really light and pretty but lasts a long time. While I like it a lot, I don't think it's quite me. I'll be tempted to keep the imp around just to sniff it, though.

in the bottle: sweet yummy vanilla cake.

wet: ahh a hint of currant, but still mostly vanilla yummy goodness, it smells of freshly made cake.

this is light and sweet it does remind me of angel food cake, w/ currant jelly on the side. very yummy and quiet sweet and innocent smelling.

I tested this and my brain exploded with happy. I love the smell of Eat Me! It has this amazing, cakey-vanilla-fruity smell that is absolutely delectable. It doesn't last an incredibly long time on me but that's fine, for the lovely smell that is fresh Eat Me I will slather and reapply all I need to; THANK GOD FOR GENERAL CATALOGUE AMAZINGNESS. Soooo glad I won't have to stalk eBay for more, I can order any I need! And I will. I got a 5mL but damned if I don't need a 10, stat. GIMME MORE. Thank you Beth!

5 out of 5.

Edited to add: My first 5mL went the way of the dodo, and I've dented the new 10mL. I use it a LOT. My dork of a brother in law tried to, you guessed it, eat it when he saw the bottle. Apparently it does not taste as good as it smells ;-) I would also add that it ages nicely: aged it lasts longer on skin. It also does this amazing thing when it's fully dry after a few hours that I can't even describe, but is scrumptious.

Edited by LittleGreyKitten

Mmmm, currant. I'm getting mainly currant out of this with a little bit of vanilla underneath. I'm kind of surprised it doesn't smell cakey to me, since it smells like cake to other reviewers.

The currant smells yummy, and the vanilla underneath gives it a creaminess that balances out the tart currant beautifully. Very well done! I'll be needing a bottle of this.

Bottle: a bit of Underpants-ish vanilla + a bit of Monster:Underbed-ish berry.

Wet: sweet berry-ish vanilla. Not cloying. Just creamy and sweet.

Drydown: The vanilla is actually kind of perfumey, and it isn't as foody as I expected it to be, nor as strong. But this is oh so lovely and sweet and wonderful.

This does not disappoint me at all—though it isn't as cakey as the Monsterbaits, it is still yummy.

Rating (on skin): 3/5

Summarised in a word or two: Fruity cake!

In the imp: Tart, fruity currants and thick cakes! Very foody (big surprise there).

On skin, wet: Rich, sweet, teeth-rotting cake and currants! This is... very rich and foody, and exceptionally fruity as well.

On skin, dry: This is where the currants take on a plastic quality. That aside, it's a lovely scent, but, as I've said, exceedingly foody and fruity. Not being particularly big on either, I'm not feeling the "OMGWANTMORE" vibe.

Conclusion/Notes: While I didn't really expect to love this, I had to sneak an imp into my Dragon Moon order. It really is lovely for what it is, but it's not at all something I'd wear as a perfume.

how delightfully strange! i expected this from reviews to be all cake all the time, kind of like Beaver Moon. but you know what? it's not!

in the imp, sure, cake is the primary ingredient, and in fact, i can catch whiffs of cake floating about me, but close to the skin? this is a light and bright currant.

oh, Eat Me is all about the yum.

i have several bottles of Beaver, and one of the Baits that works for me.... that ought to be enough foody ones and yet, i find myself going back and sniffing this sweet little scent over and over. it's not as SWEET as the other two. it's drier. its... its.... it's like real strawberry shortcake is! when you use real strawberries that you grew or got at the farmer's market. and fresh cake. and homemade whipped cream.

i mean, it smells like currant shortcake. or something.

it's good. that's all you really need to know now, don't you?

n.

eatme.jpg

Dear God, this was one time when foody and perfume meet and the combination is indescribably delicious. This one is my Holy Grail for sure. 10ml on my next order. There is a note in here that is straight out of Snake Oil which really goes with the rest of the blend like magic. Thank God this is a GC.

Deep vanilla with spices and a shot of lemon. I don't get any berries to this, but that might be just a general fruit thing talking. Eat Me is great, just great. I love it.

Edited by olympia301

foody scents are hit and miss for me, but i like eat me! it's got the creamy vanilla-cake going on with the berry to tart it up a bit, and i swear there's a slight amber or spice scent i'm getting too. not sure i'd wear this often, but it smells really lovely for a foody scent :P

ETA: later when it's more worn-off i get the plasticky smell i got from midway. but in the early stages it smells pretty.

Edited by theseagrows

CAKE! Vanilla, and maybe also almond. Underneath is a nice tangy twinge of currant. Delicious! It's actually pretty light and not at all overwhelming - just tasty sweet goodness. But, do I really want to smell like cake all the time? Maybe so!

i didn't think this smelled so much like cake at first, more fruity candy..and almost floral...like the candied lemon drops of enraged bunny musk...if this is a cake, it would be lemon poppyseed cake, with orange icing. a very citrussy cake, or a currant cupcake with a lot of icing. really though, it reminds me of a lemon or orange icing. or the cake batter, before it is baked. i do really like it, and can see it becoming addicting.

In the imp: VANILLA with a tiny bit of currant.

Wet on skin: Oh wow. Are we 100% positive that this isn't edible? The most complex layering of vanilla cake with currant. Amazing.

Dry on skin: I'm getting mostly the currant. Very very lovely. The vanilla's in the background, and for once isn't the dominating note.

Overall: 9.5/10. A great foody scent. Very hungry now. Very reminiscent of the feel that I get from Bordello. This is the bordello the next morning when everyone's in the kitchen, snacking on cake with layers of currant jam filling while gossiping about what happened the previous night. I love it! :P

On the skin, wet, this has a whiff of vanilla cake, with something lemony and fresh. As it wears, the vanilla comes out stronger. This is a gorgeous blend! There’s something a touch spicy in here. I’m not really getting any currants in here, just spice, vanilla, and a touch of cake. Damn, it dries down and has an element of Snake Oil/Snake Charmer in here that is fabulous!!

Overall impression, it’s not as foody as I would have expected; by that I mean that it’s lighter than Beaver Moon, any of the MB, Misk U, etc. While it definitely smelled edible – I want to eat my wrist, it’s a light scent that doesn’t have the heavy intensity of some Beth’s other gourmand oils.

I am so thankful that this is part of the GC, I have to get a big bottle with my next order.

Eat Me has the most mouthwatering description of any BPAL blend, hands down. *drools* I love that there are GC gourmand blends for those who missed Monsterbait. Eat Me is softer than I expected--it doesn't jump up and attack your nose; it wafts softly and whispers to you of luscious desserts. Vanilla and currant are a heavenly combination. I can understand the angelfood cake comparison--this is light, fluffy, sweet. In other words, *perfect*, because some of the heavier 'Baits got too overpowering on me after awhile. This may be a bottle right here!

bpalEAtMe.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y181/lush...PALEatMebot.jpg

In the bottle

Cake! Yummy.

On

Buttery cake, something chocolatey, and something a wee bit boozy and this all blends to make a foody scent with a sexy undertone. wink.gif

Is it coconut I smell in here?

Reminds me a bit of "Velvet" mixed with a bit of fruity/boozy that is quite nice.

30 minutes

As it dries it smells more similar to "Spooky" on my skin.

Throw:

average

Scent category:

Foody

Summary

Foody, creamy, buttery goodness, then a few minutes later, boozy/fruitness is included. This fruitieness is what really would set this apart from other foody blends imo. Unfortnately this phase didn't last on me.

Purchase again?

No. I love the wet phase but not the dry down. I like the way Mitsvah or the Monsterbaits smell on me more than Eat Me. I felt the same way about Spooky so take that into consideration hehe. Something in there just morphs on my skin into something that smells like burning coffee.

1-5 rating (5 being best)

I love foodie scents and I love sweet scents... but Eat Me is so intensely sweet that it makes me feel sort of nauseous. :P

At first, this smells like a combination of gummi bears and vanilla on me. Gummi bears with an extra pound of sugar added to their recipe. And vanilla frosting with so much extra sugar that it has that grainy taste. The point is that this is SUGARY.

After about an hour, the fruitiness has dried down and I don't get the gummi bear smell anymore. But I'm left with hyper-sweet vanilla that actually smells somewhat like vanilla incense on me. It has a very smoky, suffocating sort of quality.

In Eat Me I have finally found a blend that is actually way too sweet for me. Drink Me is pure, complex foodie heaven on me... this one is a bit too much of a good thing. I don't know if I'd ever be able to wear Eat Me. I don't much want to smell like sugar buzzed gummi bears and vanilla incense. The overall result was that this was so strong and sweet that it actually made me a bit queasy (and I'm a person that normally *loves* sweet).

Another winner!

I agree with others that have mentioned a note that is extremely similar to the Snake Oil/Snake Charmer vein.

This starts off all cake, ala Beaver Moon without the heaviness. As it warms, the beautiful currants come out. I don't find it overly sweet. So, this is just about right. There is a sweet vanilla musk component that lasts all day on my skin.

Top notes: sweet vanilla cake with just a slight lemony twist, deepened by a earthy berriness that stays close and finishes with an aged vanilla musk.

In the sniff comparison between Eat Me and Drink Me, Eat Me is definitely the winner with my chemistry.

Soft on the butter note, and the currants are tart enough to bring down the sweetness of the cake.

This will be the scent I reach for when I want to have a cloud of baked goods around me.

In the bottle this smells like a syrupy, rich frosting and berries scent, along the lines of Monster Bait: Closet, but not quite the same.

Actually, I even detect a similarity to Snake Oil.

On my skin, most of the cake scent fades to the background, and there's a thick, still syrupy but tart currant/berry scent. It's nicely rounded, without one dominant "This smells just like ____" note.

Very good lasting power on my skin, but not very much throw.

I was expecting this to be very light, but it really does remind me a lot of Snake Oil. The color of the oil is very dark also.

Oh Beth, you're a goddess. I finally have my 2 favorite notes in the same bottle, to the near exclusion of all others! Vanilla and currants? Heaven. Thank you!!!

This starts out rich and almost buttery--I get the same "cake" note I get from Monster Bait: Closet. Sweet and creamy. Then, as the butteriness starts to dry down and calm down, currants. Omg, currants. Tart and lightly sweet and very vaguely floral. Eventually, the cake subsides altogether and I'm left with creamy vanilla and currants. This is among the most comforting, delightful scents I've encountered.

In the end? It stops being foody at all. It's still got the currant and vanilla notes, but they are not edible, merely beautiful.

Gorgeous.

I think my eyes just rolled back in my head a little. Eat Me is divine - I don't pick up any vanilla at all, but I do detact a nice creamy wollop of cake batter which is making my nose sing happily.

The currant isn't standing out for me at all, which is a real nice change. Usually, I get beaten over the head with Beth's currants, this time around they're hanging out in the background.

I almost get a little woody something too - dunno where the heck that's coming from, but I'm not about to complain.

Low throw, though - sadly.

3.5/5 on Medici's Scale o' Lurrve