Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Three white cakes, vanilla, and red and black currants.

Tart berries and spice cake, all the way- especially wet out of the bottle. I only ever used this frimp in a locket, so I can't speak as to my skin chemistry, but as it warmed and dried it smelled more and more like the spices and berries and less of the vanilla and cake- which was still beautiful and probably lucky for me, since straight from the imp it made me SO HUNGRY FOR CAKE!

Truly great, if not one I would wear everyday, for the sake of my caloric intake. XD But I may reorder the imp, for those especially confident, happy and enthusiastic days.

This smells yummy in the imp, but something disastrous happens when it hits my skin. It turns weird. I have learned this sometimes happens with cake or pastry notes. They just don’t like me. In an hour or so it's more pleasant, but sadly Eat Me is not for me.

Edited by Lucchesa

I bought this bottle unsniffed because I thought there was no way that I wouldn't like it and when I got it I was immediately disappointed, it was so red currant-y it was almost medicinal but then I tried something recommended to me called artificial aging. I left my bottle with the cap off in a shaded part of my room for fifteen minutes and the scent settled into something from my dreams, it is the most amazing, out of this world smell that's like caramels and a bakery but better, it's so good my explanation just doesn't do it justice...I cannot believe how amazing Eat Me is, its a life-changing perfume

Plus, my room smelt amazing for several days afterwards

Edited by Mufasa

First Sniff: White cake and red currants. The white cake reminds me of the vanilla in Little Debbie Zebra Cakes.

Initial Wet Application: Light, sugary vanilla and faint currants.

Dry Down (first 15 minutes): As it began the drydown, this was sugary, fake vanilla and was very light. I’ve already lost the yummy white cake smell.

My Reaction: After it dried down completely, there was a very faint fake-vanilla scent, but it was unimpressive. I had high hopes for this to be another delicious foody scent, but alas, it’s basically nothing. Oh well. I’ll give this another try later, but the first try didn’t go well.

Rating: 1

In the Imp: Sweet sugary currants. Smells so good...

Wet, on Me: Caaaaake!!! Then some currants. Mmm. It's like a big piece of white cake and it has currants sprinkled all through it. I want to take a bite....

Dry, after 5 minutes: Cake, no frosting, covered in currants.

Dry after 30 minutes: Mostly currants, a little bit of cake scent.

Dry after an hour: Sweet currants it seems. No more cake.

All cake with a touch of currants, which I find my nose can't smell until my arm in heading away from it, like a memory of currants.

The cake is vanilla-y, but has spices in it- kind of comparable to a box cake versus one from scratch. The scratch one is better, and this imp has the scratch version in it.

Surprisingly light, for being a foody scent, and I suspect this won't last long on my skin.

I was mistaken. It's still on me, just really close to my skin. Any hint of currant is gone and has been replaced by smelling like a food version of snake oil, but in secret because snake oil blows up on my skin and has tremendous throw, while this doesn't but has the same spices in it, with the sweetness still there.

A keeper.

Edited by Anita

I ignored this scent for a while because I thought it would be too simple and I wasn't that interested in foody scents. That was a mistake. The currants here are more perfumy than foody to me, but that's not a bad thing. The red ones are tart and almost spicy and the black ones balance that out. And the cake...it's the softest most delicate vanilla cake ever.

At first I thought Eat Me was too sweet and foody for me, but I'd still like to occasionally dab on just a little bit on one isolated spot (while wearing some other scent as my "main scent") and then sneak little sniffs of the Eat Me spot once in a while. I guess it grew on me because each time I'd go to put on a little I'd apply a little more and a little more...

On me this is the scent of CAKE. CAKEsplosion CAKE punch-in-the-face. Death by suffi-CAKE-tion. Sweet, vanilla-y, vanilla-frosted cake with a bit of currant jam. I always found it had kind of a buttery-ness, more like yellow vanilla cake than white vanilla cake... sometimes I get more currants, sometimes less, but always so much cake! On me, it wears heavy and sweet and scrumptious. I had only an imp of this for the past couple of years and recently pulled it to out to find it almost empty, so I got a bottle. :)

Eat Me starts off smelling like slightly burnt caramel (in a good way). After a few minutes, something playful and juicy comes out (the berries?). And then the vanilla arrives, lightening it all up and making it even more delicious.

I was worried that this might go buttery and cakey, but it doesn't. It's delicious without being overly foody. Oddly, there's something about it that reminds me of Bastet (perhaps there's almond in the three white cakes?).
Very nice, and definitely one for regular use. When my imp is gone I might contemplate a bottle.

Wet: Rich vanilla cake and currants. Sweet, foodie perfection.

Dry: A little bit sweeter than the wet stage, with all the same notes. Vanilla cake soaked in currants. Delicious. Amazing. A must-try for all foodie lovers!

This is a thicker, oomphier foodie than Alice, thought the two are very similar. LOTS of very dense vanilla cake, spotted with currant juice. Super yummy and sticky.

Was frimped this in a recent decant circle order. In the imp and at first sniff, it's very sweet, heavy on the vanilla, and has something that reads to my nose as slightly boozy, despite that not being listed in the notes. As it dries and warms up, the sweetness mellows out a bit and becomes more recognizably cake-like -- more of a slightly dry than a cloying sweetness, with a very faint fruitiness from the currants. Overall, the impression is full-on vanilla cake. Definitely one to try if you like vanilla or gourmand scents, but this one doesn't wow me as much as other food-y scents like Cockaigne or Miskatonic University.

Oh I love it I love it. Bordello look out, you may have a new competitor for my top blend. So, I have problems with very foodie scents, they smell delicious in the bottle but then when I wear them I feel nauseous. I worried this would be the case for Eat Me when I opened the bottle. Cake. Perfectly nailed, delicious vanilla sponge cake. I wanted to drink it so badly (do not).

Onto the skin it goes. Caaaake. Mmmm cake.

But wait! After about, 15-30mins perhaps, we're getting somewhere! I wouldn't say it becomes fruity as such, so much as the currants appear, laced through the cake, blended beautifully. They're both sweet and tart, and distract from the raw vanilla cake foodiness just enough to make this less than nauseating.

If you're into the idea of deeply foody blends but find them a bit sickly when they go all out, I think this is a good shout. I find the fruit keep it just shy of overpowering. Obviously your mileage may vary.

At first I wasn't sure what to make of this---I think I'd been bracing myself for the vanilla so much that the currants took me off guard. I also tend to amp berry/fruit scents, so the currant starts off a bit strong on me. Over time, though, it does gentle down into a slightly heady, warm currant-vanilla. This scent is also weirdly addictive; I started out not being that keen on it; now I keep coming back for more! The currants actually give it a nice dimension and uniqueness, I think, although the comparisons to Bordello and Snake Oil really make me want to try those too.

Normally I don't go for foodie scents, but this scent definitely changed my mind. On my skin, it smells like a sweet, extremely buttery yellow cake fresh from the oven. The vanilla note is the most prominent, followed by what smells like butter (sounds weird but this is not a complaint). I can slightly smell the currants if I reeeeeally sniff but they are a truly minor player in this scent.

If you are looking for a more currant-heavy scent, I would suggest All Souls'. This scent is mostly cake, though that isn't a bad thing by any stretch!

Wet this is pretty but not wowing me. I get the impression of cake fur sure, vanilla that's warm but not the vanilla I love from other scents like Haute Macabre or Two Goats and Two Sheep. Must be the cake. I'm not sure I get any of the currants.

As it dries, this reminds me somewhat of B&BW Brown Sugar Vanilla, which I did not like. Sadly, this one is edging on headache territory for me.

Edited by Alisha_SBC
typo

I bought a fresh imp of this from the lab.  This was intended as a test to see how I feel about foodie scents.  In the vial, it smells aggressively cakey!

Two swipes of the wand, wet:  Caaaaaake!!!  As it dries, the cake first gains a tiny touch of spices and berries get added.  The berries gradually become more prominent before backing off again, leaving a whipped cream sort of scent.  Yum!  This would be a great oil to whip in with some shea butter or something for a decadent moisturizer.  I think there's even something kinda sexy about it.

It seems to have a medium-big throw and pretty good staying power.  A definite winner in all aspects!  Given how powerful this is, though, I would avoid it in situations where subtlety is required.

This is a heavy cake and vanilla scent when wet, some sweetness from the currants begin to come out once dried down. It literally smells like I put icing and syrup on my wrists instead of perfume oil. 

Probably the best from the Mad Tea Party collection that I have tried so far. The throw is pretty good too and with good wear time, definitely another reason to look for a bottle in the future! If you haven't tried many MTP scents, you have to try this one after Alice!

This was the first BPAL scent I ever wanted to try! I love cake and red fruit notes and this seemed like a great starting point. 

Eat Me is a very sugared currant with a strong note of vanilla and a hint of cake. The fruits are the strongest note with sweet vanilla coming next. I get a hint of a spiced cake but it's not as prominent as I would have liked. This almost smells like a maple syrup. This was mostly a fruity vanilla on me.

Sweet, white cake and currants. Reminds me in way of angel food cake but there's definitely white icing involved. Strong in the bottle but really mellows out deliciously on the skin. Light throw for me on this one and doesn't last too long. Pleasant, would be nice to wear at a party.

Begins as a delicious honeyed cake oozing with jammy berries. Very yummy! Eventually it becomes a nice sweet powdery smell, like someone ate up the cake and left a plate of crumbs and traces of powdered sugar. I'm not sure where I get honey from since it's not listed in the notes, but it is there and mingling with a vanilla cake note.

I love gourmands, and Eat Me was one of the very first BPALs whose descriptions got me excited far back in the day when I was a wee newbie. However, every time I open it I always find it... disappointing. Yes, it is a foodie. Yes, it smells nice. Not bad at all. It's just so very dull, as far as foodies go. Sure, it's sweet cakey berries. I bet I'd be very happy to eat this cake with a cup of tea. But Eat Me makes my nose bored. It's fine. I'll keep my imp around, probably. But there's dozens of more interesting foodies out there. 

i'm so jealous of everyone who gets cake out of this.  to me this is jammy red fruits and an almost boozy buttercream.

it's fine, i'll get past my cake envy and really enjoy this eventually, because it smells pretty damn scrumptious.  

Cake! Sweetness on sweetness, vanilla sugar! My partner loves foodie scents and this hits the spot. Very strong on initial application but doesn’t last too long sadly, mutes out to a low single vanilla note