Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Three white cakes, vanilla, and red and black currants.

Overly foody scents always just smell like buttered popcorn to me--this is no exception.

Edited by delighted

Eat Me imp

Wet/Bottle - Smells like cake, as promised. Almost like a baby Cake Smash, buttery and a little fruity. Slightly powdery? Possibly just part of the notes that make it cakey, but i digress.

Wet/Skin (5 minutes) - Still smells like cake, but my skin tends to amp the buttery smells. It's borderline buttered popcorn on me, but I know that's just my skin.

Dry/Skin (30 minutes) - A sweet, cake foody scent. Exactly as was expected. I still don't get any currant, however.

It's nice, but foodie scents still aren't really for me.

Never having tried any of BPALs foody scents before, this came off as really surprising. It smells like actual cake. Not like sweet foody vanilla with fruits, but like as if you've just opened the oven to check on your vanilla cake. You can tell it's really well blended, and it smells really lovely.

I don't think I would wear it during the day when I'm out and about as it's a bit too foody for me, but I got this as a gift for my Alice in Wonderland/foodie scents loving sister, so I'm sure she'll love it.

Got this as a frimp. It does smell really cake-y, and a little fruity - but it's also got a little bit of that popcorn-salty-sweetness that I also get with Mouse Circus, strangely enough. I like the slight jamminess of the red and black currants. But if I'd gotten it for the cake and fruits, I wouldn't necessarily want that buttered popcorn at the back of it.

Lovely frimp though, I'll probably use it up.

In bottle: cake with vanilla whipped cream and some tart currants!

On skin: a little tart still, currant blending really nicely with the whipped vanilla cake smell! The vanilla is really substantial and deep, even if it is sort of a light fragrance altogether. There is a breaded *almost* gingery quality to it for warmth.

Dry down: a soft and bready vanilla with a soft berryish currant tone. Not much else to add to all the other reviews, a little too whipped vanilla and foodie to be a vanilla I'd wear regularly...but it's pretty lovely, and I do wear it when I want a light and fresh sweet scent!

I really get the cake right on application. This is definitely a foodie fragrance. It's a dense, sweet, crumbly texture in my mind. After like 10 minutes the currants come out and balance it very nicely. It has a sweet but spicy, almost incense-like quality too. I kinda want to say I even smell saffron? The spice note actually started a bit medicinal in a similar way to Laudanum so I think it might have nutmeg too. The spices give it an old fashioned vibe, the way I would imagine sweets from another era, where it wasn't just pure sugar flavor. The throw is good, average to strong. Eat Me smells different close to the wrist versus far away. The sillage is sweeter, while close to the wrist is spicier. The color vibe is ivory with dark berry and purple accents. It all dries down to a vanilla sweet cake that lasts for AGES on me. It's still on my wrist a bit the next day. I liked this one, I am really enjoying all the Alice in Wonderland scents so far!

Edited by Mermaid-on-Land

How have I never reviewed Eat Me? It was one of the first BPAL bottles I purchased. Fruity, sweet, almost creamy. Perfect. I love it. It has amazing throw and lasting power, and I get compliments when I wear it.

Woo vanilla cakes! I think I smell a tasty rum cake among them, and I want a bite. I keep sniffing at the test spot. It's too close to lunch for this blend to be a good idea -- I kind of want to eat my arm.

The currants are more subtle than I expected. I wish there were a bit more of those, and more tartness there, but I like this.

Yummy, delicious, sweet vanilla cake. This is like the foodiest, cakiest scent ever and I'm loving it. Just a slight hint of fruitiness. I really need to reach for this one more often... I feel like eating my arm right now.

Sniffing the imp I smell really sweet vanilla sponge cake with lots of frosting. I am taking a gamble with this, as sweet foods aren't a favourite, but I was intrigued enough to see if it morphed into anything. Wet reminds me of Penny Dreadful but without the gingersnaps smell. The currant smell is starting to creep out which is cutting through the frosting. Strong throw, I'm finding it too syrupy/creamy/sweet at the moment. I can smell the currants. It smells like after a party and there is squashed cake and currants on the floor. Not entirely unpleasant, just not for my nose.

Frimp fresh from the lab. Foodie smells are not my thing, so was not expecting to like this.

In the imp: Current cake, quite realistic.
Wet on me: Very very buttery cake batter. Some weird floral / raisin combo coming out at it dries.
Dry: Whatever is making the "butter" note is super strong on me. Although I do love butter, I don't want to smell of it! Apart from that it really does smell impressively like cake. Vanilla and spices and golden-brown baked sugar.. If you're into that sort of thing I'd imagine you will love this, but personally I washed it off before I got to the final dry-down.

Had his imp for around 8 months.

This is sweet currants! It's like sweet red berries and underneath the sponge of the cake is very vallilary, it's definitely foodie! The throw is rather strong too, so I don't have to slather this one on, but definitely one I'd use as a pick me up if I was feeling a little down or wants something comforting.

Overall I think this is a really lovely scent, not sure if I'd get a full size bottle because there are LE's out there that share the cake-y feel that I may pick up instead, but will be happy with an imp or two!

Oh no.. I'm just not destined to like any of the alice in wonderland scents I'm afraid.

Appearantly I just don't like the smell of tarty sweet pies and fruit (actually it might be the buttery/creamy notes bpal uses in more of these)... Anyone who does might want to give this a try?

Imp: okay. cake. sugary cake
Wet on Me: cake cake cake. Cakeity cakes. I think I amp sugar scents. But we will find out!
Drying Down: less cake. slight vanilla. no currents....yet
Dry: vanilla cake. the currants finally came out of hiding but are only a shadow that adds a slight sharpness under the vanilla cake. I'm really not a foodie scent person. at least a baked goods foodie scent.

In the imp: whoa cake!

Wet: cake-scented candle (you know, that fake cake smell) and a hint of berries and sweetness

Dry: sweet, but not too sweet berry candies are at the forefront but the cake candle is still there

I usually don't like sweet or foody scents and this was a frimp, but I'm quite glad to have gotten it. I also seemed to have lucked out because it smells nothing like butter or popcorn on me. I'm not sure I'd wear it on it's own, but as I noted in another review thread, this smells amazing combined with Greed. I found this out by mistake because the throw from my wrists, one scent on each wrist, was intense enough to combine in the middle. Eat Me's sweetness combines perfectly with Greed's warm, woody smell and they are both going in my next order. :)

Edited by BearyStrange

I wish I got a bit more of the cake that's everyone else is getting because this is straight up black currant candies on me. It's very sweet indeed but I really can not stop huffing my wrist over and over. It's like breathing in a box of Nerds. Remember Nerds? Well yeah, like that but more complex and luscious. Definitely for the black currant lovers. I don't know about wearing it as a perfume for me but I'll try and keep my eye out for it in atmosphere spray or hair gloss versions.

Mmmmm... if I didn't know better I'd bite my wrist right now.

In the imp and wet on skin: CAKE! (and caramel).

As it dries I get buttery cracker crust, white creamy sweetness and a hint of berries.

Dry: just like above but now there's also vanilla :wub3:

I love gourmand scents so I absolutely adore this, I'm definitely getting a bottle in my next order. 5/5 :wub2:

Edited by Dienne

Perfect sweet white cake with tart currants! The tartness keeps it from going too sweet. Definitely will need a bottle of this!

I got this in an imp pack I believe and while it's fine, it really isn't for me. I get cake and maybe sugar cookie? Sweet, vanilla baked goods for sure. I don't get any of the currants. It kind of smells like a sugar cookie candle minus the waxy scent those often carry. This is exactly what the label says it is and it's really not my preference, though to be fair I knew that wasn't my bag to begin with. I don't really want to smell like cake, I like vanilla scents but I prefer them to be less foodie. It might be nice in an air disperser though, so I may hang on to the imp and think about it for a while.

Currant cake, fresh out of the oven and every so slightly burnt on the top. Amazing, I love it. It hit me like a cake pan in the face straight out of the frimp, but wearing it in a scent locket has calmed down over an hour and now I have to hold the locket to my nose to get a whiff.

Ahh, this is right in my gourmand comfort zone. While Alice was too sweet for me, this is more subdued and tempered by fruit. It really does smell like some kind of dense cake with dried fruit baked in, possibly with some booze as well. To me this is what the cake smells like after it's cooled, not as desperately tempting as when it's warm but still delicious. I have several perfumes that are similar in character so I'll have to try it a few more times to see if I want a full bottle, but this is a great blend.

Ahh, a white, fluffy perfume. I most certainly get the vanilla and the white cakes, which form a light and playful sugar confection. I can't say I get the currant at all, but I do get a lot of sugary, cakey goodness. I must say I am a fan!

One of my first BPAL scents chosen for the purpose of determining my feelings on 'foody' scents. (which I unsurprisingly have discovered I love)

In the bottle this has a very buttery baked goods scent. On my skin the butter is touched by a layer of sweetness with an undercurrent of faint tart. Dry down creates an almost toasted buttery cake scent and is very pleasing

This scent has decent throw and longevity. This was my first add to the 5ml list. It has only been growing since.

In the bottle: really foody scents like this always smell like the butter from microwave popcorn to me

On the skin: still some butter but the cakes are coming through

Dry: extremely strong cake with a bit of berry

Not a fan of scents that are this foody, but this could be a foody lovers dream scent

edited because spellcheck changed foody to food

Edited by Spaztic

One of the first BPAL scents I ever tried and still my go to favorite. This one just works with my skin. Lovely sweet and cakiness with just enough currant and spice to keep it grounded. A stranger once hugged me when I was wearing this because I smelled so good. I regularly get compliments on it. It's magical.