Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Three white cakes, vanilla, and red and black currants.

In the imp: Buttery cake and...nailpolish remover? You know those scented ones that are supposed to smell really good, but has this weird sickening sweetness to it instead.

On me: CAKE! And a thick layer of vanilla cream.

Halt an hour later: Vanilla cream, cake and a faint whiff of currant jam.

Somewhere around here my head always explodes into an awful migraine and I have to scrub Eat Me off immediately.

I have no idea what went wrong with Eat Me.. It's sugary and cake-y which I like, I like BPAL's vanilla and currant notes too. But this mixture is just very bad for my head. It's very sad since I thought I would love this one. It really does smell like cake, and it is truly amazing. But sadly, not on me mecry.gif

Edited to add scent description.

Edited by Missy_killer

In the imp:

Cake! Cake-ity cake cake. However, I know the cake is a lie because my skin always destroys cake scents.

Wet:

Something thick, gooey and buttery.

Drydown:

As this begins to dry down, I'm smelling something a little more like cornbread than cake. Hmmmm, or maybe it's waffles.

Dry:

This dries down sweet and foody but not necessarily cakey. I don't smell any of the currant. This might actually work on me. There's a first time for everything.

In the imp: Sweet cakey things!

Wet: A very sweet cakey smell, possibly with icing. Something fruity, which I assume to be the currents.

Dry: Cloyingly sweet cake. Bah, my skin does not love cake (which is okay, the rest of me does). I have a friend who I bet this will be awesome on though :)

On Wet: Smells just like the wet stage of Knave of Hearts with all the tart crust + berry cake smell.

Drydown: vanilla cake and berries. YUM!!

A little while after drydown this takes a turn where it smells a bit like... Mme. Moriarty?! Weird! Has this happened to anyone else??

In the Imp (ITI): Very strong notes of white, fluffy cake infused with vanilla. I don’t smell the currants, yet.

Wet: Hmm, the cake has turned a bit like fruit cake for me, and I think that might be due to the currants. There is a little undertone of toasted coconut for some reason as well. I think I liked it better in the bottle.

Dry: The fruitcake aspect has died down and now I smell vanilla and a hint of white cake. It’s sweet and foody, but not my style.

In the imp: Like having a cupcake mushed into your face at a rowdy birthday party. All cake and sweetness!

Wet: Still cakey, but my skin amps the vanilla and warms it up a little, so now its less sweet and more a "cooling on the counter before frosting" sort of smell.

Dry: I can smell the currants lingering around in there now, keeping everything nice and rounded out. They keep this from being too young, but it's definitely dancing on the edge of one of those smells.

After a while: Warm and slightly sweet, but mellow and sooooo delicious. This blend lasts forever on my skin, no need to reapply. Sometimes my clothes still smell like it until they get washed. It has a good throw too, not overpowering, but definitely noticeable.

To date, this is my go-to blend, and definitely in my top three.

This is so cake-y and delightfully delicious that I wish it really were edible. It makes me think of white cake with rainbow chips, with buttercream icing. The very first day I tried it, it smelled a bit more like the currants, but they seem to have disappeared (must be the time in my cycle or something).

I can't believe I waited so long before ordering this! I should have ordered it on my very first order and I would have been wearing it for months already! The lab included a frimp of this in the order as well, so I've got a bit of time before I have to order a bottle, but I absolutely will be ordering one as soon as I've used up one of the imps. This skyrocketed to the top of my favourites list. Hubby loves it too, and not just because of the name ;)

1 year later, can I re-review?

I really do love this scent, but I seem to have it change on me after about 4-5 hours that it didn't used to. It starts to smell like a clearly fake sweet scent loses the beautiful and delicious-ness that it had. It also seems to have started taking on a slight plastic scent. Very unfortunate for this change in my body chemistry (since that's all I can blame!)

This is delicious. Freshly applied Eat Me does smell like cakes - vanilla/currant cakes. The drydown is the amazing part though: it smells similar/has the same vibe to me to/as Mme. Moriarty and Snake Oil! I noticed another reviewer mentioned Mme. Moriarty too - thank goodness my sniffer isn't broken :lol: . I love it...need a bottle. :)

In the bottle: Oh my! What a sugary, creamy, decadent cake!

Wet: A soft, moist vanilla cake. I still hesitate between comparing it to a white wedding cake or a pound cake; but either way, it smells yummy.

Dry: Now I get a little bit of currant to balance the rich sweetness of the cake. However, it still smells like something I would eat...

Verdict: Ok, I admit it, I have a weakness for foody scents... I might be biased, but I think this perfume is adorable. In fact, it makes me want to bake a batch of cupcakes.

Holy Mother!

*noms arm off*

I have always read the description and thought this would be too sickeningly sweet for me-- I've never been too much of a foodie scent person.

I got an imp of it with my recent order along with like 10 others, thank you Beth-- seriously wow!

Upon opening the vial I was hit with the scent of the perfect tea party, fresh cupcakes, vanilla icing, creamy sugary deliciousness, buttery too.

I just wanted to slather more and more on my skin it was so good. The Fiance who was sitting with me smelling my new goodies loved this one too, who usually hates really sweet perfumes, and outright told me to get a bottle of it.

I'm glad I did that too, because my skin ATE it it was so good D: It has died down to an almost non existent scent when I smell my wrist... just tea and cream, but I smell spun sugar floating in the air around me, so maybe it still exists in throw, just is not a low scent. All in all I will be getting a bottle after a very very long debate :)

CAAAAAAAAAKE. Nommy delicious vanilla cupcakes. I think my imp is aged as I got it as a frimp and the oil seems very saturated to me which may explain why I'm getting the SO comparison so quickly. It hasn't even dried yet and I get that feel. SO + cake = heaven! Need a bottle: STAT :wub2:

Wet: Smells like vanilla cake with rich butter cream.

Dry: It smells like Bubble Yum on me. Thinking it is the currants that makes this scent more fruity like gum on the dry down.

Overall this is a nice, sweet scent. It is delicate and light.

Still getting into pulling out scent points, take my reviews with a grain of salt...

In the imp - warm, sweet, vanilla. I just know I'm going to love this...

On my skin - Mmmmmmm...the cake smell is amped up, the vanilla mingles in a warm embrace with it... After a few minutes a burgundy tartness shimmers into play, like a wash of red frosting spilling over moist, soft cake. The vanilla and red frosting (the currant) mix together, the warm, sugary smell of the vanilla cake contrasted with the tart currant makes me want to...well, Eat Me!

On dry down - sweet, very sweet, but I like that. The cake-i-ness backs off a bit, with vanilla currant taking the stage.

Some people have mentioned smelling chocolate cake notes in this one, but I don't get any of that whatsoever. The sweet/tart/butteriness (of the cake) notes just mingle into a lovely melange of scrumptious for me.

I wish this lasted longer, it probably has a go for about an hour on me. I have a scent locket on the way, I'm excited to try it with this scent. I really love it and wish it had more life and throw...

Buying a bottle of this one!!

I'm honestly not getting a "foodie" smell from this.

It's spicy, but not overwhelmingly so. I think if I had to compare it to a food, the closest would be a spice cake, which makes it nice for this time of year!

Wet: Vanilla and spice.

Dry: Just lovely spice.

I don't think I'll go for a full bottle, but I do think it's a lovely scent. I went for it because it's been reviewed as a nice Vanilla scent, which I got on the wet application, but the vanilla part disappeared very fast on my skin.

Edited by lisalovesbpal

So scrumptious and yummy!

Mr. Inscrutable said "it makes me want to sniff and smell more and more until I breathe you all in"

It's all vanilla cakey goodness, freshly baked, steaming and fragrant, it makes me want to devour my wrist and go for seconds.

Eat me, indeed. ;)

In the bottle: Oh. My. God. CARAMEL MMMMMMMMMMM. It’s just jumping out at my face and making me want to go make dessert. There’s also just a hint of mint with an undertone of that general ‘candy’ smell that candy shops have. Basically: delicious.

On wet: Caramel, Caramel, Caramel. Need I say more? (Ok yes I do, the undertone of mint is still there even if the candy smell has faded, it’s giving the scent a real nice ‘sharpness’ that stops the caramel from veering off into overwhemling)

On dry: The cake-yness of the description is starting to come out along with the mint! The caramel is also fading which is a wee bit disapointing but overall I like it!

Received this as a frimp from the Lab just a few days ago. I am pretty sure I tried it way back but certainly willing to give it another go in my quest to try nearly everything I have as I prepare my swap page (admittedly a few scents I got are just no-gos with deal-breaking notes but only a VERY few).

IN THE IMP: Spicy sweet and foody. A little nutty, like maybe hazelnut or horse chestnut?

Dabbed on wrist and in crook of arm, reasonably lightly.

WET: Definitely getting hazelnut vanilla, like the flavored coffee blend you put in your coffee. High-end blend, though, not the little plastic peel-off-top cups. Then the fruit rises a bit, the currants, but they're not very strong. More in the background.

DRYDOWN: Still ... to me this is hazelnut, caramel, something golden brown burnt sugar. And yet at the same time I'm getting these whiffs of clean laundry. I think that could be the fruit. ETA: Final drydown the next morning is sweet pipe scent.

OVERALL: It's confusing to me. A lot of sort of random scents. None of them are bad scents. They just don't seem cohesive in a way that would make them work for me on a regular basis so, indeed, it's off to the almost-finished swap list.

On a scale of 1-5, a 3.

Edited by JazzieCazzie

This started out smelling like vanilla and butter in the imp, yum!

Wet on skin: Buttery popcorn?

During dry down: The currants come out and make this a little spicy and less foody. I want the cake everyone's talking about!

Dry on skin: Vanilla and currant. I suppose this smells a little like cake, but not sweet cake and buttercream icing like I was hoping for. It eventually smooths out to mostly vanilla, which I like, it's just not what I was wanting from this.

I put this on after my shower at about 6 p.m. and now at 8:30 a.m. I can still smell it and it reminds me of chocolate milk. This one was a little odd on me but that long lasting vanilla scent helps me like it.

Yum, in the imp, it smells just like butter cake! How did the lab do that?

On skin, it pretty much stays butter cake. I'm not getting too much vanilla or any currants.

After a little while,the butter calms down, but I'm still left with butter cake.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a food/fruity scent person all day long, but I was expecting a little little more from this blend. I really wanted to smell the vanilla and currants, but they never materialized with my skin chemistry. Because of that, I'm giving this a 3/5 stars.

Eat Me is pretty much sweeter, vanilla-heavy Snake Oil for me. Three hours into drydown, both smell the same. It's one of those scents I never tire of. One of my favourite. :wub2:

Imp: Sticky sweet white cake, with a weird harsh undertone.

Wet: Cake, cake, and more cake. The weird undertone has gone. Slight sense of vanilla, no berries yet.

Dry: Cake dies down fast. Now it's vanilla cream and berries...more berries than anything else to my nose. The cake smells more like the remains of short bread cookies. Very yummy to my nose, though my brother said it's more like berry buttercream frosting to him. Either way, very foody to start with.

Later: The cake goes first. After a few hours of wearing, the berries leave as well. The vanilla lasts for hours, settling close to the skin. And by lasting for hours...it lasted 8 hours before I went to bed for the night, at which time it was still noticeable, and the slightest scent of vanilla remained on skin this morning.

This is very foody upon first putting it on, but I'm gad the berries and vanilla overwhelm the cake once dried as it makes it more wearable. I'm also loving the staying power of the vanilla, making it easy to apply a little bit and still be able to smell it hours later. Putting Eat Me at the top of my list for full bottles.

Bottle: Sweet currants and dry vanilla cake

Wet: This smells heavenly! I want to bite into my own arm! Just like dense vanilla tea cakes and currant jam!

Dry: Oh, the horrors! Something went wrong, I'm desperate to figure out what. I smell like wet band-aids and ointment! Bad body chemistry, bad!

I am so relieved that I like this scent.

I tried on a little bit of O, and it just did not work on me. Something in it turned medicinal and plastic-y at the same time on me, and I was terrified that it was vanilla, because I'd been looking forward to trying on so many BPAL vanilla scent. But now, I think it's the honey. Because this perfume was perfect on me. It's what started my binge on foody BPAL scents. I still can't believe that someone managed to capture the concept of "Yumminess" in a bottle so accurately. It practically screams "CAKECAKECAKE" on me.

It's quite amusing as I was complaining the other day to my neighbour that I had no clue what to wear for our dinner that night. And he told me to not wear anything, because he hates smelling perfume while he's eating. And I told him that he's never smelled BPAL and intentionally chose the most foody scent I had at the time -- this. And he grudgingly agreed that it was more suitable to dinner than most other perfumes.

Alas, he's still a godless heathen, as he seems to detest all my other perfumes. Even delicious, delicious ones like Roses, Pearls, and Diamonds.

Score: 8/10 (The only reason this isn't a 10/10 is because it is VERY strong on me when first put on. I didn't know, so I applied when I was in the car on the way over, and my cousin had to roll the window down because it was too heady for her. And I felt very bad about that.)