Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Three white cakes, vanilla, and red and black currants.

This isn't quite as epically delicious as Drink Me was, but it's still pretty tasty. It smells like sweet vanilla cakes, but there's a hint of slightly sharp fruit (assuming the currants) in the background which keep it from being overly sweet. The longer I wear it, the more the fruit fades. Eventually I'm left with light vanilla cake. This isn't as thickly sweet and foody as Drink Me was, it's much lighter.. would be nice for those who aren't all that into the more heavy foody scents, but still want something a bit sweet.

As for me, I think I'll stick with Drink Me. ;) Edited by Gardenia

So, I've honestly been curious about this scent and was lucky enough to get frimped it in my latest order. In the imp, it smells rather fluffy and immediately reminds me of cake. On my skin though, it makes me think of raspberries and vanilla swirled together into a cake and daintily dabbed with a tad more vanilla. It's yummy, but it's bringing to mind the color red a bit too much for my personal tastes.

ETA: Ack, ok, I admit it, I like this more than I thought I would. At the moment, it's radiating off of my left arm and wow, it smells like Mme. Moriarty's cake-tastic younger, sweeter sister who steers clear of the smoky, sultry goodness. Yummeh. <3

Edited by DeadlyDelicates

omg! YUMMM>>>>> vanilla and cake. i didn't get much of the currants...all i smell is delicious wonderful cake.

:wub2:

Edited by djsiberia

This scent is pleasant and all. Yummy, fruity cake. But I can't help but be reminded of some of the toy cakes I had when I was little and the food-scented dolls. This scent is very soft and comforting because it brings me back to those days. The trouble is, I don't know if I would wear it regularly, because it reminds me of tea parties as a little girl. It's nice, but I'm going to have to think about whether or not to keep it.

Eat Me is by far, out of the GC that I wear the most! I think I'm on my third bottle. I even bought a 10 ml before they disappeared. I wish I had bought more than one bottle.

Pure yummy cake on me. Love love love it!!! I carry a bottle on me wherever I go. I can't get enough of it. I must say, it's a tad embarrassing when someone asks me what I'm wearing. :blush: I always have to add,"From Alice in Wonderland."

More please!!! :D

Eat Me is VERY foody. But I adore 'foody' so it's all good for me. My husband is usually brutally honest too, and he likes this one a lot. It is as described, thick vanilla cake and tart red currents. For me this started off very fruity and then mellowed into a yummy rich vanilla.

Eat Me turns rather plastic-y on me, and I suspect that my skin chemistry isn't reacting well to the vanilla. It's a shame; I'm a foody person, so this scent would've been otherwise perfect for me.

Edit: For whatever reason, my skin chemistry seems to have changed since my original review. I tried another imp of Eat Me, hoping it would work this time. Sure enough, the plastic is completely gone! Just tart currants and light, sweet vanilla cake. Yum.

Edited by coraline

There is definitely cake-y/foodie/vanilla element happening, but I don't get any fruits at all. Instead I get a patchouli/earthy note that is similar to Snake Oil. It's delicious, but I am quite pleased as I usually can't wear foodie scents and this somehow transcends the border between sexy earthy and foodie.

My very first review!

First tried on: 6/13/2009

In the imp: Like a bakery. Yummy

At Application: Strongly vanilla, slight fruity undertone.

Later (at least one hour, sometimes more): As it dries, it morphs to vanilla frosting on a very fruity cake.

Others Comments: My husband thought he smelled cinnamon.

Rating: 4 (Get a bottle) and look for similar scents

I wish this were more red currant on my skin. I get mostly the "white cake," which is too simple and light a smell to do much for me.

All kinds of delicious! On me, the currants are the strongest note, but they're very sweet, and the cake, which isn't deathly sweet, gives the fruit some balance--I smell like the best dessert ever. At the rate I'm using up the imp, may need a bottle.

I just got a bottle aged about a year so maybe that has a lot to do with it. When I first put it on I get a really strong stale sugar cookie scent. There's a huge wallop of vanilla that smells artificial for the first three to five minutes then it mellows into a tasty cake-y buttercream-y vanilla that sticks with me for hours. I never pick up any currants but maybe that's because of the aging.

In the Imp: Whoa, this really is yummy. Sort of like a buttery, crumbly cake, smeared with vanilla and a side of berries.

Wet: Red currant is coming out of hiding much more and it’s delicious. This could be considered caramel-y but it has a zest that keeps it fresh rather than sickening. It almost reminds me a bit of cinnamon but more… juicy? Definitely smells like dessert!

Dry: Pretty much the same, which I’m happy about. Perhaps a bit more of the vanilla peeking through, though it’s actually quite spicy. Sort of like an October cake, not a pumpkin scent but it manages to be stimulating while maintaining a homey vibe.

Verdict: Considering I reviewed Dana O’Shee earlier in the day and was nearly sent running for the hills, it’s nice to find a truly tasty smell that I can appreciate. I think the currant makes this, not overbearing but not so light that someone wouldn’t notice. I still have to admit I’m not a huge fan of sweet or food scents, but if I were going to wear one, it’d be this. I keep thinking I won’t need a bottle, but whenever I catch a whiff, I start doubting again!

Rating: 3/5

Edited by Balame

Yep, it's exactly what the description says. Cake and currants with a smidgen of vanilla. Very, very tasty. :yum:

I am not sure of what currants are supposed to smell like, so I am not sure if I smell those at all, but the fragrance seems to smell the same on my skin as it did in the bottle. It is a very sweet buttery smell on me, either cake batter or a sugar cookie dough. I did not like it much at first but it has grown on me quite a bit.

this is my first review, so don't mind me if i don't make too much sense at any point. :blush:

in the imp:

mmm... this is delish. mind you, the scent is pretty strong. i took a larger sniff than i ought to and got overwhelmed by the sticky sweetness that whooshed out of the bottle. sniffing more delicately though, i'm picking up a mix of drippy caramel [it's not listed in the notes, but i'm definitely getting it! strange nose :lol:] soaking itself into a soft, lush, buttery cake mix. there's something slightly fruity here, which i'm taking to be the currant. i'm not exactly a fan of the fruitiness, but the rich buttery caramel, i definitely like.

on me wet:

at the first moment of it touching my skin, the oil actually left a light trace, like a residue of decadent, liquid caramel that i had a sudden silly urge to lick. unfortunately though, as i eased the oil into my skin, the butterscotch-like goodness disappeared with it. :(

on me dry:

i don't fully understand my body chemistry, because this is starting to smell a lot like how angel by thierry mugler smelled on me, and i don't mean that in a good way. there is this single irritating note that is dominant and snuffling up everything else. comparing the fragrance notes, the one similarity that they have is vanilla, which i'm finding a bit strange. i've always loved vanilla, but in actual fact, while i've smelt it on candles and body fragrances and all, i've never exactly tried it on my skin.. so maybe that's it? i'm going to have to try my other vanilla oils to try and deduce this mystery.

ETA: so i ran a search through this thread and found that others have picked up whiffs of patchouli and i think that's it. or at least, something highly along the lines of patchouli, it was present in angel as well. it's strange how my skin manages to amp patchouli to the extent where it rules the scent in an overpowering way.

either way, i'm pretty sad because i think my skin chemistry just doesn't work with "eat me" and i was so looking forward to this scent. my fiance didn't like it either, so that pretty much sets up its funeral for me. i'm going to run it by my friend to see if she gets anything better out of it, otherwise it'll be going into the swap pile. :(

Edited by Xylis

First Impressions: omgwtfbbq SWEET. Mostly smelling the cake but there is a sharpness to it which I'm assuming is the currents. Once I put it on the cake and the currants balanced out. I like the fact that I can actually smell the currents rather than it being OMGCAKE. The currents smell lends a refreshment to the scent and is not fake smelling.

Overall: This is definitely not a complex scent but it is nice. I like that the black currents are balanced with the cake. I'm not a foody person so I don't see myself buying a bottle. However if you love cake or sweet scents this is definitely for you.

In imp: Currants. Currants and cake. A few berries perhaps? But currants and sponge cake.

Wet: Currants! And cake! But the cake is more mellow somehow.

Dry: Vanilla and cream and currants. All swirled together. Drool-worthy.

HOURS later: This one really lasts! Vanilla cake with cream instead of frosting. Possibly a berry or two is sitting on top, but that does not drift as much as the rich, creamy, vanilla cake. Yum... :)

mmm mmm! This smells SO GOOD. At first all I get is an impressive almost boozey vanilla. Then a little bit of butter... but not as much as Sugar Cookie. Now I smell the crust of the cake. When it calms down it smells like a very rich vanilla cake or scone with some mild spices, topped with frosting and berries. The currants take backseat to the vanilla on me. I do want to eat myself. I really do...

I can't believe I never reviewed this one! This was one of my first BPAL loves. A scent I ignored for a while and when I eventually did put it on my skin, I just couldn't get enough. Its definitely a vanilla cake scent that gets better and better with age. Not heavily frosted cake ala Beaver Moon, but warm, vanilla coffee/bunt cake with a hint of currants in the wet phase. My skin chemistry tends to dry it down to a vanilla cake and incense blend that is just amazingly comforting in cold weather. I have a nice 5ml aging for the upcoming winter.

I managed to snag an imp of this via a swap. (Thanks stellans!) It looks as though it is aged, but I'm not sure if the oil is dark and stains the imp like that naturally fresh or not.

In the imp is buttered currants with just the barest hint of vanilla. Not a bad smell, but makes me just a bit leery.

Wet on my skin is all sweet and tart currants. The vanilla sometimes makes its way to the surface, but rarely. I was really hoping for more of a vanilla out of this, but I'm actually liking the tart currants a lot. I'm not really getting a "cake" scent out of this - nor any butter for that matter.

As it's drying down, the tartness of the currants backs off a bit and they start to sweeten even more. Hmm, I got a whiff of a sweet musk-like smell for just a moment, but its gone now.

Dry this still is not a very "cake" smell, but the sweet yet tart currants are still swirling around and making me smile. This is good because it's not an overly "foody" scent, and I'd rather not walk around smelling like cake. Overall, I really want to get a bottle of this.

Way into the dry down (2 hours later) I start getting a cake smell out of it, but it's still a tart and sweet cake. Very lovely. I really like it a lot!

I'm also noticing that a little goes a long way, which is wonderful! Usually I soak up scents like crazy and they tend not to last very long on me, but this is staying around for a while.

Edited by claudia6913

This smelled so yummy on arm when I first applied it! Rich currant cake straight out of the oven! Unfortunately, the more it settled the less distinct the scent became :( Faded away pretty soon after that. I may have to try this in a scent locket it was so nice while wet.

This is what I was hoping Cake Smash would be. I have an imp from a couple years ago, when it first came out and I remember falling in love with the smell. It boggles me why I never bought a bottle of this!

It's cake with red fruit, but the cake tempers the fruit so it's not "fruity". I know, weird to describe fruit without being fruity but I always associate fruits with that cloying tropical scent that it's popular in commercial perfumes sold to young women my age. The fruit doesn't sparkle, doesn't smell like a fruity alcoholic drink. The berries are sweet without being too sweet or syrupy, and the cake just shines for me.

It's warm and delicious and I'll be purchasing a bottle of this as soon as my bank account gives me the okay. Mmm.

In the frimp, I'm getting spicy vanilla cake; similar to Cake Smash, as someone above me pointed out. And it's the same on my skin; I don't know if it's the currant giving it the spice, or if it's just not showing up on me. Either way, is quite a nommy scent. I already have a bottle of Cake Smash as it is, and between this and Gluttony (which are similar), I like Gluttony better, so this'll stay as an imp.

Edited by Venneh

This smelled like strong vanilla extract and oddly enough I also picked up the patchouli others had metioned. I didn't get any notes of currants or cake. Not at all what I expected. I love foody scents, but this one wasn't for me. The throw is very strong and lasting power is amazing, lasting pretty much all day. The dry down was a bit powdery.