Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Three white cakes, vanilla, and red and black currants.

Eat Me doesn't change very much on me, it stays pretty true to how it smells in it's initial application. It's soft and sweet and yummy. This is a light fluffy spongy cake, with hints of gooey sweetness. It reminds me of those scratch-and-sniff stickers i used to collect when i was a kid. Funny how a scent can trigger an old memory like that. I really enjoy this one for it's nostalgia value.

4/5 Edited by Shollin
fixed BPAL tags --Shollin

For some reason I've been catching whiffs of Eat Me around my computer area for like a week. It makes me hungry.

Anyways, moving on, Eat Me is a warm white cake with currants and vanilla that dries down to sweet currants, a lot like my You Snap The Whip body butter from Lush. I like all stages of this a lot. It makes me feel warm and cozy, even when I'm not.

My first review, squeeee!

In bottle: I smell strong baking, butter, and a whiff of vanilla

Wet on skin: Same as in bottle, but the vanilla is stronger

Drying on skin: No significant change but the "baking" scent has faded and I think it's the blackcurrants trying to escape! I don't know what blackcurrants smell like, but something new is definitely coming through.

Dry: I wish there was a bit more blackcurrant to this, but I absolutely LOVE the vanilla in it! Yum yum!

Add me to the list of people who wouldn't know a current if it bit them, but I love Eat Me.

It is cake. And vanilla. And Cake. And yummy. And cake. Why have I not ordered this before now? And did I mention that my arm smells like cake?

Or that I really like cake? :P

In the imp: Vanilla cake with some delicious frosting.

Wet: Vanilla cake with a side of berry goodness.

Dry: More berry goodness and the warm scent of vanilla cake.

Overall: Mmm! It's a fun, playful scent that lets me indulge without eating. =)

In the imp: A sweet cake baking in an oven! It promises to satisfy my sweet tooth!

Wet: The same impression as in an imp, yet not as strong.

Dry: They foody, cakey impression is subdued, and now vanilla mixed with sweet, subtle berries comes into the foreground.

This is another BPAL scent that I enjoy both in and out of the bottle. It's alluring while still within its containment, but it's absolutely delicious once applied to my skin! Yet another scent to be added to my "buy a big bottle!" list! :P

In the Bottle: Cake. Oh wonderful delicious amazing cake. There is something faint underneath that is almost a currant, a small tickling of berry, but mostly it just screams VANILLA CAKE. Which is a wonderful thing.

Wet on Wrists: More cake. Mmmmmm cake.

Dry: I'm not sure I can properly explain it, but it seems to go from finished proper and obviously baked cake to gooey yummy cake batter. The currant notes are ever so much more noticeable.

Eat Me has changed a lot since I first tried it, and obtained the bottle I have, which would have been over a year ago. It is now thicker, and a good deal more 'buttery' and the fruit is very musky. It is basically knock-me-down strong, too. No longer a fan..

Initially this is delicious vanilla and sweet cake. The currant slowly emerges until at day’s end there is a decided spiciness that is reminiscent of patchouli, woods and resins. Just glorious.

For 2 years I had avoided BPAL like the plague because I knew what kind of trouble I'd be getting myself into (thankfully, I've managed to keep myself away from dollfies.) Then, as we were attending our friend's moving to Israel farewell celebration, one of my oldest and dearest friends passed over a little baggie to me in the car. "Want to try some BPAL?"

And Eat Me was the first one I tried.

And so it began. I agree with the first poster, I love Gluttony, but this is a much lighter, sweet (good sweet, not cloying wrinkle your nose sweet) foodie scent. I'm hoarding it and I've already gotten a bottle. It makes me smell like a delicious cake, and that is, in my mind, a good thing.

hmm....toasty and not too sweet, definitely not heavy, just foody and yummy and....toasty. this smells warm! the vanilla doesnt take over and make the whole thing a sugary mess the way it usually does in other scents! a soft and pleasant scent.

This is by far one of my most favorites!

First Sniff: yummmy cake and butter... a lot like when you just get everything mixed together in a cake batter and just have to taste it

First try on skin: it was odd the very first time I wore it and I thought I was going to hate it, since it smelled a lot like my great grandmother with an odd smokey berry type smell once it dried

After 2 weeks: I thought I wouldn't give up on it just yet so I wore it again and it was pure heaven!

After it was all dry and everything it smelled like fresh baked angel food cake yum!

So on a scale of 1-10 I def give Eat Me a 25

A foodie blend that lasts on my skin and has a bit of dimension.

It is cakey, almondy and fruity all at the same time. Surprisingly the vanilla behaves as well. 50% of the time vanilla can go weird, and I fell it's the red and black currants that help the vanilla.

As much as I love this one though, I have to limit wearing it, as I find sometimes it can be too much. I guess I am not used to a foodie blend that lasts!

I have re-ordered this twice now, I like it that much. Buttery, warming and enveloping. I have a problem holding onto a lot of the BPAL oils, but this one lasts well on me. It's just a cheering, comforting scent that transports me. :P

Just tried this for the first time today.

In the imp: Very rich foody/desert scent

Wet on the skin: same as in the imp

After it has dried down: Really great vanilla scent.

All in all, I love this scent.

In the imp: Plastic sugar

Wet on skin: At first, it's plastic cake batter. Fortunately, the plastic note burns off in the first 10-15 minutes and the cake batter morphs to a delicate vanilla cake.

Dry on skin: This is drying down nicely. The currant note finally appears but is secondary to the cake. This is a drier, more delicate scent than I thought it would be, but it's lovely on the drydown.

Eat Me lasts 3-4 hours on me, becoming stronger in the first hour before beginning to wane. It never becomes a rich, heavy scent, but stays light and almost crisp.

Very different than Drink Me!! Although both are very gourmand and bakery scents...

In the imp: cake batter and buttercream icing

Wet on the skin: vanilla and berries

Drydown: pound cake with a backdrop of vanilla. Somewhere in there, I get some sandalwood. Sweet and delicous!

Apology in advance for a first review on my first oil.

In the imp it is fruity with vanilla and sugar, but my newbie nose don’t really get cake from it. Then wet I get berries and floraly sweetness like a lollipop. Then dry I am getting sweet fruity with the vanilla coming from behind. I am not sure how much I like it yet, I was hoping for more vanilla and cake but it is pretty. I'll have to try it again when my nose is developed a bit.

ooo this is really nice. light cake and vanilla, smelling a little bit of the currants. this is ten times better than drink me, though they really can't be compared too much. totally want a bottle!

One of the first imps I ever bought was Eat Me. I never could decide if I liked it enough to keep it and ended up frimping it to someone for enabling purposes. I got a lab frimp and decided to give it another go!

I know this is supposed to be currant and cake, but on my skin this is reminiscent of fresh baked blueberry muffins from one of those powder mixes. I love the way those smell, so I can't really complain.

When it's wet and in the early drying stages it's almost too sweet for me, but luckily it isn't as crazy buttery and sweet as say Cockaigne or Knave of Hearts, which I just could not handle. I swear I get a little bit of Red Musk at the beginning, but then again that usually amps like crazy on me and in this it doesn't.

Much like the first time I tried this, I still can't decide if I love this or not.

This stays very true to its description and I don't think it morphs much on me. I'm not sure how Beth manages to make a perfume that smells warm and fluffy, but that's what Eat Me smells like. It's not overly foody though, in the sense that someone would say 'what's baking?' if you wore it. It's one of my favourites, very reliable for when I don't know what else to wear.

I have a cold right now, so I'll have to update this when my nose is working a bit better, but basically --

Eat Me smells like Angel Food Cake with lots and lots of tart currants. The lab's red currant note usually goes a bit plasticky on me, and the black currant note is very jammy. I do get some jam-yness from the currants here, but fortunately, the red ones avoid going plastic. It's red and fruity like it should be.

This is actually not as thick and foody as I thought it would be. The cake note is light on my skin, just a sweet vanilla with a hint of a baked/batter quality, and the tartness of the currants balances that well. Fabulous!

At first, I got more of a crumbly spiced coffee cake vibe from this, with maybe a drizzle of blackberry syrup. The cake notes die down quite a bit, though, and the fruit comes tumbling out. So now it's more like a cobbler with a crumb topping. Then, unfortunately, the cakeness disappeared completely and became more 'perfumy' rather than foody. I wish I had gotten the butter that others mention, but I didn't. It just became totally spices, berries, and heady flowers on me.

It's a lovely scent, but not something I can wear. Definitely an oil diffuser thing, for me.

EDIT: It's now changed again, adding a powdery finish to the whole thing, which kinda makes me wanna wash it off. :/

Edited by beturtlement

Well I do hve to say that i am irrevocably in LOVE

Eat Me....is everything that MB" Closet was in the beginning, before it turned to mold..YES MOLD...on my skin. Its everything I love about MB: Bloody Mary, with out the headache inducing cherry scent it can sometimes give off.

So, take the best of my 2 favorite Monsterbaits and blend them together...and you have Eat Me.

Perfect.

Like the previous reviewer, I couldn't stand MB Bloody Mary, and just resigned to myself that I guess I wasn't a foody person, as most of the "food" scents are just too sweet for me. Eat Me certainly changed that, my but this is GOOD. I guess the sourness of the currants round off the cake scent nicely, and it doesn't really seem like a true foody blend to me. Perfect for a non-foody like me.