Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Ridiculous! Kumquat, white pepper, white tea and orange blossom.

Delicous smelling! It reminds me of orange lifesavers, it makes my mouth water. I think I'm in love. Now I have to try Tweedledum!

Oof! This smells overpoweringly of orange and spicy pepper on me; it almost makes my eyes water!

When the kumquat emerges this tips over the edge into 'way too strong' territory, particularly when it gets an astringent note on the drydown.

I'll stick with Tweedle Dum, me thinks.

This was the hit of my dragon moon order.

I love how bright and fruity it is at first. As everyone else has noted, its in-your-face kumquat (hmm..that sounds a bit obscene!) :P I really like that stage. To me the kumquat is slightly like yuzu--that very sparkling tangy sweet scent. I love that, and I love the tea, and even the slight peppery edge.

I really thought I'd get a bottle of this, and while I still might, I became less convinced after the citrus note faded (a bit less than an hour on me). What was left then was sweet tea, but I didn't find that remarkable.

so I'll have to try it again and see, but the topnotes are so lovely....it would be great in a showergel to perk you right up.

This doesn't last very long on me, but while it does it's boisterous, joyous and effervescent. It smells like a lemon-lime soda of some sort. Sprite or something. Synaesthetically, for me it's yellow (lemon yellow) and blue (a bright, electric blue). Complements Tweedledum very nicely and I think as long as I have one, I will want to have the other!

I don't wear things that are this citrusy very much because they don't last on me, but it might work in a locket or as a quick cool-down splash in hot weather.

Kumquat says HELLO!

The living definition of fruity bitterness. Reminds me of Pink Grapefruit's bright and refreshing personality with a dash of orange pithy bitterness.

Absolutely perfect for summer.

This would work wonders for a hangover. One might consider layering this with something "creamy".

The orange blossom seems to peek out later and it's unusual for me to find it being less of a top note.

Edited by Heavenlyrabbit

straight sniff from bottle is a beautiful fresh orange blossom with delicate droplets of rain making this very aquatic-like :D ... also a hint of freshly ground white pepper :P

applied this blend really amps up with my chemistry...perhaps the kumquat....lovely and long lasting...after 30 minutes i get a hint of something almost spicy... i guess the pepper on my skin turns it a bit spicy and sharp....

love this for a summer scent most definitely .... gorgeous!!!

From the description, Tweedledee reminded me a little of Kunstkammer, but I like Tweedle a lot better. The tea keeps the fruitiness from becoming cloying or syrupy. This is a fun weekend scent.

this was very, very fruity on me. sweet fruity- i didn't get any of the sharpness others have mentioned, even tho orange blossom has a tendency to go sharp on me.

in fact, this was fairly similar to jailbait on me. jailbait with less bubblegum. weird.

from wet on my skin to completely dried down - this doesn't morph one bit. It is a very light, sweet orange (not a sour citrus at all!) white tea with just a hint of Kumquat. No black pepper. Just a perfect balance - like a see saw! Kumquat on one side, sweet orange blossom on the other and the white tea in the middle. total perfect balance

Very long last! Great throw! This is perfect in all ways -Definitely a 5ml!

When I tried this before it reminded me of Tarot: The Star because I thought it just went straight to lemon and that was it but upon the 2nd time I realize now it's definitely not lemon.

In the imp: Holy citrus!

On me: I smell like I spilled orange juice on myself. I love fruity scents, but I dunno about this. I'm not smelling the lovely white tea that I hoped for and hell I'm not even smelling pepper or orange blossom. I think Kumquat has taken a bit of fondness for me and I'm not sure it's returned. It's reminding me a bit of Swank actually with the orange candy smell, but this is more juicy than candy.

Verdict: I have no idea.

On the skin, this smells just like Fruit Loops. There’s the hint of fruit with the underpinning of the crunch of the cereal.

After it's been on a while, the Froot Loops smell goes away and it smells more like candied orangish fruit (not an orange, not a mandarin but related, tart and juicy). There's other elements there too but I can't identify them, it's a well blended oil. It's reminiscent of Moxie and Kunkstakammer, so maybe blood orange is an element here. It's a refreshing scent, it would be great in a scrub or a tart. Not so sure about as a straight perfume but it's a cheery, happy scent that makes me go zing!

(Looking at the notes, I would have never guessed any of these!)

edited because I can't spell for the life of me!

Edited by cranberry

in the bottle it's very juicy and sweet - like an orange grove. On it goes a bit soapy, and stays very faint. It doesn't have the same bite the other scents with pepper i've tried do. The citrus must counteract that somehow. I like it, but not sure how much i'll use it. I'll probably just hang on to my imp.

Tweedledee - I smelled this in the bottle at Convergence and knew I was going to like it, but I had no idea how much I was going to love it until I actually tried it on my skin. In the vial, it smells like bright, crisp, sweet, orange. Once it’s on my skin, the orange blends with the other notes to become almost creamy. In fact, when I first applied it, I had dabbed about six different blends on my skin (since I got a package from the Lab today) and they all smelled wonderful, but the Tweedledee is the one I kept going back to: “Which one did I put right there? I have to figure it out. It’s gorgeous!” Once I figured out which oil I had dabbed on that spot, I grabbed the imp and put the oil in several other places on my body. It’s gorgeous! As the oil dries down on my skin, the pepper note stands out a little stronger, giving the kumquat a bit of a kick. The white tea is also nice and makes for a really subtle background for the other notes. It’s a touch powdery, but that’s what orange blossom always does on me. I just can’t get over the kumquat note. I love it and I wish Beth would make more blends using this note. When I lived in San Diego, the neighbors across the street from me had a kumquat tree, and there was a flock of about 20 or 30 wild green parrots that would occasionally land on that tree and eat the kumquats right off it, dropping the bright orange peels on the grass below. They wouldn’t fly away until every single kumquat on that tree had been eaten. Whenever they were going crazy with the kumquats, the scent of sparkly citrus wafted through the air. Tweedledee reminds me of watching (and smelling!) those crazy parrots eating the kumquats on my neighbor’s tree. The throw and the staying power aren’t what I would hope for, but who cares? It’s lovely enough that I won’t mind slathering and reapplying! I am very tempted to order a bottle of this!

Eek! This starts out as a sharp, biting citrus times twenty! That kumquat is straight off the tree behind my bathroom window and might even be a shade shy of fully ripened. I am not a pepper fan, but the white pepper seems to support the kumquat bite instead of blaring on its own. The white tea is very soft, supporting the crispness of the citrus. The orange blossom kicks up once it has dried, making the kumquat not quite as cheeky. It's like Tweedle was pissed, and is pouting at the end after a good shriek.

I like my imp of this, but no bottle necessary. It's just not the kind of scent that I'd wear a lot. 7/10.

Whoa!! A little heavy on the white pepper there! Wow, does my skin ever amp THAT one up!! This one seems very masculine to me… perhaps I’ll have DH try this one out as it might work better on him then me.

This is going to sound completely crazy, based on the reviews i've read so far, but Tweedledee smells nearly identical to Lush's Blackberry Bomb scent on me! :D I love it, love it, love it! :P Granted it doesn't start out that way (more like a sweeter grapefruity Danube) but it doesn't take long to make the transition from a bright sunny citrus scent to a tartsweet deep purple scent. I'll have to use up this imp and make sure I'm not smellucinating. :D

Mmmm. Fresh, fruity spicy citrus. Just delightful Should have sprung for the bottle on this baby, 'cause it's a beauty.

at first: bright and sweet, with a bite of pepper.

on: very warm from the pepper, but still bright. this is sweet and floral, too. an interesting combination.

1.5 hours later: lovely. this is hard to describe. the freshness of the tea is definitely there and the orange blossom is nice and powdery. lovely.

4.5 hours later: soft, sweet fruit.

7 hours later: gone.

overall: this was really nice, and i'm glad the orange blossom didn't turn on me, but it isn't a keeper.

If I'd gotten this in the winter, I might not have liked it as much - but for hot summer, it's just perfect! The sharp citrusy bite of the kumquat plus the pepper equals a fresh sour-candy sort of scent, with the tea smoothing it out a little in the background.

It's sort of like 13 and Kunstkammer got together and had a lovechild. :P

this is such a cute blend!! I dabbed a wee bit onto the back of my left hand earlier in the evening, before dinner I think, and was instantly hungry for kiddie cereal!!

In the bottle, it's sweet, charming and fruity, but in no way overpowering. Dried down it's still faintly echoing of... fruit loops?

I think this would be something I'd wear when out at the mall with my neice and nephew or just when I wanna feel good about something.

In the vial: sweet and citrus-y.

Wet: sweet orange that. Yes, it is the Froot Loop smell. Then, uh,oh. Something went awry. This is not pleasant.

Dry: Gah! Sharp and sour. This confirms that pepper is one of my mortal enemies.

Innnteresting. Tweedledee is definitely reminiscent of Froot Loops in the imp, with a glass of orange juice sitting right next to the bowl.

On me, it smells like a tropical fruit, which is okay, but the pepper makes me sneeze. It was an interesting scent experience, at least.

Hmm, curiouser and curiouser. The kumquat makes this smell juicy fruity which is odd considering how unjuicy kumquats are. But on with the review. The orange blossom is lovely and combines well with the tea and pepper. This lasted much longer than I expected it to as most of the notes are light and that usually means they're very fugitive on me but, 4 hours later I can still smell it from 2 inches away. A lovely summer scent but I don't think I want more than an imp.

Hm. On first application, I get a bright and sweet orange, but that's quickly overtaken by sharp bites of pepper. It's interesting, because every time my nose settles on the kumquat and orange notes, the pepper intrudes and tumbles everything about again. It's a neat scent, but uncomfortable for me. And I'll second the review comparing this to Fruity Pebbles, as well--the sweetness of the blend ends up becoming very sugary.