Tweedledum and Tweedledee
Agreed to have a battle!
For Tweedledum said Tweedledee
Had spoiled his nice new rattle.
Just then flew down a monstrous crow,
As black as a tar-barrel!
Which frightened both the heroes so,
They quite forgot their quarrel.

TWEEDLEDEE: Ridiculous! Kumquat, white pepper, white tea and orange blossom.

I tried this one at the willcall and it is so not like I had expected. It starts at a strange green jumble of scents. It is sweet and edible but not quite distiguishable at first. Then as the time goes by it developes fruitier notes. Then on me a sweet lime fragrance came up. It reminds me in some ways of Detox but at the same time is totally different in the back notes. It would make a great refreshing summer scent.

In Bottle: Fruity Pebbles cereal

On Skin: This completely smells like Fruity Pebbles or Trix cereal. It has an artificial sweet fruity note that screams those cereals at me. The orange blossom is strongest folowed by the white tea which gives a tart zing to the scent. The pepper is there for sure, it made me wrinkle my nose like it always does, how funny. The kumquat… well… um… ok, I’ve never smelled a kumquat so I have no idea if I smell it or not in this scent. Overall, this scent is perfect as Tweedledee, it’s so frisky and cute. It’s a very different blend for Beth and it’s fun to see her traveling down new roads. I would wear this at a party or somewhere fun since I know it would spark conversation. Average throw and wear length.

Sniffing this in the imp, I literally said, "Whoa!" I can truly say I've never smelled anything like Tweedledee before. It's such an unusual combination of notes. The orange blossom and white tea are really lovely together, very complementary. The pepper tickles my nose a little bit. The kumquat is bold and orangey.

Tweedledee is a whimsical citrus blend on me---bright and uplifting and energizing. It has an effusive personality. I think this would make a great mood-lifter. I might have to buy a bottle just for that purpose!

This one smells a lot like a mango to me, which is funny, since Tweedledum is the one with mango in it. But that's what it smells like to me, on my skin - a nice, bright, fresh mango. It has good staying power in my hair, but fades quickly on my skin. I really like this one and have used it twice already. :P

in the bottle: sweetness, and a similar green note to eden it reminds me quite a bit of eden in it's opening stages.

wet: sweet and slightly citrus, it is definitely orange blossom. and that same green note. and a hint of something that tickles my nose a bit (maybe the pepper?) also quite a strong dose of tea.

as it dries it sweetens quite a bit and the green note settles a bit, there is a fruity note i am not familiar with and i can just say "fruit" this must be kumquat. but the front note is orange blossom, and tea.

Hello, yellow Thai curry. There's the lemongrass, there's the curry powder.... yep! I'd rather eat this with some Jasmine rice than wear it as a scent. Dunno what is causing that dead-on Thai curry aroma, but there it is. Not liking this as a perfume one wee bit, unfortunately.

Rating (on skin): 0/5

Summarised in a word or two: Bitter kumquat.

In the imp: Oh, this is... weird. Bitter kumquart and strong pepper. And... lemon?

On skin, wet: Okay, this is just... well, it's weird. The kumquart is exceptionally bitter, and there's something very lemony about this, but not straight lemon — more like lemongrass.

On skin, dry: The first second of a deep sniff is very lemony and bitter. However, it gets sweeter and warmer a few seconds in. Unfortunately, I'm not prone to six-second-long sniffs, so I keep getting whafts of bitter fruit and pepper.

Conclusion/Notes: Oh, no. Maybe I'm not cut out to wear kumquat or white pepper.

Oh boy, is this sharply citrus. In the bottle it's a very faint orangey oil in aroma, and it definitely does not seem to be as potent as a later skin test will reveal! On my skin, this really amps up to a bitingly ferocious citrus. Tweedledee has rabies! I can smell a very, very distinct, rind-y citrus oil note (kumquat?) blended with a quite audacious orange blossom, spiked with a dry, peppery base. This reminds me a lot of Kunstkammer, which went all candy-sweet on me.

Oh! This reminds me of fruit-flavored cereals in general - a blaze of fruity aroma and taste so potent that it seems composed of fruits that don't exist. GeneriFruit. GeneriFruit + a nice undercurrent of pepper, but still, quite strong.

It's all right, but I can't see myself wearing it too much. Looks like I'll test it in my burner next.

At first, pepper. But that was for about three seconds. Then a very bright and juicy fruit scent came up quick and shared the spotlight with pepper and tea. I thought it was an odd scent, and a little jarring. I sniffed it again 15 minutes later and that weird discordant pepper note was gone -- it's mostly just bright fruit. This is an interesting scent, but I don't imagine I'd ever reach for this imp instead of other ones that I truly love.

Wet: Very wet, juicy fruit. Kumquat, which smells something like the bastard child of a mango and an orange. There's a hint of tang to it, like it's not the sweetest fruit, but you'd still want to eat it.

Dry: Just a hint of the wet fruit note, it is softer and less juicy smelling now, however, it's sweeter. There's a little bit of the other notes peeking through, but not too much, since i would not be able to pick any of them out if I didn't look at a list. It's like a softer smelling version of the wet stage. It reminds me a bit of Lolita or Kuang Shi, or one of those orange creamsicle type scents. slave1's fruity pebbles comment isn't too far off. :P

I like it, but I don't know if it's something I'd wear all that often. It's great if you like juicy fruit scents.

When I first tried Tweedledee, I kept smelling something familiar, but couldn't put my finger on it. Then it hit me: Chaste Moon.

So yesterday, I put some Chaste Moon on my left wrist and Tweedledee on my right. They are nearly identical--at least to me. I love Chaste Moon dearly, and I'm extremely happy to have a catalog scent to run to when my bottle is gone!

tweedledee.jpg

God, this one was funny. I put it on and it was FOUL. Blech, just like those car air fresheners in a can that you put under your seat. Orange plastic. I was seriously thinking of washing it off but got distracted. About 3 minutes later it was gorgeous. It had blended with my skin and become something truly beautiful. I am not the world's greatest orange fan but that is the prettiest light side of orange. Orange and skin. Wow, this one is a winner.

ETA: This is one of the Most BPAL-esque blends out there. I don't know why I am saying it, Beth is not world famous for her kumquat but for the life of me, if someone said,"Is there a typical BPAL scent?" I would say,"Tweedledee". Yep, I would say that.

Edited by olympia301

In the imp: Sour, bitter fruit.

Wet: A bit sweeter, but still sour and bitter.

Dry: It smells like oranges with something strange and bitter underneath.

peppery citrus... but sweet at first! I smell the tea (i LOVE tea scents!). I do really like this one, but it isn't something I would buy a full bottle of... it is very light once dried.

still, it is yummy!

i got this one in my hopes of the orange blossom smelling good on me, but alas it's just ok. i can smell a candy-orange scent, the tea and a weirdness to it which i assume is the pepper? it also has a bubblyness to it, for lack of a better word.

i don't smell a typical orange blossom fron this at all, which is unfortunate for me because i like the typical tart orange blossom floral-scent. this is more sweet orange candy on me. it reminds me of a scented doll.

Edited by theseagrows

oh yeah! fresh juicy orange/kumquat...very sparkling, tart and juicy. almost moxie-ish - with something a little sugary, and the lovely white pepper peeking out. a lively - wake -up! - scent. i like it a lot. mad tea party is becoming my favorite category.

I thought that I would like Tweedledum more than Tweedledee, but I think that Tweedledee is actually the winner on my skin.

Orange blossom sometimes smells strangely burnt and foul on my skin, but it is just lovely in this blend. I get mostly orange blossom, and it's sweet and beautiful, as it should be. At first there is a bite of pepper in the background, but it fades away after a few minutes and leaves me behind nothing but orange blossom and a hint of white tea. It's a very simple/refreshing scent on me, and one that would be great for summer.

Tweedledum struck me as being more masculine, Tweedleedee as more feminine. They would be a cute pair for me and the boy to wear out together. If we are in a sickeningly matchy mood :P

bpalavtweedledee.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y181/lush...eedledeebot.jpg

In the bottle

:D

Fruit punch!

On

Why didn't I buy more than one bottle? This Tweedledee smells sort of like of Akuma meets Swank. A bit of orange, and a bit of something else like pomgranate or other fruit.

30 minutes

Now it's what I would call Fresh-Fruity. It smells of orange, a bit of another fruit, and fresh air.

Throw:

Ohh...wonderful! :P

Scent category:

Citrus

Summary

This the best orange blend I've ever smelled from bpal period I do believe.

Purchase again?

Yes. Good God yes.

1-5 rating (5 being best)

5 (keep in mind I'm an Orange freak)

Wow, this one is a morpher! Straight out of the imp, it smells like kumquat (very definitely kumquat: there's that screw-your-face-up sour edge that kumquats have when you bite through the skin) and, bizarrely, something like hot buttered popcorn. I have no idea where the hot buttered popcorn note comes from. I think my nose must be misinterpreting the pepper or something.

Before long, the kumquat dries down to a much softer, sweeter orange, and the weird popcorn note goes away. I'm left with sweet orange/orange blossom, with a tiny edge of kumquat-sourness. Tweedledee probably won't end up being a big bottle scent for me, but I'll certainly keep the imp.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who got fruit cereal from this. My first thought was "Froot Loops!! OMG!"

This starts out brilliantly fruity, an eye-opening splash of kumquat. Like Hypatia, I never really get pepper, per se. Rather, I get an almost buttery note from this blend.

After a few hours, the buttery note is gone and the kumquat has settled down considerably. What's left is a lightly citrusy white tea, with a faint floral note from the orange blossom. It morphs considerably, but for me at least, it doesn't have a bad phase from beginning to end.

In the bottle: Violent, headachy pepper and something orangey.

Wet: Pepper pepper pepper, eep! Makes me want to sneeze!

Drydown: Pepper and something rather soapy, I can't tell what. I get kumquat, certainly, it's a sort of citrusy scent between lemon and orange. After a while the pepper lifts a bit, leaving the kumquat dominate, and a bit of the orange blossom come through and it smells rather sweet.

Overall: After the really obnoxious pepper has lifted, it's a rather pretty, sweet citrusy/floral blend, really quite upbeat. In fact, it reminds me a bit of "Moxie". It smells a bit soapy to me, though, and the pepper notes really disgust me in the beginning. Still, it's a fun blend, it gets quite a reaction out of me. [ETA: I washed it off before I went to bed - or so I thought. In the morning, I woke up with my very first BPAL rash on my wrist. *adds pepper to the list of ingredients I can't wear*]

I really, really like this. It reminds me a bit of 13, but without the floral over/undertones.

The kumquat is strong with this one, but not overpowering at all. My skin chemistry tends to ramp up anything sweet to a ridiculous degree, and this is sweet, but something (maybe the white pepper? or the tea?) seems to be toning it down and keeping it under control. And there's something in a gorgeous light musk going on, too. In any case, it's lovely.

Two thumbs up from me!

Tweedledee

In the imp: fizzy! This sparkles with pepper and with tangy tea, orange blossom, and a fruit note which I think is kumquat.

Wet on skin: the orange blossom and tea come into their own once on the skin.

Dry on skin: this is a fun scent! It reminds me of another tea-citrus scent, can't remember which now, but this scent is lovely! Light, effervescent and fresh, I smell the bright sharpness of white tea mixed with the smoother floral-citrus tang of orange blossom, and warm pepper scattered through. the whole scent has an 'orange' feel, a citrus base which must be the kumquat. I like this a lot…it does remind me of orange fizzy sweets, but in a good way.

After a while: the kumquat (smells like citrus peel now) and orange blossom are the dominant notes now. the scent is a lot sweeter and smoother now, it's almost like there's a white musk in here, merging and smoothing the notes out. I love it.

Verdict: this is a fabulously light hearted fragrance, youthful and energetic in feel, sparkling with bright tangy notes. The scent fizzes like a refreshing effervescent drink or citrus candy, refreshing and both sweet and sharp. The tartness of white tea with a smoother, almost white-musky fruity floral note of orange blossom is given a sweet, bright orange feel by the kumquat and with a hint of spicy pepper warming it up. I love this scent because it's so happy and sunny and it's absolutely perfect for summer. I think I might need more of this…

Emoticon rating: :P

I wasn't sure if I would like this one because of the white pepper, but the pepper note isn't strong at all. The kumquat is on top, which gives this blend an overall fruity feel with a nice little bite. The bite is provided by the white tea, as well as the citrusey note the orange gives it. I can barely detect the pepper, but it gives Tweedledee a complex, well blended aura. Intriguing, silly, and refreshing all at the same time, this is a lovely blend.