Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
ipb

moving (again)

so i've got to check into my apt for the summer friday, and the cable folks won't be coming out for a whole week to hook it up. (and that right there is a melodrama in of itself, because they're coming the day of my friend's wedding - thankfully i'm not a bridesmaid, just a guest - so i have to get them in and out by 11 so i can dress and leave, and my roommate's not going to be around to keep them there)

anyways, i'll probably dash back to finish painting (slackerslacker, i won't have the ceiling done) and to go grocery shopping in the parents' freezer & pantry on saturday/sun...

but on the bright side, i won't be moving again until august and if all goes well, i won't be moving for at least two years then! that'll be nice. i'd like to have a year where i don't move three times...

it was sarcasm :P

actually, this isn't like "pack everything i own and move" moving... it's more "toss my clothes in a few suitcases, drag dad along 'cause he won't let me borrow the truck to grab my entertainment electronics (and we all know how important THAT is), grab me pantry and haul it all of 70 miles away" move...

uhm, in engineering-land, interns are provided with furnished housing, for "free"... so it's not half as painful as august will be, where i have to move EVERYTHING to new mexico. and that's gonna be such a huge pain because my dad's insisting on a 6x12' trailer.

it was sarcasm :D

:P remind me not to reply to your posts when I have just woken up.

I used to move so often that now I loathe it. It is 15 years since I was last persuaded to move... on that day I said, "never again". I suspect we will at some stage but.......

Regardless, any degree of moving merits my sympathy!!

Good luck with all of that, it sounder pretty full on....

I don't like moving much either, and had more homes that I was years in London which made me really tired....

did i mention that as of august, i will have had 18 addresses over the course of the last 7 years? and that doesn't include all the one or two week "vacations" between school and whatever where i crashed at my parents' (or my boyfriend's).... 18!

...so i am REALLY hoping to find a decent place that i like in albuquerque, because i will *hopefully* not move for about 3, 3.5 yrs (the ms/mba program is 3.5-4 yrs long). which means, by god it needs a dishwasher, a washer dryer, a/c, cable, and two bedrooms (so i don't have to sleep with the kitty litter and can pretend my office/kitty litter room is a guest room). and a patio area would be bonus.

plus, i literally have more than 30 cubic feet of books. that's only going to get worse now that i'm in grad school.

All the very best of luck with the move, look forward to hearing from you when you get back :P

...so i am REALLY hoping to find a decent place that i like in albuquerque, because i will *hopefully* not move for about 3, 3.5 yrs  (the ms/mba program is 3.5-4 yrs long

Can I suggest a neighborhood or two for you? They are both within walking distance of UNM and I have lived in both neighborhoods. You have to be kind of careful in Albuquerque, b/c it is actually a high crime city (lots of property crimes)due to poverty and gangs. I feel more safe walking around NYC alone than I did in Albuquerque.

Try to look at places in the neighborhood a bit south of campus, on streets like Vassar SE in the vicinity of the intersection with Santa Clara. It is far enough away from UNM to not be the student ghetto. NIce and quiet with lots of trees and a great park. You could also check out the neghborhood directly east of campus. If you take Campu Blvd. and cross Carlisle Ave., thee are some nice houses and relatively quiet neghborhoods to the north after you cross Carlisle.

Hope this helps!

Sign in to follow this