Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sarah

Drink Me

… However, this bottle was not marked `poison,' so Alice ventured to taste it, and finding it very nice, (it had, in fact, a sort of mixed flavour of cherry-tart, custard, pine-apple, roast turkey, toffee, and hot buttered toast,) she very soon finished it off.

This is the damned strangest thing I have ever put on my wrists.

This.

I've had my imp of Drink Me for around eight months now, and when I first got the imp (I ordered it as part of my first-ever BPAL order), I wore it a llllll the time. Even though I couldn't even begin to place the scent. It's sweet and yet there's something not-sweet in it to ground it a little. I can't pinpoint it. The only way I can think to describe it is "buttered toast with warm brown sugar and fruit". It sounds kind of awful, but it's a little addictive. I left the imp untouched in my imp box for a few months and put it on today on a whim, and wow. It still smells the same and I still can't imagine why it smells as good as it does or why I like it so much but I do.

I do have to be careful with Drink Me, though, because it's very strong and has a pretty strong throw.

I don't love Drink Me as much as Eat Me, by far. But it's growing on me.

Drink Me is mostly custard on me, with a hint of cherry. Sometimes it stay true, other times it goes a bit powdery, which I can only attribute to wonky chemistry,

This smells so amazing in the imp. I can smell buttered toast, and cherry and fruit and what smells exactly like gravy, it's so interesting!!

But on my skin, from beginning to end, this smells EXACTLY like a bottle of Flintstone's vitamins, LOL. I guess it makes sense though... that crumbly, dry toast smell mixed with the overtly sweet cherry and the saltiness = crumbly, medicine smell.

While I do find the resemblance funny, truthfully, I can't stand it. It makes my stomach roll. If only it smelled like it does in the imp!

Edited by andabri

What a weird ride. Toffee in the bottle, but it goes on as a tonka/butter. The custard goes by briefly (Life is short; eat dessert first!), which morphs into... turkey? with gravy? Something "heavy" and salty. Someone passes the butter again, and I guess the cook wasn't paying attention because everything turns slightly burnt. It's just an overall vague burnt-food note. The dry-down is a like a failed crème brûlée: buttery sugar scorched beyond edibility. Must echo rhubarb3point14: This is the damned strangest thing I have ever put on my wrists.

I admire the Lab's ability to make something which changes so much.

How strange! Body chemistry is a fascinating thing. In the imp when I got it, I smelled it and it smelled of sweet buttered toast. I was so amazed at how appealing this was. I waited to try it as a bedtime scent after bath last night. I have read people saying it was strong but my skin drank it up and I couldn't smell it again after like half an hour it was faded to fade. I can't even really describe what I was smelling as it just seemed to drink up and vanish fast. I'll be sending this along as a frimp in hopes it works for someone else.

Got this one as an imp from the lab off of their etsy site when I ordered a 5 ml of Anne Bonny. :biggrin:

To be vague and orderly, this is a holiday smell. It reminds me of a Christmas dinner, not a Thanksgiving dinner, but one with something gingery/spicy. Conjures up images of red christmas balls on a tree. Its blended VERY well, so that each note you read on the description is a 'yeah, I can see that!' but nothing takes precedent in an unbalanced fashion.

Bottle: Super plastic toffee. Not unpleasant.

On skin: That Christmas-y spicy smell. I can smell a little bit of tart pineapple, maybe some crumbs of toast, and the slightest milk of the custard!

Drydown: It lasts a while, and its not a bad scent, just not for me. It dries into buttery bread! For what it is, it's great, and EXACTLY as described.

I think if there was another version of this before the perfected for sale bottle that contained a heavier note of turkey I think I'd actually like it better! :tongue:

Edited by Bassmastadroog

Got a frimp.

On me it smells like almond butter cookies and gets more spicy over time - but definitely buttery cookies. I like it! I'll definitely keep the frimp.

"Drink Me" seems to smell different on almost everyone who reviews it (perhaps fittingly given the description). On me, I get a massive waft of butterscotch as soon as I open the bottle, and it remains buttery and rich/sweet and almost cloying as it dries on my skin. I totally get what the people who mentioned custard and butter cookies were talking about.

I always wear this layered with something spicy (Chimera, Inferno, Wrath, or my beloved Pumpkin II 2014), which turns the cloying foodieness into a delicious gingerbread cookies/holiday baking smell.

At first, I was all over this - it's that lovely pastry kind of scent that BPAL does so well, but with more depth. I couldn't stop huffing my wrist, but as it dried down, I got a deep huff and finally smelled that roast turkey, then it was all I could smell.

Whew, what a blast from the imp! I can basically just easily pick apart all of the "ingredients" listed in the description. Sweetness of the cherry tart, butter, bread and spices. What. On my skin it surprisingly doesn't seem to morph much, it amps up the cherry tart and that buttery toast but the rest is still there and needless to say it's... confusing. But not bad strangely.

On me this blends together quite well, into a dense cake (or possibly scone) fragrance. There's a touch of marzipan-esque cherry on top, with maybe some syrup or extra sugar and cream. Very buttery and rich; I prefer it to Eat Me as a gourmand as it's less dry-smelling. However, I have a cake/cookie/pastry scent problem and I'm not sure I really need bottle 58* of things that smell like baked goods. Perhaps in the future this will earn a spot in my collection.

*This is an exaggeration, but by less than I'm willing to admit.

Cookies, vanilla, butter, maybe maraschino cherries. Yum yum!

Where I'd wear this: Teaching my niece to bake coffee cake.

Edited by gloame

I got this imp from another member on the FB sale group. The imp looked like it was a bit aged.

First Sniff Impression: Someone poured an entire five course meal into this vial. I was reminded of the untested chewing gum Violet Beauregard eats in Willy Wonka.

Wet in Vial: Smells like fresh baked bread, and a bunch of other random things?

Drying Down on Skin: This is mostly a baked-goods scent. I can get the essence of the cherry tart, maybe the custard, the toffee, and the butter of the toast. It definitely smells like baked food, as opposed to just a sweet dessert. I think I can maybe detect a little of a pineapple-type smell, but that's probably just my brain filling things in.

Dry on Skin: Dry the "baked" part of the foody smell has mostly dissipated. A sort of warm, sweet, spiciness is left.

Conclusion: This scent smells nice, but I don't usually like smelling like baked things. It would probably be great in the winter when you'd be more in the mood for something sweet, spicy, and warm. But I think I'll pass this one along.

On the wand, um, dried-up turkey, apple, and a slop of toffee custard. Eck!

On my skin, it turns more bready. Specifically, dried and crumbly baked bread (lightly spiced), turkey, and sweet toffee.

Well, that’s over with. :)

Immediate application yields sweet fruits drizzled with caramel and toffee and cream, but almost just as suddenly the fruits fade and leaves an intense sugared caramel/toffee single note throughout wear. Those who call this a creme brûlée scent are not far off, though I would wager to say the sugar is less toasted and creme more prominent. This would be a foodie dream—but alas, though a foodie lover, I find it is too overwhelming with cream-based foods for me.

caramel, cinnamon buns, some sort of sweet milky latte and popurri???

what an odd scent to be called Drink Me

I was pretty scared of this from the description because it's such a strange combination but was pleasantly surprised by the outcome. Wet: hello sucker punch of cherry which immediately makes me nervous since I despise the smell of cherry

Dry down: the cherry goes down to almost nothing about 15 minutes in (thank goodness) which leaves a soft caramel-y sort of waxy smell it's very nostalgic, for example if you mixed a caramel scented candle and a Cinnabon scented candle together

Unfortunately, while I like it I will probably only wear it when I'm feeling particularly Christmas-y (my grandmother once packed our x-mas decorations/candles with those scented pine cones so a decade later they still have that cinnamon smell along with all the newspaper that they were originally packed in sometime in 80's, very similar to that smell)

On me, Drink Me is mostly toffee, with a touch of pineapple. The custard makes it slightly creamy. The other notes though basically don't exist.

I do like it though, it's definitely sweet and foody. Not sure I'd grab a bottle of it, but for an imp it can be a fun sweet scent to wear occasionally.

In the imp, this smells like my homemade hot buttered rum. Buttery, with a tinge of salt, baking spices, and raw sugar. There's a touch of real amarina/marasca cherry in there too. It's thick and rich expensive cherries, not cheap bright colored marascino cherries that get thrown in a Shirley Temple.

Wet, It's almost like rum-soaked pineapple upside-down cake. Caramelized butter/toffee, a touch of pineapple, still lots of butter, and cherry. This is about as gourmand as can be, and it also happens to be reminiscent of my favorite dessert. I really hope it stays that way and doesn't turn plasticky/waxy like so many other gourmand scents can on me.

Well, just as i feared. My finnicky chemistry turned this into a scented candle. Which, isn't bad in and of itself- I just don't want to smell like it. I might try this as a room scent though, because I love gourmand candles that are scented like this.

In the imp: syrupy and sweet. Like a buttery toffee drink.

Wet: Buttery toffee and hints of tart cherry.

Dry: It smells like Christmas. There's a delicious buttery, generalizes "sweets" smell with hints of tart cherry (and maybe pineapple if I search). A delicious foodie scent, and I want to eat something that smells like this!

It's kind of like caramelized pineapple custard. It's really sweet and foodie. I don't find the pineapple too tropical and fresh, it's more baked like in a cake. I don't get any toast or turkey at all. It's really a dessert scent that doesn't feel too overwhelming. I'm not crazy about smelling like dessert or sweets in general, so I won't be holding on to this. I can see why it would work for someone, but it's not my taste.

I didn't get any turkey out of this and honestly, that's probably for the best. This was another nice foodie smell, but you don't really need it if you already have Dorian or anything else heavy on the vanilla.

I don't get any cherry in this, oddly (especially since I get the currant so strongly in Eat Me). It's sort of warm, brown sugar and vanilla, or sugar cookies, with a touch of pineapple. When it dries it smells almost chocolate-y. This is kind of what I imagined Butterbeer to smell like. This is a sweet scent, but light enough that I feel like I can wear it without being a walking cloud of sweet-ness.