Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sarah

Drink Me

... However, this bottle was not marked `poison,' so Alice ventured to taste it, and finding it very nice, (it had, in fact, a sort of mixed flavour of cherry-tart, custard, pine-apple, roast turkey, toffee, and hot buttered toast,) she very soon finished it off.

Heavy pineapple and toffee to start out… it's rather like the sticky sweet dregs at the bottom of a flavored coffee drink -- way too strong, and way too sweet, enough to make me wince.

On the drydown, it becomes much softer (surprisingly!), and the scent now is pineapple, a little butter, and I am reminded of the smell of fruit-flavored syrup and butter over waffles--the scent has that kind of sweetness.

After a while, there is a toasted-coconut topping to the overall fruit syrup on buttered waffles scent, and from this point on, that's what the scent remains.

Recaplet: Fruit syrup over buttered waffles, after a knock-you-over wet stage.
My rating: 2 of 5 (Meh.)
Color impression: Golden brown.

You know, I put off trying this for at least a year and a half. Every time I opened the imp, I'd get knocked over by the sickly buttery toast smell, and think, "Not for me." But I finally did it tonight.

and it's surprisingly nice on the drydown.

it's definitely foody, and it's definitely sweet. This is not a good blend for a hot day, or if you wake up under the weather at all--it's quite rich, and would make a headache/nausea worse. But in a Minnesota winter, it's nice. The buttery note dissipates somewhat, leaving...CAKE! There's something slightly sharp lurking in the background that I can't quite place. I can see myself reaching for this on a day when I'm feeling whimsical.

Not a bottle purchase for me, and I may pass on the imp. But nice, and I applaud the concept, for sure.

Frimp from the Lab. They seem keen on giving me Mad Tea Party and Rappacini's Garden frimps lately.

Imp: Pineapple, toffee, a sweet baking smell and a hint of bright cherry. Smells just like pineapple upside down cake with a cherry on top! Gorgeous, I want to just pour the Imp into my mouth. Sticky-sweet and fruity, but absolutely sugary too.

Wet: Pineapple and a hint of..... dammit. Something a bit like custard, and something else a bit like playdough. Blast. It's very plastic and fake at first. I'll give it a few minutes. I think maybe it's the toffee or toast notes, it smells weird even in the throw. There's a touch of the dust, too, that I get in Miskatonic University. I think maybe it's a nut note that goes wrong on me, hazelnut or something. Or maybe it's the turkey! :lol:

Dry: Still pineapple, cherry and heavy, dusty woods with a touch of playdough. Looks like this little baby will be finding a new home.

Out of the bottle, it's a buttery-rum cake with that burnt sugar smell you get from a day of holiday baking. On the dry down, I had my partner sniff it. I said it was toasted almond, but he pegged it, being the good southern boy he is, as pecan. It is like a pecan sticky-bun. Any pineapple coming from it is of the upside-down cake variety where the sugars are toasted and delicious. And heartily boy-approved.

Imp: Sweet and buttery

Wet: Syrupy sweet with a hint of something bright and tart in the background, perhaps the cherry and pineapple?

Drydown: This becomes a very sweet butterscotch scent on my skin.

Overall: When I first applied it, it had huge throw, but it subsided within a few minutes. This is a delicious scent, but I can't see myself walking around smelling like a vat of hot butterscotch. :tongue: And it would be too cloying after a while.

I must have very different chemistry because I get all toffee and burnt coffee! The burnt smell keeps the whole fragrance from being too cloyingly sweet. I like it!

this one smells like something to eat, not drink. like some cake with candies fruits. and I hate that kind of scents on me, this one behaves itself, but it made me sick. swap pile...

In the Vial: Citrusy. Sweet/ foodie. (Ah, the 'citrus' is in fact pineapple and the sweetness can probably be explained by the toffee + buttered toast.)

Wet: Sweet toffee still w/ the tang of the pineapple. Overall, feeling buttery and foodie.

Drydown: Still predominantly foodie, but for some reason, I'm getting something else now. Almost aquatic. Weird, I wonder what I'm smelling!

Verdict: Not ready for a 5ml, I still prefer other foodie blends more (Eat Me, Beaver'versary, Pancake Breakfast), but it'd be nice to keep a sniffie of Drink Me around to see how it would age and whether or not I'd like it more then.

Weird, I can't quite decide if I like this one or not. I do get a bit of pineapple but also toast at the same time which just seems to confuse my brain. Reminds me a bit of Jack but slightly sweeter and less spicy.

2.5/5 It's a tad plastic-y though and I can't really see myself wearing it.

Imp: total food! Pineapple upside down cake

Wet on Me: Cherry Sweet Tars over Pineapple Upside Down cake.

Drying Down: the pineapple went away and took cheery cherry with it….now I’m getting toffee and turkey!

Dry: Toffee and gravy. Yes I am so not a foodie person.

So, I rewatched the Disney Alice and Wonderland yesterday; I think the previous time I'd watched it was about ten years ago. It was as wonderfully confusing as I'd remembered, and it was enough to persuade me to test the few Mad Tea Party imps I have. With Drink Me, now that I'm reading the notes list on the website, I think Disney left out a few!

In the imp: Cherry pineapple cake. I can already tell I'm going to be wanting dessert today.

Wet on skin: The pineapple is the strongest thing, I think, though the cherries are back there. Good thing I'm not allergic to the smell of cherries! I think I'm picking up some toffee now, too, and the cake impression I'm getting very well could be a mix of the custard and the toast.

Drydown: Freshly dry, everything has become a little more subdued, which is good, because I was already craving pastry. Blend-wise, though, it's still a sort of creamy custardy pineapple cake with a few cherries. At one hour in, it has faded more, and is also less overtly fruity. I'd say the custard is the most prominent scent out of all of this right now.

Five hours later: Very faint indistinct sweetness. Kind of like one of those snack cakes you get in plastic wrap and clearly have no natural ingredients in them, but are sweet and sticky nevertheless.

End of the day: Very slightly sweet.

Overall: This oil has reaffirmed that I am really not a big fan of foody scents. It is not at all that I thought this smelled bad. Rather, it was either making me crave some sort of cake all day, or making me go OMG SUGAR SHOCK. I was able to refrain from going and seeking actual cake, but it was kind of hard to do that. I should not be wearing things that make me want to snack! So, I think I will be swapping this to someone who can get away with smelling like dessert while not also craving dessert. (Sidenote: I'm glad the turkey never showed up. I was kind of terrified of what that would smell like in oil form.)

Oooh interesting. I'm getting a bit of the cherry at first...but mainly this smells like hot butter popcorn and biscuits. It's so realistic. Mmm.

I was reallyintruiged about the Turkey lol.

This is so edible it's unbeleivable, I like it. But not one I would wear all the time...

:P

Wet, this is precisely the scent of pineapple upside-down cake straight out of the oven-- moist, gooey yellow cake covered in caramelized pineapples and cherries. As it dries, the pineapple and cherry stay strong and the cake note morphs into something a bit more powdery and dry but still sweet, like the soft dough of my grandmother's Christmas fig cookies.

Just delicious. Couldn't ask for a better gourmand scent.

IMP: Definitely a foodie scent. Juicy, sugary pineapple and a hint of cherry cake.

WET: Huge throw, too strong for my likings! All I smell is very sweet pineapple.

DRY: Thankfully the throw subsided a lot within fifteen/thirty minutes. I still smell pineapple, but the cherry cake came back and I get a bit of burnt, caramelised sugar too.

While this is not a bad scent, this is definitely not something I would wear all time.

I really wanted to like it, mostly because the "hot buttered toast and roast turkey" bit in the description seemed so amazingly weird, but it is almost all pineapple on me. :(

I am keeping the imp, but definitely not getting a bottle.

Origin: Freebie from a recent Lab order

Initial Thoughts: I'd pretty much ignored this one because as a rule I don't enjoy overly foody scents. But with the imp in hand, I opened and sniffed and my nose perked up, asking, "So, what's this?"

In the Vial: Buttery fruit pastry with mild and comforting spices in the background.

Wet: A cinnamon bun, complete with icing and a dollop of fresh butter.

Drydown: The butter has backed off, leaving a cinnamon toast scent in its wake. Sugary-sweet bread.

Verdict: I think I'll hang onto this imp.

oh yes om nom nom nom!

This is a yummy custard cake with pinapple rings on top. Tart, and sweet. Just like everyone else pointed out, there's a cherry on top of the cake as well. It doesn't morph much, but it lasts quite awhile. It's also giving me the munchies. Smells really yummy!!! It's funny because foodies and I usually do not get along, however, I'd give this foodie a chance! :D

This is one of those odd ones that the *throw* is really nice, but up close theres a funny burnt thing going on thats a lil off to me. Its almost like a burnt custard.. pleasant from afar though...

I also get in the throw, a cakey pineapple... but yeah burnt custard.

This is actually my favorite sent, just bought a 5ml bottle. ^_^

On me, when it goes on wet it smells like almond cookies. Then, after about 10 mins, it turns into custard with a hint of pineapple. Very tasty. Very nice for everyday wear. No burnt scent here.

Edited by abyluv

In imp: almost cake-like scent. Will this be one of my beloved cake blends?

Wet: Cherry, toast and a touch of citrus

Drydown: Cherry is starting to blend in now. There is a dry cake-like scent to this, but not sweet like Eat Me was.

Later: WOW. This has turned into a really good cake scent with a touch of citrus. I’m going to retest it later, but I might well get a bottle of this one.

mmmmm, i have to admit, this does smell tasty :yum: i agree with the many of the previous posters, drink me smells just like a buttery, glazed pineapple upside down cake to me. the strongest smell on me is the pineapple, with a buttery cakelike note and cherry lingering in the background. its very evocative of the description, and i like it a lot, but i'm not sure i'd wear it super often. i'm definitely keeping my imp, but i don't need a bottle. i'm new to this whole thing, but i have a feeling not many foody scents are for me :blush2: if thats up your alley though, this is one i would certainly recommend!

In the imp vial: Very foody. But it is inspired by Alice's drinking of a vial that contains a mix of different foods, so in this case, what you read is what you get in the vial. Strong butter note like what would be found in Jack or someone of the BPAL Halloweenie pumpkin blends.

On skin: At first, it is pure creamy butter, then after about ten minutes morphs into an unique turkey smell, like sandwich meat turkey. I can also smell a berry or cherry note in there too. After an hour, only a faint burnt caramel scent lingers.

Towards the end: It smells like slightly browned baked goods. Not really like toast, but more like a pastry that was slightly over browned. When I mix it with a base alcohol, the pineapple upside down cake and pecan bun notes others talk about come out in the end, but the browned baked good scent still is stronger than these other notes on my skin.

Conclusion: If you like oddball perfumes, this one would work for you. The turkey note is amusing enough, but that is edged out on me by buttery caramel scent and burnt baked goods, both of which I don't like on my skin, since my skin amps up any butter scent. But if you like butter, cream, baked goods like cake and food (you would also like turkey scent as well, or be willing to deal with that in the process of drydown), this might be one you may want to pick up in imp form to try out.

Edited by Madame Nyx

Pineapple, custard, buttery toffee. Sweet & heavy.

I like it okay, and will wear it on cold winter days when I want to feel warm and cozy and sweet, but probably don't need more than the imp, because it is such a foody, dense scent.