Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sarah

Drink Me

... However, this bottle was not marked `poison,' so Alice ventured to taste it, and finding it very nice, (it had, in fact, a sort of mixed flavour of cherry-tart, custard, pine-apple, roast turkey, toffee, and hot buttered toast,) she very soon finished it off.

To me, this smells EXACTLY like a movie theater. It's all buttered popcorn and candy. It's not something I'm likely to wear much, but it's neat and I like it. Maybe I'll use it in an oil burner or something like that.

In the bottle, tarts and pineapple. Interesting.

Wet, fruity something. The cherries from the tart I think - juicy and sweet! Oh, and something that smells like a cross between juicy fruit chewing gum and children's chewable vitamins. I don't think this is going to like me...

Dry, this is chewable vitamins and nothing else. Lesson learned - foody is not my friend!

In the bottle: absolutely pure and straight-up butterscotch. Delicious.

Wet on wrist: butterscotch and something very close to, and yet simultaneously not at all, fresh baked bread. Still delicious.

Dry: A while later: there is still a butter here, but somehow the scotch as gotten a bit lost. The bread and or pastry portion has drifted into something a little more mellow and there is the faintest hint of cherries somewhere just below the butter. And it's still quite delicious.

In the imp, Drink Me is cherry tart and custard. Yum. On me, it's buttered toast, roast turkey, and a little bit of cherry tart. This has to be the ultimate foody scent. It's good, but not something I'd wear every day.

Edited by whiterosepetals

Since foody and boozy scents are definitely not my thing, my nose isn't particularly discerning when it comes to describing them. I have a hard time figuring out what makes Drink Me different from Jack or Grog, for instance. They're in the same family. Eat Me is also a relative, obviously. They're all sitting down together at the same big gluttonous feast, in a weird cacaphony of food smells. I can't tell where one ends and the other begins.

So, like its cousins mentioned above, Drink Me is enjoyable every now and again in very small doses, but in general it's simply not for me-- I have to politely excuse myself from the table.

In the bottle: WOW. Okay, that was strong! I'm getting butterscotch toffee the most. Or the buttered toast. Or some sort of cherry pastry. Gah. Maybe the warning to not actually drink is a good idea. *sniffs some more* If nothing else, this is my hands-down favorite in-the-bottle.

Okay, must stop and move on to actually wearing it.

Wet: Mmm, and there's the pineapple. Pineapple and buttered toast, which is an...interesting combination. Mmm and some buttered popcorn. (My mother, on the other hand, thinks it just smells like vanilla. *shrugs*)

Dry: Not to be repetitive, but mmmm. The pineapple is gone, but the buttered toast is still there, with a butterscotch/caramel/booze/creamy scent under it. I feel like baking something. Or continuously sniffing my wrist.

Verdict: Total love for this. No wonder Alice drunk it. A little more complex in the bottle, maybe, but just as good on my skin. Non-foody people will want to stay far far away, but a must have for me.

5/5

Edited by gnl

Considering this is the thickest, most foody scent I've tried on - It's very funny that it's called Drink Me. This was rich rich butter on me - I don't even know how to categorize what I smelled other than butter. Well, I can say I didn't smell turkey or pineapple or cherry. I definitely got butter, and maybe toffee, custard and the tart shell. I wonder how close that desc is to reality?

Edited by Shollin
Removed Lab description --Shollin

Drink Me is almost IDENTICAL to Midway on my skin, which is awesome since I love Midway but it's LE. :P I get more butterscotch and toffee in Drink Me than I do from Midway, and Drink Me also lasts longer than Midway.

Drink Me reminded me a lot of Gluttony and Miskatonic U. Miskatonic has a wood-y, papery after effect. While gluttony has a more toasted-toffee effect. Drink Me is a bit sweeter, and a bit yummier in all honesty.

I didn't think I was much of a foody person, but these scents are a bit delightful. I can't see myself wearing them all too often, however. But on the occasion I want to feel delectable I know what to grab.

I'm not very good at picking out scents in Foody blends, they just give me an overall feel of fullness. lol This is no exception. I can tell it's sweeter, a note of something tangy/fruity/something, and then toffee. My god, I love toffee.

Keeping this. Has nice throw, and sticks around all day for me. Not bottle material, but fun.

In the imp: Smells like crushed Jelly Belly buttered popcorn beans with a hint of cherry.

Wet: Still like buttered popcorn and a bit of toffee.

Dry: The pineapple starts to drown out the popcorn scent and the cherry amps up a bit.

Overall: I don't really smell what's in the description, but I do like the buttered popcorn scent. I probably wouldn't wear it much, though, because I used to have a buttered popcorn lip balm and people would always say, "Why's it smell like popcorn in here!?", but it's pleasant.

Such an odd blend of notes, but somehow manages to come across as an extremely foody blend.

For the most part I smell buttered popcorn. Other times a whiff of turkey, and then right at the end of Drink me, I get a soft hint of cherry custard.

It makes me hungry.

in the imp:

Wow, that's foody! Buttery like Jack and Gluttony. Caramel Corn-y.

on my skin:

Buttery pie crust. This is Miskatonic U without the coffee and woody notes, Jack without the pumpkin, Gluttony without the dark-chocolate-coffee-smelling note. If that sounds good to you, you will love this.

dry down:

Same, really.

my rating: 3/5 This is nice, but I don't really wear foody scents.

Foody. Sweet. Butter, and coconut, and a bit of mint, and honey, and vanilla.....and I could keep going. It smells delicious! :P I want to drink it! I don't link foody scents (with the exception of honey) so I almost didn't try this on. But I love this! I want to eat myself wearing this! :D

Gourmand foodiness! Let me see if I can pick out some of what I am getting here...

In the imp: butterscotchy vanilla and toffee

Wet on skin: warm vanilla and cherries

Dry: what a little changeling this scent is!!! As it dries I get a buttery piecrust and french toast. A distinct bakery aroma and darn if I don't get some hazelnut coffee too!

Much later: mostly butter and bakery

this is sooo buttery and that is mostly what im getting right now. i smell a hint of cherries but not too much else. i'm on the fence about this one, i'm not going to dismiss it just yet. it might possibly be bottle material for me

woah woah right as i posted this the turkey came right out. now i'm leaning more towards the i don't like it side.

Edited by maromi

OMG youre right...its totally Jelly Belly popcorn flavored beans!!! I know...cuz im eating some as i type :P

They taste GOOOOOOOD but I cant see myself wanting to smell like I just ravaged a 5 gallon drum of the lil buggers either lol.

Glad I got to try it though.

Bottle: Popcorn flavoured jellybeans! Buttery and sweet, to the point of being almost too heavy. Promising though.

Wet: Maraschino cherries and vanilla. Yikes, that’s sweet! I’m a little worried about this one, since I was really looking forward to the buttery, creamy goodness I’ve read about in other reviews.

Drydown: The butter’s all but faded, and I’m not getting any yummy pastry. There’s a slight sharpness which is a little unpleasant. Almost like burnt plastic, and very reminiscent of a wet Brown Jenkins on me. I think it’s probably my skin chemistry reacting to... maybe a coconut note? It’s done the same thing with both Brown Jenkins and Obatala, which is a shame because I adore coconut. Ah well. The maraschino cherries were rather nice, but in general this scent was far too sweet and cloying for me. Into the swap pile it goes.

Wet: Smells like sugary toffee and butter. More buttery than sugary, actually.

On skin: Can definitely smell the pineapple, as well as a buttered banana nut bread, a little nutmeg... perhaps buttery banana-nut french toast?

Dry: The pineapple is gone but the banana nut bread note is still there-- also a hint of butterscotch.

I love both Eat Me and Drink Me, but DM seems to be more buttery and nutty. The throw isn't overwhelming but it's definitely noticeable. I can smell Drink Me on my clothes when I take them off at the end of the day. I love this! I already have a full bottle of Eat Me and think I'll be ordering another full one for Drink Me (unless it's under my Xmas tree already!).

Edited by meatcake

I was excited to try this as it sounded very foody. It smells like pineapple upside down cake with a side of mashed potatoes. I know, that sounds weird but it really had a non-desserty note to it. I sent it to a friend to see what she thought and she really liked it. I would try it again, it's very nice, I just don't keep things that I'm not IN LOVE with. For pineapple upside down cake with a side of mashed potatoes, it really wasn't bad at all!

I just put a dab of this stuff on my wrist and it's currently wafting up my nose... will have to wait and update this when it calms down.

In the bottle: the MOST delicious thing. gooey and warm and caramely with tones of toffee and butter seeping through.

Upon first application: almost sickly sweet (this will definitely get rid of a sweet tooth), and nut/custardy. I'm not getting any of the cherry notes... more like buttery french toast with caramel, butterscotch popcorn all served on a warm... nutty loaf of bread.

hmm will see what it turns into...

:::EDIT:::

Dry: revealing golden tones of toffe, very sweet and sugary and warm.. reminds me of molten caramel apple blossoms. ha ha ^^ Uhm, the only other thing i can say is nutty. very nutty, the butter flavour to it has subsided.

Golden Caramel Nut Toffee.

Final thought: uhmm.... don't think it's the one for me, certainly not for a full bottle but i will keep the imp around as it would be nice for a sweet occassion like a christmas get together with the relatives or trip to the carnival/fair.

:)

Edited by Phox

Okay, upon first sniff, the novelty of this scent won me over. But over several hours of actual WEAR, the scent literally made me sick. And I could not get it to come off of my skin, clothes, furniture... In fact, I can still smell it a day later after a full shower. Oh my god. Something about the butter and all the grossly rich sweet notes (cherry tart?) just made it smell sickly fake and nauseating. OMG. I really have no idea how the Lab could produce something like this and also sophisticated, unusual scents like Bess (which I just got a full bottle of and OMG. So beautiful!).

This scent might seem fun at first, but after a while, it gets VERY OLD. I would not miss this scent EVER if it were discontinued. In fact, I kind of hope it is so my chances of running into someone wearing this nauseating scent are diminished.

Edited by thelaurenator

In the imp: Buttered popcorn with a Cherry Coke. This smell reminds me of the movies.

On, wet: I think I'm probably interpreting the toffee as popcorn, but to me this smells exactly like a buttered popcorn Jelly Belly. Not being a fan of those, this isn't working for me. I'm not getting any of the other notes.

On, dry: No change between wet and dry for me. I really wanted to like this one, but it's coming off a little one-note on me.

smells like candy corn and butter to me in the imp.

applied about the same but the candy corn comes out a little more. its definately a mix of food but it works well. smells like a theatre on a friday night if it could be bottled up. WITHOUT PICKLES, tyvm.

overal: like it but i'll stick to the imp :P