Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zillah37

Nahemoth

The Evil Woman.

Avarice, inertia, materialism, animal consciousness, despair and cruelty.

Governed by Na’amah, Daughter of Lamech, and thereby a Daughter of Cain. Na’amah is the Angel of Prostitution, and also one of Samael’s succubus concubines, and her name is Beauty and Pleasure.

Ahh, glad I took a chance on this one! This is a great spicy plum scent, to my nose. It is similar to Snake Charmer and also to Bathsheeba, but definitely unique in its own right. I don't get too much musk in this scent, actually, well, at least not the heavy musk that is in Smut. Perhaps a lighter skin musk?

This is a fabulous scent that deserves more recognition, in my opinion. if you like Snake Charmer, Bathsheeba and Bordello, get yourself a big bottle of this ASAP!

Edited by Shollin

First sniff: Blue fruit? Dark bluish-purple fruit. Very round and juicy and blue. It’s very strange for me to associate a fruity scent with blue – blue scents are almost always aquatic.

Wearing: Blue-fruity with a background of incense. Like a farmers market in church. It’s a weird combination, but it works really well.

It seems very spicey-incensey at first, but it morphs a bit into a deeper, more resinous scent. I definitely do smell some fruit in there, but I have no idea which one. I can see why people compare this to Snake Charmer, but on my skin it's far too incensey to be very similar to Snake Charmer (which is smooth and creamy on me). I would say it's more like Hellion or Red Phoenix. I think there's some wood in this too that's giving it a nice, dry base. As it dries it gets a little smoother and sweeter.

Very nice.

Interesting....I got cassia out of this, mostly, with some tart fruit and a hint of musk. Predominantly a dry cinnamon-like smell. Reminded me a lot of The Dodo, and also Sin to some extent. Or maybe Serpent's Kiss. One of those, anyway. Spicy, fruity, and musky, basically what everyone else said. I didn't pick up on any sandalwood, but I wasn't trying to smell that note so maybe I just missed it. Overall, I did like this, but I think I like Sin even more.

I swapped for this just out of curiosity, since these are about to be discontinued; and because I'm reading the Kushiel fantasy series, in which Naamah plays a great role. I've never smelled most of the scents people have been comparing this to (Hellion, Snake Charmer) but I did catch the plummy note right off when I opened the decant I got--it reminded me a bit of my beloved Kitsune-Tsuki. On my arm, the incensey and spicy notes come out after a few minutes and the fruit fades to the background, but subtly hangs around. It's lovely...and to think I only have, what, 2 days to decide whether to buy a bottle?? :P

In the bottle I smell a musky fruityness, the word "Ripe" comes to mind. On application Snake Charmer's sexy plum comes into play and the mood gets more sensual and sexual as the musk warms on my skin, then frankincense enters the play and adds a blasphemously sacred quality to all that sex. What dry it starts to resemble a lighter SC more and more. So glad I bought this!

Edited by Concupiscentia

I put her in the locket. Sniffing it, I can see how people were comparing her to the Snake Oil/Mme Moriarty family (I have never smelled Hellion or Snake Charmer). She is fruit-toned, yet dark and sexy. Yet it is not, to me, an all-out sexiness, like Mama-ji. It is more of a skilled courtesan, trained to make conversation that will charm the man so that he is wild by the time it comes to the actual sex --- this may be the frankincense that people have mentioned that forms that impression for me. Nahemoth is what I would wear to tell stories for a thousand and one nights (with apologies to Scherezade, which this oil does not remind me of at all).

I will definitely hold on to my bottle.

In bottle: slightly sweet incense

On skin: musk with sweet incense hanging about

Half-hour later: still sweet musky incense, not much morph

In conclusion: I really liked the musky incense vibe. I generously received from filigree_shadow a sniffie of Storyville (an empty pipette) and from what I could test this is in close proximity to that elusive LE. A really beautiful blend.

In the bottle, this smells medicinal, but with a rich, wood undertone.

On the drydown, I think whatever it is in this that's sweet fades to the background. I don't get much fruit out of this, although I think there's just a slight touch of something. Mostly, I get wood, resin, and smoke, in a smooth and even blend. It smells just like a really rich incense. Definitely has the "occult store" or head shop feel to it, but it also really reminds me of temple incense.

I feel like I should note, one of the reasons I like this so much is that I don't get any patchouli out of it. I tend to amp patchouli liek w0ah, and I don't like it to boot. I have Hellion on one arm and Nahemoth on the other. The main difference that I smell between them is that, after a few hours, Hellion is heavily patchouli based and Nahemoth is pleasantly woody, like a lumber yard. (Only the wood doesn't overwhelm the rest, so if this is sandalwood, I'm so happy it decided to behave!)

It's very very nice, and I'm glad I got a bottle of it before it went away. I'm not sure how much I'll wear it on its own, but it's oh so perfect for layering.

This doesn't remind me as much of Snake Charmer, although there is some similarity. I think it's much more like Hellion, only a little stronger and less fruity.

Edited by naeelah

Nahemoth is dark and rich and deceitfully sexy, wonderfully symbolic of the concept it personifies. I get a hit of spice right off the bat, followed by yummy deep fruit mixed with musky resinous goodness. I think there is either cassia or cinnamon in this, it's actually reminiscent of the warm spiciness of Malkuth to me. If the similarity was intentional it would be pretty cool, because of Nahemoth's opposing force to Malkuth. Along with the spice I'm going to agree with the majority that there is plum present, and I think there may be sandalwood and amber as well. As Nahemoth dries it gets this wonderfully soft and powdery quality that is in tune with how amber behaves on my skin, with just a touch of smooth and slightly dry wood backing it.

I've never tried Snake Charmer but to me Nahemoth fits into the same 'family' of scents as Snake Oil; spicy, resinous, skin-hugging and exotic. It even has a tendency to be temperamental like Snake Oil, one day smelling amazing and deep and concentrated and then another day lacking its usual depth or trying to go a bit soapy. When Nahemoth is good though, it's really, really good. It has become one of my favorites of the Sephiroth and Qliphoth oils for sure, yum. :P

I've had this imp set for so long and never reviewed any of them! It's time to start!

This is lovely. Rich, deep; fruity yet musky with a hint of powdery resin underneath. This is a sexy, heavy scent, sort of the way Mme. Moriarty and Tarot Judgement are. It's quite alluring, and the longer I wear it the more I want to sniff. The fruit notes and dark and red, and rather have an evil quality to them. This is really yummy, and I am quite sad this is discontinued, because I would certainly buy a bottle. :yum:

I picked this one up at the trunk show! When I first put it on, I got a huge flash of resins and incense. Not too much fruit. As it dried down, I got a touch of the plummyness that people connected with hellion and Snake Charmer, however on me this doesn't remind me of either (seperate or lovechild). It's been about an hour and a half and it's pretty much faded to a slightly spicey, powder soft, resiny incense. The throw isn't intense and it sticks very close to my skin. I am not sure if this is an aged batch. I hope it isn't so that I can age it and see what will become of it! :D

sweet, spicy, floral, and clean. :eek: This is what I would describe this as....I think I will hold onto this imp for a while to see how it ages.

Ah, Nahemoth. On wet, I get plum and something that smells like celery (could it be you, lilac?). As it dries, I get more of the musk coming out, and it's slightly powdery. It kinda reminds me to Agrat Bat Mahlat, from the Grindhouse gals... but without the caramel.

Erm. Yeah. Musky plum. Not a plum fan, but I'm glad I got to try this!

ETA: Prototype review comparison

To me the prototype is less plummy and more amber/resin powdery. There's definitely some cedar in this as it kinda smells like pencil shavings on me. Yeah, definitely not attractive IMO.

Edited by zankoku_zen

Edit: I *just* realized why I love this so much - it smells just like kyphi!

I was lucky to find an almost full bottle on Ebay, I love this. It's dark and lovely.

In the bottle: dry fruits and incense/resin, almost smells like a strong dry fruit liqueur... not sweet (yay), mixed about half and half with a strong incense. I love it! Really not sweet at all, a very unisex scent reminiscent of dark rituals. Not smoky, dry.

Wet on skin: Smells like an apothecary - very herbal. The plum is a faint note and quickly gets overtaken by musk, becomes more wet.

Dry down: The musk died down within 15 minutes, getting a lovely rich deep dark fruit in the background with incense and sweet woodiness. This is by no means foody or girly. The plum seems to come out to play a bit, like it's going from dried to ripe, surrounded by musky incense. A mild plum sweetness behind the more dominant notes. Faint plum mixes with incense and woods. It's a morpher - plum seems to fade and come back, fade and come back. Seems to get more herbal versus musky as it fades, also seems to get more spicy and complex. There must be patchouli in here too because it's a little earthy, which makes me love it more - and I also smell fig. Can't stop sniffing my wrists.

Overall: Very happy. If you like scents that are "ritualistic" "complex" "dark" "occult shop" "herbal" and "incense" - you'll love this. The fruit was not at all prominent on me, just gave a twist to the undertone that calmed down the musk. Strong throw. Just for comparison - I typically hate scents reminiscent of strong perfume, sweet fruit/candy, florals, cologne, and overly masculine or feminine scents - and I'm SO happy with this. 5/5

Edited by MarlaMoreau

Another amber bomb on me. I'm guessing this is a darker amber than is in most BPALs (...or it's just aged significantly), because it's not as sickeningly sweet on me as, say, Coyote or Bastet. There's definitely musk in here, too, but beyond that I couldn't say. It's giving me the impression of an old perfume, but not in a good way--like something thrown into a drawer and forgotten about for at least a decade. Hopefully someone else will enjoy this imp more.