Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zillah37

Thagirion

Thagirion

The Disputers.

Pride, stress and disorder, strain, contention, conflict, futility.

Governed by Belphegor, The Lord of the Openings, who seduces men to evil through wealth through ingenuity.

Thagirion ט'גיריון

In the bottle: Lemony and sharp in the which frightens me. Lemons and I are mortal enemies when it comes to BPAL.

Visual: Bright yellow coloured oil.

On my skin: It becomes light lemons and flowers. Kind of sugary and smells like lemon curd. It's actually not an unpleasant lemon on my skin. But it's still lemon.

Thagirion struck me as a very bright, nice, cooling, refreshing white-yellow floral. As it dries down it becomes a strong, cleansing, soapy scent.

I'm not actually getting lemon from this but I am getting the impression of the color of pale yellow. I'd say it's mostly floral, a little soapy, but again it's a very strong, piercing, cleansing scent. Something you could really use to scrub away negativity. That's what I'd be inclined to use it for if I was to use it for something...but for the moment I am just enjoying the scent.

With this one, I smell fresh lemony musk. I don't think it smells like soap exactly, but it reminds me of some kind of body spray or scented bath product. This one also reminds me of Mantis, but with a bit of mint.

Oooh I really, really like this one. It has a lovely, white/yellow scent that reminds me of a less sharp Sundew, or a bit like the unreleased Toxin but again less sharp. It's very refreshing and sweet. Lemony, a bit maybe. This one is the one I might very well use a *lot*- I've been loving some of the fresher floral scents like Ides of March and Sundew- great for spring for sure. This one has the benefit of being a bit less sharp and/or green than some.

For me this one is a 5 out of 5, I really like it a lot.

Thagirion - initial drydown on me... Alka-seltzer.

It's a fizzy medicinal lemon... but it's like... lemon and bicarbonate. It also kinda smells like... Ramune... you know, that Japanese soda in glass bottles. However, it still has that scent of fizziness and that taste of Alka-Seltzer. Egads.

This is so fresh on me. Almost a touch air freshener-y, but not quite. A touch of a citrussy green tea note. The fresh green nature of this reminds me a bit of Holiday Moon, but this is working on me better than Holiday Moon did. I could see this being very refreshing on a summer day. I'll definitely have to some around until it gets hot out. As this dries, it is becoming sweeter and sweeter, but remains fresh.

I smell lemon, as everyone else has, but I also smell something slightly aquatic. I feel like I know this blend. I am reminded of one of the Springtime in Arkham blends- either Kingsport or Dunwich or, heh, Yog. I can't remember which one, to be honest. It called to mind the period when I was trying those out.

I like the idea of this as a room blend. It is pale, like a tea scent, like the Doormouse. I might be more tempted to use this as an ambient scent than to actually wear it. It's not really me.

In Bottle: Crisp fruity floral

On Skin: I’m smelling lemon, pear and plumeria. Very bright and clean, there’s a slight soapy ozone note as well. Wow, slight is the wrong word, after a few minutes this scent becomes pure ozone and I lose the lemon and pear. This is like Sundew meets Budding Moon. I get a bit of lemongrass and a very light pale yellow/green feel from this. Pretty and bright, a nice light scent. Not really me though… Average throw and wearing length.

Thagirion

In the imp: a crisp, dewy, tangy floral, reminiscent of Sundew.

Wet on skin: still a crisp, moist floral scent, maybe some tart fruit as well.

Dry: crisp apple and spring blossoms! Apple blossom perhaps? This smells very similar to Sundew and Empyreal Mist on me-a fresh, bright, tangy fruity blossom scent, very spring-like. I think get a bit of pear and maybe some peach as well. I get a little hint of something that might be daffodil, and some green, grassy notes. Such a pretty scent!

After a while: it’s not long before I get a gorgeous creamy undertone appearing under the crisp flowers and fruits. It really softens the scent and lets the sweeter aspects of the notes come out. It still smells of pear and blossom (maybe linden?) and fresh spring leaves (maybe also some white tea?), but now with a creamy, marshmallow-y base…and I think I’m getting a hint of fresh coconut now!

After about 45 minutes, the scent is very smooth, not as sharp/tangy as before, and it’s so creamy and soft and white, it’s a scent of flower petals, green notes, pear/apple and fresh coconut water on top of a bed of cream.

After a few good hours, the tangy notes are completely gone and I’m left with a very pretty creamy coconut musk, smooth and delectable. And although there are no coconut or musk notes in Fee, I also get something vaguely reminiscent of Fee’s drydown here, and I like that-it’s almost like a light hint of melon and oak moss.

Verdict: how could an oil based on an evil concept smell so, well, pretty? This is such a lovely, dainty scent, it smells like spring at first-a sparkling blend of dewy blossoms and tart fruits like pears and apples, with hints of greenness-like fresh leaves that have just popped from their buds, and maybe some light tea. But then a wonderful creaminess takes over, soft and white, almost like coconut and marshmallow and white musk, sweet and yet also fresh. There’s a hint of something almost Fee-like to it, like hints of melon and moss and maybe some vanilla and white florals too. Not sure if I need a 10ml, but this is a gorgeous scent, and definitely one I’ll wear lots of during spring and summer.

Emoticon rating: :P

Thagirion is difficult for me to describe, but if it were a color, it would be a bright apple green! At first sniff it's very light and fruity, a bit grapy with lots of herbs and a hint of mint. As it dries down, it reminds me of a distant cousin of Snowblind - imagine that Snowblind had a cousin who was the Heat Miser to its Snow Miser, who filled the place with everything bright and green about summer with just a little room for a minty-vanilla-y memory of Snowblind. It's very uplifting and bright, just what you might need to overcome the negative qualities associated with this particular Qliphoth. I ordered a bottle and have a feeling that this will be a favorite this summer when the heat and humidity are cranked up to 11 here in Georgia.

Initial Impression: fresh, clean and fruity - this reminds me of the same kind of clean laundry vibe as Dirty.

This is surprising - the first Qliphoth oil I've tried which hasn't been dark or at least dense...

In the imp: A fresh, clean citrus.

Wet: Clean and a bit chemical. It smells like something in laundry detergent.

Dry: The smell fades almost before the oil dries. It didn't even stay around long enough for me to jot down notes.

Thagirion is very fruity and clean on me. At first I thought that it smelled very lemony, but the drydown was more reminiscent of sour apples.

When I lived in Missouri, I spent a lot of time at our neighbor's house and they always had a line of laundry hanging up outside in the middle of a little orchard of crabapple trees. Thagirion smells just like clean laundry and crabapple trees.

This isn't the sort of scent that I would normally go for, but I find myself loving this one, if only for the pleasant childhood memories :P

Thagirion

In the bottle: A cross between lemon-lime soda and a dryer sheet.

On me/wet: Instead of lemon, I'm getting a well-mixed floral blend that still reminds me of a dryer sheet.

Drydown: This one smells pretty much the same after a couple of hours, if a bit more faint. It's a nice, light floral, but there isn't anything terribly distinctive about it. I can take it or leave it.

Thagiron is clean and fresh, like sparkling dandelion wine! It smells like a bright spring day. After a bit, it goes a bit soapy on my skin, but even when it does so, it's like the freshest, fanciest soap smell---nice in its own way.

This is the prettiest citrus floral. And I think it's just me, but I get a strong hit of tea off of this. In fact, it smells an awful lot like how The Dormouse does on me. It's really fresh and sweet and light. I guess evil has all sorts of disguises :P

I'm only getting the barest hint of lemon in this, the freshness in the blend seems more "minty" to me, if that makes any sense. Those two are in the background, with floral notes in the foreground.

I'll have to test it out a little bit more before I really decide on whether I like it enough to get more - it's not bad, it doesn't wow me, but wearing it the next time I have to be out on a hot summer day will tell me more.

at first: light, fresh, and cool. i can smell mint, something light and fruity, and a bit of musk.

on: very, very green and fresh. not as light as in the imp. very nice and springlike.

2 hours later: sweet and light.

3 hours later: very light, sweet, and a bit musky.

overall: this is a pretty, fresh scent, and i like how it gets sweeter as it dries.

Thagirion - Ooh, what a crisp, clean, and refreshing scent! This would make a lovely room scent. The scent is like green tea with a hint of lemon and maybe even a drop of pear. It's very green and clean and tart with a hint of sweet florals. It reminds me a lot of Beltane in its green, clean freshness. I really like this and would it if my home smelled like this, but I don't foresee myself wearing it again as a personal fragrance.

wet: a hint of mint and a hint of citrus. fairly pleasant.

dry: it's still really nice. light, clean, fresh. the mint note isn't quite as strong (which wasn't all that strong to begin with), but it's just barely detectable. This would make an outstanding summer scent! It reminds me a bit of Usher. :P

Cirtus, herbal, very light and fresh - this seems almost autumnal to me, like fresh fallen leaves, or fresh cut herbs with a squeeze of lemon and a hint of fresh musk. A real gem and definite keeper.

Thagirion is a delightful scent reminiscent of bottled springtime. This is one of my favorites of the Sephiroths - it reminds me of Dirty and The Unicorn. Who knew futility and conflict could smell so good.

First sniff: Pale mint, pale musk, pale green. All very very pale.

Wearing: Very soft and pretty, mostly mint with a bit of green.

This one surprised me. For some reason, this isn't the scent I was expecting.

It's a really pretty bright, clear, fresh scent. It kind of smells a bit like a crisp tea scent, with maybe some very gentle herbs. It also smells kind of dewy -- not like aquatic, but in that slightly watery fresh way.

I think it mostly reminds me of clean laundry. Personally, I happen to like that type of scent a lot, so for me this one's a winner.