Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zillah37

Gha'agsheblah

Gha'agsheblah

The Perimeter of Destruction.

Hypocracy, gluttony, indiffference.

This is the sphere that encompasses those who stand by idly, or turn their faces, when confronted with wickedness and corruption.

Governed by Ashtaroth, a Grand Duke of Hell, Lord of Accusers and Inquisitors.

Gha'agsheblah גא'אגשבלא

In the bottle: Very soapy and aquatic.

Visual: Very clear yellowish colour.

On the skin: It's still soapy and sharp. I can't pick out individual notes, but it's definitely soap and aquatics.

When I opened this, someone across the room from me said "That smells like blueberries."

I responded, "This is Gha'agsheblah, the Perimeter of Destruction."

"Oh, well it smells like blueberries."

Well, actually up close it smells like a nice floral to me -- these Qliphoth have a lot of really nice florals in them, really bright, light, slightly soapy. It becomes a lot more of a strong soapy floral as I wear it. Nonetheless it's pleasant and if it was a regular perfume blend I'd count it among the spring florals that I'd consider wearing.

In the vial, this is a blonde, very faintly tinted oil. It smells like roses and honeysuckle from the imp. Ya know, this smells a LOT like Dove's Heart. On my skin - POW - this is a sharp and powerful floral, except it's kind of malicious. Definitely mucho honeysuckle and lilies I'd say. I don't know though, because it is totally amping up on my skin into a ferocious chorus of shrill rosey flowers.

Not for me!

In Bottle: Soapy floral tea

On Skin: Soapy… very soapy. A floral dainty feminine soap. I get rose after a few minutes which is one of those notes that hardly ever works on me. Especially this rose, it’s a very tart and sour tea rose. Eeek… super old lady. This is one of the only scents I’ve ever had to wash off, it really just made me wince. Sorry.

In the imp: Perfumey, light and clean.

On: A very light, slightly powdery rose scent. I'm not big on roses, but it's not bad; most rose blends smell fake and plasticky on me (and are very strong), while this one stays relatively light, and while not "real rose" to my senses, isn't as overtly fakey as most blends.

Not my cup of tea, but not bad either.

Goodness..... this reminds me of Ivory soap mixed with roses. Ever been in a Crabtree and Evelyn store? They have a rose talc that smells a bit like this does. Yes, definitely talc. It reminds me of some folks' baby changing rooms. I can practically _taste_ the soap when I lean in to smell this.

While you may be able to tell that this isn't for me, I think it's a clean enough, soapy scent that those who like "fresh cotton" smells might be drawn to it. I mean, I wouldn't mind if my laundry came out of the dryer like this. It does scream "cozy and clean".

It's also making my wrist itch like there's no tomorrow.

A very old fashioned rose, is my conclusion. Pale, reminiscent of rose talc and rosewater.

I dislike the stronger roses, but this is just... nice.

This is interesting. It was a promising floral on me for the first few seconds and then BAM-- the most metallic scent I've ever gotten from a blend. Sharp and metallic, worse the closer I get to my arm. Plus a touch of burning hair tossed in for effect. Rose often goes wonky on me and this blend is no different. I think I'm also picking up an orange blossom note-- another note which goes wonky on me. My skin chemistry must be really off tonight, I've never had something go this far off on me.

Wow, total turnaround on this one. No more metallic, and that burning hair thing was gone fairly quick too. This is a very powdery, gentle but lovely floral now. Somwhat comforting smelling. I'm really pleasantly surprised by the change here. Much, much better.

when first applied, this smells waxy, sweet and deeply resinous.

half an hour later, these component aspects of the smell have melded together to give a sweet resinous smell with a "high" aspect to it.

a little later the fragrance has softened to something which is equally resinous and soapy. The sillage/waft is soft, warm and spicy.

Extreme drydown is soft and a little bit sweet and a little bit spicy - comforting and classy at the same time.

Overall, I'm smelling something resinous and a little sweet with a high soapy note floating lightly over the top

Gha’agsheblah

In the imp: muted, slightly old fashioned, ‘purple’ rose. Dry dusty rose with something purple to it.

Wet on skin: it becomes even more old-fashioned smelling! A dry, pale, dusty, dry white floral appears, fringed by rose.

Dry: hmm, that ‘old perfume’ note tones down a bit. It’s a white, dry, floral scent, very powdery and almost soapy, but that’s being kept in check by a rose note-a crisp, clear, dry, tart rose note, a mix of fresh rose petals and dry. But it does remind me of one of my old childminder’s perfumes or dusting powders. This scent is like a vase of roses in an old, dusty house with hints of perfumed powder remaining. I also get hints of camomile and maybe some violet-it smells a bit like Ephemera at times.

After a while: the odd ‘old fashioned powder’ note lightens a touch, it’s almost reminiscent of washing powder now, complete with its soapy feel and ozone like freshness. It reminds me of another BPAL but I can’t remember which-maybe Numb? It’s a lot more powdery and old-smelling though, thanks to all the other dry flowery notes here. There’s still a lot of dry rose in here.

Eventually it becomes a soft, powdery floral, and now I can smell violet. There’s still rose and that other powdery pale/soapy note, but now I smell a lot of violet in here. It does now smell like Numb with added rose.

Verdict: this, on me, is like Numb meets Ephemera with the rose note cranked up and an extra portion of powder scattered on top. It’s a dusty scent, dry and white, almost old fashioned in scent, with an odd powdery pale floral tone to it which reminds me of traditional dusting powder. And over that is a strong rose note, a dry, tart rose-this is my favourite bit in the scent. At drydown, violet surfaces and makes itself known. Now, there are some powdery scents which I love where the powder really works with the scent and smells warm and soft, but I’m not so hot about this-the powder note is too sharp, too old, too soapy (washing powder) and-dare I say-too granny-ish, it reminds me of a very old fashioned dusting powder sort of scent. I’m not so keen on this, I’m afraid.

Emoticon rating: :P

In the imp: Light herbs and rose.

Wet: Herbal and very soapy. A lot of the Qlipoths turn soapy on me. I wonder if it's the same note in all or most of them.

Dry: Just soap. Nice soap, but not something I'd wear as perfume.

First on... Gha'agsheblah reminds me a lot of Numb, it has that same soapy men's shaving cream scent. And then the drydown is almost pure rose on me. Strong, full-bodied, blood red rose. Rich, a tad spicy, a bit sweet, and just a hint powdery. I still catch whiffs of the chilly Numb-like scent behind the rose every once in a while, and the overall result is lovely.

I really like a lot of BPAL's roses, and this one is quite beautiful :P

Gha'agsheblah is a resiny rose on me, with other flowers clustered around. I love rose, so it's an easy sell. As this dries down, it only gets more lovely. It never turns soapy and the rose only gets deeper. Lovely.

I'm getting mainly rose out of this (probably white rose, since it smells very similar to the note in Ophelia to me). Something else is in the background, freshening it up and keeping it from being boring or going powdery.

I've been wearing it now for about 8 hours, and the rose fragrance is still with me - not strong, it also has been a "close to skin" scent for me most of the time, but definitely there.

Very pretty, I like it a lot.

at first: a sweet, fruity, pungent blend.

on: lots and lots of rose with many other floral notes swirling around. still pungent.

half an hour later: mosty rose, but with some pungent notes in the background.

2 hours later: rose, but with some evil orange blossom and bergamot interfering.

overall: it would be nice if the notes that go bad on my skin were so strong, but i'm a sucker for rose, so i can put up with it.

Gha'agsheblah - This is a beautiful scent! Initially, it's a very strong, and wet rose scent that is also a touch resinous. Once I apply it, it almost instantly gains a powdery note that reminds me a lot of Numb -- this is the rose version of Numb! There's a hint of spice in the background, and as the scent warms up and settles on my skin, I begin to believe that orange blossom is the "powder" culprit in this scent, since orange blossom always turns to powder on me in a very unique way. I love this scent and look forward to wearing it again

Indifference smells like flowers?

Soft floral rosy start, on the old-fashioned side. A tad on the soapy-powdery end to me, but I'm not real appreciative of florals to begin with--it's something a gentle older woman might wear.

But I do see the interpretation here: those that are glad to be coddled in false surroundings and turn their nose away from whatever's real and demanding of action.

It settles down into a rich, soft, comfortable, self-contented and self-centered rose.

wet: smells like my deodorant...no, seriously. It's kind of a "fresh/clean" scent.

dry: still very sharp floral. I think that some sort of lily may be the culprit. I love it in blends when it adds a cool, "crystaline" note, but here it's just sharp & cloying, which is just overwhelming my nose.

The Perimeter of Destruction appears to be planted with rosebushes. And paved with - wax. Maybe from the Bees of Bodily Harm?

This does not make me Gha'g but it will probably not become a fave.

This is, in other words, chaos. Interesting, considering this smells like a rather sedate floral blend on first sniff. For a minute, I get an odd, burning metallic note, but it quickly subsides into the florals again.

After a while, however, the floral turns to a soapy aquatic, soft florals churned through the water. It smells quite old-fashioned to my nose, but pleasant nonetheless. Behind it, though, the metallic note lingers.

First sniff: Medicinal… and outdoorsy. Which is a weirdass combination. It smells like medicine but it makes me think of camping. Maybe this is the first-aid tent down by the river.

Wearing: I still can’t pin down the outdoorsiness, but this is definitely medicinal. … And now that it’s dried down, it’s transformed into a lovely ladylike floral. I’m so very confused. The end stage is pretty, but the weirdness lasts a bit too long to make it worthwhile.

This smells like the white soap my Grandma used to use. I think it was Ivory. It's a really soft, clean scent. There's a faint bit of some kind of floral with it, but my strongest impression is that it reminds me of my Grandma's soap. This is really not a bad association for me at all, and I actually kinda like this. When it's dry the florals come out a little more, and it becomes slightly feminine, rather than the unisex scent it started out with.

Yeah. I like this. It feels comfy.

The perimeter of Destruction smells to me like... powdery roses and honeysuckle. It's a soapy, light breezy floral.

Yeah. The roses are sour... so yeah, so not tasty on me.