Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Clockwork

Monster Bait: Underpants

MONSTER BAIT: UNDERPANTS

Who doesn't want a monster in their pants? Sexy sugar-smeared saffron sandalwood over lickable vanilla cream with a splash of butter rum.

In the bottle it's too sweet for me. I'm feeling a bit sad, but I dab a dot on anyway. (incidently, my husband thought it was very yummy in the bottle). I dabbed in on my neck (for reasons I do *not* know.. hello, hard to sniff there!) and I am now constantly fanning my neck to move the scent to my nose. AMAZING! It's all heaven and love.

Butter cookie? I think it's a bit like a butter cookie with a dash of sex. I LOVE THIS! Now I might have to call myself a foodie girl, and that's just insane. I was only just ok with the other two Monster Baits, but with this and Tell Tale Heart.. I may have to rethink the foods.

So far it's lasting a good while on me, and if it didn't I'd just put some in my hair and see how that went.

YAY!

Edited by Shollin

Oh my God. I love this one. Underpants makes Closet and Underbed seem foul and plain in comparison. Strange, because I was expecting this to be my least favorite of the bunch (sandalwood, vanilla, and saffron are all notes that are pretty 'eh' on me).

I slathered Underpants on right before the boy came over, and he could not keep his hands off of me. Major neck nuzzling and cuddliness.

This reminds me so much of something that I cannot place, perhaps some other amazing perfume from my past or... I'm not sure, really. Something about it is cool and fresh on me at the same time as it is sweet and sexy, like the way that air smells right before a chilly spring rain.

There's wonderfully soft sandalwood here, smothered in oodles of buttery vanilla and exotic spice. After about an hour, this also takes on something that smells like lemon cookies on me.

It's not overly sweet or foodie at all, but it's so damn sexy. A cloud of the most gorgeous and complex vanilla-y fragrance ever.

I'm so glad that I went crazy and purchased four bottles of this. It is my new scent for major sex appeal. :P

In bottle: butterscotch schnapps. I know that smell all too well :P

On skin: blast of sweet vanilla. Other reviews have mentioned Antique Lace, which is a favorite and it does remind me of a less-floral version.

Half-hour later: I barely get the sandalwood, but it's not too dark or woody. It's like a "fresh" wood, which may be the additional saffron? Whatever it is, it's gorgeous.

In conclusion: this is quite long-lasting and not as "foody" as the description implies. It's dreamy and an instant favorite :D

Bottle sniff: Hmm. Not particularly strong, and quite... musky? That must be the saffron. Sweet and musky.

First on skin: Yowza. I puzzled over this for a long time before I could work out what it reminded me of, but in a flash of inspiration it came to me; the damp, discarded panties of an aroused girl. I'm sorry, it's probably the mix of saffron and sugar, but all I get is that intimate girlie musk we all know and love.

A little while later: The saffron is a little... *too* saffron, if you get my meaning. For me, there is not enough of the other notes, and certainly not enough sweetness to it. It feels like it wants to give me a headache, which makes me sad.

Even later: The sandalwood finally begins to show, which is nice.

I think this is nice, but I also think that for me it is probably best layered with something like O or Dana O'Shee to give it the sweetness kick to help play down the saffron.

In the bottle: very, very sugary sweet vanilla syrup, you can really smell the butter rum. On the skin, the buttery aspect is not as apparent, and it turns into a delicious vanilla over a soft, sweet sandalwood. It actually reminds me a bit of Antique Lace at this stage. After about an hour, it dries down to a beautiful sandalwood with a creamy vanilla undertone. All in all, fabulously beautiful and long lasting. I love it! I'm so glad I got two bottles of this; destined to be a BPAL classic! :P

In the bottle: Sugary vanilla with rum undertones

Wet, applied: This monster is a COOKIE monster! :P It smells like sugar cookies. Very sweet, needless to say.

Drydown: The cookieness disappears but the rum stays, and the sandalwood joins in. This is now more like a musky "oriental" type scent than foody.

Verdict: Yum. :D

MMmmmmm, underpants.

Monster Bait: Underpants is very sweet on me, with a lot of the sharpness of sugar I got from Sudha Segara. In this case, it's tempered by the creamy vanilla and caramelly-rich odors, as well as the saffron and sandalwood, rather than being sharpened more by the ginger in S.S. After many hours wearing this, it fades down but is still present, mellow and lovely. It reminds me of a really expensive cocktail made of liqueurs.

Bonus: I think this review will earn me my 69th reward point. *smirk*

The monster in *my* panties is a real woody --- sandalwood, that is. It begins like Red Lantern, but this scent is really all about the saffron and then the sandalwood, tempered in its dry woodiness by the vanilla cream and butter. It is a buttery sandalwood, rather than a sandalwoody butter, if you see what I mean. The vanilla drydown reminds me very much of the vanilla in Antique Lace. I'm not sure what I think of it yet. I think it needs to meld a little bit more.

I had a feeling that I'd like this just from reading the description (I'm SUCH a sucker for foody scents), and saffron and sandalwood really like me too. I couldn't quite imagine how they'd work together, but they DO.

In the vial: Vanilla, caramel and butter rum. *drools*

Wet: The sweetness of the vanilla and caramel stand out the most, followed closely by the booziness of the rum. The saffron and sandalwood are beginning to come out and play...

Drydown: Oh. My. GOD. Still caramel-y, buttery goodness, but the sandalwood and saffron are coming to the forefront, tempering the sweetness. The sandalwood note is really emerging, "drying" out the stickiness, and the spice is just PERFECT.

Later: It's still sweet, but the sandalwood and saffron are perhaps the most apparent on me. They're a perfect balance to the foodiness, and I LOVE the way they work together. It's stays pretty close to my skin--doesn't have a whole lot of throw--but Jeebus, is this ever a sexy oil.

Final verdict: Gorgeous. Perfect. Sure to be a highly coveted scent, and I'm going to have to resist the uge to slather, because as with all the Monster Baits, I keep asking myself, "WHY DID I ONLY ORDER ONE BOTTLE?" I still think I like Underbed better (who knew I loved coconut so much? Not me, that's for sure.) but I only have a drop or two of it left *sobs uncontrollably, while hoping she can find some more*, but at least I have Underpants to console me.

Underpants start like Red Lantern, then progress into Antique Lace, and have a Snow White drydown. No wonder it is that popular.

I get rich caramel, vanilla and rum when wet. Then saffron comes forward. At the dry state the saffron and sandalwood are at the center stage, smooth and buttery from ever present vanilla.

The throw is very decent, and the staying power is average – it took about 3-4 hours to completely disappear from my wrists.

Edited by weaver

For the first minute or so, I get the same caramely-sugary-vanilla goodness that others have mentioned. I love this stage.

After that, it turns to pure dryer sheets, something similar to the linen note in Antique Lace. So much that I can't smell anything else. Not even the sandalwood. I'm not sure which note to blame the dryer sheets on, but overall Underpants just isn't working for me the way Smut and Antique Lace do.

So I tried a drop in my scent locket. Same thing.

Apparently, I can't wear Underpants. :P

This is kind of a buttery saffron - and truth be told, that combination does not smell as good as one might think. I'm glad I didn't buy a bottle of it.

OMG!!! So excited my Panties arrived today. The bottle is beautiful :P

In the bottle: Rummy sandlewood, sweet. I was hoping it would be sweeter.

On: Same as in the bottle at first. After a few minutes, I get only sweet sandlewood. Then it turns to soap. Soapy sandlewood.

:D

Um, wow... I really love this!

Sweet and foody - just the way I like it! I am hopeless at picking the individual notes but I can definitely smell the creamy vanilla. Lots of creamy vanilla and a bit of grog! I am suprised with this one because normally scents with anything groggy in them turn yuck on me.

This is only the second ever BPAL that my other half has commented on (the other was Snake Oil). When he asked me what I was wearing I told him that it was Monster Bait: Underpants. He stared, jaw dropped to the ground. He thought I had said Masturbate Underpants!

Definitely keepin' this one!

Monster Bait: Underpants

In the bottle: vanilla caramel! Mmm, yummy. I also detect something reminiscent of Morocco. This is delightful!

Wet on skin: oooh, here comes the sandalwood, and the saffron, adding a gorgeous spicy aspect to the creamy vanilla-toffee scent.

Dry on skin: wow! This stuff is fabulous! It smells very much like Morocco and Antique Lace on my skin-it has the dry spicy sandalwood from Morocco, the creamy vanilla from AL, and just a touch of caramel and saffron. This scent is both warm and dry and also creamy as well. I swear I also get a tiny hint of musk and…AL's clean clothes note? Laundered lacy knickers even??? How appropriate! I also get a hint of the dusty scent that rum notes can turn to on my skin, but it's very small, and doesn't damage the scent in any way. At times, this scent reminds me of Midway as well.

After a while: this scent has throw! I get wonderful vanilla wafts around me when I wear this. After a short while it turns into this wonderful, wonderful scent which is, to me, a combination of Morocco and Antique Lace: sweet vanilla (in here it's like the finest vanilla ice cream!) draped in light caramel, with a spicy sandalwood base and hints of something almost like musk. Oh yeah, this is gorgeous. I want to lick/eat/shag my wrist. But right now, my nose is magnetically attracted to my wrist and won't come off…

It stays as this wonderful vanilla-sandalwood with a hint of spice for ages afterward. This scent is simultaneously exotic and sexy and also very comforting at the same time.

Verdict: believe the hype! Underpants (or as I call it, Knickers) is fantastic! Think a mixture of Morocco, Antique Lace and Midway with a little bit of caramel. It's delicious, exotic and incredibly sexy. Creamy, spicy, sweet, dry, woody, with hints of musk to it-and even a hint of clean clothes, which to me says clean undies! The sandalwood adds a lovely dry base to the delectable vanilla, saffron adds warmth, and the rum is barely there. Despite its foody notes, this scent isn't overly foody at all on me, which is a good thing. It also wafts very nicely so I'm always getting this beautiful vanilla-sandalwood scent around me even when I don't sniff my wrist! I absolutely adore this stuff and I wish I could get more! Now I'm thinking of some really cheeky layering combos for this: Underpants with Beaver Moon, Smut, Lick It, Eat Me…

Emoticon rating: :P

Edited by yeahbutnobut

Ok, my first review. I can do this because I am able to recognize the individual scents in this one.

Who indeed?

When I opened the bottle, I was reminded of one of my favorites, Hellcat. That was probably the vanilla cream and and rum.

A couple dots on my wrist and it was lighter and spiceier. Saffron immediately became dominant. What a delicious scent!

After wearing it for a couple hours the sandalwood has emerged and blended with the saffron, with the sweeter scents underneath to tantalize the senses.

I believe that Underpants will be another precious. Sexy spiceiness, sweet goodness and light enough to wear in the Spring/Summer.

Thanks BPAL, Love ya!!!

In the bottle: Yum. Just. YUM. Buttercream. Vanilla.

On wet: Still sweet buttercream, but there's the sandalwood peeking in a little giving it an interesting texture.

On drydown: Oh yes!!!! Still sweet vanilla. How I love vanilla. The sandalwood is just enough to keep it from being too sweet.

Overall: Pretty good throw on me, just lovely. Too bad it disappears after an hour or two. I never did detect any saffron on me, just that awesome vanilla-sandalwood.

In the vial and wet on my skin all I can smell is total butter rum!

As this dries down, Underpants stays pretty true to the first wiff - total and complete butter rum.

Completely dried down - I am pretty disappointed. The butter rum has faded almost completely. My favorite note of Sandalwood never did arrive and all that is left on my skin is the sicky smell of sugary saffron. (say that five times in a row!) Saffron doesn't like me...

Conclusion? I will keep the bottle and maybe try this again. I am keeping my fingers crossed that maybe my nose is off and the sandalwood is just hiding for now...great throw, long wear (fingers crossed for my next spin!)

ETA: About 3 hrs. later I started to smell something really sexy wafting around me and I was like WTF? So, I put my nose down to my wrist and Oh! this is so beautiful! The icky saffron had totally faded, the butter rum was lingering in the background and the top notes of the sandalwood and vanilla were awesome - kind of reminds me of a buttery vanilla Smut! I really don't know why it took so long to morph on me ? No matter though, I will just make sure I apply well in advance. It's 10am and it is still prominent on my skin.... Gorgeous!

Edited by Rhowan

Now I have the Underpants Gnome jingle stuck in my head ("We won't stop 'til we get Underpants, lalala"). I've had great success with Beth's foody blends, so I'm excited about this one.

In the vial I *only* smelled buttery rum, but this blooms gorgeously on my skin. The sandalwood is perfect for keeping it from being toothache-level sweet. It's quite alcoholish on me; the rum is as strong as in Grog. Once it clears a little, a wonderful buttercream note emerges. :P This is great! I think Brian will love it, and he'll probably wear it too. In fact, he may actually wear it more than I do, since rum scents are great on him. If so, I'll have to get in his underpants. :D

bottle:

sugar and vanilla

wet:

same, foodier than I hoped it would be…

dry:

sweet vanilla and sandalwood, getting slightly less sweet… I don't smell rum, but it is buttery…

overall:

undecided! Nice, but can be too sweet at times.

rating: 6/10

*eta: i may keep an imp for myself, but the rest of the bottle is promised, with several people getting first sniff this weekend, and one definite buyer if there is any leftover. sorry!*

Edited by HennaFairy

Yay, got my Undies Monster!!! Thank you Lab!

This is buttercream icing for the first five minutes, then dries down to yummy vanilla. GOOD vanilla, not the cheap drugstore lotion type vanilla. Just...yum.

I could swear I'm catching a whiff of the saffron, too, though my friends couldn't smell it. I don't explicitly smell the rum, though the whole thing does kind of remind me of a tropical alcoholic beverage (pina colada or similar), so I bet it's lurking in there somewhere. No sandalwood, alas, but this is quite nice. Not overtly sexual, like one might expect of a scent called Underpants, but more of a mellow, get-drunk-with-the-girls-and-gossip sort of scent.

In the imp: mmm, cake mix and vanilla.

On me, wet: whoa, the rum leapt out. This is now a greasy alcoholic vanilla cake - full of calories, probably delicious, but very very bad for for you.

On me, dry: rum, sugar, butter, sugar, vanilla and a bit more sugar. This has gone over-sweet on me. Sniffing this also makes my throat go dry - there's a powderiness under the sugary cakey glop.

Verdict: This is no doubt gorgeous on someone who is not me, but there's too much sugar in this for my skin.

In the bottle: Vanilla rum custard.

On the skin: The woody and saffron notes fill in underneath, without really changing the custard scent too much. This smells like a pretty girl eating custard cake with her hands and flirting with you. Very sexy.

In the imp: Pure vanilla buttercream frosting. Are you sure I'm not allowed to drink this? Sniffing again, I think I detect that boozy undertone of the rum.

Wet: The slightly dusty note of sandalwood is coming out now, as if I leaned past the frosting and got a whiff of the pantry itself.

Dry: The sweetness is almost gone; sandalwood and saffron are dominant, with just a hint of the butter and vanilla to mellow them out. Love!

straight sniff from imp is insanely sweet, tooth ache inducing sugary butter with a touch of rum...yum!!!

once it hits my skin the sandalwood combines with the sweetness making this one of beth's best (if not the best ever) gourmand scents ever created :P :D

as this wears the sandalwood just gets better and the sweetness tones down considerably; this is gorgeous....one of my all time favorites :D