Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
GypsyRoseRed

Enraged Bunny Musk

Extracted directly from the twitching nether-regions of the wild Eastertime bunny rabbit: a snarling, slavering, buck-toothed, fluffy, floppy-eared, horny-as-hell Springtime beast. Soft cotton blossom, white musk, baby's breath, clover and pale powder notes.
Inspired by Emzebel, by way of Heretic and Lycanthrope on the BPAL forum! This may be the Year of the Enraged Musks.

Am I the first to review this? Eeep. I can't find a thread for it, so I must be. I don't have the Lab description for this. so I'll just get right onto my .2 cents worth.. ;)

In the bottle, this is delicate and pleasantly sweet. Not the sickening, ate-a-whole-basket-of-Easter-candy kind of sweet. I can't put my finger on a single note, but it's definitely warm, mild and yummy..

Dry on my skin, it smells like lemon drops with a tiny bit of cotton candy. YUM.

ETA: This has a surprising amount of throw, and just keeps getting more lemony, but it's a soft lemon.. Mmmm..

Edited *again* to add.. almost 6 hours after the first application, this has gone from a cute easter bunny, to.. well.. a hot guy in a bunny suit. This is blending with my body chemistry to create a really unique and kinda sexy scent. It's like *skin* but with a hint of clean sweetness that's really natural. I know that probably doesn't make much sense but.. *sniff* Man, this stuff is good.

OMG ETA: This lasted over 8 hours on my skin. NOTHING ever lasts that long on me! This is my lucky day. :D

edited to add description - clover

bunny.jpg

Here comes Peter Cottontail! I've had that song stuck in my head since looking at this bottle. The Bunny starts off with a very strong lemony (or maybe lemongrass-ishy) note. I'm assuming that's the clover, but it smelled like the lemon Pledge I had to use to clean our piano when I was growing up. That note is very strong and it's all I could smell at first. After ten minutes, it's almost completely gone leaving behind a sweet, powdery soft musk. It's very light and spring-y. After about an hour, I could barely smell it on me at all, but I like subtle.

Light and fresh and very springy bunny-like. :P Enraged bunnies smell awfully cute and sunny!

It's hard to describe this one, beyond that. It's very light and clean, and it does remind me of fluff and fields of clover. There's a greeness to it, but also a wispy pink sweetness. It has a sunny, almost citrus-like quality to it as well, without actually smelling like a lemon definitively.

If you like light, fresh, clean scents, Enraged Bunny Musk is for you. I'm very much enjoying it on this sunny spring day. :D

Initial impressions: I know you, you rabid rabbit! I've met some of your notes before! It reminds me of the thing in the place that time when Dublin and Antique Lace had a bit too much to drink and woke up together, naked, in the middle of a field.

:P

In the bottle: CLOVER and white musk. It makes my nose tingle.

Wet: Is that what cotton blossom smells like? Oh that's awesome. It's like the Snuggle fabric softener bear gone on a binger. Very clean, very soft - and yes, I daresay a bit powdery. That herby bit reminiscent of Dublin peeks out a little, but mostly, its faded into the background – my uncultivated nose assumes that was the clover.

Drydown: “Green” notes make a brief second appearance, but they don’t stick around too long. If I could pick out a colour association, I'd say white, pale green and a bit of pale lilac. It's... fluffy. It's a fluffy scent; very soft, very forgiving, and very, very pleasant for spring.

Verdict: I might not keep the whole bottle, just because this isn't something I'd wear all the time. I do like it, however, and it makes a great, fresh spring scent.

3.5/5 on Medici’s Scale o’ Lurrrve

Ohhh, smells like the lovechild of Dorian and Pink Phoenix!

It's the best of both blends. :P

Soft flowers and herbs, and fluffy pink cotton candy. The musk adds warmth to the blend. It's light, sweet and soft, but not innocent, it has some bite.

This stays pretty much true to itself all day long. It has good throw, and lasts forever on my skin.

To sum it up in a sentence: "Awwww, look at that cute, fluffy little bunn-whoooOOA!" :D *steps back a bit*

ETA: As GypsyRoseRed said, this has sex appeal after a while!

ETA2: I gave this one away to my godmother, as it didn't suit me well although I liked its smell.

Edited by Merlu

In the bottle: Oh, this is a fresh spring day, alright! I already have the window open and the smell of new growth and flowers drifting in, and this scent perfectly complements them.

A little bit of Dublin, a little bit of Dorian. It's got the fresh, crisp tender budding scent from Dublin, but the musky, slightly lemony sweetness of Dorian. This is gorgeous. I don't mind the powdery notes at all -- it's a bit like what you might get from something with apple blossom in it.

Sunshine pouring over green grass, in a field of dandelion fluff and clover. There's still a bit of chill in the air in the shade so you snuggle deeper into a soft white shawl or sweater. The sugar-dusted lemon fades to a soft, downy musk brushed with spring flowers.

It's not overly floral and it's not overly powdery. I'd say that it's mainly a gentle, sweet white musk touched by lemon drops and pale spring blossoms. This will be the first bottle beginning with the letter "E" that I think I'll keep in my collection! It's really gorgeous and definitely makes the conceptual leap between Dublin and Dorian that I was hoping for.

Perfect spring blend...I am so glad I got it when the weather is perfect for it!

Rating (on skin): 3/5

Summarised in a word or two: Pretty.

In the bottle: Cotton blossom, musk, clover and powder. Reminds me of dryer sheets in a "Soft fresh bright light spring flowers"-esque scent.

On skin, wet: Eee, cotton blossom and powder. I'm not especially keen on cotton blossom. Fairly dislike it, even. There's something beneath that, though. Something soft and sweet; something smooth. I don't know what it is, but I wish it were much stronger.

On skin, dry: Oooh. The cotton blossom is much lighter, and that Something turns out to be a lovely mixture of white musk, clover and powder. I'm not usually a fan of something so very, terribly girly and almost white, but this...

Conclusion: This is pretty, all-in-all. Springy and fresh. Girly. Not particularly enraged. :P I really can't see this being in heavy rotation in my box, however. Glad to have gotten to test a wee bit of it, though.

[My eternal gratitude to Mistress Tera, who sent me an imp of white musk single note -- I got that imp two days before I got the EBM bottle, and I now I know exactly what white musk smells like (it smells slightly lemony and sweet on my skin before drying out to a powdery musk scent).]

EBM smells musky and powdery to me, but despite the lemony quality in the white musk single note, I get no lemons in EBM. It's sweeter and softer than I expected it to be. Rather feminine. 'Fraid I've got no idea what cotton blossom smells like... and I'm not really sure about clover either. But I do know that this smells fluffy and powdery and soft. It doesn't last very long, though (barely there after an hour).

This is not the type of scent I usually wear, but I like it anyway. Most of the other musk blends I have are quite dark -- this is a pleasant change for me, and I'm happy to have this bottle in my collection!

wow. Pale powder notes is right. It is very light, sweet and powdery. It is so pretty and nice. It doesn't change a lot from the bottle to my skin. It just gets much lighter. It isn't very strong, but I like it a lot. I'll just have to slather.

I love the label!

ETA: The more I wear it, the more I like it. It is becoming my favorite "soft" scent.

Edited by brownbear

At first, the lemony-powder notes were a bit too much for me, and I frowned. But then a few minutes passed, and suddenly I had this lovely white springy scent wafting lightly up from my wrists. It seemed innocuous enough, but I kept being drawn to sniff it. After a while, I could smell the musk from Dorian, and felt quite innocently sexy, in a way that only someone snuggled up close would be able to smell.

Overall, a calm & happy scent that will be perfect for gorgeous spring days like today.

This is a springtime version of Snow Bunny. The same citrus and powder notes are here, but the piney scent of Snow Bunny has been replaced by clover.

It starts out strong and citrus-y, but dries down fairly quickly to a musky cotton blossom and powder. That stage lasts for a looong time on me. It leaves a really good soap-and-skin scent on me for hours. I love it. The Bunny Musk and Snow Bunny are the only two LEs that have earned a second bottle in my collection.

In the bottle (love the label!), this smelled...mild. Like, way too mild. Hardly any smell at all.

Wet, it was all powder - not a sweet baby powder, but a dry talc.

Drying to Dry, there was a lemony tinge to it, slowly joined by a soft musk, with the powdery note underlying it all.

Conclusion: Hmm. I don't know if I like it or not. I don't really think it's for me, though. Off to swap.

ETA: Dryer sheets - that's exactly what this smelled like. And it had a really big throw, too.

Edited by harmonyfb

Oh lord! This smells so heavenly in the bottle. It sort of reminds me of a really subtle Buck Moon from the bottle...the way Buck Moon itself smells in its bottle :P

Wet: Yum! The musk is very much at the forefront. It's got that tingly spicey touch to it. I definitely smell the clover...sweet and green.

Drying: The clover really starts to pop out now. It almost remind me of citrus and bamboo from spirits of the dead, but more green.

After a while, the bamboo-like smell I was getting disappears and I'm left with a sweet clover lotion smell.

A little sharper than I was expecting, but still nice.

Edited by Rheliwen

in the bottle: soft, clean a slightly soapy edge.

wet: intresting light floral, w/ a clean edge.

as it dries it softens, i can detect a definite cotton blossom, and clover greeness, but it has something somewhat spicy reminecent of carnations, i think....*ponder* ahhh got it baby's breath, it is a soft white musky baby's breath w/ a green hint of fresh clover. it is spring personified, and i agree w/ the above poster it is a springtime snowbunny.

Bunneh!

In the bottle, this smells a little like a fruity bubble gum, definitely a bubblier, fun and flirty floral that feels fluffy and definitely pastel in tone. Wet on my skin it's definitely a sugared musk, reminding me of some of the brighter musk topnotes in Enraged Orangutan Musk... if I had to compare this to a general catalog aroma it'd be like Tenochtitlan, or perhaps the sweet slightly herbal amber-like scent of The Lion. Yes, that's it. This is like The Lion's grassy breath of amber.

Over time, this dries down on me just like The Lion, kind of a meadow musk, I'm not getting much of an overt floral with this mix, just a flouncy, ethereal, sugary and bounding musk.

... a good fifteen minutes later, there's something ferocious under this rabbit! I didn't expect it, but now there's a darker, more sinister reddish or blackish musk creeping up underneath the innocent exterior! How does she do it? It's just a faint touch, now... enough to suggest the red of its eyes, without sullying the kyoooootness of the fluffy fur.

Long term afterwards - this is very faint now. Like... even though it's not lotus, it's a brush of bubble-gum candy sweetness but that's it. :|

Edited by Lycanthrope

Another fortunate impulse/fun purchase.

Spirits of the Dead is on my top ten list and the Enraged Bunny is similar and maybe better. Maybe the victims of rabbit mayhem are haunting the larcenous lagomorph.

The Bunny is a little mellower, but with the same clean citrus feel. It is sweet rather than tart but not candyish or cloying. No tea, but no soap and not particularly powdery either. This will be great to wear as the weather warms up.

The April Fool's update sounded pretty silly at the time but it really rocked!

enragedbunnymusk.jpg

Welp, I wanted this one and I got it. I love love love the label and the concept. Perfect for this time of year.

I opened the bottle and carefully applied this magic juice. Lemongrass madness, as if the beast was springing upon me from a concealed underbrush and making for my throat! All the while, passionate powder was thumping away in the background like a backup band on dope. This wasn't any ordinary tweet wittle bun-bun. No, this was a furious god of fertility which was screwing everything in its path. It lasts a long time and does settle down to a powdery and sweet life on your skin and the lemongrass background lasts a long time as well, even if it does gracefully degrade into the chorus after its mad beginning. At last musk made its entrance, and a mighty musk it is, though used with a judicious hand and does not overstep it's limits.

I can only describe it as jelly beans laced with crank and carefully tucked into an Easter basket for some unsuspecting adult. Great fun, the perversion of all things twee and sugary.

Hot damn, how's a girl supposed to follow a bang-up review like Oly's above?!! :D

You know what Bunny Musk smells a little like to me---and it might just be the psychotropic effects mentioned above---but it smells like one of my fave Lush bath bombs ever: Harvey!

I'm not sure I can pick out the difference between cotton blossom, baby's breath or clover in a blend, but the overall effect is of soft springtime floral greenery. Yet this doesn't seem like a 'floral' to me at all---maybe that's due to the yummy white musk.

And even though I was wary of the 'pale powder notes,' this did not go powdery on me. Go figure.

Hours later, it's the smell of Cadbury mini eggs (the shells), spring-ish flowers, and Beth's crazy-good white musk. It's positively pastel on my skin, in the best way possible.

So glad I hopped ahead and bought another bottle of this while it was still available. :P

In Bottle: Lemon and cotton

On Skin: This is a very clean, light and softly sweet scent. It’s slightly perfumey and quite beautiful. I love the contrast it has with Enraged Orangutan Musk, that one is so dark whereas Bunny is so bright and springlike. This scent is innocent compared to the sexiness of EOM. I’m usually not a fan of lemon, but this isn’t that “lemon Pledge” note. This is more real and fruity, a pale yellow and violet pastel feel. Very spring and flowers in a meadow… I love the clean cotton blossom note with the clover sweetening it up. The powder is also light, not cloying or too dry which I’m happy about since super powdery notes make me sneeze. I really like this scent and am eager to find an occasion to wear it. Good throw and an above average wearing length.

I have a peculiar relationship with Beth’s white musk. When fresh it entirely takes over any blend it’s in, eats all the other notes, then implodes, leaving just the faintest not-quite-me scent behind (the only way I can tell it’s the musk I’m smelling and not my natural scent). Sometimes with a little age it can be persuaded to let the other notes alone and function as a clean base for them, like a good little musk. I’m just now beginning to be able to wear Night’s Pavilion and enjoy the Nile lily sometimes.

I’m seriously hoping that is what happens with Enraged Bunny Musk, because when I first apply it, it’s beautiful, sweetly green, slightly astringent without being sharp, and absolutely perfect for warm weather. I think it must be the clover or cotton blossom that lends the citrusy scent, as it doesn’t smell strong enough to be either verbena (which I adore) or lemongrass (which I dislike), and it isn’t masculine enough to be bergamot (which I like, but can’t wear if it’s a main component and/or not mixed with something very sweet and girly). Anyway, far more herbal than flowery, but sweet without being cloying.

I never get to the powdery notes, because the musk revs up almost immediately, swoops in and envelops all the nice greenery and sweetness, then backs down the rabbit hole, growling, taking them with it. Within 15 minutes all I have is a faint memory of that not-quite-me clean musk. It’s nice, but there are catalog white musk scents I can get if all I want to smell like is freshly showered, or I could, you know, take a shower…

I’m going to keep this bottle and let it mull quietly in a cool dark place for a few weeks or months, to see if the musk settles down and lets the other notes out to play for more than 5 minutes.

I must have wierd chemistry. On me it smells like the opening of Silk Road (which I really like), but stronger, or like the tea undercurrent of Kumiho. So I guess I'm associating it with tea. It is soft, sweet, a bare hint of lemon if I really try to find it. It isn't powdery on me at all (except now that it has been on 5 hours, it has an edge of powder to it, but not baby powder, but powdered sugar!). White musk usually ends up smelling "off" on me, but not this time. It is light, but lasts for hours, and wafts well.

Right now, I like it. Perhaps one day I might love it, or I might end up hating it. I'll have to try it again to find out!

Oh, I also wanted to say that I don't think this is anything like Snow Bunny, which hated me to pieces! :P If Snow Bunny hated you, you might still like this. :D

enragedbunny.jpg

Bottle: This reminds me of the lemony bits of dorian. Its much sweeter than I expected, and I can't smell the powdery notes (which is promising, since they *almost* kept me from ordering this blend). Its much sweeter than I expected--like cold pink lemonade on a hot day.

Wet: On, this is immediately lemon. Sweet lemon--like a lemon candy. Lurking under that is a greeness, and also a hint of powders (I can do a hint). This is whispery, sunny, and really delicate. Enraged bunnies are apparently much more pleasant than enraged jewelbugs....

Drying: In about 20 mins, the lemony smell fades, and so does the "pink" smell. My skin has turned this into something just a little bit spicy. I have no idea where that's coming from. In any case, this blend ends like a very light, green version of silk road--think a spicy green tea, ever-so-slightly sweetened. Its really beautiful.

Overall: I'll be honest--I expected not to like this--florals/powders usually turn me off--but I ordered it anyway because it was a forum exclusive. Quite unexpectedly, the bunny really showed me who was boss :D .

I'm uber-thrilled that I have a spring/summer version of silk road (one of my many faves). Thank god I ordered this instead of letting a few notes scare me away!

I think I owe Beth an apology for ever doubting :P !

This is lots less powdery than I feared it would be. It is a delicate sweet scent, very fresh and there's a note that is mostly lemony (what IS it in this that says "lemon"? I know it's not actually lemon... it's just something that my nose interprets as lemon, if that makes sense!) There's a soft, soothing scent to it. I notice that on me, it gets stronger dry. Then it fades in about 3 hours. Which isn't too bad for a soft scent like this one. I like Underpants better but I'm definitely enjoying the bunny. It'll definitely be one I won't worry about wearing to work. The bunny, for all it's rage, is pretty soothing. I'd give it a 4 out of 5.

I will start off with saying I expected to hate this, but bought it just because of the concept and name.

As always, Beth has proven me wrong.

In the bottle- the musk from Oisin and the lemon from Dorian.

Wet- Lemon! Not sharp, biting citrus lemon, but sweet lemonade lemon.

Dry- Soft and fuzzy but strong, if that makes sense. The lightest musk I have ever encountered, with notes that bring to mind marshmallows and sweet lemons (it doesn't make sense but thats what it smells like, dammit).

This is a perfect spring blend. Light and foofy and happy. This scent is the unbearable cuteness of a baby bunny bouncing across a field.

Dear Enraged Bunny:

If you are the Ur-Bunny, the King of Bunnies, Bunny-who-knows-and-sees-all, then I understand why you are enraged.

And I understand you have reasons to be enraged at me: I did, after all, let my dog Toby kill one of your young off-spring (but only because he'd already injured it).

All this is a way of saying I understand why you might be enraged, and why your rage, in particular, might make your musk rather...um....disagreeable?....to me.

But I had high hopes for you, perhaps because I thought of you as Bunny rather than enraged. I was hoping for sugared lemon, cool icy lemonade, with a bit of warm musk.

You start out sweet--even overly sweet, like lemon drop candies, or in the imortal words of Oly, like jelly beans on crank. For me the lemon in this sweetness could be lemongrass (as Oly noted) or it could be lemon balm--either way it doesn't scream actual lemon to me. After a moment, though, its all sweet lemon....er....soap? I'm afraid so. You go very soapy on me very quickly.

The next stage isn't bad, and I do see the comparisons to Silk Road--there's a spice in this that is a bit appealing. The white musk is also noticeable, and I also compared it directly to white musk single note, and I realize part of what I interpret as spicy and reminding me slightly of Silk Road is white musk (which actually may or may not be in Silk Road). It doesn't go too powdery on me, though I would welcome that. It also fades fast--I tried it around noon, and by 3 I couldn't smell it anymore.

Overall, Enraged Bunny, I see that you do not love me, though perhaps you do not hate me either. Perhaps you're offended that I SO wanted you to smell, tart and tangy sweet like Fresh Lemon Sugar; I couldn't take you on your own merits. Still, I'm thinking I have bad-bunny karma, and perhaps I will send you on to a more loving home.