Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
thedragoncharmer

Yemaya

... Her ofrenda is a bounty of melons and grapes, strewn with the petals of the flowers of motherhood, draped with sea mosses.

This is very reminiscent of watermelon & grape Bubble Yum, somehow swirled together. And yet there's some layering to it - I keep sniffing my wrist and it's never quite the same scent twice! It's lovely, and absolutely full of melon, and the sugariness is definitely there. I'm very unsure about whether it's a bottle buy, but I'm NOT swapping the imp off. Edited by Shollin

in the imp, it smells deliciously of melon and something like tart but fruity maybe the green grapes?) --in a candy sort of way...

on me, wet, it stays that way...

disappears on the dry down to nothing....which is fine, because it means I can try something new! I liked this, but it didn't see very different--reminded me (forgive me, please!) of something from bbw when i worked there 8000 years ago.

also--and this is only true of my cleavage area--it sort of has the same undertinge of fermented fruit that Bon Vivant had...my mom didn't smell it, but I am haunted by it:(

I like this and will keep the imp for home fragrance needs!

Glorious!!! Melons, my favourite honeydew in fact... and then the magic. It starts to deepen, become husky, sultry, throaty. It softens too quickly, but is so magnificent I just don't care. I have purchased a big bottle and shall slather to my hearts content. This might be the scent that inspires me to make myself a scent locket. Oh this is love... :P

In the imp: Intense melon - like a honeydew, cantaloupe, and watermelon salad! :P

On wet: Sweet, melon-y, something that I *think* is grape, but I can't be sure...

Drydown: Pure fruity candy! The kind that's all innocent sugar on your tongue...just before it gives you that full-mouth-pucker-blast of surprise sourness. There's definitely a swipe of tartness buried under all that bright melon, and a slight floral softness, too. Makes for an interesting mix, if a tad too sweet for me.

Overall: A very youthful, fun scent - perfect for warm, sunny days. I'm not much of a fruit-fan - at least not the uber sweet, somewhat girly variety - so this isn't quite right for me. My sisters, on the other hand - sugary and melony scent devotees - will likely adore it. 3/5

In the imp: Honeydew Melon

On Skin: Honeydew melon

On Drydown: Honeydew melon candy, slightly sweeter

After two hours: The melon aspect wears off a bit, but it's still sweet, youthful and pretty. This reminds me to eating melons on a hot day and the juicyness just drips over your fingers.

Verdict: Sunny, youthful and definitely fruity. I don't fancy honeydews (not my favorite fruit) but this is a light and sweet scent that I'd recommend for children or young girls.

Sweet delicious melons starting off. Have you ever tried Melon Soda? It's a brand of soda in Japan that well smells almost like this. Kind of effervescent and light.

I love the beginning stages of this perfume, so sweet and light. I want to gnaw my arm off, but the mosses I think turn the perfume a bit sour for me. It's kind of making me sick unfortunately, and this one needs to be washed off.

I'm disappointed that this one isn't for me, but in the future I hope that someone will appreciate this more.

Well I again I don't know what I can say that people haven't said already so I'll try and keep it short.

Erm. When wet YES, this is definately pure melon on me, not Watermelon...but more honeydew or Canteloupe. I don't get any grape at all...which I wish I did because that would have been interesting.

The Melon smell doewsn't last throughout though, this does dry down completley different on me...it turns into an Aquatic floral (Which I'm not usually too fond of) which just to me smells very...generic.

It's probably me just not having a trained nose, but. It doesn't smell like anything special.....I seem to always want the Melon back hehe! :P .

It's very pleasant and fresh...but the wet stage is much nicer than the drydown for me!

This is just yummy. I got it as a Frimp, and will hopefully get more in the future. I love the smell of honeydew so much. It's so crisp and clean.

In the imp: This smells like a cross between fresh melon and Bubbalicious. Watermelon Bubbalicious.

On the wrist: More Bubbalicious than fruit. A hint of florals. Getting the grape now. Grape Bubbalicious. Maybe that Bubble Tape stuff. I can't decide if I like this or not. I also can't decide if I want to chew my wrist or not.

Drydown: Fruity gum goodness. *nods* I think I may keep this for when I want to smell like a teenager. Or a piece of gum.

Yay! Starts happy fruity!! Kind of melon with a teensy bit of citrus. Sweet, and happy! It settles into sweet with fruity overtones. I thought it would not last long, but it’s lingering nicely. Keep

In the vial - Honeydew and cantaloupe melon surrounded by warm and soft notes, including a floral I can't quite identify.

Wet on the skin - Although the melon notes are deliciously juicy and lavish, there's something faintly sour in this blend that emerges on the skin. Hopefully it'll disappear in time.

Next stages - What an incredibly quick morpher! Within the space of a minute, a salty and ozonic note has crested atop the fruit. It's very oceanic and is very atmospheric and evocative of this Orsiha and her associations.

Dry down - The aquatic notes soon settle into the background once again and the blend softens to a sweet, syrupy concoction of melon and green grape. I think this one would be lovely as a room scent too.

Similar scents - Yemaya reminds me almost of a tropical version of Titania, with all the lovely fruit notes but lacking the frosted quality of the fairy queen's scent.

this is so sweet and candy-like. it smells so deliciously sugary- the melon is fresh and juicy but the grape is a candy-like, bubble gum sort of grape and i don't know about you but that is my favorite kind of grape.

In the imp: Feh. Cloyingly sweet. Ack. This stuff goes on my body?

Wet: OMG an explosion of honeydew goodness. How can something that smelled so awful in the imp smell so heavenly in the open air? Oh, right, the concentration. I'm not getting any of the grape notes.

Dry: Oh, wow. Salt. There is an undernote of the ocean, salty and tangy. This cuts the sweetness of the melon and makes it more interesting.

Slightly above average throw, this will need to be reapplied during the day.

Note: this is the exact combination of scents that also appears in prosciutto e meloni, but I do not smell like an appetizer.

Yep, this one works really well on me.

comepletely and toally Honeydew! Fee-lovers take note, this one smells like Fee's older, brawnier sister.

I also seem to smell some canataloupe and an added sweetness that i can't place, it's amost a candy sort of jolly-rancher scent mixed with a sort of sharp freshness. it's sweet and melony but somehow also bouyant and bubbly.

Man, out of the imp, it's a melon onslaught. Smelling salts got nothin on this. However, it calms down pretty quickly and mellows to a pleasant melon/floral combo. Still, its aroma catches in the back of my throat every time I sniff, and not in that good way, so I'm casting it off to swaps.

In the imp: oh, gorgeous. The melon isn’t a clear note, but they’re sweet and lovely.

On the wrist: heady throw. The fruits combine with a slight tang to the sweetness. I can get a waft of floral, but can’t identify it.

Half an hour: This is a happy marriage of fruit and floral. The throw has lessened on drydown, but it’s still unutterably gorgeous. I think it might tail off really fast, though. Time will tell.

Hour and a half: It’s retained the same lovely fragrance, but it’s so muted I have to inhale my wrist. Even so, 8/10 for being exquisite.

imp: after one sniff i find myself yearning for honeydews. i wonder why? :D

wet: i'm sure someone is going to think i've just gorged on melons if i walk around with this scent on. but who cares? this puts a smile on my face every single time i sniff it.

dry: the melon here is ripe and sweet and juicy. i think htere might be some other fruit here but it's all melon on me. added for the bottle list!

:P

wow melon! This is fruity with a teeny bit of floral. Sweet. I like it. After a bit it calms down and gets much lighter. It's still lots of honeydew.

oooh this is my new favourite summer scent!

At first Yemaya is all melon, but as the melon recedes the grape and moss provide more complexity. It's more tangy-sweet than sugar-sweet, which is great.

I don't usually buy GC bottles unsniffed, but I'm really glad I got this one.

Yemaya is all melon on me, and after time the grape comes into play. I really like the oakmoss' contribution in here because it keeps the melon from becoming sticky or too-sweet. Instead it has a calm, comforting, mellow, nurturing vibe to it. I keep this on hand and it makes a great room scent, especially in the summer months.

Wet, and fresh on the skin, this is a fantastic fruit salad made out of cantaloupe, honeydew, athena melon and pineapple. I love it and kind of want to gnaw off my skin.

Then, drying down, I start to catch whifs of purple sweet tarts. Dry, this alternates between a very subtle melon scent and a cloying sweet tarts scent. I would love it if it stayed the former, but unfortunately the latter ruins it for me.

in the imp: honeydew melon!

wet on skin: more honeydew melon! only now it reminds me of the japanese honeydew candy i sometimes get. :D

dry down: like melon candy, but not too sugary!

in all: like melon? love Yemaya!

:P

Sweet melon in the imp. On, it's still sweet and I was trying and trying to place what smelled so familiar. It finally hit me--it smells like the melon-flavored poprocks I'd eat as a kid. There's the sweet fruit, but there's something underneath it (grape and something else?) that's a bit higher-pitched and underneath it. Kind of like poprocks.

From the imp: Fresh melon! Honeydew, but also something else, might be the grape, might be a combination of several different melons.

Wet: Lots of melon! Sweetness is starting to come out and the melon dies down for a bit.

Dry: It smells sweet, very candy-like. It does smell a lot like asian melon candy with a touch of grape on me. I'm not sure if I like it on me, but it would probably make a nice summery room scent.