Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
misspissed

Vixen

Lascivious, flirtatious, and vampy as hell. A true heartbreaker’s perfume. The innocence of orange blossom tainted by the beguiling scents of ginger and patchouli.

First Impression: Strong, almost liquor-like scent, the orange blossom is prominant. Like Grand Marnier spiked with patchouli.

On initial wear: Still pretty strong, but softened up quite a bit. The orange has faded a bit, and now the ginger and patchouli are peeking out.

After dry down: It has been over an hour, and the scent is still pretty strong. Now, all 3 prominant notes are pretty balanced - the orange, ginger and patchouli are blended in harmony.

I was a little worried that the scent wouldn't work on me, that it might be too hard. But after actually wearing it for a while, it has become softer and absolutely lovely. It's the perfect amount of spice mixed with citrus, completely balanced. Definitely a sexy scent, and great winter scent. This one's a keeper .... I am going to try it out as a room scent, too.

I tried this last night and gotta say.......LOVE it. I'm a Libra so why wouldn't I love a scent that's described as vampy as hell, true heartbreaker and flirtatous, or for that matter ....just the name Vixen. I love ginger, patchouli and orange blossom so I loved this, but I have to admit that prior to smelling it, I had my doubts about wearing all 3 together. It is dark and spicy just like I like my fragrances, but has the touch of orange blossom to offset it. It lasts pretty long also, but the drydown is quite a bit softer with a bit of ginger biting out at you!! This is another one of my favorites. Great Job, Elizabeth!! You couldn't have described this one any better.

This one is a perfect example to me that you shouldn't sniff these perfumes from the bottle, but they really need to be worn on the skin. From the bottle it smelled way to sharp and patchouli-ish to me, but on my skin it mellows out beautifully. A very warm, almost sweet scent. I can detect a hint of vanilla, but that's probably just my nose! Sexy.

I have to agree the difference between the scent in the bottle and on is pretty astounding. In the bottle it was a sharp scent, and I wasn't sure I would like it. However, I took a chance and wore it for date-night with my DH. It was perfect, a scent to make me feel hot and to remind my husband that his good little wife was once a flirtatious vixen! This is a very sexy scent with the orange blossom mixing with the spicy patchouli and ginger to a warm spicy floral mix that just exudes not necessarily sex but more like serious flirtation. This is a wonderful scent!

First smelling: The orange comes through strongest at first. Then the ginger and patchouli. Its has a floral smell but with a bit of bite. Very strong smelling but I like it.

After wearing it: I totally agree with other comments. It smells totally different on the skin. The orange blossom is very light and the ginger and patchouli are very strong. Very warm, deep and unusual smell. A womanly and sexy smell. Very very nice.

I loove this one. At first, the patchouli is dominant, but there is that sweeter, dark chocolate orange hint. As it dries down, the ginger takes prominence, with the dark and the sweet providing gorgeous, shadowy substance.

If anyone's eaten crystallised ginger dipped in dark orange chocolate - particularly Green and Black's Maya Gold, a fab organic high cocoa chocolate, this is sort of what it's like. But more pervasive and lots sexier.

It's like draping your naked self in velvet...a voluptuous and seductive scent.

Initial Sniff: This is very strong in the bottle. The patchouli dominates and the orange blossom smells more like a bitter orange zest.

Wearing: Like everyone else has said, this is totally different on the skin. Initially, all three notes were equally balanced (orange blossom, patchouli and ginger) but distinct. On my skin, they quickly meld into a sweet mix that is almost vanilla-like, but an orange/ginger vanilla. The patchouli fades into the background but is still there providing depth.

Final Thoughts: This is a very sexy scent - like Lush's Karma got a pair of thigh-high stilletto-heeled boots, red lipstick, and a heroin habit. I might have to have more of this...

Edited to add - Love Potion Effectiveness: Ok, I definitely need to have more of this! The boyfriend literally pounced upon me this evening, telling me how great I smelled, and, well, maybe TMI but I had a really great night!

Oooooh, this one is gorgeous on! I have come to the conclusion that as I try the scents, I will not smell myself for at least five minutes in order to get the true scents because this is a perfect example of a BPAL that smells entirely different on your skin vs. in the vial. Very long-lasting, and once it dries down it smells very potent-yet-soft (if that makes any sense), a bit powdery, a bit spicy, very sexy.

I spent almost two days pondering what this scent reminds me of. And yesterday evening, i got it!...

It´s slightly similar to Guerlain Shalimar. Not when wet, but say after about two hours.

Initialy it´s a nice orange smell, mixed with chocolate. It´s very special and sexy. And as i loved Shalimar, i love this one even better :P

My body chemistry wreaked havoc with Vixen. It seemed really promising, both from the description and for the first thirty seconds of wear. It was warm and sexy like Pulse Points, but with a snap to it - which I'm sure was the ginger.

Unfortunately, the ginger just kept gaining ground. In five minutes, I was a cloud of grated ginger root - sharp, biting, and very unsexy.

I take complete responsibility for this. The scent started out just like everyone else's description, and I thought it would be heavenly. It apparently is, just not on me. :P

jj_j, you're not alone.

First Impression: In the bottle Vixen smelled like a tempting liquer, had to stop myself from wanting a taste.

Second Impression: The opposite of sexy. On me, it turned into dried up Old Lady. I only applied the smallest drop but it over took me.

Final Analysis: Utter disappointment! I enjoy all three notes but not in this particular potion. Chemistry :P

First sniff: Vixen is sharply, juicy orangey with something red and pulsing underneath.

Wearing: This orange is more wet than the others have been, and more of a dark red-orangey sunset colour. I smell soft ginger right away, more of a gingersnappy ginger than the biting root-scent of Siren. There’s a definite earthiness about it, very warm earth that reminds me of walking (barefoot again!) through my grandfather’s vegetable garden after he’d done some digging and the soil was all warm-dry and crumbly under my feet. The ginger went sharper and more pronounced as the night went on. I like it muchly.

When I sniffed Vixen from the bottle I could smell the strong patchoulie fragrance. The drydown is a lot like snake oil just a little stronger, so to me if you know what snake oil smells like you also know what vixen smell like. I like it. I use it for when I go out clubbing with friends! :P

Very sharp orange and ginger on my skin.. funny, it didn't smell this sharp in the bottle. It's too heavy for my taste, and although I love them seperately, my skin doesn't like it.

Body chemistry I guess. Oh well. It smells like Snake Oil but without the sweetness, which is a pity, because that's why I enjoyed Snake Oil so much.

It was worth a shot anyway.

I received this from a generous swapper, and wowsers, is this ever strong! Huh. I get the sexual sharpness I find in O, a sharp note that's slightly foody and slightly bedroom shenanigans. It's slightly orangey, and there's a sharpness that much be the ginger, but it doesn't smell much like fresh ginger root on me. I don't get any patchouli, or at least not the earthy patchouli that I'm used to. Very strong, long-lasting. It's much too much for me, however, and I think it's just my chemistry's fault. Mine is pretty damned peculiar.

Edited by with coffee spoons

I loved this! It was indeed quite sharp in the imp and when I first applied it, but then it seems like the patchouli sort of grounded the sharpness of the ginger and made it more well-rounded and warm.

It's very sexy, very womanly. I don't detect the orangeness very well now that it's dried down a little, but there is something bright mixed in there, and I'm thinking it must be the orange.

Mmmm...I can pick out the neroli, ginger and patchouli from Vixen it I try, but if I don't try it's a gorgeous, thick, syrupy, complex scent that dries slowly and lingers for a REALLY long time. I love this, because even though it's complex it doesn't remind me of anything I've ever smelled. BPAL is really making me disdain department store perfume, which I don't think I'll ever buy again even if I could afford it.

I think Vixen and Siren are sisters, with Vixen being the slightly more sophisticated and experienced of the two.

Mmm - grrr! (that was a foxy grr, by the way!) Vixen had me feeling confident, sexy and earthy, without any sense of 'try hard'.

I love all the notes which were combined perfectly in Vixen. I tend towards the hippy side of things, and while I don't usually wear jewelrey, I felt like festooning myself with amber and silver while I was wearing this!!

Final Thoughts: This is a very sexy scent - like Lush's Karma got a pair of thigh-high stilletto-heeled boots, red lipstick, and a heroin habit. I might have to have more of this...

My parents were hippies, but of the right-on, clean-living kind. I could imagine girls wearing Vixen to the kind of parties they /didn't/ go to, if that makes sense!!

-fallow deer

This to me smells almost exactly like Snake Oil in the bottle. On me, it continues to smell like it, but less cloying, which is fabulous, as I loved Snake Oil, but it was just too heavy on me. I don't quite understand this, as there is apparently no vanilla in Vixen, but I'm not the only one who smells it, so I can't be TOO nuts. :P I love Vixen; very sexy in a slightly trampy way. Good to have around for those moments...

On initial application, ginger parties up a storm (sorta like Paris Hilton). After a long, long while, the ginger is boozed into a stupor, which lets the orange blossom come out. On a good day, Vixen turns into a not-quite-as-good version of Snake Oil. Much lighter and more powdery (a tiny bit soapy, but then, it's so light when it hits the Snake Oil doppelganger mode, I can't really tell). On a bad day, the ginger fest wakes up after a nap, and apparently having hooked up with orange blossom, parties on with orange blossom by its side.

I love to wallow in this scent, preferably in semi-darkness and scantily clad.

It is immediately heavy and rich like the way oil feels on your skin (almost liquor-like, as others mentioned), and the only scent I can really pick out is the orange flower.

As it dries and matures, it suffuses my skin with a sensual warmth owing to the patchouli, etc. The orange flower is still noticeable but it is so well blended that individual notes are hard to distinguish.

The overall effect is an intoxicating, luscious, pulsating glow. Highly recommended! :P

Edited by Astra

Sniffing this in the vial, I was not impressed - it smelled like straight patchouli and that is what first came through wet on me, with a very hippie-ish heavy incense smell. Then the ginger came on and it dried down into something bold and challenging, yet sweet. As the day wore on, I got more and more attracted to it and now I find it irresistible. It reminds me a lot of a Chanel perfume, Coco Mademoiselle. I love blends that are completely new to me, yet make perfect olfactory sense and this is one. This is a very self-assertive scent and makes a great fall perfume.

Edited by Nepthys

Vixen is one of those oils that just keeps growing on me. The first time I wore it, I really didn't like it, the ginger was way too strong. But I was on my way out so I left it on and after about an hour, it started to smell just plain yummy. The ginger was softening and the orange blossom was emerging. We had to drive almost two hours to where we were going and by the time we arrived, what must be patchouli (although it smells more like myrrh to me) developed and I felt really sexy. When I walked in, I immediately got several complements on my perfume, which is always a good sign!

The next few times I wore it, I was still bothered by the ginger during that first hour, but now I actually look forward to its kick. I think that strong note was so new to me, my nose didn't know what to make of it but now it craves it. I am also getting that lovely vanilla aroma others are mentioning, it happens several hours into the drydown. I adore Vixen now and want to get a big bottle or at least work to always have an imp on hand.

In the bottle, orange blossoms and patchouli, a nice spiced and kicked-up scent.

On me: this mellowed into a quasi-vanilla scent reminscent of snake oil on me, but a bit lighter and more ginger spiced. I can still smell the orange blossoms and patchouli but not the ginger on me. I like it, but I don't like it enough to replace my precious bottle of snake oil which is my "love me worship me" scent.

Fortunately, I have a certain friend with the nickname of vixen who I think will adore this so I'm mailing it to her.

In the Bottle: And what a pretty bottle it is, with black strings like my Tarot oils. Vixen is orange with the spiciness of patcholi, but once you take you nose away, ginger seems to fill your nostrils. I've liked ginger in the imps so far.

On Me: The spicy orange reminds me of sticking cloves in an orange fro Christmas. But there is the delicious smell of ginger behind it, a lovely smell that makes me want sushi! This is playful and sinfully sweet and sexy.

Oh....now I'm hungry. :P