Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
anomie

Osun

... Her ofrenda is thick with honey and herbs of love, passion and desire.

from the imp, smells like rakia, alcoholic drink made in my country, but this one smells like the apricot one. :lol:

wet on skin, honey and lots of fruits (mostly sour, cherry maybe?), no herbs. and for the next hour or so it stays sour honey and then fruit goes away, all I'm left with is honey. now it's too cloying and I don't think I can pass the sour stage every time I put it on me, so off to swap pile. Edited by milica

In the imp: Smells like Persephone.

On the skin: At first it's all honey and grape pop rocks candy with roses! lol! As it dries it gets a little less sugary and I agree with the above forumite who compared Osun to fresh raw clover honey! Even though this is a honey blend, it is really different from the other ones I've smelled from BPAL and I think I rather prefer Osun to higher pitched honey blends like O. On the drydown I get the aforementioned clover honey drizzled over ripe bright berries with a bouquet of roses. Wonderful!

Imp: honey and something I can’t out my nose on

Wet on Me: woah too sweet! The honey gets overpowering on

me the second it hits my skin

Drying Down: Wow…honey is just too sweet for my nose. I’m

not getting anything but this honey my skin seems to amp. No

herbs or anything.

Dry: Honey. I want to love honey, but I amp honey into sweetness

overdrive. I am glad I got to try this but it might be better loved

somewhere else.

Imp: Thick, drippy honey

Wet: Mostly herbs and rose, strangely. I like it so far!

Drydown: So herby! Sweet from the honey, maybe some floral accent, but this is all about the herbs.

Overall: I'm a fan, but I'm not sure it does anything for me that some of the scents I already have don't. I'll hang on to the imp and see if it catches my attention in the near future, since this really is a cool honey scent.

After a full day's wear: Well it did catch my attention againl. I wanted a honey scent with a little more to it than Tiger Lily on a hot sunny day, so I gave Osun another whirl. With a full slather and plenty of time on the skin, I saw a whole new side of it. The herbs backed off but didn't disappear. I also got a lot more honey (always a good thing) and the prettiest, most romantic pseudo-rose I've ever smelled. It's a beautiful scent and a must-try for honey lovers. Officially on the "big bottle list."

Edited by CynicalPink

This was mostly sweet green herbs on me. The honey wasn't particularly deep, but the herbs lent a light freshness to the blend. It was pleasant, but on me not anything memorable.

wet - strong! definite honey - It has a "voodoo"-ish vibe, and to me it shares some connecting lines with "Queen" from the conjure Bag series. Only Queen is herbs turned to baby powder and Osun is much more organic.

up close it smells bit like a type of medicine syrup I was given as a kid. not a bad thing, but not something I'd like to smell like. This needs to be appreciated from a good few inches away.

There's some kind of floral or fruit there, I'm not sure I can recognize it by name, but I'm sure it's there.

as it dries it mellows out and the slightly medicinal quality goes away. At that moment it starts smelling like Kali after the chocolate and wine have died down. Honey and flowers, and good stuff. There may be lotus in this, you know?

I'm going to sleep and I'll see what it smells like in the morning.

Morning - dry: It faded considerably by 10 AM. There's just a faint trace of it as I woke up. it still smells like the more fresh stage of Kali, which is great.

I like Osun better than Kali on the drydown. Sweet and feminine, very womanly, I like it. This imp is a keeper.

The pretty soft honey is right there. This is a honey made by bees who frolic with exotic flowers. I want to bathe in this.

Imp: Sweet, watered-down honey and huge bouquets of wildflowers! And maybe some fruits, too, cantaloupe and sweet white grapes and roses and the sweet smell of drying herbs. Maybe even some almonds. Truly good enough to eat.

Wet: At first, it's like it's almost not there. Then, after a minute or two, this gentle swell of sweet wildflower-- orange blossom and clover-- honey rises to meet my nose. It's incredibly soft, and lovely, and smells like it's just a natural part of me. Underneath it all I can smell roses and white grapes or maybe a dry wine, two notes that are notoriously bad on me, and here they're completely well-behaved. There might be some orchid in this too, I am getting a beautiful translucent floral overlaid on top, and the wet squish of melon. Definitely a bountiful summer scent. I think I also get a whiff of aloe or lavender.

Dry: Sadly, something in here eventually goes a little bit sharp, a little bit sour, and more than a little powdery, which is really too bad because I was totally digging it. It's not enough to entirely ruin the blend but it is noticeable. It is Shark Week for me so perhaps that's what's doing it-- I will definitely keep the imp and give it another go, because Osun started out absolutely gorgeous, and I'm disappointed that she didn't follow through.

imp: sweet florals. there is one note in particular which is flowery and strong. it just impales my nostril with scent.

wet: i wish i knew what floral i was smelling here, it's terribly strong (almost too strong). anyway, it's totally honey dipped floral.

dry: this has an almost candy-ish/floral scent once dry, so much nicer than the wet phase. not honey at all.

Imp: Pineapple Cream. Yum

Wet: Starting to smell like tart pineapple.

Drydown: Starting to go "Pledge". This is going sharp and sour.

Overall: This didn't work on me. It started out smelling sooooo good. :rantrave:

Ugh. The herbs drown out anything else. Not a good scent on me. Sad, because I LIKE HONEY. Osun, why do you do this to me?

in the imp: sweet, sweet, sweet. I get green floral with a very slight hint of tang of honey aftershock.

on the wrist: much darker. I'm getting dark nights, possibly storms, though no ozone. On the right wrist, mint and possibly a hint of sage. On the left, I think clary sage more than actual sage. On drydown the mint is a cross between a really sharp mint and a sweet eucalyptus. I can't think of any other way to describe the cross between tang and eat-your-sinuses.

After a few minutes, that vanishes utterly, to a soft, pliant sort of smell. On the right this has gone completely non-decsript. On the left, the smoothness of honey. It's hard to describe, but it smells like the texture of warm honey.

I don't think my skin can pull this off. It's morphed dark again, and I don't think it's s'posed to be so inconsistent.

After 1 1/4 hours: Yes. My skin can't make this work. See-sawing scents; morphtastic.

When I opened the imp I almost didn't test this - I actually recoiled, as this was the worst sort of sweet girly awful perfume I could imagine. However, I know how cunning Beth is ;) and applied it anyway. The vile blargh sweet ew went away quickly, and within a few minutes this had turned into a very lovely soft feminine scent. A bit on the powdery side, but really quite nice.

Quick fade. And so to the trade bag.

Just wanted to add to my review from April that my b/f likes this: "you smell like caramels". I'm wearing it now almost exclusively when paired with something red, I don't know why but the energy is right for red seduction. A pair of red high heel sandals with black tights and a sexy red top. It's not a "red" scent though, not by a long shot. I may need a bottle of this.

lovely dry grassy herbal honey for the first 20 minutes.. and then it becomes all ROSE and something honey/fruity. WTF?

Rose, my nemesis, you win again!

Wet, this is very sweet and fruity, absolutely delicious! As it drys however, it takes on a strangely...dank? smell, like a washcloth that's been wet too long. Dry, its a dark honey, not too sweet and very deep. Pretty, but not a keeper.

I don't get the honey at ALL as it's wet. It smells very much like a heavy chemical cleaner that is supposed to have that "fresh" scent. Very much like a laundry detergent smell, as it has some soap like undertones.

As it dries, I start to smell more of the honey. It's very much like honey right out of the jar, ambery, gooey goodness. This would be amazing layered with Honey I Washed The Kids or similar.

I'm not that into the honey only smells, so I dont think I'd wear this often, but it's very nice (after it dries down)

In the Imp: sweet

Wet on Skin: beachball

While Drying: honey sweet

After a Little While: honey sweet

Final Thoughts: Honey is a difficult note on my skin. Not terrible, but not great.

Osun earns a 3/5 on my skin.

I went into this expecting full well to adore Osun. I'm extremely happy in an herb garden, and honey and I get along famously.

Not this time.

In the bottle, Osun smelled extremely green to me. A bit sharp, but green. On me? Ugh, the honey went rancid! The herbs amped and amped until I found myself sneezing and the honey just did me no favors whatsoever. Bah. My skin + Osun = doomed romance. It was just not to be.

This was a kind and unexpected frimp.

I really love this one. Brassy, herbal, honey sweet and no powder. Wine like when wet and dries to a bouncy green sweetness. Very nice!

Ooh, this smells of a lovely, sweet, juicy, fruity combination of scents in the vial! On my skin it morphs into a strong but sweet honey with a background of something very complex - it's herby, floral and fruity - yet utterly divine! After a few hours this becomes a lovely, creamy sweet floral with just a hint of honey in the background which is quite utterly delicious!

At first sniff, this seemed like it would be too sweet for me, but after about twenty minutes on my skin, it's softened so that it's not overbearing. I don't think it's something I can wear often, though.

In the imp: Sweet, rotting fruits and artificial Flintstones vitamins. My boyfriend likes this in the imp so I will try it.

Wet: Very heavy sweet cardboard, fruit vitamin smell. Really reminds me of the vitamins I tool as a child. Loved the taste, but...

Dry: Same as wet, but there is an old lipstick smell. And an old foundation smell.

Overall: This is not for me. It doesn't give me a headache and I don't just dislike it (like I dislike patchouli). And it's not even my skin chemistry that doesn't like it. I just find this scent unpleasant. A little off, i guess, Like the oil went bad or something. Really, unpleasant is the best way to describe this for me. And of the 2 scents, Osun and Olokun, I was looking forward to this one! Alas. :(

Whoa! That is honey! And some apple? Quite sweet with a bit of tart as well. After just a little bit, it quite reminds me of sweet tarts. Quite strange.