Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
anomie

Osun

... Her ofrenda is thick with honey and herbs of love, passion and desire.

another one that smelled great not on me.

wet it was sweet and honey and herb like, then dry down the honey just got too sweet and it started to smell more woodsy.

In the bottle: Smells like roses and apples to me, with a hint of honey

First on: It's all rose & apple on my skin, almost no honey at all. It reminds me of a sweet flowery alcove with some fruit trees nearby.

Drydown: A perfect scent for a cool summer day, the fruit and florals have blended together nicely, and leave just a sweet romantic blend with no discernable notes.

Overall: I'll keep the imp, as it's a good scent to wear when I'm in a light and sweet mood. Normally I'm a dark spicy type of girl.

This was a frimp with my first BPAL order, which I received last June or July. I never tried this one because it smelled so funky in the bottle, but today I decided to be adventurous and found out that Osun really really doesn't like me. It smells like nail polish remover on me. Eeek! I don't smell honey or herbs at all.

In the Bottle

All I can smell is divine, glistening honey. It reminds me of this Karma Sutra Edible Honey Dust I saw in an adult shop once (which is classier than it sounds-- it was made with real honey and it was quite pricey).

On Me

OhmyGOD. This is absolutely stunning. I'm still getting the honey, but it's not a sickly-sweet fake smell-- it's sophisticated and decadent. I'm getting a touch of amber in here, too, but the honey is definitely the strong note. And I *think*, somewhere down there, there's florals-- very subtle but happy florals, and they don't dominate at all. This works so well for the concept, and makes me think of lazing around in little patches of sunlight with a good book on a not-too-hot day, or waking up late on a Sunday afternoon with the sun peeping through the window and falling onto the bedclothes.

No joke, this is sheer, unadulterated bliss. I actually feel reasonably *happy* when I'm wearing it, too. It's amazing.

Imp: Iffy. I had such a good time with Bengal that I decided I had to slather myself in some honey scents. So I decided this sounded good. But in the imp I'm catching hints of Jezebel and we don't get along.

Wet: So I'm thinking that honey only likes me with spice or similar. I amp this weird sour scent the second it goes on. Thankfully I'm writing a paper and had a stroke of genius so this got to dry down on me.

Dry: Honey sweetness with a bit of herb. Actually winds up pretty nice considering the dry down.

Throw: Eh. It's there. But you get the sense that it might prefer to be elsewhere.

Overall: It's pretty but the minimal throw isn't worth the drydown for me.

This was very herbal in the imp. I couldn't even notice the honey at all.

On my skin, it stayed very herbal. I could get little hints of honey, but this was really an herbal blend, not a sweet one. I love the some of the labs other honey blends because I'm a foodie, but if you prefer a more green scent, this would probably be a good honey blend for you.

I can smell the honey, but then it starts smelling soapy and herbal on top of that. It smells like really great shampoo. A great blend to apply to my hair if I want people to think I've washed it when I haven't, but otherwise, it's not that great on me.

This is pure rose on me. A nice rich rose, not too cloying. I'm getting a little of the herbiness behind the floral, and now I smell the honey now that I know it's in here. Funny how my brain works like that sometimes! This is pretty luscious on me, a very classic scent.

In the bottle: Honey, bubblegummy, artificial sweet cherry, mint, ozone.

Wet: A warm floral and some herbal notes - much less sweet! Still some of that cherry note, but faintly. Less ozone, and mint, but both still present. Much more pleasant than in the bottle.

Dry: Ugh, getting sweeter again. It's honeyed, candied cherries and sunflowers - maybe a bit of rose. Warm, golden and sugary. Mint, ozone, herbs - all gone.

Summary: Powdery sunflower, rose & sweet artificial cherry. Decent throw, strong lasting power.

Sweet sweet honey, a hint of crisp apple, roses that get a little soapy as they dry and lotus maybe? Something definitely hints at bubblegum, especially while the blend is wet. It peaks out later to at different times in the drydown. This is one of those blends that changes drastically as it dries and continues to morph over a long period of time. It's really hard to wrap my mind around it in order to write a review. I'm not really fond of most honey blends. I like my perfume to be either dark and spicy or rich and floral so the sweet blends never really win me over and though this is very interesting it isn't an exception to that rule.

This was a frimp from the lab, and it took me forever to get around to trying it. I'm not sure why....

Wet: Single Note Honey? Dripping wet honey straight from the hive. Clean honey. Honey and I are great friends, so this is swoonworthy

Dry: There is something fresh peeking out from behind all that glorious honey. Flowers or maybe those herbs of passion we've been hearing about. This reminds me a little of the Kama Sutra honey powder, but wetter and fresher. I am using a honey bar of soap from somewhere that will smell FANTASTIC layered with this.

Great throw. Seems to be solidly sticking around.

I MUST have a bottle of this, which will contribute to the somewhat nonsensical size that my "to buy" list is getting to. But it's completely different from anything else I already have, and I can just picture myself lounging around all summer, cuddling with the new baby, smelling delightfully of honey and herbs. Or maybe it will go into a massage oil I have laying around. Or maybe I need TWO bottles.

:P

Best,

Tzi

This honey is very strong and sweet...reminds me alot of Sed Non Satia or Les Bijoux. I think I like those scents alot more though. This is really tasty smelling, but it doesn't quite bowl me over. At first I smell roses and herbs very strongly. They are sort of layered over the honey. It is a very floral honey, not super foody. I wonder why this one isn't more popular. Honey lovers should be all over it.

Medium throw, altough my sister told me she could smell it from across the room. I do like this though, and I'll keep my imp.

Edited by Hava

This is one of my all time favorites so far. It starts off as a nice strong honey, with just a touch of floral notes in the background.

As it dries it begins to become more of a spicy, herb like honey, very sweet and very warm.

This scent is long lasting as well, and makes me feel girlie and wonderful

osun is quite simply gorgeous. a beautiful rich warm honey with a spicy, almost medicinal undertone. on, this develops into an amazingly potent scent with quite a throw an exceptional lasting power- i could still smell it on my skin the next day. there's not much else to say- the scent starts out warm, spicy, sweet, & golden and does not really change during wear.

i'm buying a big bottle right away and i think this is going to be a basic always-wear scent.

In the imp: honey and dried herbs, with a sour background, perhaps wine

Wet: sweet flowers, roses, a fruit--a bit of pomegranate, cloves, more delcious raw honey, the sour background disappears

Drydown: crisp and warm, almost cleansing smell. Very peaceful and feminine with a powdery sweetness.

Impression: this scent feels happy and full of sunshine...a great anytime scent. Nothing too complicated--just enjoyable. :P

In the imp I smell herbs, honey and something a bit cloying, maybe cherry. I feel like I rember it from King of Hearts.

Once applied the honey is is rich and sweet and very much the top note. The herbs are almost non-existant on my skin at this point and the fruitiness is very slight. What ever offerings of fruit have been left for Osun are drenched in honey.

In the drydown this is just a glorious honey with a touch of fresh herbs (for some reason I want to say thyme). It has a nice throw but still some how smells like my skin but better very alluring.

Sent to me by a friend when I was pining for honey after reading the Mead Moon update...this really filled the bill...a bottle may be in my future.

Edited by isisonearth

In the vial: Sweet, tangy honey. It reminds me of mead with citrus juice in it.

Wet: The citrusy tang went away immediately. Now it's more of a honey-flavored floral. I don't get herbs, but it smells like there might be other flowers in it.

Twenty minutes: Honey still, and floral, but there's something that makes me think of a meadow, like grasses maybe.

One hour: Still honey floral with a grassy element. This kind of reminds me of "Mead Moon 2008" after the citrus dissipated.

Two hours: Yep, still honey with some grassiness. It now smells a bit more aromatic and less sweet than before, quite a lot like tupelo honey.

Five hours: Still a faint honey glaze on my skin; it smells like it grew there. Keeper, but I won't need more than the imp.

In the bottle, smells fruity and honey.

On skin, it develops more of a floral "green" scent and all the sweetness I smelled in the bottle is gone. :P

I had a similar reaction as angelicruin, but I can smell faint roses or some delicate floral and a slight hint of honey. My only problem is that as it dries, the fragrance becomes VERY faint and has almost no throw at all. Smells great in the imp, so this will be another smelly swatch for the locket.

Hmm.. I wasn't expecting this to smell anything like it does but it's lovely. There's a twinge of honey I suppose, but I don't get anything herbal out of it. It actually reminded me a lot of strawberries. I like.

Osun is a beautiful oil, very sweet and positively charged.

In the imp it is a pretty, lightly honeyed, floral. To me it smells more Golden than green, like sunlight through the trees in summer by a stream. It is a fragrence befitting of a Goddess. It is sweet and light without being nausiating.

On the skin it becomes a powerfully charged attracting oil (I kidd you not). When my fiancee and I tried this one out we had a ton of people commenting on how good we smelled, and paying lots of attention to us.

It smells devine and works great on both of us.

I'd rate it a perfect 10.

Imp: I know it says honey and herbs, but I smell grapes...

Wet: smells too green and herby...no honey that I can detect

Oh man, this started as a sweet, spicy resinous melon and ended up as a combination of melon and roses.

:P

Yeah, not great for me.

Some things just don't work on ya, and this was one of those.

Honey and cat pee.

Or rather, honeyCATPEECATPEEhoneyCATPEECATPEEhoney. CATPEE.

:cry2:

imp: honey with something fruity behind and slightly green

wet:green with a touch of sweet honey

dry: it's sweet but not overly so, the fruit and green totally gone.

This was a frimp and not something I would have ordered. I loved the wet scent, but that only lasted a couple minutes. I think this might make a nice room or car scent.