Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
coulrophobe

The Mock Turtle's Lessons

Not quite Turtle Soup: blurry aquatic notes, with a confusing, contrary splort of iris, ambrette, green apple, vodka, white mint and a squish of lime.

In the imp, this smells EXACTLY like Sonic's limeade tastes. On me, it picks up some green apple tastiness, so tart that it's almost a lemon-lime slushie.

I like the idea and the scent, but it's way, way too light on me, and it completely vanishes within two minutes. Sniff. Edited by karen

The Mock Turtle’s Lessons - Whoa, I don’t smell any of the notes in this that I’d expect to smell like mint and iris (both a couple of my arch-enemies) or lime. Rather, I distinctly get a tea scent. In fact, I’m really shocked to read the reviews and see that others didn’t note a tea scent at all. On me, it very much smells like Celestial Seasonings Apple Tea. I must just have really strange chemistry, but at least the “tea” fits the “Tea Party” theme! The staying power is fairly poor as is the throw, but that’s typical for me and tea scents.

Wet: Mint (!) and apple. Reminds me of toothpaste and dishsoap.

Drying out, the sharp aquatics come out all soapy with the iris. Smells like something to clean with, not a perfume for this girl.

This turtle smells like spearmint gum and a hot, sunny car that's been baking in a parking lot. I'm not sure what to do with it. I think I'll pour it in a cold bath the next time the temperature hits 100 degrees.

In the bottle: Very fresh, aquatic and green apple. Smells a bit like a green apple candy.

Wet: Still very fresh, almost like stepping out of the shower. Green apple, but not overpowering. Very light. Mint starting to come out as well.

Dry: Fades fairly quickly on me. The mint comes out more and the apple fades. A nice clean refreshing scent.

Overall: I really like the scent. It's just not something I want to smell like though. I feel like it would be better as a refreshing bubble bath...or something like that. Nice scent just doesn't say 'perfume' to me. But it would be wonderful for a hot, muggy day.

Wow, this one is a jumble! I am not saying that in a bad way, either :P I receive mostly lime and mint from this, with a little blip of apple. I love aquatics, but this does not have an aquatic feel to me. It's not what I expected, and I enjoy it just the same! It's a great summer fragrance.

Much stronger and lasting than I expected. The mint and vodka are disctinct, less so the citrus and fruits. The warmth of the ambrette and iris creep in later to keep this nicely anchored. A lovely summer scent that I'm tempted to get a bottle of but am not sure if I would actually wear it.

impsniff: spearmint apple

skinsniff, wet: spearmint apple-lime

skinsniff, dry: spearmint-apple-lime-Skyy vodka-flowers.

a splort and a squish of all sorts of craziness. if it didn't have the mint and the vodka, i'd love it.

Ah, bummer.

In the imp and on first application, this was lovely and light lime, mint, and very subtle light florals. I figured this one would go the way of many of the MTP scents, and be light and nice, but without ebough throw to be 5 ml material for me.

Ugh. But the florals overtook it and now I'm Soapy McFloralton. Boy, my skin just doesn't do powdery florals.

If only the mint and lime had stayed...

Oh well. Off to a home where he can be loved. Poor guy.

This reminds me somewhat of Viktor and Rolf's Flowerbomb, although I like The Mock Turtle's Lessons better. I can definitely detect the apple and the mint. It's great for spring and summer. Coworkers tell me it smells like baby powder on me.

I've never sniffed anything like this before. It basically smells like an aquatic cacophany, sort of like the careless, yet somehow deliberate, mess after you've left a mischievous child alone in a room stocked with crayons. It almost has a soapy/powdery feel to it, although that's not quite it. There's definitely mint, lime, a bit of apple, and vodka here. The mint stands out and makes this a bit cool. It fades, becoming less aquatic, yet not fruitier. It just somehow changes to becoming less watery. The Mock Turtle's Lessons were so new to me at first that I had thought it would be a new love. Once I've gotten used to it, I still like it, but can see it's not going to be a Great Love.

I tried this on yesterday because I was feeling brave.

Sniffing the imp I got strong mint and lime...ooo..this is going to be exciting. I thought I was going to smell like a yummy mohito all day long. Little did I know what was actually in store.

Dabbing it on: Oh! Oh! There is the min....helloooooooo iris!! The flowers just bloomed and gobbled any trace of the mint, vodka and lime. Aquatics? What's that? Iris lives here but, luckily, the iris was pleasant. Unexpected, but pleasant.

Within a couple minutes: warn powder...powder go. Not a bad powder, but nowhere near as nice as the soft rosy-powder of Blood Rose on me.

Then I got in the car to drive to work. That was when it all went wrong.

By the time I got to the office, all those the soft, delicate florals had turned mean. I now smelled like a grandma. On me, this hoped-for libation turned into the strongest little old lady perfume I've ever smelled and it just kept getting stronger. I felt like I'd been mugged by a nursing home.

Keeping the imp? :P

Botte? :D :D :D

Edited by Ghost Light

Wet this is very faint- almost no smell at all in the imp but I can smell a bit of fruit. When first on this is a very faint aquatic and a wisp of mint. After a few minutes it becomes a bit floral too. This sweetens up and almost has a honey note to it. It is very light and stays close to the skin. I thought this would be crisper and sharper based on the notes but it's actually quite soft. I really do like this one though because it's an aquatic that actually works on me. It's perfect for spring and summer and I'll use up the imp for sure (but probably don't need a bottle of it).

First sniff: Fresh, bright and wet. A little mint, a little fruit, a lot of green.

Wearing: The mint jumps out immediately, a bright white Mad Hatter-ish mint, and then settles back among the green-fruit bubble bath.

I've been meaning to try this and then I got frimped with it! *yay*

Wet on skin it does smell like spearmint-something. But as it dries the apples come out, the mint gets softer and the aquatic notes emerge.......lovely!

And I'm *so* glad this doesn't turn floral on me :D .

It doesn't have a lot of throw on me, but that's okay.....I would wear this teaching gym-classes and then the whole room doesn't have to smell me.....I just need to be non-stinky when they come close to ask me something :P

Don't know if I'll buy a bottle yet, but I'll definitely keep an imp around to use!

The Mock Turtle's Lessons-

In Bottle: Lime, and something like bergamot.

Wet: Very bright lemon.

Dry: This never got to something I fell in love with; it stayed light-lemon-smelling for a time and then faded.

Overall: Not interesting.

Mock turtle came on me with the aquatic notes being the most prevalent, and the interesting blurry soup of squished scents underneith it making it very pleasant. However, it had a short lifespan, it faded on me very fast. No turtle soup for me...........

I love this. Usually apple hates me and turns into cheap and nasty 'Apple Blossom' perfume that I used to get every Christmas from an aunty. This though - big, juicy, green apples with an alcoholic kick. I like this a lot.

I might not get a bottle of it, but it's definitely worth keeping an Imp around.

In the bottle: apple and vodka. Some citrus maybe. Yummy!

On my skin: mostly apple… it reminds me this apple soap my mum used when I was a kid. Well, not entirely because I can still smell some alcohol there too (it turns out to be more Martini than vodka when I wear it). And then there's also something very aquatic but I couldn't say what. All in all, I really like it!

After a couple of hours: well, it fades a bit too quickly and I have to reapply.

Verdict: I need a bottle!

Oooh, I'm loving this one!! It reminds me of those Green Apple Vodka Twister drinks. My favorite bottled liquor type drink. I get a definite sweet green apple to it, like jolly ranchers in it's tartness, but still having a sugary blend to it. After the initial drydown I get a hint of mint and just a slight splash of lime. This is a definite bottle buy for sure. :P

I smell some mint and aquatic stuff. I don't know why, but this smells off. Too chaotic, maybe. The green apple is too tart and the mint is just not right.

This blend sounds like an unusual cocktail; you could confuse a bartender by ordering a Mock Turtle. Vodka, apple, lime--sounds good. However, the Turtle is VERY faint on me; after a good slather, I just get a wussy sort of mint and the barest hint of apple. This is more of a virgin-appletini of a scent on me; not enough kick for my taste.

In the bottle: Fresh, aquatic, slight mint and apple.

On Skin: The vodka is the most prominent note along with the apple. I sort of smell like an appletini! Woo.

On Drydown: I get a slight limey scent to the rest of the blend.

After like two hours: I get florals. No more vodka or apple. I get an aquatic sort of floral smell.

Verdict: This doesn't last too long on my skin (maybe a total of three hours) but I do enjoy it. I'm glad I swapped for a bottle! (Much thanks to Arylkin for this! :P )