One of the deadliest mushrooms to ever pop through Gaia’s soil. Papery white notes evoke the grace of this fungi, grounded by thin, crisp soil.

I am very excited by the mushroom fragrances that are popping up in the garden, because I imagine they will be kind of musty and dusty, earthy -- sometimes moist and damp, sometimes dry and dirtlike. Destroying Angel is one of the dry, dusty ones, but not without some sweetness.

Actually it is very, very much like The Rat King from the Yule line of 2005. In the imp it is a light, slightly sweet dirt/soil smell, sort of Graveyard Dirt and then some, but it sweetens on my skin. Dust and pale woods are two things that definitely come to mind, hence the Rat King comparison.

Today is a little bit colder out than spring should be so I can't get the full effect of how this warms on my skin...but so far it is staying strong and not fading away like a crushed, powdery dried mushroom. I am leaning towards a full bottle of this although it is very similar to the Rat King, but it is a little less sharp and there is no musky bite.

A glorious, pale sweet dirt scent.