Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
ChupaChup

BPAL for Good Luck, Good Fortune, Good Karma

I'm planning my Harvest Moon order and would like to include a couple of imps for a friend of mine with bad karma. Right now she has relationship (heart broken by ex and difficult new relationship starting) and financial problems and in general, just seems to have really bad luck. She has been told by a psychic that she has a lot of negative energy.

Are there some Voodoo or other oils you would recommend to help her? It doesn't matter if they work as perfume, I would encourage her use them ritually.

I was putting together my order today as well, and thinking about what voodoo oils I wanted. It sounds like your friend might do well with Dove's Heart, Horn of Plenty, and/or Block Buster. They are very appropriate to her situation. Also, Aunt Caroline might be a good choice, or Has No Hanna. High John and Van Van are also great all-around oils.

Good luck to your friend. :P

Thanks for your advice :D

I ended up getting Dove's Heart and Horn of Plenty for her. Luckily, since you both mentioned it, I also have Van Van coming in a swap. I could use a little purification myself and it sounds like it smells really good, too. I'll probably try a little of the Horn of Plenty with her :P

Chupa, Lobban is also a good oil..and there's another possibility. Has she considered giving her house a good cleaning, with some ammonia? Ammonia, in Voudoun is supposed to break up and clear *all* magic. Like wiping the slate and starting fresh. Other than that, she might consider filling a 'witch's jar' to keep bad luck away.

Thanks for your ideas, Mandarin. How is the ammonia used, do you dilute it in water and wipe down all surfaces? And what is a "witch's jar" and what kinds of things do you put in it? I can have her do these things while we are waiting for the oils.

I can't get over how sweet and helpful people are on this board :P

I don't know where to start. My mom's been going through a terrible time for the last year or so, and the past six months have been dreadful. There have been work, family and financial issues.. all of them pretty extreme. She's really worried about her business, because she's self employed and things have been super slow lately. She's afraid she's going to lose her income altogether which is understandable although she's so incredibly talented that I can't believe it would happen. I think she's gotten herself into an emotional hole she can't get out of right now. She's deeply unhappy, and cries a lot. I know that circumstances have to change, and a perfume oil isn't going to be like a magic wand... But I really want to buy her a little gift as a mood lifter, and I think she'd get a mental boost out of something that's 'positively charged', if you know what I mean. Does anyone have any ideas on oils that would be good for this kind of situation? I was thinking of getting a few, and although I'm not relying on her neccessarily wearing them, she loves perfumes like Paloma Picasso, Aromatics Elixir, Opium etc..

*sigh*

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by GypsyRoseRed

Love, generosity and scent are powerful forces - a gift like this can't hurt, and may help a great deal.

For voodoo oils, I'd say Block Buster and Horn of Plenty. They can be used for room scents or anointing relevant objects. For perfumes just because she'd like how they smell, Snake Oil, The Great Sword of War and Sed No Satiata have that dark, earthy sweetness it looks like she favors.

First off, :P to you and your mom! It's really sweet of you to want to make her feel better. I did a search on your mom's favorites and found that they seem to have floral/green/woodsy commonalities. For a combination of both purpose and fragrance, my recommendation would have to be Has No Hanna. ("Brings a rush of good luck, lifts the spirit, and helps alleviate depression.") I think it has a fresh, feminine fragrance, without any of the weird herbal undertone of some of the voodoo blends. Water of Notre Dame might be nice, too!

Also, some perfumes to try that she just might love based on scent: Salome', Namaste, Iambe, or Queen Mab. Hope that helps! :D

Edited by Capriquarius

I'll second the recommendations for Water of Notre Dame and Block Buster. Both are lovely, not very strong, and calming.

Belle Epoque has the opium note that she enjoys without being overbearing or negatively charged.

Edited by terrierhead

Thanks for the reccommendations - I think I'm definitely going to order Block Buster and maybe Has No Hanna, and I'll check out the others at the next Will Call. :P

You may want to try Grandmother of Ghosts and Baghdad as well. I'm fond of YSL's Opium myself, and those two have a similar feel. In particular, Grandmother of Ghosts when worn (not out of the vial) has a mandarin/mossy/woods quality which is decidedly a sibling of Opium to my nose but YMMV of course. :P

Aromatherapeuticly, bergamot, frankincense, jasmine, rose, lavender, orange and clary sage are used for aiding depression. Personally, I am soothed by sweet scents like vanilla and honey.

I am thinking of Alice, with the bergamot, rose, and soft milk note, or Skuld with ylang ylang and honey.

Hope this helps...

Need some advice. What scent do you wear when you need a little extra good luck? Do you wear your favorite or something special? I am going to a charity auction on Friday that has some really awesome prizes (last year there was a car, vacations, jewelery, furniture, hot tub etc.) I don't need to win something big (although it would be nice) but I would love to win something since I put out a bunch of money to go and will spend alot that night. Thanks for any recommendations. :P

Sorry if this is a duplicate post because I could not find a similar topic.

How about Has No Hanna? I've never tried it myself, but it seems to work very well for some people. According to the lab description it's supposed to bring a rush of good luck, lift the spirit, and help alleviate depression.

I would wear Xiuhtecuhtli, it makes me want to be a grownup stuck-up-the-ass adult on the outside and a dominatrix sex goddess on the inside.

Other than that, I would probably wear a TAL oil (like Lady Luck) or the voodoo oil Horn of Plenty.

Sign in to follow this