Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Bellatrix

Peony Moon

Peony, plum blossom, water reeds and soft Asian woods.

Hmm. Floral. And almost like a very wearable, unfunky rose, oddly enough. I get a hint of the asian blend edge to this but mostly the peony-ness of it all overwhelms all else.

Now, it is nice, but it is so pink and straight-up-floral that I'm not absolutely overwhelmed with love. I like it though, don't get me wrong. However it's kind of the "nice" that I've found most of this year's moons to be on me. OK, but not what I grab much. I have a feeling Peony will be sitting quietly undisturbed for long periods of time, keeping Budding, Holiday and Sleepy moons company. I should just harvest them. (But a part of me keeps thinking maybe, maybe they'll grow on me.)

I'd give it a 3.5 out of 5. (You know what would make this blend fantastic? Lunar oils. The '05 lunar oils. They would balance the peony out for me, I just know it. The water reeds & asian woods simply don't have enough oomph to cut through the pinkfloralness of it all.) Edited by LittleGreyKitten

A beautiful, light, pale pink scent. This smells of beautiful, glorious pale pink flowers on me. It's the perfect spring scent. The scent stays fairly true and unchanging on me-- slightly powdery, almost rosy, definitely light flowers. I definitely see the similarities to Budding Moon, in some ways it's like a lighter Budding Moon. I'm guessing it's the plum blossom that makes me think this-- it's a very voloptuous and distinct scent. But in Peony Moon the plum blossom is much lighter, and it's much harder to distinguish from the boquet of other light florals.

Overall, I really love this for a spring scent. It commands to be worn when the weather isn't too warm and isn't too cold either, and it makes me think I'm walking amongst trees in bloom.

Lovely!

Smells a lot like Al Araaf, only with a slightly sharper edge, possibly from the reeds, and the plum note has a presence as well (well, okay, plum blossom, but it smells similar to me). The woods are in the background quietly, providing a stable, non-intrusive base.

I haven't kept any of the Asian moons so far because I just haven't liked the green-ness of the bamboo. But this is different, and its definitely a keeper. The reeds do keep the scent from smelling like an average floral, but they certainly aren't so present as to make the scent masculine or impersonal.

I need another bottle! Stat!

Edited by aedes

In Bottle: Soft floral

On Skin: The peony is very strong, I thought this would be a lighter blend for some reason. The plum blossom offers a sweet compliment and the water reeds are a very watery and slightly aquatic note. I get no woods from this that I can detect. This is a very true floral blend, a little overwhelming for me. This is a great scent for Spring, or a garden party because you’ll blend in nicely with the fresh blooms around you. Very feminine, I could never picture this on a man. This is a pink scent… a floral pink, not a sweet candy pink. As it dries down, it becomes a bit like a floral soap. Both the throw and staying power and strong. It’s not really my thing though since I’m not crazy about strong florals, I may keep an imp and swap the rest.

Also, a side note… are there Lunar Oils in this blend? I don’t seem to smell them and that’s usually my favorite part of the Lunacys.

Edited by slave1

Peony Moon: This is a very clear, dry floral. It's not so much pink on me as sort of a clear rose color. (pink makes me think sweet, and this isn't sweet) I can't describe floral notes well so I won't try, but this is very lovely.

Oh, and it lasts and lasts and lasts! All day into the night, and in the morning doing laundry I caught a whiff of it from my clothes. Very surprising.

A friend of mine said Peony Moon reminded her of Kitsune-Tsuki. Boy, we had two different reactions there.

Peony Moon is very very VERY floral on me. I wasn't expecting this at all. Peony is normally a mellow, yet fragrant flower, I haven't had a bad experience with it before. In this blend. Extremely floral, especially with these notes (no clue why). On me, it's a very intense fragrance. Much to point that I can't slather it (seems to be the theme for this year's lunacy blends), & it's a tad overwhelming. I thought Holiday Moon was STRONG, but Peony Moon is a fairly close second. I'm going to have to give it another go later, just to check, because I swear I started to smell the dreaded ROSE scent.

Edited by oatmealneko

As everyone else said, this is a pink scent. I envision a very clear, pretty, spring-like pink.

Going on, it has a scent very similar to rose, but not quite. A lovely, feminine floral.

Drying down, some kind of sharp green note comes out. Fortunately, the sweet floral doesn't entirely go away, but I don't like this note that much.

Overall, I find it to be a pretty, springlike, soft and feminine floral. Budding Moon is a bit sweeter, so I like it somewhat better, but Peony Moon is really nice, especially for warmer weather.

In the bottle and wet on my skin, I am getting a very heavy pink floral. It may seem heavier on my than on most people because I am not really a floral person.

As Peony Moon dries down the rest of the notes start to come out and temper the over powering floral. I can just catch a hint of plum blossom which is great becasue it takes the scent from a solid heavy pink to a more fluid morphing pink.

Completely dried down, the water reeds and woods are just a hint in the background- but they are there. Peony moon is still very in your face, floral to me.

Conclusion? I think this bottle will last me forever. I had just *barely* touched my wrist to the rim and I can definitely tell that I am wearing it. It is very beautiful, almost overpowering to me. Peony Moon has HUGE throw and LONG wear - APPLY CAREFULLY!

Edited by Rhowan

Peony Moon is a very pretty spring floral. To my nose in the bottle it's very sweet, a bit soft, overall very nice floral.

I too see similarities to Budding Moon, which has similar components. As it dries down, the pretty soft floral changes and becomes a bit sharp. I'm not liking this part of it. The sharpness stays with me as I wear it. Is this a bad reaction to the woods and reeds? I hope not but I'm not getting those, just a sharp floral. ah well, I've got some great florals already that work with my chemistry.

Peony Moon is my first Lunacy oil .. I could'nt resist because I absolutly adore Peony ! Peony Moon doesnt dissapoint!

In the Bottle: All Peony .. purely a pink femmine scent. Innocence in a bottle.

Wet : Peony is still very evident

Dry Down : Peony is still strong but an aquatic green note lingers just below the surface .

1.5 hrs- It has dried down in to a soft sweet peony / sweet pea scent on me .. absolutly lovely!

I think this is an incrediable scent .. definatly a scent for spring or summer .. a girly pick me up of sorts - Yet again Beth has out done her self.

In the bottle, it smells flowery. I don't have that much experience with peonies as flowers (my mom grew them, but I never really noticed a smell to them), so to me it's something like a tea rose crossed with freesia.

wet: very pink and sweet, full-bodied blossoms.

dry: as it dries, the super floral explosion dies down a bit, and it smells more herbal (probably owing to the reeds & woods). It's more of a muted pink at this stage.

Both stages are nice, but if you're afraid of the initial application scent, this dries down wonderfully to a much softer scent. Good throw, too.

In the bottle: a swirly bouquet of soft, yet heady pink flowers, almost candy-sweet, nearly identical twin to the scent of roses

wet on my skin: still quite sweet, a wee bit powdery, soft and still quite rosey, with a ghost of wet greenery

dry on my skin: hasn't changed scent much from the wet stage, just mellowed a wee bit, less pink sweetness, more of a single note than I'd like in a floral blend.

All in all, as a floral, from a non-floral person, it's a very pretty, girly scent and would be magical to wear on a soft, cool night.

For me, the search continues for my perfect floral. :P

I passed on getting a full bottle of this one because florals rarely work on my skin, and peony is one of those notes that tends to give me a headache. Still, I snagged an imp of it to try.

In the imp... this smells more like rose than peony to me, and is actually reminding me a lot of The Peacock Queen.

On me skin, still very much a lovely rose-like fragrance. Very pink, sweet, and heady. Peony Moon isn't at all the dry peony floral that it usually is on my skin. I find that I really like it, and I feel kinda stupid for not getting a bottle.

Half hour later. Smells like a stronger, slightly spicier version of The Peacock Queen. I don't get peony or woods from this - just a lovely rose with a lot of throw. After an hour it takes on what smells like watery sweet pea (perhaps the plum blossom and water reeds?) behind the rose, and the blend gets much softer and less perfumey.

I should have gotten a bottle and will be stalking the swap forums now to get my hands on one. Why do I always do the wrong thing, lol.

Woooo!

Went home on my lunch hour to let the puppy out and met the mailman who was delivery my Peony Moon!

I agree with the above posters...I am getting almost a rose vibe from this..definately very floral..hello floral welcome to my wrist floral.

A neighbor has a Peony Shrub that I pass all the time..and this really does remind me of it...

I'm also getting a slighty sharp soapy note...

And it definately has throw..not insane for it, but I like it..very pretty :P

Peony Moon

In the bottle: fresh, crisp peony with a hint of Budding Moon's plum blossom. I also agree with the others that it also smells like rose.

Wet on skin: fresh, almost fruity peony with a hint of rose.

Dry on skin: goodness me, this is beautiful! This is like sniffing a pure fresh pink peony amidst a rose bush, with a hint of light blossom falling around you. This is, on me, very similar to Two Five and Seven, but much softer and pinker, and of course with peony. This is also similar to Budding Moon, but a lot less powdery/pale and more fresh and watery, and less sweet. There's a green, almost tangy note that could be the reeds, and a hint of something fruity, which I'm sure is the plum blossom.

After a while: this scent becomes more watery, gently aquatic, with a little hint of pale dry woods in the background, adding an almost powdery touch but not as much as in Budding Moon. The peony's still going strong, still smelling gorgeous and almost rose like, with the fruitiness of the plum blossom just gone up a little bit, but not too much-it's just perfect now.

Over time, it becomes more and more rounded and balanced. It never over-sweetens or develops that odd banana note I got in Budding Moon-there's that water plant note keeping things in check.

The scent doesn't last very long but the drydown is a lovely soft floral aquatic scent.

Verdict: this is my birth moon, and I am so glad that the scent dedicated to April's moon is as beautiful as I hoped. A perfectly pink springtime scent, a rose like peony blossoming amongst gentle blossoms, reeds and woods. This is what I hoped Budding Moon would be. The scent isn't too sweet but has delightful aspects of floral, fruity, aquatic, and woody to it, and is fresh, youthful and soft, almost innocent. It's a gorgeous scent from start to finish-and very well balanced- when I wonder if one of the components may spoil the scent, it never does-in this case, I wondered if the plum blossom would take over like in Budding Moon, but it didn't, it was equalised by all the other notes. I love this scent and it will become one of my essential springtime scents, a scent that's very girly but not in the usual, stereotypical scent. This is also my favourite of the Asian moons so far.

To sum it up in a smiley: :P

Edited by yeahbutnobut

In the bottle: smells like...lotion? that sort of lotion I used to put on when I was little. Hmmm.

On skin, wet: oh, the sweetness is coming up and out now. I'm kinda afraid this will be like Budding Moon--the candy sweetness with the spice were what killed it for me.

Drydown: Whew, what a relief. This is peony, peony, peony, but with a clean freshness that makes it all good.

This is gorgeous, hands down. I'm especially pleased, since this is my birth moon.

This does feel very Japanese--understated, graceful, and refined. It makes me thnk of a lady in a pink kimono, composing poetry on a riverbank. And do I detect sandalwood in the drydown? Very nice.

Mmmm, smells like peony blossom wet and dries the same with a hint of wood.

Doesn't wear very long on me though, which is a pity. I need more girly floral scents that I like.

Beautiful, perfect interpretation for this particular lunar blend.

Unfortunately, it makes me sneeze. Well...that makes some sense as this is the worst time of year for my allergies.

Whoa, now this is an ass kickin' floral! One of the strongest floral BPAL scents ever! A very dark pink scent, the peony runs up and boots ya in the nose as soon as I put it on. It's a gorgeous, over the top perfumey peony note. The plum blossom and water reeds are just barely there; a faint breath of a sweet, watery undertone. I love this moon, it's so nice to have a floral with some balls! :P

This is my favourite Lunacy blend by far. Peony Moon is a lovely fresh, juicy fresh floral scent. The plum blossom gives it a hint of fruitiness, but the predominant scent is clean, fresh flowers. Very pink, very fresh and very lovely.

In the bottle: super-sweet greenery with a floral. Not CLEARLY peony but suggests it.

Wet: Oh wow is that sweet! Peony, for sure. Nice, strong Peony.

Dry: It's a nice, sweet peony. It gets a little too sweet towards the end of it's stay.

Category: Floral

Rating: 5/5; It is peony, so peony moon can be nothing less

Overall: This is the scent of a peony bloom covered in ants, it's the PERFECT peony perfume. It may not be for me every day, but it is lovely.

This started off as the most bright and chipper peony, but the drier it became, the soapier it got, until it was just cloying sweet. I'll just have to reapply every 10 minutes to keep the original peony smell.

In the bottle and on first application, this is absolute peony, sweet and freshly blossomed. It's very feminine and lush, with a decent throw. After a minute, I can smell something rounder behind the peony--plum, definitely, and a drier wood note. Pretty!

Soon enough, however, the scent fades almost completely on me. What I can still smell is just as vivid and fresh, but it's elusive now. A little disappointing, yes, but I think it's worth keeping, especially now that I have a scent locket to use in experiments.

straight sniff from bottle is all beautiful peony goodness......so pretty....

applied i love this even more....it reminds me of the big beautiful pink/fushia peonies my grandmother used to have in her yard .... so fragrant and lush......

this is long lasting and gorgeous and i am thrilled this stays almost purely peony through and through with just a touch of something cool/crisp/aquatic like.....

lovely :P