Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Izabel

PURPLE!

Kali definitely had a purple feel to it for me. I can't really think of any others off the top of my head..sorry. :P

Grab some Gypsy Queen before it's gone--it "feels" much like Queen of Spades to me. They both just feel very purple and regal and feminine.

And it sounds like Beatrice was made for you, so get her while she's here, too: in the story, she is associated with a certain *purple* flower, and I'll just bet the "rich blossoms and spicy perfumes" capture that.

Purple is my color, so I'm trying to find purple scents.

I think some purple!scents are:

Morgause

Lurid

Ultraviolet

What do YOU guys think, oh masters of the nose?

Definately Morgause.

Also

Sybaris

Gypsy Queen

Sleepy Moon

Sophia

King and Queen of Spades

although people's scent perceptions vary.

Sahasrara is very purple to me. Somehow purple-sweet-incense. Phantom Queen also gave off a purple vibe to me. I'm not sure why some scents paint such vivid color pictures when I smell them though.

Forgive me, I'm an artist and a Vrigo, so I'm going to be a little analytical. And of course these are only my own perceptions.

Lavender/ Blue Violet Scents:Somnus, Tisiphone

Violet Scents: Intrigue, Queen of Spades, Spellbound

Dark Purple/ Red Violet Scents: Bewitched, Montresor, Queen of Clubs, Wanda

Fuscia/ Magenta Scents: Bordello

Lady Macbeth. The purplest of purple.

And Midnight and Nocturne (GC, not TAL.)

Well, I guess this is an obvious- but I have searched BPAL for the perfect winey, purpley scent and the lab has definitely captured in Purple Phoenix. It's just gorgeous, it's purple magnified! :P

glasgow, morgause, queen gertrude, faith and regan are pale purple.

shadow witch orchid, black lily (blackish-purple), wanda (burgundy), and purple phoenix are dark purple to me.

Edited by theseagrows

The Raven, Nocturne and Le Serpent Qui Danse encapsulate purpleness itself to me.

Edited by Mrs.Black

It's so interesting how some of us see some scents as different colors. Lady Macbeth - new and aged - was always a deep deep red for me, and Samhain '05 was a rich brown to me.

There's only one scent that asserted itself as purple to me - Numb. I remember in my review that I couldn't identify the floral in it, but that I new it was purple (others with better noses picked it out as violet).

This is so interesting! A lot of people have mentioned blends I never would have associated with purple. IMHO, I always think that King of Spades, Voodoo Queen, Bordello and The Raven are purple scents. Oh, and Purple Phoenix of course.

The Hermit. It's a Tarot blend and someone in the review thread says it reminds him or her of a wizard in a purple robe. I completely agree.

Bathsheba, Centzon Totochtin , Horreur Sympathique, King Cobra, Kitsune-Tsuki, Medea, Regan, Skuld, Snake Charmer, and Temple Viper were all very purple on me.

Freak Show was more of a reddish purple, and Eat Me could be purple, but I think of it as a cheery red. :P

…and Blood Countess would probably be another candidate for the purple world… as would Voodoo Lily?

E.T.A.: "Faith is sugared violet."

Edited by icing