Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Izabel

PURPLE!

What an interesting topic!

I'm going to say Purple Phoenix and Shadow Witch Orchid are very purple scents to me, maybe cuz the violets?

And a different kind of purple is Phantom Queen, I get a more pale lilac purple.

That's just me! My purple could be your yellow!

bodello and the raven seem to most purple to me so far.

everytime i open my bottle of bordello i sound just like homer simpson: "mmmm... purple."

Baneberry, Bordello, Bewitched, Lady Macbeth and Yvaine all strike me as purple. Yvaine is especially beautiful.

Two notes usually bring up purple associations for me: wine and Dragon's Blood.

Wine goes to Grape Crush soda on me. Hence Blood Rose was a very purple scent on me, albeit a disgusting sickly sweet one.

And Dragon's Blood is a not unpleasant floral lilac-like scent. Which makes the scent names a little weird, because some of the "fierce" blends have Dragon's Blood, so what they are supposed to be invoking is lost on me. Wrath, for example, was the wrath of the cute wee purple fairy in my case because of the Dragon's Blood component.

Baneberry, which, in my humble opinion ifs a very nice dark fruity scent

Like blackcurrents =3 Mmmm

Edited by Chibi

The Emathides.

I got my imp, tried it, and went !Purple!

It smelled like a color, not like anything else. Literally, the only word I can use to describe it is purple - and when I ran in to have my boyfriend sniff my wrist, even he agreed.

The Emathides.

I got my imp, tried it, and went !Purple!

It smelled like a color, not like anything else. Literally, the only word I can use to describe it is purple - and when I ran in to have my boyfriend sniff my wrist, even he agreed.

Definitely agreeing with Emathides, Morgause, Bewitched, Purple Phoenix of course.

Must also nominate The Witch Queen--purple incense/smokey goodness! (no one else had mentioned her) Bluebeard also seems purple to me.

FOr lighter purple, I 'll second Ultraviolet and Faith

For a clear, purple sky--how about Urania (how I love thee!) and The Unicorn!

I love purple scents. I will add to the love that Horreur Sympathique is getting in this thread, although I will probably put it away for warmer weather since it's very rich and heavy on me (just a matter of personal preference). I got a sniff of Violet Ray over the weekend and although I haven't tried it on my skin yet, I think it will be a great choice for purple-lovers who also love violets.

New scents that I haven't sniffed, that I'm thinking could the Purple Pantheon, are The Coil (just read that description - Ozone, eucalyptus and mint with purple orchid, passionflower, white ginger, and purple lotus?!) and Bruised Violet Compound. On my skin it will depend on how much the minty-ozoney qualities dominate the coil and on how much the earthy elements are balanced by the violet & currant in BVC.

I just tried, Candy Phoenix and that is purple. Also: Hollywood Babylon, Horreur Sympathique, Jester, Bewitched, Dragon's Heart, Miller vs. CA. All are purple in their own way. Candy Phoenix and Jester have a boozy candy thing going on. Horreur Sympathique and Hollywood Babylon are grape to me. Miller vs. CA is plum and leather. Bewitched (and Glasgow now that I think about it) are a more nature-esq purple and Dragon's Heart is like warm purple incense.

Ladon and Dragon's Milk are definitely purple on me, although Ladon is more amethyst colored, and DM is a soft lavender color. It's the fact that dragon's blood reads as lilac on me, which I definitely don't have any grounds to complain about: I love lilacs!

Penumbra, Blood Countess, Purple Phoenix, Violet Ray (this feels more 'lavender' to me), The Blood Garden, Morgause, Bat of Virtue - all of these feel strongly purple to me.

Stormclouds on the Midway is a dark indigo-ey purple. Mmm.

Well, Purple Phoenix is a pretty obvious choice. ;) It's intensely deep, velvety purple on me. The same goes for Morgause, which is a dark and dusky purple. Violet Ray, Prunella and Epistrophia are lighter but still profound purples for me, and the lilacs in Les Fleurs du Mal make me think of that scent as... um, lilac. Earth Phoenix also strikes me as purple for some reason... something about the way I get the black cherries and plum blossoms. Glasgow is a rosy pinkish purple for me, and so is Kitsune-Tsuki, thanks to the asian plum. Basically, anything with plum smells purple to my nose! EDIT: That includes Suspiro and Bensiabel. Don't know how I left those off!

I get a purple vibe from Venice, too, although that may just be my strange nose. :lol:

ETA again, because I has the morning stupids: Also Dragon's Reverie is very lilac/purple to me, thanks to the fact that Dragon's Blood is distinctly lilac (and cherry) to my nose.

Edited by Bluestocking

Prunella.

What is strange is that I love the color purple but no blend that screams PURPLE seem to work on me.

Penumbra is a great "purple" scent. So is Purple Phoenix. These are the only truly purple scents that I own. Hope this helps.