Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Medici

Aligning with Goddess

I had my first "experience" with Artemis a few days back, and since, as far as I know BPAL doesn't have a blend aligned specifically for Artemis (or her roman counterpart, Diana, for that matter) I'm looking to find a comparable oil.

Simply put, I'm looking for blends aligned with athletic or warrior goddesses/women... excluding all aspects of the Morrigan.

My mythology knowledge is fairly good, but there are things in the catalogue that really are beyond me.

Help?

Oo, that's a toughie. The 'closest' I can see in the catalog would be The Kindly Ones - Alecto, Megaera, Tisiphone - but only in terms of energy, movement, and action. I suspect you'd be better off finding an oil that's not specifically for Artemis, but that brings forth her best attributes - Sophia springs to mind, and Tempest.

Gosh, I'm just drawing a real blank, here. Sorry I'm not of more help!!

Oro

She's not Artemis, but Kali's a warrior goddess with her own BPAL blend. Oya (an orisha) is also a warrior goddess Beth has blended for.

She's not Artemis, but Kali's a warrior goddess with her own BPAL blend. Oya (an orisha) is also a warrior goddess Beth has blended for.

Thanks. Have both, though (with Oya on order). I was thinking along the lines of virginal goddesses, though. :P

In the Twilight Alchemy oils, there are Temple of the Dark Maiden and Temple of the Maiden, both of which might work well for you. In BPAL oils, Artemis would probably like any of the forest scents, such as Yggdrasil, Hamadryad, Tintagel or Yew Trees. Other suggestions: Bewitched, Delphi, Dragon's Heart....

Hunter Moon springs to mind. :P

*snaps fingers*

Good call. I'm going to check the rerviews and do a little decant hunting. Thanks!