Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Tramp

Temple of the Maiden

Beautiful. If Dark Maiden is the incarnation of the waning cresent moon, Maiden is the embodiment of the waxing cresent - a time of rebirth and possibilities.

There is a girlish brighness to this blend - it is a sweet and happy scent. It smells to me of Lemons and Honey. I would say it was a kissing cousin to Milk and Honey. Like all the TAL's the layers to this scent are amazing. I am just blown away by the artistry of them. Not a lot of throw - it is staying close to my skin.

Edited by Tramp

The Scent - A sweet lemony floral

The Meditation - I am lying on my back in a field of wild flowers and grasses, surrounded by rich vibrant colours. I know that if I sat up I would be able to see a lazy river. The baking sun glinting on its waters as it meanders through the flood plain to the sea. I hear the sound of a thousand bird songs and I want to lift my my voice to join theirs, but I know that I must not, I don't belong here. In the blue cloudless sky a hawk hovers, seemingly motionless, and then, spotting its prey, dives into the long grasses. It's cry cutting through the peace. For a moment there is silence and then slowly the joyful birdsong returns.

(I use my temple oils as aids to meditation, with the oil in my burner, so this is how I've reviewed them)

Temple of the Maiden smells like sweet wildflowers and sugary lemonade on me. It's light, warm, and not at all a sharp citrus (thankfully). Rather nice. I have not used this for any specific purpose, but it is a pleasant scent to me. I don't know that I'd wear this as a perfume, just because I don't care for light florals so much, but it's nice :P

this is very lovely. I used it in a diffuser just past the new moon, because it does seem like a very early waxing moon scent. I used it for a few days as I went to bed, to focus my thoughts on the new moon and growth.

I just put a wee bit on my skin now to refresh my memory of it, and is different on the skin. In both cases it is a slightly lemony floral. Lemony isn't right--it doesn't smell like lemon, but like a lemon scented plant, softer than lemon balm and sweeter, but something like that. While it doesn't really smell like Milk and Honey to me, it is in the same family of scents.

On my skin and in the imp it is slightly soapy as well, and reminds me of a small yellow and white wildflower with a faint sweet smell. It is girlish.

But in the diffuser, I didn't get the soapy scent, and while it is a light floral, it seemed like a nightblooming floral, though not at all heavy. It very much had the cool, pale scent of moonlight, if that makes sense. It very much evoked the pale light of a very early phase of a waxing moon.

It is very lovely and evocative.

Scent: Light, sweet, innocent florals.

Use: When I need to tap into the Maiden archetype I like to use Temple: Maiden. I also find that it is useful when I am working with certain deities or certain Pagan holidays that involve the aspect of maiden, youth, innocence. I have also used this in conjunction with the Kore/Persephone myth.

Temple: Maiden is beautiful, beautiful. I smell lemon verbena and a light white floral that reminds me of linden and moonflower but isn't either of them--it has that "light, luminous" feeling though. Possibly a touch of white musk, very pure but adding warmth. It's soft and does not have a lot of throw. I used it in a Full Moon ritual to honor Artemis and female friendship/sisterhood--it smells like a silvery, radiant young Goddess and carries a positive "young" feminine energy with it. Wear it with your girls on a moonlit night and be happy and carefree. :P