Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Silences gossip, slander, and perfidy. Helps you shake off the negative effects of other people's sniping.

spolier vision: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y181/lush...LSTFUbottle.jpg

TALSTFU.jpg]
In the bottle
Mmm...musk.
On
Oh my, this smells really good. It's a combo of musk and coniferous things like fir trees or juniper. It also has some floral in here....a lightly sweet floral like Jasmine or Rose maybe? Very clean smelling initially like "Snow bunny" or "Amsterdam" but there's a insidiously sexy bottom-y note.
30 minutes
stays smelling as it did when wet.
Throw:
more than average...yep.
Scent category:
Green/Floral/Animalistic
Summary
This is nice and strong and it's a gender nautral scent to my nose. It's nicer than I though it would be. It's got great throw. Tt's fresh and clean smelling but sensual to.
Purchase again?
Yes.
1-5 rating (5 being best)

Edited because I had to correct tags.

Edited to add description - clover

I can't believe how good this smells! I bought it for its properties and my Bruce Springsteen association with it...but it is sweet, light, enchanting. Floral and cool, but not cold.

In Bottle: Clean powder.

On Skin: This scent is super dry and powdery as well, but more clean than floral. There is a slight ozone note that gives it an outdoorsy and detergent-like scent. I get greenish white from this, alive and bright. Maybe a light pine as well? I really want to use this on a candle because I’ve been dealing with someone slandering and harassing me for over a year. Wouldn’t it be nice if an oil could make it stop? Either way, it’ll hopefully help me “shake off the negative effects of other’s peoples sniping” even if it doesn’t stop them from continuing to do it.

STFU smells delightfully of chilly pine notes in the bottle, but morphs into something headache-inducing on my skin. On me this seems to have that ozone/aquatic note that smells sharply of dryer sheets and laundry detergent on me. Soapy. And there seems to be some sort of powdery floral note hiding in here as well. If I try to wear this, it gives me a soapy headache... in an oil burner, this is a nicely chilly, powdery pine and mountain air sort of scent.

I've been using this in my handy oil burner when I do my therapy charts... just to have a sort of routine for completing them. Whenever someone upsets me, I have a chart that I work through to see if their negativity/issue with me is justified and how to work through it. The charts are very helpful and keep me from taking other people's problems as my personal faults; and I've been enjoying having an oil that sort of fits the routine :P

I purchased STFU specifically to dress candles for use regarding my neighbors across the street who, for the past nine years, have verbally assaulted my partner and I and called the police on all of the residents of the street for such horrible actions as saying good morning. They threatened us with a gun. Any trash they find in the alley, they throw in our yard. We do not have a driveway, so we park in in the street in front of our house-- this earned repeated complaints from them to our landlord. Neighbors' cats who happen to wander onto their property are sprayed with a hose with much screaming and cursing. This is a seventy year old woman and her 40-something daughter, mind you.

I have mounted an eight-sided mirror above my front door to help bounce negativity back across the street, but when they revert to screaming obscenities at us or making nasty comments at me from the safety of their front porch, I dress a white candle with STFU and plant it outside in a direct line to their front door. I let it burn down and amazingly, they do shut up for long periods of time. I will never be without this blend no matter who my neighbors are.

straight sniff from imp is musky and floral and just beautiful...

going thru some trying times here at work and thankfully a lovely forumite

came to my rescue with an imp...i performed a ritual involving a stuffed doll

which i felt represented the attacker perfectly; i cleansed the room with a smudge stick and proceeded to chant a prayer and rubbed the lips of the doll with STFU.

the following day to my most pleasant of surprizes, i found out this scoundrel will not be back in work until next thursday...and that my supervisor and other big dawgs are awaiting his arrival back to have a lengthy discussion about his behavior, etc.

this is powerful stuff guys...if you need to shut someone the f*ck up, give it a try...

you will not be sorry in the least :P

I cannot say specifically how this smells because when I used it in a ritual I actually refrained from smelling it myself (to avoid any possible rebounding effects). However, it is entirely effective as a catalyst if your intent is to silence someone's malignant tongue.

*makes obeisance to the Lab*

I adore how this smells! I've saved it for the right moment; tonight a girl got on my last nerve and I had the sudden insight that the right moment had arrived. :P Lovely light floral and citrus topnotes over an earthy (patchouli, maybe?) base. I expected it to not necessarily smell good, but it's gorgeous. I feel calmer already, and have already addressed the issue, but I expect this will amplify my intention. I love it.

I applied STFU to myself, because I was very upset about someone I cared for saying awful things about me behind my back. I applied it to my chest and arms using a motion like I was brushing something off myself.

Did it work? Yes, definitely. The gossiper seems to have shut up (or at least, I haven't heard otherwise). And I feel a lot better, myself- I really don't care what she says anymore. I'm usually extremely hypersensitive to this sort of thing- it can send me into a depression that lasts for weeks- so STFU gets a 5/5 from me.

As far as the scent: to me, it smells like an aquatic/ozone with just a touch of musk. It's a very clean smell, but not soapy. Of course, it's not perfume- so long as it works, I'd use it even if it smelled like sewage. But like most of Beth's scents, it's quite pleasant.

I'm glad I bought it, and will buy more when I run low.

Wait, I've never reviewed this? I had a FANTASTIC experience with this oil, so I've been remiss in not reviewing it. To cut a very long story short, someone who I used to know well was spreading lies about my husband and I. Turns out she'd been bitter and broadcasting it for four years and had just gotten progressively nastier. Mutual friends told us when they thought things were getting out of hand and I decided it was time to just lay it all to rest. This girl was a *complete* headcase and I didn't want any further personal contact with her, so I decided a ritual with STFU and White Light would be more productive than confronting her. I used a photograph and a candle in my ritual, using the oils to dress the candle and some WL on myself. I drew lines over her mouth on the photograph using the STFU on a glass rod and basically told her to... well, you know. :D Then I burned the photograph using the candle and completed the ritual.

Almost immediately afterward, I felt like a burden had been lifted off my shoulders (the White Light really did the trick) but I wasn't sure whether it had worked. Two years on, and that girl hasn't bothered us or our friends since. I'd say that's a positive result! :P

woah, i really like how STFU smells! it's cool, green, fresh, and crisp-smelling, which i wasn't expecting from the name initially.

effectiveness - yes, it works.

There's this woman that I had been pretty friendly with in an online virtual world.. until I found out she'd had an affair with my then fiance (now husband - it's a long, very hard story for me to recount so this is the first and last you'll hear me mention it) - at any rate in last two years she's been this kind of negative energy source that I've avoided as much as possible online, but whenever interactions occurred I'd keep it polite.

And then over the summer I found she was talking to others in that world about me, saying things that would start like "she's a friend but [insert nasty, untrue shit here]" so I hunted down some STFU and waited until I was ready to use it. And a little over a month ago I found some more stuff about her (old emails my husband had saved) and got really really upset. As in - couldn't eat or sleep or focus upset, so I wrote a letter along the lines of "<name> I want to be out of your mind, out of your thoughts, out of your life. I don't want your negative energy near me" etc and anointed the letter and a white candle with STFU and meant to burn them but I couldn't find my ceremonial Aim'N'Flame (stop laughing!) so I just set them on a table and forgot about them (they're still there btw.. I should probably throw them out or something).

I immediately felt better, like a weight had been lifted. That said, the ripples from this ritual have been interesting in a good way. A day or two after the ritual, she announced that she was leaving her volunteer staff position in that world and was possibly leaving altogether. She's been chatting much less with my husband (and hopefully spending more time with her own), and today she apologized to me out of the blue. I'm still kinda stunned actually - up until just after the ritual I'd gotten the feeling that she'd regretted nothing.

So while my results are a bit different than others, my intent was a bit different as well, and STFU still worked wonderfully.

Scent in the vial:

This is strictly a scent review, as I got this as a sniffie (or try-once-only) in a decant circle, and I'm passing it on as a frimp. To me, this smells like a fresh men's cologne, with a touch of ozone and something with a kick. A no nonsense scent, to be sure!

Definitely works. I ordered this specifically to help silence wagging tongues in a matter that was hurting my reputation and social life and for no reason other than jealousy. The situation was wildly out of control and as always with gossip, whatever you hear is being said about you is often just the tip of the iceberg. So I used this in conjunction with War and - wow. The ensuing silence was stunning. This after months of gossip, rumors and lies. I've since used it for more general purposes, such as when I know people might react badly to someone I'm dating, or in another case, when I suspected a "friend" was talking shit behind my back but I had no way to prove it. Lovely results each time. A definite must-have for anyone who leads a controversial life or simply is surrounded by gossipy people!

yes this seems cool, musky and green in the bottle.

on my skin it seems like musky greenery. there is something that smells almost minty, but it's not mint. i just can't place it, but it is definitely plantlike. it seems strangely calming yet invigorating when i inhale it. underneath it all, there seems to be a hint of a floral scent, but i can't place it. this smells like fresh ocean air when there are many good smelling plants around. at least, it's reminiscent of it.

Oh man, I should have reviewed this years ago and forgot. I have a decant of STFU that I've used at work on rare occasion. Unfortunately my work environment a few years ago was a hot mess, with a lot of sniping. I used STFU mainly to shield myself from alot of that foolishness.

Coincidentally, now that I reflect on it, all of those individuals are gone and I'm still with my organization.

If I ever have need to use it again, I'll go ahead and edit this review with a scent review.

I first used STFU about ten years ago, when I was being bullied at work by someone who felt threatened by me and was determined to drive me out. In a different state, away from family and friends for support, I was miserable and heavily used Anthelion to help me get through it.

I don't remember what I did as my ritual as it was so long ago, but I do remember anointing the chair and keyboard of the person bullying me, and to a lesser extent my colleagues to get them to stop being so negative towards me. It worked, though it took some time. The bully was being "performance managed" out of his job and took a job somewhere else. I found out he later regretted leaving and asked to rejoin our organisation and the management, not surprisingly, refused. Ten years on he is divorced (again), doesn't see his kids much and has had a relatively poor career trajectory, whereas my bosses have always been sad to see me go and I'm happily married with two kids.

STFU helped to keep a lid on his mouth and to stop attacking me directly and my colleagues refrained from joining in his BS. I had a much better relationship with them after he left. And rather than quitting in despair, I left on good terms at a time of my choosing to move interstate with my husband.

IIRC, STFU has a cool, almost citrus scent to it, though I'd need to dig out my decant and retest it to be sure.

Edited by sophie-au
typo

This bottle means business.

Dirty metal, vetiver?, conifer, resins and spices rubbed across a rusty blade. Zero florals.

It smells active and aggressive, and I love that about it. Not something I'd ever wear, but its' clear it gets the intended job done.

I wonder, was it reformulated, because my bottle smells so different than other reviews.

Grateful to have it and its protection.