Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
friendthegirl

Olfactory caffeine: Wake up, Stay Awake with BPAL

thanks!

I'm so wanting moxie, actually, especially after some of the reviews. But some reviewers have mentioned a ginger note, and that is so not a good note on me.

As observed with Embalming Fluid (I don't like tea. at all.) if I don't like the smell, I'll roll over and go back to sleep rather than face the day with it...

If on the other hand, it's pepper, I don't mind pepper at all. Might just have to take the plunge and try it for myself!

As for whitechapel, I may have to give it a try at some point

Exams are coming up, and my poor imp of Block Buster is looking mighty empty. I'm looking for some scent suggestions that don't just let you focus, but really kick your ass when you have to spend the whole night looking up details of economic contract theory, and then have to get through 10 hours of school before you do it all over again. Oh, and that motivate you enough not to spend your precious time looking at the BPAL forum. :P I'm talking about scents that scream "you're awake, dammit, and you will STAY that way!"

Thanks!

Embalming Fluid is always my favourite for making and keeping me awake. It's essay time, I'm on 4 hours of sleep myself. *reaches for Embalming Fluid* Must...get...to...yummy lemony green tea...

Dragon's Heart perks me up and it lasts a decent amount of time on me. I love that it's nice and spicy and fruity, it's a very nice combination.

If you can get a hold of it, TAL Concentration. This is a must have for all students! I dabbed some on a tissue during my last physics exam and I was more focused than anything!

For me, this would be Ultraviolet. That is a weird combination of calming and focusing for me and I've fallen in love with it for times when I have to be awake and focused but might be inclined to freak. (Like major exams or writing papers ...)

Jabberwocky does it for me, as does Grandmother of Ghosts. They might be good for you if Shroud doesn't happen to work with your chemistry. Other light, crisp, citrusy, herbal or aquatic scents might also help you. You may also want to try other blends with eucalyptus in them, that always seems to open my eyes. Loup Garou has some, as do others. I actually wonder if Numb or Cathode would work for you, too.

Economics, though, you may want to try Greed or AC's Money Draw. :P

I'd go with blends that have mint, eucalyptus or citrus - if I remember correctly, those are supposed to be invigorating/uplifting from an aromatherapy standpoint. I'd agree with the recommendations for Moxie, Pain, Ultraviolet and Embalming Fluid. Maybe Cathode or Aizen-Miyoo as well.

Clean aquatics or ozone scents like Lightning might work well, too.

I'd go with blends that have mint, eucalyptus or citrus - if I remember correctly, those are supposed to be invigorating/uplifting from an aromatherapy standpoint. I'd agree with the recommendations for Moxie, Pain, Ultraviolet and Embalming Fluid. Maybe Cathode or Aizen-Miyoo as well.

Clean aquatics or ozone scents like Lightning might work well, too.

I agree about Moxie. I apply it, let it dry, then use Dormouse over it. Even later in the day when Moxie seems all gone, just a bit of Dormouse over the area and WOW!

So I checked through the threads here, and saw recommendations for calming, relaxing, sexifying... but I need something that's going to kick my butt and get me moving.

I am absolutely zombie-like in the morning and will do anything to stay in bed for 5 more minutes (I'm sure some of you can relate!)

So what's your best get up-get energized-wake up your brain scents? Anything for first thing in the morning or before a late night cram session.

I've figured that citrus and mint notes, and even pine/eucalyptus would be good - but I would like to hear some first hand experiences too.

GCs would be better as I am a poor student, but if there's a knockout LE you think would work, I'd love to hear about it!

Two come to mind right off the bat:

Moxie!!! Super citrus orangey pick me up, and

Envy--lime and mint, and very refreshing!

I agree on Moxie, if you're able to spring for a bottle. Aizen-Myoo's got a similar citrus kick, if you want to try an imp. Jailbait's got a minty-cinnamon-gum kick to it that's amusing as well as invigorating. I also like Bengal to get me moving on a cold day.

Ultraviolet. It's got a blast of mint to jolt you awake, then melts into the prettiest sugared violet scent. *purrs* I bet Pain would also work really well.

Energy, one of the new TAL oils, is like Moxie on steroids. It works AMAZINGLY well. I used some in my plug in room diffuser thing and got more done in on afternoon (I applied for 5 jobs!) than I had in the past three weeks. Can't recommend it enough. It also happens to smell fabulous, which while not the point of the TAL oils, certainly can't hurt.

The most energizing scent I've encountered so far is Dublin: it puts me in a productive, clutter-clearing frame of mind (you know how you put on your favourite dance music to give yourself the energy to clean the house? I've begin to think of Dublin as my olfactory equivalent of that).

Re: the suggestion of Envy--I had hoped to find it minty and invigorating but on me it was just herbal and soft.

Danube always wakes me up! It's watery, citrusy-like goodness is so yummy... I put it on my wrist before I go to class and sniff it whenever I feel myself nodding off and my eyes are wide awake again! :P