Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Alice Aforethought

Sleepytime BPAL

I second all of the above recs. One of my favorites is Sleepy Moon. It's hard to find since it's an LE from 2006 (I believe), but somebody may have it to swap or sell.

I also have something that seems to be called "Winter Holiday Stress Relief Elixir" (the label is so hard to read). I can't find it in reviews, so I don't know which update that's from, but it's also a nice herbaceous lavender blend.

*detective hat on* BPTP had bath- and massage oils called "Holiday Stress Relief" in '08, '09 and '10. and there's an unreleased scent from BPAL called "Winter Holiday Stress Elixir" from 2007 :)

And I second Capax Infiniti for a great sleepy times scent! It's so soothing and creamy. I don't get much lavender from it though.

"...there's an unreleased scent from BPAL called "Winter Holiday Stress Elixir" from 2007"

That's the one I meant, thank you! :smile:

Ooh, so many suggestions. I'm going to make a list and keep my eyes open for some of those LEs. I actually got Nocturne as a frimp yesterday, so that's one more to try. Thanks!

I've been searching for some lavender/herbal relaxing blends. So far, Nocturnus and Lacus Oblivionis look like they are right up my alley! thanks for the recs on those. Sleepy Moon is also intriguing, but some of the reviews say it turns soapy (which I can't stand). Still thinking of giving it a try though, and its up on the Etsy page right now!

Not lavender, but I always use Lenus Mars as a sleep blend and it opens with a very strong chamomile, although as it dries down the ambergris begins to dominate (no complaints here about that).

This may be a bit overly specific, but does anyone have recommendations for non-lavender sleep/relaxation blends that work well off the skin?

Because of my sleep habits, I find I am much more likely to be able to have a scent register in bed if I dab my pillowcase or shirt.

I have some TKO and Baku, but I've learned lavender does nothing for me in the way of relaxation/sleepiness, and although TKO has very good longevity I find it a bit overly sweet and cloying. Are there other good acknowledged sleepy notes? I've seen opium and jasmine mentioned in some threads...

This may be a bit overly specific, but does anyone have recommendations for non-lavender sleep/relaxation blends that work well off the skin?

Because of my sleep habits, I find I am much more likely to be able to have a scent register in bed if I dab my pillowcase or shirt.

I have some TKO and Baku, but I've learned lavender does nothing for me in the way of relaxation/sleepiness, and although TKO has very good longevity I find it a bit overly sweet and cloying. Are there other good acknowledged sleepy notes? I've seen opium and jasmine mentioned in some threads...

It may sound a bit odd, but my favourite relaxing sleep time note is dirt. I wear Zombi or Yorick to bed most nights, and lately I've been spraying my linens with Down the Rabbit Hole Atmo spray.

Somnus puts me into deep sleep. There is lavender present but on me it smells quite floral, mainly jasmine with a hint of rose. No notes listed so I have no idea but it works. I actually like the smell of Baku the best, it's almost all lavender on me, but Somnus is what I wear when I desperately need sleep. Nanshe works well too and is mainly lemon verbena.

I have worn all sorts of stuff for sleep, usually I like to pick lighter florals like Ghosts in Love.

Lately due to my lovely hot flashes I find the most useful thing to be an alcohol spray, I mix the oil in perfumer's alcohol.

I got a frimp of Baku in my recent Lab order so I tried it to sleep last night. While it was a glorious herbal lavender on me and I thoroughly enjoyed wearing it, it did nothing to help me sleep. Then again, right now I don't know if getting hit with a Mack truck would help me sleep.....

There's an entire thread - Bedtime BPAL - http://www.bpal.org/topic/6329-bedtime-bpal

Strangely, it's not in the Recommendations section, but the BPAL chatter...

There's that topic and there's also this existing topic, which I've merged this new thread into.

The classic bedtime scent for me (and many other people) is TKO.

Apart from the specific bedtime scents there are a few that I find relax me at bedtime. They are drink me, eat me, uncle Brian, sticky pillowcase, PARIS, snake oil, Dorian, and o.

This is a great topic, I'll be very interested in reading more opinions.

As I'm still waiting for my first order to arrive, I haven't much to add..

Maybe one of these days... :)

Wanted to add a few recommendations for some oils I like to wear at bedtime.

Jacob's Ladder - it is resiny but soft and a little sweet. It just lends a peaceful feeling.

Bewildered in a Dream - I just received this in a swap, but can already tell this will go into my night time rotation. I love lavender, and this one has a blend of lavender and tea. It's a lighter scent also. Great for relaxation and promoting a sense of calm!

Whilst looking for lavender-based relief from cramps, I tested Shiny Furball HG on the backs of my hands, and I find it really soothing. I could definitely sleep to this... and since I usually sleep with my hands near my face, it's perfect.

I usually wear Wulfric to sleep in, but I also like Palmyra, Aureus, and Cathedral for sleeping scents. I usually reach for soft resins or lavenders for sleep.

On really hot summer nights (like a few we've had recently) I find both Anesthesia and Envy to be life savers! They have been in heavy rotation for bedtime the past few weeks.

Anesthesia for the win! It's the most amazing cooling mint and lavender. I absolutely have to have at least one and a backup at all times.

Anesthesia for the win! It's the most amazing cooling mint and lavender. I absolutely have to have at least one and a backup at all times.

I should get a back-up, and of Wulric too, as my sleep scents are the only ones I actually seem to come close to using up. If Anesthesia ever got discontinued I would be devastated. And I need more Wulric before the Carnaval goes dark.

I ended up with an imp of Paladin and I found the vanilla bourbon to be really soothing. Dabbing some on after a hot shower makes me feel nice and comfy for bed. So much so in fact that my imp is mostly gone, time for a bottle!

I've tried somnus Baku ebon TAL & several traditional fixes...

I have to be honest, sir Thomas is the one I sleep with. Perhaps I feel safe, rather than sleepy. The scent to me is what lingers after a long bear hug, embrace,,tuck in. Like my ear is still listening to a heartbeat.

This is off the traditional idea of "sleep aid." It's archaic, but it's what helps me.

Edited by SmilesSunshine