Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A phenomenal Caribbean love oil blend. Used as an anointing oil in love rituals and worn as perfume.

Well, I haven't used this in a love ritual....but I have worn it as a perfume, and thus this review is based on that.

Sniffing from bottle: Cherry? Almond? Sometimes I can't tell the difference.

Upon appliation: Although there's a part of me that knows that it's probably almond - the impression I'm getting is definitely cherry. Cherries and freshly, freshly squeezed oranges. In fact - if I were doing a blind sniff test - I would've thought that this was Decadence. It's sweetly fruity, but not in a tropical way. Actually, it's like cherry, oranges and sugar cane. Very nice.

After a few minutes: There's a slight dustiness in the dry down. Could be my skin, things tend to turn dusty on me. Also could be some mysterious, magickal herbs that I wouldn't recognize the scent of if my life depended on it.

Conclusion: I definitely smell lickable! Very sweet and pleasant. At this point it seems pretty obvious that if I want to wear this as a perfume that frequent re-application will be necessary...but the lovely scent wafting off of me could make that well worth it!

AMOR is fantastic!

It reminds me of a very red, wet cherry lollipop with hints of almonds upon sniffing the bottle.

Very sexy and sweet.

I'm very glad that this TAL can also be worn as perfume.

Quite lovely...

:P

Amor, to my nose, is like the love child of Seraglio and Love Me. You know the delicious almondy-orangey-rosiness that appears for the briefest breath at the beginning of Seraglio and then morphs almost immediately? I love that scent and wished it stuck around longer, and to my delight here it is in Amor. It begins with the lovely almondy-orangey-rose, then I get the kind of spicy almost-cinnamon of Love Me, and it continues wafting throughout the day as a lovely, soft rosey-carnationy-almondy scent. I absolutely adore this scent, and thank you so much to Beth for creating such a beauty. I've felt full of happiness and love and warm fuzzies during the day as I wear this. This is a winner, my first TAL and I'm thrilled with it.

ETA: Since receiving this I've worn it several times, and it has become my most favorite of Beth's blends to date. Huge thanks for this one!

Edited by inkmonkeys

Amor starts out overwhelmingly of that cherry/almond scent that I'm not fond of, then quickly dries down to to something like lovely cherry and orange lollipops on me.

It fades rather quickly over an hour, and leaves behind a faint sweetness after that. I catch light hints of that candied scent for hours after application.

I don't normally like orange scented anything, but I love the candied orange in Amor. It's a happy scent to me, and it make me smile a bit when I smell it. I'll probably purchase a few bottles of this one. It's something that I really want to slather on and enjoy. :P

I've only tried Amor in a scent locket, and I'm sure it would be different on my skin because I seem to have crazy skin chemistry... But in the locket it smells like Starburst. 100% Starburst candy. I'm not sure which particular flavor because it seems to be a cross between orange, cherry, and lemon. It's absolutely delicious! I had to fight with myself all day not to run to a vending machine. :P

Amor does really smell like lollipops and Starburst, it's cherry/almond candyrific! I also smell orange and perhaps a bit of bay rum? It settles down on the skin pretty quickly though, and after an hour it's like a mellow but sweet combo of marzipan and red lifesavers.

I bought this one cause hey, everyone can use a little more love in their life. I've worn it on a few different occasions, and have definitely noticed that it seems to draw people to me. One day at work I dotted a bit on and then went to grab some coffee. On the way out I rode down in the elevator with a guy who asked me what I was wearing. Then he wryly told me I smelled good enough to eat. :P

Five-second review of Amor's scent:

This is the closest accessible blend I have found that matches Decadence enough to make me smile.

Five second review of effectiveness:

My partner touched me a lot on the small of the back while I was wearing it. Generally, that never happens.

Overall review:

I like it.

The boy's review: "Mmmmm. What is that? Oooooooh. You smell good. Fruity. Like oranges. Mmmmm. I like it." (This is noteworthy because he very rarely comments on the multitude of scents I wear.) Then he buried his nose in the nape of my neck and you can fill in the rest...

I applied Amor as a perfume before going to bed (with the boy). Just like the description says, it really is phenomenal and I can testify that it worked like a charm every time.

To my nose, this blend smells of wet cherry lollipops, dry almonds, rose, and orange. Throw is a little less than average on me as my skin has a tendency to drink this oil.

Amor

In the imp: almond, almond, almond! With a hint of cherry.

On skin: when wet, it’s still almonds (very bitter, boozy ones-not sweet like Bastet or Eclipse’s) with a hint of something alcoholic. This does remind me of Decadence.

When dry it turns to orange! Yup, I now get oranges, fizzy oranges to be precise-almost like Orangina! Fizzy oranges with a hint of rose in the background, and some spice-possibly pepper. This is quite nice-it reminds me of Parfum Maroc by B&I, and also a little bit of Seraglio (only less rich/woody) and Decadence (though less foody/boozy), though this is far more orangey. There’s also something almost wet, not quite aquatic, but giving the feel of water or juice. However, with it’s watery, effervescent feel, also reminds me of bathing in Lush Bollywood!

Verdict (scent): this is a lovely, lively scent! It starts off with boozy almond but then becomes a fizzy orange with a hint of gentle rose and spice, also a little bit of cherry and something watery. This isn’t a sexy blend as such but it’s playfully amorous and very flirtatious in feel. As for whether this works-well, I’ll update the review when I try this for it’s purpose. But I’m glad it can be worn as perfume. Now, I’m wondering if this scent will prompt a spontaneous hug from the guy next door??

Emoticon rating: :P

Oooh la la! The first thing that comes to mind is fizzy cherry soda! Yum! There's a lovely deep note underneath the cherry, and at first it reminds me a lot of Black Phoenix. It has that same "evil" cherry quality combined with an intoxicating under musk. On the dry down it begins to smell a bit like cherry and star anise, as a lovely licorice note appears. This blend has that wonderful quality of smelling both foody yet undeniably sexy and appealing at the same time. My husband and I are both enchanted with this one, it smells heavenly. :P

Oh my God, does this smell fantastic. Amor obviously did its job on me, because I am in love with it. :P It has this wonderful tropical, fruity, clean, soapy, floral scent. Now I am not a floral lover by any means and usually avoid florals like the plague -- and I can't stand fruit scents either. They give me a headache. But this...holy crap. It just smells great, great, great. I'm going to buy it and just wear it as a perfume, and if it happens to bring me any other benefits, that's just icing on the cake! LOVE IT!

I'm in love with this scent too! I got it to annoint my TAL conjure bag, but haven't even got to that yet. I put it on last night and couldn't stop sniffing myself.

And first, I get almond--like the scent in Horn of Plenty, but that turns bitter on me, and this doesn't. It could be cherry--I also have a hard time telling them apart. Then it goes gorgeously fruity, and it as it this stage that I can't get enough of it. I kept thinking it's orange, but not. I think Yeahbutno is right on: it smells like Orangina, a drink that always makes me happy! And there is a soft dusty spice in there. I keep thinking just a dusting of cinnamon sugar? but it is not as sharp as most cinnamon...so allspice? cloves? I can't tell, but it is so delicious and gorgeous.

It fades very quickly on my skin--was gone in less than 2 hours. But it stays on fabric--I put some on my other mojo bag and kept sniffing it last night. I'm sure it would work well in a scent locket. And while I haven't tried it out yet for it's purpose, I'm sure it would work. Like Queen of the Nile, it has such a gorgeous scent that it makes me feel happy and confident to wear it, so I'm sure that would work in terms of attraction.

(I feel kind of self-conscious when I wear Dixie Love Perfume, for example, because it is so strong and not really pleasant to my nose).

I'm even more in love with Beth for making this, so at least I know it works to a degree! :D

Amor= :P

I'm only giving this a quick scent-based review, because it was actually purchased on behalf of a friend at work (:

In the imp, it smells like almonds and lemon zest, like if I'm making lemon ricotta cupcakes, actually (: There's also some orange in there, and maybe there's some cherry along with the almond.

Wet on skin, the orange peeks its head out a lot more, although the almond/cherry is still there.

Once dry, it's all sweet oranges on me. It's really quite pretty actually, kind of glad it's also usable as a perfume oil (: Not one I would've considered purchasing but the scent may do me in!

ETA: I did end up getting a bottle of this in a TAL order - it has served me well both as perfume and with intent

Edited by Girl Android

At the moment, this review is just for scent (from the site description -- "Used as an anointing oil in love rituals and worn as perfume."). I will update once I've had a chance to work with the oil properly.

Upon opening the bottle -- WHOAALMOND!!!

Wet on my skin -- cherry. Cherry/almond? I think both might be in there.

Drydown -- cherry/orange. It smells almost fizzy. Very bright and hopeful. This oil has a very different feel than Dixie Love Perfume -- that one is full-on sultry come-hither. This one is the cute girl on vacation drinking a fruity drink at the bar, and everyone wants to be with her or near her because she's just so HAPPY and positive all the time.

Lasting power and throw aren't great. Reapplication would definitely be necessary for day-into-night -- I put it on around 8:30 AM, and at 2:45 PM it's pretty faint.

It really is a very happy oil. It's elevating *my* mood, actually. I'm quite sunny today. And though no one's following me around declaring undying love (which would be awkward at work! :P), people have been very friendly.

I used this oil to anoint a red candle that melted onto a petition card that read 'To restore my vitality, I need the vitality of others,' referring to my seventh-house tendencies to draw energy from others and to use the experience of being with others to learn about myself and to feel good about myself. I also wore it as a perfume when I went out this week (I burned the candle on Sunday). As all the other reviewers have said, this is a very cherry/almond scent, quite red and orange (honestly, I haven't tried Bastet's Laughter yet, but this is what I imagined that would smell like). However, it has abysmal throw and wear time on my skin; I really drink it in, as it were.

I don't know if it's the fact that the scent isn't strong, or in the way I phrased my petition, but I feel like Amor has helped me be happier, more cheerful and more approachable. Of course, these are all things that can help attract a mate, but even when I was wearing it, the perfume wasn't making me feel sexy (it was making me feel youthful and cheerful and nice--these qualities make me feel like a naive baby and a bit vulnerable, and I don't necessarily like to approach men when I feel like that). While this oil has brought me a lot of personal benefits and I'm glad for that (and I may end up using this as my go-to friendship/brightness oil, but I have a few others that I'd like to try in that regard), I don't think it's the best oil for me in terms of love relationships.

A little birdie told me that Amor is a close relative of the needle in a haystack blend, Decadence. I got my bottle today and couldn't wait to do a side by side review =)

The base here is the same, candied sweet oranges with a bit of spice. But Amor seems to have less throw, it settles into the skin and doesn't have the same oomph that Decadence does. It's also less sweet than Decadence, I don't get the same girlish feel to it. The two blends are close, but I would say that Amor is a more mature version.

However, are they close enough that I will treasure my bottle? Hell yes. With a little bit of aging, this could be just the substitute I've been looking for.

I need more of this just based on the smell. It's Seraglio on crack, and I luuurrrves me some Seraglios, so this is right up my alley! I haven't really tested it out fully, but I let my boyfriend smell it on me and then asked him if it made him want to ravage me. He said that he wanted to ravage me already, so smelling this made him rabid. It smells amazing, like candied oranges and marzipan...there is some kind of famous dessert bread that this is reminiscent of...something from Le Panier in Seattle. A dessert bread with slivered almonds, honey, and candied oranges and cherries. This is EXACTLY how I want to smell!

:wub2:

Edited by OneTheyCallLuna

Sweet heavens, this is good. Wet, it's sweet, red, (candied?) cherries and almond. As it dries, I get an artificial cinnamon (like red hot candies) mixing in with the cherry. I feel like a bonafide sex goddess wearing this. DEFINITELY getting a bottle.