Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Rosabella

I need more Cherry!

if you hit ctrl+f, you can search the document for words!

I'd help more, but a lot of things smell like cherries to me, and they really shouldn't. (Exhibit A: oakmoss. O_o)

See if you can land a decant of Montresor - or just buy a bottle. :P It's the Edgar Allan Poe of cherry scents, dark and evil.

Ah...I used to have a pack of cherry cloves that I would only smoke once in a while - until someone stole them at a party. :P I don't feel the need to buy another pack, but I loved the smell. I'm pretty new to BPAL, so could anyone point me in the direction to any oils that would give me that scent without the cancer?

Thanks,

~K

Hmmm I'm thinking mantle of venus and three witches as far as cloves, but there's no cherry in there.

Try blood and blood kiss.

Kyoto and Kabuki are definitely on my wishlist! That description of Dragon's Milk sounds delicious! I'll have to try that out.

I'll see if I can get a bit of Montresor. If I like it, I suppose I'll have to change my forum name to evilcherry. :P

I know about searching too, I found most of my wishlist items with the search feature, but quite a few things don't have descriptions. I would have never known Ace of Cups was so deliciously cherry without getting a frimp of it, or someone telling me.

So I guess that's what I'm really looking for, those little hidden sweet treats!

Kabuki's got a lot of cherry in it, but clove...that, I have no clue.

Kabuki has cherry and anise, so it definitley has exotic spice and cherry, though its not exactly cloves. Might be worth a shot, anyway!

I'm testing out March Hare as I type this, and that's sweet apricot compote dusted with enough ground cloves to tickle my nose. I picture it going well with a Betsey Johnson dress.

If you can find the thread that's got snippets of BPAL in the media, there's this one article that mentioned an oil that smells just like clove cigarettes.

Edited by Abberlaine Arrol

Madrid! Not dead-on clove cigarettes, more like sitting outside at a cafe drinking wine while smoking a clove cigarette.

French Creole, if you can get your paws on it. It's discontinued, but rumor has it that it may be resurrected as a TAL. To my nose, it smells like cloves, white cake, baby powder and cherry coca-cola! :P

Cherry scents I've tried:

Blood was VERY cherry on me all through the wet stage.

Blood Rose hits me as cherry, but a dark cherry.

Dragon's Blood may be lots of lilac, but the cherry is definately there. It did fade almost entirely on me after a while.

Eclipse is completeley sweet almond, JUST like marzipan.

Wrath could work, but the clove and cinnamon were strong. The dbr was quite nice and cherry, though.

Not exactly cherry, but nice nonetheless:

Akuma is orange and raspberry. It was very delicious.

Swank, crisp pomegranite. Sweet and sugary. Lovely.

Tintagel is grape syrup wet and during most of the drydown on me. Granted, the other notes in the blend add in and make the blend a bit more dirty.

Hecate is definitely very almond! It's like a shot of amaretto. I've also seen Black Phoenix recommended for almondy goodness, though I haven't tried it.

You might want to see if you can find any Cerberus for sale or swap. It doesn't say cherry in the description, but on me and lots of others, it was like a chocolate-covered cherry.

Okay, so I get the picture with Black Phoenix, but it's been two years - does anyone have any new, exciting cherry findings, and particularly BLACK cherry? I will likely be ordering Earth Phoenix, and in discussing the notes with my fiance, discovered that he is extremely fond of black cherry and supports the idea of me smelling like it. :P

The Red Queen (deep mahogany and rich, velvety woods lacquered with sweet, black-red cherries and currant) is a really lovely cherry scent that isn't too sweet or medicinal... it smells exactly like the description.

Blood Kiss (lush, creamy vanilla and the honey of the sweetest kiss smeared with the vital throb of husky clove, swollen red cherries, but darkened with the vampiric sensuality of vetiver, soporific poppy and blood red wine, and a skin-light pulse of feral musk) is also an interesting, complex take on cherry. The vetiver, wine, and spice temper the sweetness and make it seem dark and sensual.

I don't usually care for sweet, fruity scents, but I like both of these.

Thanks to both of you! I, like Apple, am not generally a fruity-scent person, so I definitely appreciate the guidance. :P

Have you tried Phantom Calliope (black cherry, patchouli, cassis, cardamom & verbena)?

I don't really notice the patchouli - it's a deep dry spicy cherry on me & lasts forever.

One of my cold weather favorites. :P