Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Rosabella

I need more Cherry!

I recently sniffed the original formula Jergen's Lotion and it was so nostalgic for me. So I did a search for scent descriptions containing both cherry and almond at BPAL but none were found. Is there an oil that smells like cherry & almond even if those aren't the ingredients? One with no resin/incense notes?

Also, is there an oil that smells like Lust without the patchouli?

Thanks!

Bastet, to me, started with that cherry-almond note, though it didn't last long. (It faded into a gentle, incensey spice. Lovely!) I'm not a huge almond fan, though, so maybe others will have better suggestions. :P

Believe me, Black Phoenix is ALL cherry and almond, all the time.

i will see everyone's recommendation of black phoenix and raise them a queen of sheba.

Edited by diabolique

I'll recommend Dana O'shee for a sweet, milky, almond scent. While it doesn't contain cherry, some people associate cherry so strongly with almond that they smell cherry anyway.

I love that scent, too and unfortunately I haven't tried anything that really strikes me as remotely similar with BPAL :P the closest is Dana O'Shee but that just has the almond, no cherry. Maybe layer Dana with some single note Cherry if you can get your hands on it? Black Phoenix definitely isn't going to be what you're looking for because it's waaaay smoky on the drydown. It has resin/incense notes somewhere in there.

Centzon Totochtin is extremely cherry and slightly almondy. It's a beautiful scent and going to be my first 10ml. :P

I tend to agree with luxuria....Black Phoenix isn't what you're looking for if you want just cherry/almond with no incensey smokiness on the drydown. Kabuki is probably the scent that comes closest, imho.

I really don't think that Beth has a blend that duplicates that sweet but fresh cherry/almond scent of Jergens. I love the smell too. :P

I never got any incense from Black Phoenix, just that cherry Coke - almond scent... Hearth was very similar on me, and Kabuki is very cherry as well. Queen of Sheba is a huge favorite of mine, but on me it is extremely spicy, start to finish! Sorry if I am just duplicating other's suggestions... but I'd just try and get my hands on imps of what people have recommended and try them yourself, since you can see that body chemistry can really affect what you get out of these.

I never got any incense from Black Phoenix

I second that. Black Phoenix on my skin is all almonds, cherries and roses.

Somebody mentioned Hecate - I would not advice using this one if you don't like incense-y blends. Hecate from the vial is almost pure almonds, but applied looses that note and becomes very oriental blend, with lots of myrrh and musk. There is no cherry in there at all!

edit: Aargh... I couldn't make more typos in one post, could I?

Edited by Diedra

Hmmm, well I got a lot of incense in the drydown of Black Phoenix. :P

So I guess that shows you how valuable opinions are. I agree that she should probably just test a variety of scents with cherry in them and see how they do on her skin.

What they do on your skin, or my skin, isn't too helpful.

Noooo! Centzon Totochtin is so beautiful and the truest cherry scent I've found so far. Which is extremely weird, since there is no cherry in there. :P Black Phoenix was pure cherry/almond on me when first applied and then dried to weird floral/fruity/spicy scent combo. Complex indeed...

Noooo! Centzon Totochtin is so beautiful and the truest cherry scent I've found so far. Which is extremely weird, since there is no cherry in there.  :P Black Phoenix was pure cherry/almond on me when first applied and then dried to weird floral/fruity/spicy scent combo. Complex indeed...

There damn well better not be any cherry in Centzon Totochtin. I'm expecting a bottle of it this week.

If it smells like cherry I will cry. :D