Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Tramp

Temple: Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn

Background: Dating from the late 1880's, Golden Dawn is an order dedicated to the study and advancement of spiritual knowledge and magical power. Golden Dawn draws on, and includes the study of, Christian mysticism, Kabbalah, Hermeticism, Egyptian deities, Theurgy, Alchemy, Enochian Magic, and medieval grimoires.

In the bottle: Glorious and warm. Herbal florals.

On: Very strong. Is that sandalwood and jasmine? I'm not sure about the jasmine but is my best guess (I'm in disbelief because all BPAL jasmine hates me - but this is beautiful)

Ritual: Excellent aide to study and concentration. Centering and calming.

I got an imp of this. I very occasionally use a particular form of divination according to the Golden Dawn method, and I thought it would be nice to have something to honor the method's origins, but because its something I don't do very often, I didn't think I would need more than an imp. But my muse really loves this stuff and is drawn near by it, so I may end up with a bottle. I would say this is very potent and evocative stuff, and I'll end up using it more than I thought I would.

It also smells incredible. This is my third Temple blend and so far they're all just beautiful. The Golden Dawn blend smells... well... a bit like White Shoulders, oddly enough. But a little more 'gold', a deep, glowing aroma. Maybe 'White Shoulders' meets 'Fallen'. It's mysterious, but a bright kind of mysterious, like the moment of awakening from a profound dream.

Scent: A warm floral-spice that is golden and very reminiscent of the scent of White Light and High John the Conqueror.

Use: This is an excellent aid to Golden Dawn study and ritual. This is going to be a very popular TAL oil for me!