Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A carnivorous enchantress: diverse, lovely and graceful, emitting a sticky, glowing golden, sweet and terminally inviting scent. Its dew is believed to grant eternal beauty and longevity, and restore vitality and vigor to the magician.

Feminine, delicate, yet bold in its own right. This is a heavenly, womanly floral perfume that smells like a goddess in a bottle. It's like daffodils and flowering trees on a hot summer day. At first I thought it didn't have much throw, but it's one of those scents that clings really strongly to the skin. Sexy, I like this one a lot; destined to be a BPAL classic.

Wow!There are many varied responses to Sundew here.I only see a few that are close to my own.Sundew,like it's namesake is a liquid,sweet and sticky scent.It also has a spicy note that becomes more prevalent with time.I have no idea what it is,possibly carnation as someone has suggested.

Anyway,I love it.It reminds me of Maiden only because of the spicy floral aspect.

PRE-CONCEPTIONS : Got this in a swap. Sounds like pure light, the bare essence of its name. No other way to describe it. I'm picturing greens and yellows, something bright and happy despite the description.

IMP SNIFF : No malice lurking beneath here, it smells exactly like I imagined it would. Such a clean, light scent.

WET : *sniff* Hmm, something that I can't quite place; it would be interesting to see what went into this. It seems as if there's almost something citrus-y hidden beneath what ever it is I'm smelling. Something very dew like about this. This scent is definitely YELLOW. In addition to the citrus there is definitely a whiff of honey in there. Very faint but still enough to sweeten things up.

SECOND TAKE : Its driving me nuts that I can't place the scent. Meanwhile this is still yellow. The citrus is still there playing hide and seek. This reminds me of a green plant with delicate tendrils and delicate yellow blossoms out in the garden umungst the other plants. Its morning and the sun is shining on it, one of the limbs has been broken and its bleeding a soft white dew out that the sun turns an absolutely brilliant soft gold. But its not sticky when it catches on your fingers, rather its light like water and probably faintly flowery to the taste. So far its remained remarkably true throughout the dry down.

DRY : Oh noes! I can hardly smell it anymore, but what I do smell is more like linens when they've been caught drying in the sun and the breeze. Its causing my mouth to water, it sort of tastes like what an hour after drinking orange juice after you've brushed your teeth smells like. Very faint but that's how my mouth is responding.

OVER ALL : While Sundew is very pretty it just doesn't like to stick with me. Like the dew its named for it goes too quickly under my touch and really isn't quite my thing. So back to swaps it goes!

In the imp: Sweet and sticky. Very sweet. Sunflowers, very faintly?

On the elbow, wet: This is sickly sweet to me, it smells vaguely of decay. I can see this being the scent of a carnivorous plant. At the same time that it repels me I find myself glued to it, attracted to it, wanting to smell it some more.

On the elbow, dry: Despite being so sickly sweet and smelling vaguely reminiscent of overripe fruit at the verge of beginning to rot, it is not an overpowering scent, nor is it entirely unpleasant.

Final Analysis: This scent is quite a challenge, it morphs alot and is wonderfully blended. Despite it being far too sweet for my usual tastes I want to keep it, maybe there will be a day when it suits my mood. I wanted to note also, that I kept being put in mind of honeyed apples. This was a very sweet, sticky and yellow scent, but at the same time evoked images of fresh flowers and fruit, while smelling vaguely like decay. Very complex, I like it!

Frimp from the generous Lab. :P

In the Imp: Light and bright and sunny-- I'm getting nameless white and yellow florals (the same kind that were in Asphodel), airy and sweet, and maybe a splash of something green like grass, a touch of something citrus-- orange?-- and a gentle aquatic... like dew on morning grass. It's beautiful.

Wet: .... Aloe? It's bitter and green and citrussy for a moment, like Holiday Moon without the soap, and then dies down into a soft, musky floral with crushed greenery and citrus and air and just a hint of soap. (*sigh*) Lovely nonetheless.

Dry: Soft and blended and beautiful.. the best bits of clean laundry, wet grass and flowers all smooshed together with a touch of sunlight. This is gorgeous. It's awfully light on me, though, I'd appreciate a bit more throw, but hey, maybe I'll just slather.

I never in my wildest dreams expected to like Sundew, but once my frimp came my way by a lovely forumite I discovered I did!!!

My imp leaked and now I smell it all throughout my room and it's lovely. It's tangy and juicy for sure, but also a sweet floral however it goes on extremely soapy but smoothes out as it dries. There's a tinge of spiciness there as well...like the spice carnation has but obviously not carnation. To me it most closely resembles honeysuckle with a smidge of amber. It's fresh without being astringent and floral without being cloying. Definitely a keeper.

This scent is GORGEOUS. The name says it all...it's sunny, bright, cheery and dewy. I smell citrus and sunshine and laughter and warmth and honeydew :P A must have~

Sunny floral! Seriously, a golden yellow floral. I would say daffodils, because that's what everyone else is saying, and because it's an appropriately yellow. however, I don't know what a daffodil smells like. This is such a happy scent! It makes me think of Clinique Happy, because this is what Happy (of the non-exuberant, quietly, yet brightly, glowing sort) should smell like.

hm...

when i tried this a few weeks ago, i LOVED it.

it was the Body Shop's Juba and some Sunny Delight and a healthy heaping spoonful of yum.

now... i've tested from a different imp and....

there's a wierd baby powdery note coming in... and the Juba-y-ness is much fainter. (if i still had the other imp i'd test it out on my other arm and compare to see if it is just a batch difference)

now:

something reminds me of the old "Sunflowers" perfume (eww)

with some daffodils/jonquils and syrupy-sweet lemon-scented washing up liquid soap.

i've already ordered a bottle...

i don't *dislike* this by any means, but i can't quite decide how i feel about it.

In the vial: a bit like Moxie; very bright.

On the skin: It is almost sickly sweet to me. Not really citrus, but a golden scent none the less. Can't really place it. Not sure this is really something for me.

Sundew-

In Bottle: A very fresh, outdoorsy floral scent. Like the sort with which they'd scent laundry detergent.

Wet: Bright lemony floral; a bit strong on me. Fortunately that starts to burn off rapidly.

Dry: Unquestionably a floral, but different from a lot of cloying floral scents. Not that hot ozone-y floral either, but pretty. On the end of the dry-down I get that berryish note that I got in Baneberry (I really love Baneberry).

Overall: A pretty scent. I like, conditionally.

Sundew did not work on me. It smelled nice in the bottle, but, on, it got very disconnected and all the pretty smells went away in the dry down. Ugh.

Sundew is warm and crisp. It’s freshly washed clothes dried and warmed by the sun and lying in the green grass feeling your body being warmed by the sun. Yup: yellow, orange golden sunshine. A floral with a dry sweetness and maybe some white musk. I don’t think it’s one I’d wear on its own, as it feels a bit too dry and clean, but along with other sunny and fruity (like Shango whch I’m wearing it with today) scents, it’s lovely.

Sundew is thick, sticky honeysuckle. I can't detect anything else on me, and it stays pretty true on the drydown. My parents had a honeysuckle bush in their yard and this is what it smelled like on a hot summer day.

Florals generally aren't me, but I like this, probably because of the nostalgia factor.

A.

This is joy in a bottle. It reminds me of clean wet clothes hanging out to dry, mixed with the scent of the flowers in the yard and the fresh dewy grass in the shade. I live in AZ so it's sunny basically year-round, and it reminds me of the best parts of our (very limited) cool spring weather. This is so bright and cheerful and fresh. Also reminds me a bit of clean skin, right after someone has showered and used some kind of lovely smelling soap.

I know my SO is going to love this on me, so I may have to spring for a bottle.

This smells like sunflowers. Very pretty and warming, not too sweet, and almost has a toasted grain undertone with a tiny hint of cinnamon spice.

Good for dreaming of a summer sunbeam on a cold, wintry day.

At the beginning, this was a citrusy yellow sort of scent. I do get the sunflower imagery.

After a couple of hours, the citrus smells resides and the floral undertones come out to the fore.

Verdict: This is a happy scent. But the drydown of it is very similar to other white florals I have. It was a very interesting scent though.

Wet, Sundew was a sweet yellow floral -- daffodil and maybe a hint of honeysuckle or dandelion. As it dried, a sweet tangerine scent came out and overpowered most of the florals, which remained as a dusty pollen scent behind the citrus. It's somehow a *warm* citrus scent which I unfortunately don't like very much. I'll try it out a few more times to see if it shifts.

Muted floral with a waft of citrus...truly one of my favorite things I've ever smelled from the lab. Sunny and lovely.

However, then the poison rears its head...the SECOND this touched my skin, I got huge welts. I have no idea why, but this scent does not like me at all...I actually swapped it so I wouldn't accidentally get any on me.

:P

In the bottle: very strong, sunny floral. It does remind me of Sunflowers perfume (do they still make that?). I can smell all sorts of yellow flowers, daffodils, sunflowers, buttercups, daisies, maybe a hint of woodiness to temper the florals. It really is a nice fragrance, however on my skin something goes wrong. There is an undercurrent of cat piss, and that's really not what I want in a perfume. Damn it I bought a whole bottle of this, now I have to swap it. Oh yeah, the throw is strong, and it lasts forever.

i smell bright, lush florals. and cinnamon? just a touch? and something like fresh green grass. and maybe some juicy, tart red fruit? whatever’s in this, the name fits perfectly. it’s sunny and warm and summery. a keeper.

In bottle: florals and a bit of something citrusy

Wet: honeysuckle with an edge of ozone. As long as the edge doesn’t get too strong it’ll be lovely (other wise it will be as good at doing in bugs as its namesake).

Dry: Juicy honeysuckle on a crisp spring night. Very nice. It makes me feel very feminine but not in a little girl way (for all it reminds me of a perfume I had when I was very little.)

Later: The flower fades to a ghost as night comes leaving sweet spring air.

Summary: Lovely – definitely one to consider for a bottle.

Sundew is one of my favorite GC scents. It's lightly floral, lightly green down beneath the big bright yellow sweet ball of happy sticky warmth. It makes me feel happy, it makes me feel alive, and it's a good replacement for the sun on a cold, snowy winter's day.