Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Sundew

A carnivorous enchantress: diverse, lovely and graceful, emitting a sticky, glowing golden, sweet and terminally inviting scent. Its dew is believed to grant eternal beauty and longevity, and restore vitality and vigor to the magician.

Tangy, spicy soap. Lemon rinds in a sweet dessert. Citrus air freshener in a bathroom with fragrant wooden walls. Bright, sweet, and zesty. This scent is bringing up many different thoughts. Overall, I think it's kind of weird and not really my thing.

[ 3 - Like ]

Definitely yellow - my first thought was sunflowers. not sure if that is even accurate - but that is what it evoked in me. It is cheery, happy, sunny and airy. Fresh, but I do not get any "clean" smell. Something is sweet.

In the imp - pure yellow flowers with bright green leaves. a field of dandelions and other yellow wildflowers in the dew of the morning.

Wet on skin - there is something sweet in here - melon? honeydew. bright yellow fades to soft yellow/green.

Dry on skin - i swear i smelled snapdragons. i love that smell!

Sadly, this smell quickly dissappears on me. Within a half an hour, the smell was completely gone :P Maybe I will have to put this in some lotion or product to help it stay around longer.

I may have to buy some of this for the spring/summer. Another surprisingly great smelling floral on me.

8/10

This starts off pretty soapy and green (at the same time). Like the sap from crushed plant stems.

As I wear it, it mellows out quickly into a sunny, warm flowery sweetness. It's very pretty! I'm reminded of the first stages of Poisson d'Avril (which I love).

This is lovely - warm and dewy and floral. It definitely lives up to its name! <3

Rappaccini's Garden: Forever reminding me that I don't know plants.

This is awfully lovely. It's a very bright, cheerful scent. It's not "green" though, whatever that's supposed to mean. It definitely has a clean laundry thing going on, but when has that ever been a bad thing?

I'm getting the feel of clean linens on the line, a very sunny day, with a breeze blowing in off of the ocean, lots of grass and flowers....

Very fresh and pretty. Definitely a summer scent for me :P

It smells just like I imagined something called Sundew WOULD smell like. It's slightly floral, but has a watery tone to it (dewy of course) and a slightly sweet golden note that borders on being floral fruity. It makes me think of those little girl perfumes - you know the ones they market towards girls who haven't gotten into "real" perfumes yet, and they are usually light and innocent smelling. This makes me think of those - it's very airy and innocent with just a slight sweetness to it. Very girly!

Sundew lives up to its namesake by being so luxuriously sticky and golden. It's a very deep scent, but there's a fruity undertone that keeps it appropriate for warm weather. To be honest, I'm not quite sure what this one's notes are, because it's so well blended, but for me it's the perfect embodiment of a sunny summer day. It reminds me a lot of Elizabeth Arden's Sunflowers perfume, not because they smell identical, but that they have the same warm, langorous feel.

4.5/5

For visual minds, Sundew smells exactly the way Tiamat's "Wildhoney" cover looks:

tiamatkj0.jpg

Sticky, golden/orange summer sweetness.. but not that sweet. I'd say this is a floral for people who dislike forals.

In the bottle: Fresh, green, citrusy floral. Maybe a little spicy-carnation. A touch soapy.

Wet: Grapefruit zest, an aquatic note (giving that clean soapiness), carnation, heliotrope, other pastel flowers. Bright and refreshing.

Dry: Fresh, citrusy light, feminine florals. Clean but no longer soapy. And I can finally pin down another floral...daffodil! This makes it sort of creamy and golden. Some honeysuckle too, maybe.

Summary: Crisp, citrusy floral that morphs into a slightly fruity, spicy,and creamy blend of white and yellow flower, fresh green notes. It's gorgeously bright and feminine. Decent throw, moderate lasting power.

It may be a bit too generic for me, but I'll hang onto my imp for now.

in the imp: spicy sunshine! i really can't describe it any better than that! :P

wet on skin: spicy and floral at the same time. like daffodils and cinnamon. :D

dry down: the above, but more mellow and with a bit of carnation thrown in.

in all: not much for florals, but this blend is unusual and will likely excite many a floral and spice fan alike!

This is really hard to describe, because it's not quite floral and not quite green and I can't pick out any specific notes. It smells a bit wild, definitely warm and glowing. There's a sort of sparkling, sinister quality and it comes across as a glowing yellow orange and red scent.

In the imp: Warm florals and citrus.

Wet: It reminds me of sunflowers and lilies for some reason. Nice and pleasant.

Dry: It smells more like ginger and citrus to me now. A little spicy, but relaxing.

Overall: It's probably not a scent I'd wear all the time, but it's nice.

Yellow flowers, and something effervescent and glowing, something indefinable that I was *hoping* Stimulating Sassafrass Strengthener would be.

I see Van Gogh's Sunflowers when I smell this...the popping colors, the warm fuzzy yellowness. This scent is truly a work of art.

In the imp, this is light and very naturally sweet.

It gets slightly warmer on my skin, and when it dries, it's a very warm, skin-like smell - like me, only sexier. Very light, very subtle.

Initial thoughts: I'm a real waverer on the Garden scents - on the one hand, they sound great and I love simple blends. On the other hand, I really have no idea whatsoever as to what to expect from most of them. This, however, I'm pining for exactly what it says - a sweet, bright scent.

In the imp: Fresh, bright, very golden - but erring on the side of citrus, which sets off alarm bells in my head. It's also not as sweet as I was expecting - and I like SUGAR sweet.

On the wrist, wet: This is distinctly citrus. And I amp citrus like crazy in the wet stages. Uh oh - I'm not actually hopeful for this, but I'm going to give it the benefit of the doubt because some citruses do calm down on me.

Twenty minutes later: Yup, the citrus has calmed down. However, I'm not really sure of what's left. It is a light, yellow floral, but it's very faint on me. If I snuffle right up to my skin, I get a bit of sweetness, but it's nothing close to what I was hoping for. It's a bit like a watery Ahathoora, and I prefer Ahathoora.

Verdict: Not something I'll wear, so swap pile 'tis

Tl;Dr: Citrus in the wet stages, drying down to a gentle yellow floral with a hint of sweetness.

**Approaches a ginormous green leaf covered in amber masquerading as a platform, is dragged away by mutant yellow FLOWERS.**

Sundew is a fresh, green floral, and it smells like it may be in the Lily family.

It's pleasant enough, but it smells extremely cheap, like a prepackaged FO that should have ended up in shampoo but snuck in under the gate and got into a BPAL.

Generic in the extreme, for me.

Edited by couscous

This smells like Elizabeth Arden Sunflowers with a swirl of BPAL. (?) It just has a muted softness to it that keeps it from going full-on into headache territory.

Still, it's too bright and aquatic for my tastes. It does have a soapy note, as well.

I will say that it improves continuously as it dries down.

Pretty, just not me.

3.2 out of 5

Imp: A flower garden. Floral and green.

Wet on me: I know this note but I can't put

a finger on it. Warm & sunny, flower & green.

Drying Down: Flowers with a back trace of green

now. Sunny and summer and bright!

Dry: Really bugging me that I know the note but

can't remember the name for it. Tip of the tongue thing. Smells

almost like a flower shop. Is this Sunflower? Now I need to go

and smell one.

Love this. Eventually bottle worthy

In The Bottle

Spicey floral

On Application

As above. Really quite spicey

Dry Down

I can't quite place what the spice is - cinnamon perhaps? This is quite nice and not really what I was expecting. Bright and warm. Not my thing however.

Rating (0-5)

In the imp: Fresh and clean with something lemony about it.

Applied: Some sort of soft spring floral, agree with other reviewers that it could be daffodil. There is also something wet and green and still the touch of lemon.

Dry down: The lemon fades and it becomes just a soft, sunny scent. Not too sweet or perfumey. Lovely fresh scent for summer.

in the bottle: this smells oddly familar but i can't place it.

on skin: my boyfriends little girl got it in one she said it smells like sunscreen! She is so right that's exactly what this smells like not unpleasant but definitely not something i want to smell like all the time.

In the imp and upon initial application this smelled fairly generic, floral, and soap-y. (Sightly disappointing because I had mentally confused Sundew with HONEYdew and was really looking for a nice melon-y scent.... also disappointing because generic, floral, and soapy are NOT what I want to be described as smelling like)

After a few minutes, though, there is some sort of spicey kick that comes out so now we're generic, floral soap with cinnamon...

Better... but still not something I'll probably ever wear again.

Not that it smells bad... just not my thing.

Oh... and fyi for anyone who was confused like I was...

In Vial:Crisp clean floral

Wet: Smells like soap

Dry: No longer smells like soap but more like a light yellow floral.