Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
blackrayne

Dragon's Blood

Powerful, commanding, blazing with strength.

Fantastic!! Its divine on my skin but I think it would be even more fantastic as a room scent during ritual.

Makes me feel all mysterious and powerful...yummy!

I've tried three DB blends previously (Blood, Blood Lotus, and Dragon's Musk) but this is my first time trying Dragon's Blood itself. The oil reminds me of cough syrup. But the smell is divine! A sweet, spicy floral, definitely not what I was expecting but a very pleasant surprise. I want a bottle of this as soon as possible.

Dragon's Blood

Woah, not at all what I was expecting. I was thinking something spicy, incense-y and heavy. (Maybe along the lines of Blood.) Instead, this is bright and floral. Of course, I would have known that if I had read any of the BPAL reviews on this, but I tend not to read those until after I've already tested, so as not to sway my first impressions. Some say this is like lilac, and I can see that. Despite it being nothing like what I thought it would be, I still happen to like it as much as I had hoped I would. It's simply lovely, and somewhat energizing, might I add.

[1 - Hate] .. [2 - Dislike] .. [3 - Like] .. [4 - Really Like] .. [5 - Love]

4 : Anything that resembles lilac is win to me, as that's one of my absolute favorite flowers!

in the imp it was a little sweet, slightly spicy with tiny floral hints;

freshly applied all i could think was 'cherry coke', it was very very sweet, too sweet for my skin;

after a while it was more like it was in the imp, and more wearable.

its ok, but i find it too sweet even after the warm-down.

This one had a strange, but very linear transformation on my skin. From the bottle through the first hour on my skin, it was all a heavy, chemical-y soap. Sometime after thet it switched to a pure, somewhat tropical floral, probably freesia, or maybe lilac. It pretty much stayed that way until it died. It had none of the depth or drunk-on-power kick that I think Dragon's Blood ought to have. *sigh*

Wow, this is completely gorgeous!

It's very red smelling. I think I smell rose and cherry (possibly a little cinnamin?) and I'm not quite sure what else. It's wet smelling even once its dry. It does seem to pulse with energy in a good way. This definitely is evocative of strong pulsing blood, full of life and strength.

I love this!

In the imp it smells like a citrusy-slightly alcoholic suntan lotion. I'm really gonna be sad if all of the dragon's blood scents turn out like this! This is almost exactly how Dragon's Eye turned on me.

On, it's not at all the strong powerful scent that I was hoping for at all. I get suntan lotion. Got damn it!!

Gah this really makes me really sad! Now I'm scared that all of the dragon scents are going to turn to suntan lotion on me :P

I have tested this twice and have come to the conclusion that it doesn't work on me.

In the imp: Sweet (love it)

Wet: the sweetness fades really fast and becomes a very strong floral (nice but I'm not hundred percent sure I like).

Dry: The floral scent fades into a strong soapy scent which leads me to believe that this has rose in it because sadly, every bpal rose scent I've tried goes soapy on me.

This will probably go into swaps or I might save it to try it as a room scent.

I find dragon's blood itself to be such a fascinating substance smell-wise. I have bought some of the resin incense too and feel the same way about it whether in the BPAL oil or in the resin.

Dragon's Blood on it's own in an incredibly rich scent. It has several layers inside it:

Bottom: Rich and warm with a musky note, creamy and smooth...this layer is slightly foody to me.

Middle: (this is the most elusive layer on me) a thin layer, stringent and sharp (like citronella or lemon...a resin smell).

and Top: A floral quality that has a strong lilac-like component to it.

Sweet Wasabipea sent me a frimp of this one. :P I have had it on my list for a while and was very excited to try it. I LOVE Dragon's Milk. It is even more like a foody treat Dragon's Eye, though, was way too much of a straight lilac-floral on me.

On my hubby, the stringent component is more citronella like and the floral component is still too strong.

Dragon's Blood.... Rich, powerful..slightly sweet (?)

It's a definite red scent. And I can understand why it's in Wrath too.... I knew I would love this one because I was, indeed, frothing at the mouth when I got Wrath. :P

I realize that I now have to get all of the Ars Draconis collection.

in the bottle: sweet, dark, resinous. nothing definable, just...rich.

wet on skin: a fantastic lilac scent dominates. it's hard for me to find lilacs in frangrances that don't smell like chemical-soap nastiness, but this smells like actual lilac FLOWERS.

dry down: lilacs all the way. BEAUTIFUL.

in all: a divine floral, for any time of year, and any reason. :P

I just got this as a frimp in an order, which was great as it it was on my must-try list. Oh boy, was I surprised.

On me, it's sweet sickly chemically floral. Shockingly strong and soooooo plastic floral. It gets softer, but not much. :P So disappointing for me.

Ha, even before seeing VioletChaos' review I was thinking 'lilacs'!

Dragon's Blood reminds me of lilacs, and a swirl of cream and honey, and maybe just a little tiny bit of fruitiness. Definitely a sweet scent, something along the lines of sweet pea or ylang-ylang, except I don't really care for either of those and I looove Dragon's Blood. It has that powdery touch to it that those single notes do, I guess.

Love it.

Spicy-sweet fruit and floral... not violet or lavender. *looks round* We have a huuuuuuuuge lilac bush on the side of our house--there's a faint hint of that in here, faintly sweet and melancholy.

I smell like rose scented soap. And maybe a bit of carnation. It smells horribly wonky on me, so I'm sending this one off to the swaps pile.

In vial: dragon's blood.

Wet on skin: it smells the way it looks - thin and a bright, clear red. It's actually nicer than the other dragon's blood scents I've tried, Wrath and Dragon's Heart - clean and lightly fruity.

Dry on skin: this smells of hyacinth on me (so did Wrath). It's quite sweet and light and pleasant, but not one I'll ever get a bottle of. My daughter bagged it that's fine with me.

i love dragon's blood. however this was just kinda boring, i suppose it was only because of it being straight dragon's blood and not mixed with anything else. it seem that a lot of the other drgaon's blood blends i've tested, the dragon's blood gets amped up and seems more balanced and well rounded.

this one is something i'll pass on.

It's really weird. On me, it smells like incense but not dragon's blood. I'd almost say herbal and soapy, with a little sweet flower somewhere, even after an hour or so. It continues to kind of burn my nose too. I won't be keeping this one, I don't think. Haha, my body chemistry must like playing tricks on me...

I had problems with some of the dragon's blood blends so was a bit cautious of straight up Dragon's Blood when it came as a frimp in my last lab order.

How wrong I was to have any worries, though, this is gorgeous and divine!

A warm, powerful, sensual scent I love.

I need a bottle of this!

This RED scent oozes power and has a warm, slightly sweet floral/woodsy/resiny scent to it which I adore.

An imp isn't enough to wear and try for ritual purposes, so it's being added to my list of bottles I most have.

Dragon's Blood smells like red, spicy, bottled strength to me. It is a hot scent, reminiscent of the tropical lands from where it comes. It's heady in an almost alcoholic way, like red wine, but yet is not boozy. It is magical and powerful and commands respect.

I'm not sure why I am writing a review for a scent which has no parallel in my mind. It's Dragon's Blood. It smells like Dragon's Blood is supposed to smell, only better and richer, since my previous experiences with Dragon's Blood were in the form of smoky incense.

I wear Dragon's Blood in my scent locket because, although it is bright red in the bottle, it stains my skin an unattractive yellow colour. Also, in the scent locket, the scent will remain for a really long time- several days, at least.

Dragon's Blood is a scent I cannot live without, and I'm not sure why it took me nearly a year to buy myself a 5ml.

I waited and waited - halfway into my imp testing initiation (out of 18 imps, this was about the seventh, I think). Anyway, I stared at the firey red liquid in the imp with hesitation. Unable to remember what the description said, I silently prayed that this wasn't cinnamon. The first whiff from the imp squelched my worries. Exotic dust is what this reminded me of right away. Like a chest full of forgotten nineties artifacts from my teenage years. There is something distinctly damp and earth bound about Dragons Blood.

On my skin it rapidly morphed into a dry, vaguely spicy scent. Sad pants. :P

If it would have remained just as it was fresh from the imp, I'd be thrilled and devoted to DB. Alas, the search continues...