Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

And here's another raffle prototype:

First sniff: Huh? *sniffs again* Hmmmmm… *more sniffage* I… it’s… hmmmm. I got nothin’. Which, I suppose, is appropriate. I can smell something in the bottle, but it’s very clean and very pale and very… blank.

Wearing: Right at first, it reminds me a little of Pele. A light, sunny, sort of tropical floral. There’s a lot more scent on me than there was in the bottle, and it’s nice.

i agree w/ shollin in the bottle this is one of those barely there scents, i can hardly smell it

on: musky (white possibly) lily, sandalwood, and possibly a hint of jasmine

Zero. What an *interesting* name! :P

I got an icy peppermint floral from this. A slight bit heady. But cool and white.

Zero is Zingy! :D

In the vial: This is so light. I can't pick out a single scent in this, but it's just there. It's not flowers, citrus, musk, sandlewood, fruit... the list goes on and on. It's just there.

On my skin: Bamboo? There's something here that reminds me of both Holiday and Budding Moon. There is a bit of a citrus hint to it on my skin which isn't a surprise. If there's any citrus in the scent, my skin will amp it up. Again, like Nihil, this is almost an absence of scent. It's like citrus scented dryer sheets. Yeah. That's exactly what it smells like to me.

The verdict: Interesting, but not me at all.

In Bottle: Floral

On Skin: A beautiful crystal clear floral. Quite perfumey, elegant and kind of department store-like. It has a medium throw and doesn’t seem to carry to far, but is quite amazing when you take a deep whiff of it on yourself. Another scent I’d love a bottle of, because it isn’t traditional BPAL at all. It’s more commercial, yes, but I think because of that it may layer with some of my “mainstream” scents like Jdore or Shalimar. It fades to a clean powdery white/yellow floral, quite beautiful.

Rating (on skin): 4/5

Summarised in a word or two: Floral!

Preconceived notions: Not a clue. Nothing?

In the imp: Ooh. Very faint, but quite pretty. Soft and powdery and a tad floral.

On skin, wet: This really does seem perfumey -- commercial, almost, but not in a bad way at all. Floral, but

On skin, dry: Clean and white and slightly powdery. A lovely dress-up scent. Something to wear when I have to be a respectable adult (:P). Girly, but not girly. I have no clue as to the notes, other than that it is floral.

Conclusion: I quite like this, but it's nothing like what I expected. I let my cat (Zero!) sniff it, and she didn't much care for it. Oh well -- I do! I think I might get a bottle when/if it's released, to wear to weddings, funerals and perhaps to work.

This smells like straight white floral to me- very clear & crystalline, piercingly sweet. Not faint on me- rather strong. Nothing fuzzing the scent up. It smells haughty and unapproachable, very Ice Princess. It isn't headache inducing or wrong smelling or anything- no, for what it is, it's nice. It isn't very me though. Glad I got to try it though, fun to sneak a peek at what Beth is up to.

3.5 out of 5, for nice execution, though it isn't terribly useful for me.

I wonder if zero has been changed since I got to try it. I didn't really get anything in common with anyone else as far as the notes. I didn't get floral from it at all. It seemed more foody to me. I don't think I mixed it up with any others because I took notes when I was there to keep track of what I tried and what I liked. *shrug*

I thought it was very sweet and warm and it reminded me of snake charmer or freak show (though I didn't have those on to compare it to.) This one really worked very well on me and I'm planning on getting a bottle when it is available.

ETA: Ok I tried it again. and this time I did get floral. It was a creamy, light, sweet floral. odd

Edited by brownbear

zero.jpg

Zero was va va va voom floral on me. Lasted for hours (a miracle on my skin) and was just lovely. There is some element of Queen Mab in Zero, and almost red orchid scent (that is a lyrical idea, not a real plant). It's clean, pleasantly astringent in a flowery way, and almost spicy. This one is a real winner and I hope it comes out soon because if it does, I'm going to snag me a bottle of Zero toot sweet.

Edited by olympia301

Zero turned a very light and pretty floral on me......I caught peonies in there as well as some lilac (?).

Wore it both on skin and in a scent locket and the throw was really good both ways.

It seemed to last a long time on my too - I could still smell it eight hours later!

Zero

In the imp: mmm, this smells quite similar to Nihil (not surprisingly) with it’s rich, exotic fruity-floral scent.

Wet on skin: I get a lovely fruity note reminiscent of kiwi and mango, underscored with damp greenery and flowers.

Dry: this is very nice! This smells very tropical, very lush and warm, and very well blended. There’s a slight ‘mainstream perfume’ vibe to it, but that’s a good thing in this case. There might be frangipani in here, it’s definitely a creamy, sultry floral scent, but with a tangy fruity sharpness which reminds me of kiwi, and perhaps a touch of mango, and also some citrus, and a layer of damp green leaves underneath. It really smells like summer and I love it!

After a while: hey? What happened to that blast of frangipani and fruit and tropical greenery? The scent has toned down an awful lot now…I can hardly smell it now-but I do get a faint sweet whiff of bananas on my skin. I still get little hints of the scent that was before (especially far from my wrist-which is unusual) but I also get banana, with a hint of lemon and vetiver underneath. Yes, the more I smell it, I’m sure there’s vetiver here…I can smell it lurking in the background.

Then the scent throw increases once more, but it’s changed. It’s now sweeter, darker, less floral and more fruity, with banana and some tangy fruits, but with that vetiver undertone to it.

Eventually, the odd banana note fades and I get something reminiscent of smoky plum-and with the vetiver, the result is very similar, on me, to King of Spades.

Verdict: another unusual and innovative blend. At first, it’s an explosion of tropical fruits and exotic flowers on a bed of damp rainforest greenery, I smell kiwi and mango and citrus with frangipani, it’s a warm, summery blend, very pleasant and I loved that stage of the scent. But then it goes through an odd phase-at first, it goes very faint, and then I get a banana note, along with vetiver. But then the end stage is almost like King of Spades-a dark, smoky, green vetiver-plum scent. I like this scent, but I really would have loved it if it stayed at its first, tropical fruit-floral stage for the entire duration of the scent. But I’ll keep the decant I have.

Emoticon rating: :P

It's been entertaining to read how different everyone's reviews for this are. I wish that Zero were fruity or foodie on me, but it's not working so well.

First on... perfumey white florals... then it dried down to a light dusting of baby powder within 15 minutes. It had faded away entirely within a half hour. It's exactly the sort of scent that would give me a headache if it were stronger... as it is, it's so light that I barely noticed it.

I'm already passing along my decant... I'll be interested to see what the actual notes in this are and if it changes any if it's ever released though.

Edited by Little Bird

In the imp: A soapy floral.

On my skin: I can barely smell this, and I can't pick out any notes. Maybe a floral, but don't quote me on that. I slathered it on, but it's barely there.

Zero faded almost immediately. I wasn't even finished jotting down notes, and it was gone.

at first: sweet, light, and airy.

on: very hard to describe. it's a bit sweet, almost smoky, and still very light and airy.

1 hour later: light and dusty. a bit sweet and possibly a hint of some sort of wood.

4 hours later: faint, but still vaguely sweet.

overall: this is really hard to describe, but i like it a lot.

Zero - When I sniff the vial, Zero smells lightly floral and flat. When I first apply it, it smells flat and thin, like there's not much to it, with a tiny touch of tropical florals and something that reminds me somewhat of Thunderbird -- lemony, but not. As it begins to dry down, it gains much more body, and becomes a bright, tropical floral. And then...after about a half an hour, Zero turns entirely into plumeria! It's the most gorgeous, abundant, lovely, fresh Plumeria I've ever smelled -- aside from sniffing them straight off the Plumeria trees in Hawaii. WOW! This is gorgeous! And the best part is that 10 hours later, it still smells as strongly of plumeria as it did when I first began to notice the plumeria scent, and 12 hours later, I can still smell it, although it's definitely begun to fade at this point. This is simply stunning, and I'm eternally curious how such a full-bodied, gorgeous scent that lasts and lasts was christened "Zero" by Beth. Simply a lovely scent. I will get much use out of this, and I'm crossing my fingers that it will someday be released and if so, I'll be buying a 10 ml bottle.

Edited by edenssixthday

Zero is a chilly, somewhat incensy floral. It's just.. perfumy.. and I have never been able to make out individual notes. This could be worn by a woman or a man. It's flat, and almost ever so slighty aquatic.

First thoughts: Light and feminine.

I'm not a fan of florals, but wow... Zero actually works on me.

It's a crisp, clean white floral with a hint of lingering sweetness. This is such a hard scent to describe... Zero is an appropriate name...

I wore this to a friend's bridal shower yesterday and recieved a half-dozen compliments on it.

In the imp: Clean, white, wet flowers. Yum.

On me, wet: Jasmine, yay!!!! Maybe some gardenia, too.

On me, dry: Jasmine and gardenia, somewhat toned down from wet.

Verdict: I have found the perfect BPAL, and it is unreleased. I weep.

On first application, I get a light...floral? I want to say it's a white floral, but it's musky as well. It doesn't quite verge on perfumey, but it's close. It's very feminine, and a little bit sweet. I like it.

Another cold floral, a lot like Nihil, but more mellow I think.. the two are very similar to my nose in that they both have this menthol/floral thing going on. Nihil isn't something I would wear, and I don't think I could wear Zero either :P Still, I'm glad I got to try it!

I got a huge blast of gardenia (it could be plumeria -- I've gotten gardenia and plumeria confused before) when I put this on. And unlike previous reviewers, this scent is LOUD on me. Not soft at all. Like I put my nose into a flower. A very yellow, very heady flower.

I have to say, it's really well done and quite pretty... but I'm just not a floral gal.

In the vial, I can hardly get any scent. Something slightly citrussy, maybe, but not much of it - maybe I'm just being fooled with by the name, though.

On my skin, this is soap. A floral one, though, but still soap. I'm a bright yellow transparent soap bar now. It does seem to have a pretty good lasting time, after all, but I think I'll wash it off. Doesn't work on me. =/

In the imp: Perfumey

On Skin: Kinda chilly, but it has an incensey core (reminds me to the incense in Morgause, actually). It kinda reminds me to Method's laundry detergent, I can't remember the scent type right now. Something very clean and pretty.

On Drydown: Incensey floral

Verdict: There is something very familiar about this, aside from the Method reference. I asked my husband to sniff it and he said that it smelled like "church". Not the actual church, but someone who went to church with them when he was young. In any case, I don't think this one is for me. I was hoping it would be chillier but its a rather warm and incensey floral on me.

Zero is very pretty. It's one of those scents that is barely there at all. It's not alcohol-based, but it has a slight perfumey tweak to it. I wonder if there's a white musk in there, followed by some soft, tropical florals. Plumeria? There's also a clear, clean aquatic quality to this. It's really such a different (and good!) blend than I'm used to. I wonder if this will ever be released so I can get more. :P