Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
voodoobaby

What to wear to a rock show?

Well, my first thoughts were Snake Oil and Perversion. They're both strong if you apply enough, and would kind of "blend" with the atmosphere...

Yes, Perversion would be a great choice as it's very strong and already has tobacco and booze notes in it, so that would work with the environment.

See, I can't really do citrus in the clubs (it's been so long). I used to wear a custom blended oil which was clove, nutmeg and a drop of cinnamon. Loved it. Spices can come off nicely at the rock shows.

On the Patchouli subject, hell yes. Go for it. Like I mentioned before, the first scent which came to my mind was Anne Bonny, which has the red patchouli in it. But, I also thought that Ravenous might be good for a club night as well. The orange blossom is pretty clean and the red patchouli gets it smutty and dirty. Love that scent and it has TONS of throw.

Tarty-tart-tart, you are makin' me jealous. I got on the forums just after the Formula ran OUT! :D After reading the description, that would be the best suggestion yet...but alas, it has gone the way of the Unicorn...:P

Okie - now that I'm home and have sorted through what I've got, these are the ones I'm considering:

Snake Oil

Morocco

Samhain

Sugar Skull

Satyr

Three Witches

The Caterpillar

Carnal

Sin

Voodoo

Imp

Black Forest

Sugar Cookie

Masabakes

and Muse ('cause I'm already wearing it and I haven't decided if I'm going to take a shower before the show.)

Or

Burberry Brit (although I'd really rather wear an oil tonight)

Edited by Spacekitty

I've worn Sugar Skull to a couple of rock shows in crowded, sweaty (although thankfully not smoky any more) bars, and found it held up really well. Out of your 'possibles' selection, I'd go with Sugar Skull, Samhain or Snake Oil.

My favourite rock-show scent, though, is Dead Man's Hand. :P

Vixen would be perfect to wear to a bar or club. It's loud, sexy and can cut through smoke and sweat.

Another good scent would be to layer Snake Oil and Scherezade. I tried this the other day and it was wonderful.

Sin, Anne Bonny, Spellbound, Lust or Bordello would be fabulous as well.

I ended up going with Voodoo and it was perfect. :P

Except - I must not have put that cap on properly the last time I used it and it was nearly empty (how I didn't smell this, I'll never know).

It was my first spill. :D I know it happens to almost everyone at some point. It was inevitable. I'm glad I wasn't there to see it... I would have gone ape. Finding out after the fact - I'm not as heartbroken about the loss. Especially with how fast the turnaround time is with new orders these days!

I wonder what kind of damage it did to my vanity?

Thanks for all the suggestions. I've added the ones I didn't have to my wish list. Anyone have any Smut they want to sell me? :D

Sin, Anne Bonny, Spellbound, Lust or Bordello would be fabulous as well.

I vote against Bordello, I wore it to a rock show a couple weeks ago and it smelled beautiful before I walked in the door but within minutes of coming in contact with the smoke and crowds it went really funky and sort of...screechy, sickly sweet. never again!

I second (or third, or fourth) Perversion.

Stardust! I do also recommend that one. Was lots of fun for friend's party with loads of people and wines and champagne and... well... everything.

I love Blood Rose for most things, really, but really recommend it for shows. The dark smoky scent in it works well with human sweat and smoke. Wanda is very similar, has leather in it, also works well with human sweat and smoke. Dragon's Heart is already slightly dirty and spicy, if you can over the slight cherry scent. All three are scents I use for shows. Gets you feeling good, people aren't disgusted by your scent, blend well with sweat and smoke.

I love dark, musky scents. They tend to be strong in their own right, so smoke won't really detract from their oomphy sex power.

My favorite is Scherezade by a long shot.

I'm going to see Il Divo at an outdoor venue in June in Atlanta, GA and I have NO IDEA which BPAL to wear. I'll probably be wearing something black and attempt to look classy.

As far as my scent preferences, I'm totally into heavy resins, tobacco, leather, spicy, and incensey scents, especially foody ones. But, what the heck do I wear outside on a summer night in Georgia?

What should I wear to the Siren Music Festival this weekend? Besides Siren (har har). Something good for being out in the sun for many hours on Coney Island, listening to good music and dancing. Bright and long lasting. I should also mention that I'm going with a boy who I have been totally in love with for 2 years now so I want to smell gooood. I will probably do my usual wake up in the morning and decide on the spot what BPAL to wear for the day but I would love some suggestions for wearing or layering.

I wore Mme. Moriarty into the last pit I went into, and it's pretty strong on me, and I wanted to wear something heavy and dark to begin with, but I still came out smelling like nothing at all.

(Was a very sweaty, exciting night.) :P

Usually I'd say Perversion, but you said Coney Island, and bright and long lasting, so 1st choice goes to Midway. And my back-ups would be Dirty-sunshine in a bottle, or 51, with it's nice soft musk. What did you choose?

I ended up grabbing an imp of Strawberry Moon as I was running late and needed something portable and it's one something I wear a lot. Didn't last all day but I didn't smell bad when I got home either.

Edited by heysunshine

This may or may not help, as it's a slightly different situation,

but whenever I go out to my "goth" club (which is rare nowadays) I usually wear either: Whip(w/ a touch extra of De Sade), Smut, Sin, or Dorian.

Probably b/c of the musk, but all of these scents smell great on me throughout the night, to the end, maintaining through smoke, (including clove smoke), sweat (and mine is quite acidic), leather, and whatever else the night throws at me.

I always get a multiude of compliments through the night, so even through the smoke, and stench of the crowd, the scent of these blends maintains, and doesn't morph.

I'd wear something that does not fade , like Snake Oil, which lasts forever. Last thing you want to do is break an imp mid-application!

My favorites for going out to a show are: the 13 from April 2007 (the guy next to me stuck his nose into my hair at one point, and I'm convinced it wasn't an accident :D ); Trick #2, Mme. Moriarty and Snake Oil. There's a "dirtiness" in those that meshes well with a dark, noisy club, and they have enough throw that you create a little aura as you glide on by :P

I wore Gluttony to a smoky club show once and all I could smell was me! And I survived a show where I was wedged up against some teenaged boys with that weird onion smell that teenaged boys tend to have by having some Eat Me dabbed on my hands. However neither of those are overtly sexy so I think I'm going with Perversion for the next concert I see, unless I finally trust my bottle of Snake Oil to not get weird on me.

I go with resins and spicy/foody scents when I go clubbing. I lay off on florals, unless it's deep rose, like Whip, because they just get drowned. Lately I've been wearing Shub and Smut when we go out. Definitely want something that doesn't fade.