Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
voodoobaby

What to wear to a rock show?

Now that the concert's over, this can become a regular thread for kickass concert-y blends! I wore Smut and Coffee & Kahlua (from MMU) and it was a blast.

Original post:

I'm going to a Billy Idol concert tomorrow (seeing the Crush for the first time in a while too) and have no idea what to wear!

What scents would go well with a hot pink fringe miniskirt? =P

Edited by Underline2

Jailbait? The Blockhead? Vice? Perversion? Bon Vivant? Hollywood Babylon?

Or maybe something like Swank, Manhattan, or the Hamptons?

Edited by naeelah

Bordello sounds like a good bet, and I know you have plenty on hand :P Otherwise something kind of gritty and metallic speaks to me. Galvanic Goggles, maybe? Robotic Scarab?

FWIW steven tyler loved my combo of dragon's milk and venus =-)

Hee! That's amazing!

I ended up wearing a mix of Smut and Coffee & Kahlua (from Make Me Smooth). It was amazing.

FWIW steven tyler loved my combo of dragon's milk and venus =-)

Hee! That's amazing!

I ended up wearing a mix of Smut and Coffee & Kahlua (from Make Me Smooth). It was amazing.

:P *drools* what a divine combination!

I think I wore Pirate Moon and Snake Oil to my Megadeth concert, and Smut to Iron Maiden last year. Pirate Moon & SO when down well when waiting in line for memorabilia - a girl commented on how someone smells really good, and it must have been me since I was standing directly behind her :D

I'm going to see Green Day tomorrow night -- what scent do you guys think I should wear? None of my usuals seem appropriate. Nothing with vetiver or patchouli ... other than that, I'm open to suggestions. (And there won't be smoking, 'cause it's an arena show, so that won't be a scent factor.)

hee! I opened this thread because I'm going to see Green Day next week when they hit Maryland. :P (Well, DC actually, but I'm in MD)

I default to Snake Charmer for something like that. It's pretty strong on me without being overpowering and will go with my outfit of jeans and T-shirt.

So something like that would be my suggestion. :)

Something else I'd consider wearing would be War. It stays true and strong on me for hours (one of the few BPALs besides SC that does) and doesn't need re-application.

Edited by unlaced

I am not at all surprised there is a thread for this. :) Seeing Incubus tomorrow night (didn't intend to, but the tickets are really good and really free), and my first thought (WELL before "what clothes do I wear?") was "what BPAL do I wear?"

I. Just. Don't. Know.

Hee! We got Flaming Lips tickets for next month... I am realizing that I don't have anything nearly absurd enough to wear for such an occasion! I may have to hunt down one of the new Mad Tea Party scents...

rock concert... something fun and a little on the dark side. I'd say perhaps Slippery Poppy Tincture, Famine, Mama Ji, and most of all... I think I personally would wear Tavern of Hell.

I wore B&BW's Jasmine Vanilla to a number of shows in the past. It always put noses in my cleavage without fail. I haven't been to a show recently, though, and no idea what BPAL I'd wear. I'm considering my options for the weekend-long power metal festival in early October. Patchouli loooves me, but I think those blends might be a little overwhelming for such close (and overheated) quarters. I'm almost definitely bringing Morocco, and it's the right time of year for Fearful Pleasure as well. Maybe Love's Philosophy too.

I am not at all surprised there is a thread for this. :) Seeing Incubus tomorrow night (didn't intend to, but the tickets are really good and really free), and my first thought (WELL before "what clothes do I wear?") was "what BPAL do I wear?"

I. Just. Don't. Know.

For me, Makhanitis. Plummy incense wafting to the gods that we call Incubus. yesh.

*drools*

I. Just. Don't. Know.

For me, Makhanitis. Plummy incense wafting to the gods that we call Incubus. yesh.

*drools*

Ooh, that would have been good. Or if I had the actual Incubus scent from Diabolus I would have worn it. But I didn't have enough warning to arrange that. As it was, I wore Zombie Apocalypse mostly because that's what I've found myself wearing all the time lately. Though it lasts forever on me on a normal day, it did not at all stand up to everyone's body odor, beer, and illicit smoke. But I guess that was a lot to expect from it.

Hehe.. I'm going to see Green Day when they hit Florida in August. I'm also wearing a tee and jeans tucked into my knee high boots, as I have no desire to be kicked in the shins if thing get wild :lol: I was thinking of wearing Hellcat, Midnight Kiss, or Lawn Gnome. They all have great staying power on me but I'm always open to suggestions :D

So. I think I will be seeing of Montreal in about a week (!!!). Which logically means I need to find the perfect scent for the concert. Their music is a little out there, the band performs in elaborate costumes and it's generally a wild electric color party. I was thinking of wearing one of the new MTP scents, or Crawdad Dream, because it is sufficiently weird but has some musk in it so it should carry nicely in a crowded concert. If anyone has a rec for a scent they think would work well, give me a holler!

Because I'm a creepy mofo thorough researcher I looked at your bottle list. I & D Crawdad Dream is a great choice as would be Cheshire Moon (crazy, cakey fruit!) or Lunar Eclipse (I love this scent but it is definitely kind of insane). You could also try Worm Moon because it also has that sort of classic/crazy Of Montreal vibe. Either way, enjoy the concert! Of Montreal is awesome even if they have one of the most awkward band names for when people ask what sort of music you like.