Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
LittleGreyKitten

The Pit & The Pendulum

The depths of despair, a dark Ecclesiatical triumph: the incense of the Inquisition.

I had to try this because I read what must have been an abridged version of The Pit & The Pendulum when I was in primary school and absolutely loved it.

What I get from this is a huge similarity to Bony Moon. They're both dry and dusty but tP&tP has a sweet note, which I'm guessing is frankincense or something similar. It's higher and sweeter, while Bony Moon is low and milky.

I really should get rid of one of these because I have very little need for this kind of scent but it's hard to choose!

OH my word, this is lovely. Smoky and dark and delectable. It's a quick fade, regretfully, but while it lasts, it's incredible!

This reminds me somewhat of Cola and Refreshers fizzers sweets. The one I've got is from Dark Delicacies.

I don't know what it is about BPALs 'incense' blends; I get Cola and Refreshers from most of them. Unfortunately, this is too similar to other loves such as The Goblin Rider and Ghulheim that although I've kept it to age it and it does age BEAUTIFULLY, I think I may have to swap away. If you don't have anything in this catagory already, I can recommend this WHOLE-HEARTEDLY as it's dark and gloomy, yet sweet and bright. A great juxtaposition! I don't get the Pit and the Pendulum link though?!

(7/10)

Oh gawd. This is orgasmic. I got it as the freebie from the Dark Delicacies sale. I love it!

It's almost identical to Cathedral, but a bit darker. If Cathedral is the scent of a place where Good is worshiped, then P&P is the scent of a place where worshipers revel in an evil, wicked God.

I wore this on one wrist and midnight mass on the other today for a comparison. they are both gorgeous incense blends (that have aged beautifully), but the pit is definitely drier and more woodsy.  the pit to me is actually more "churchy." but I didn't grow up in the church, so it's kind of my imagination what "churchy" smells like - maybe more solemn, a slight herbal quality, and and with the heavy wood from the pews - like you can really feel the weight of it, as opposed to midnight mass which is definitely sweeter and lighter in spirit. it's comforting tho - great for a crisp grey day like today when i feel rain is coming. good throw and wear too.