Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Wench457

Melon scents?

Hi all! I'm adoring on the Fee, which, as we all know, is scarcer than hen's dentures. I'd love recommendations on which other scents have a similar melony goodness.

Much thanks!

is scarcer than hen's dentures

:P Ah, I love odd little sayings like that. And I'd never heard that one before... ahem, anyhow...

Sadly, I haven't yet found another scent that really smells like Fée. Fruit Moon was melony on me in the drydown, but with a lot of other fruits thrown in. Mi-Go Brain Canister also had melon in it and is up for sale on the swap forums and ebay pretty frequently... but it doesn't match up to Fée's melon at all. I get more floral/kiwi/tea/spice than I do melon from Mi-Go.

I wish that there was a regular catalogue scent that smelled more like Fée :D

Nothing quite compares to Fée, sadly. This is one LE that I really wish would be rereleased, if even for 5 minutes. It is SO amazing, it makes me weep with pure joy.

Yes, there is a touch of that honeydew goodness in Fruit Moon, but it is totally overshadowed by the 324098 other fruit notes in that blend.

Yemeya also has a fruity-melon type of aroma to it, but it is more watermelon than cantalope/honeydew, and there is also a touch of some floral notes to it as well.

It's a Twilight Alchemy Scent, so it may be a little difficult to get a hold of, but try looking for Yemaja. Strongly melon and very good.

Many thanks for the suggestions! I'll definitely pick up a bottle of Eris, at least. And maybe we melon lovers can all start pestering Beth.

:tugging at Beth's sleeve: :D :batting eyelashes:

ETA: Blood onmy hands: you probably hadn't heard that expression before because I just made it up. I mean, if hen's teeth are scarce, it stands to reason their dentures would be even scarcer, right? :P

Edited by Wench457

When I first tried Titania, it seemed very fragrant and melon-like. On my second attempt with the same imp, I got melon flavored candy.

:P Anyhoo, if you are partial to melony scents, I'd vouch for titania, even if it wasn't quite my thing.

tarShan

I keep thinking Numb for some reason and I can't find my detailed notes on it.

Please remember that Yemaya is a TAL oil and not one of the regular BPAL scents.

I feel like I should add that Nuclear Winter is icy watermelon on my skin.

No.

I don't know how my skin does it either.

Oh Yemaya has been a TAL oil? Wow, I didn't know that. It is now in Bewitching Brews and yes, it is very melon-y :P

I keep thinking Numb for some reason and I can't find my detailed notes on it.

Please remember that Yemaya is a TAL oil and not one of the regular BPAL scents.

There's both a TAL Yemaya and a regular Yemaya. I haven't tried the TAL, but the BPAL one is very, very melony.

I've seen someone here use the exclaimations "Sweet holy mother of cantelopes!" Besides being just the best exclamation ever, that pretty much sums up Yemaya. :P

I get cantaloupe from Freak Show sometimes (it changes every time I wear it)

There's both a TAL Yemaya and a regular Yemaya. I haven't tried the TAL, but the BPAL one is very, very melony.

I second (or third or tenth) the mention of Yemaya. The BPAL one (not the TAL one, which I haven't tried); it can be found in Excolo. It's fresh juicy melon all the way.

Don't forget Bitter Moon! All melon, all the time on me -- and I've seen a few up for swap/sale around the forum, since it was fairly recent.

I've not tried Fee, but Ogun turned into ubermelon with some interestingly complex notes all around it. Don't be put off by the description, I got it for The Mate, but it ended up being ubermelony, and went to me.

Sign in to follow this