Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Wench457

Melon scents?

I have Yemaya (Bpal) one, and it is a mouth watering honeydew/cantelope! :D I also just bought a bottle of the TAL version and am curious to see how they differ. I'm waiting on it, and will post a comment on the differences. I read reviews for both, and it sounds like the TAL version is still melon-y but with watermelon added.

Then there is Fee... the fairest of them all. :D Near impossible to find... woe woe is me.. :P

Excolo, right :P

There's both a TAL Yemaya and a regular Yemaya. I haven't tried the TAL, but the BPAL one is very, very melony.

I second (or third or tenth) the mention of Yemaya. The BPAL one (not the TAL one, which I haven't tried); it can be found in Excolo. It's fresh juicy melon all the way.

Melon is one of my most feared notes - but if you love it you might want to try Eris and Ogun. Ogun is the King of Melons.

I'm surprised no one's mentioned this, but, even though it's not in the notes, a lot of people (including me) have got melon from Iambe. On me it was sort of honeydew-ish, and pretty much overwhelmed everything else.

:P Duuuh, that's the one I was trying to remember! Thanks Quinara, it may have driven me nuts.

My review for Iambe started thus -

"Freaky. I could have sworn this had melon in it. In the imp and wet Iambe is an overwhelming melon scent to me."

:P Duuuh, that's the one I was trying to remember! Thanks Quinara, it may have driven me nuts.

No problem! :D I so know that feeling...

I second the rec for Titania--it starts out very sweet, cool, and melon-y.

Thunderbird, too--it's very crisp and refreshing.

A lot of the reviews for 51 mention a strong honeydew note, but it's blended with musks, so I don't know how strong the melon component is. Maybe someone who's tried it can confirm?

Someone already mentioned Ogun. I got Fee from the Naughty Nice inquisition and had to sell it on ebay when I was short on funds. I found Ogun to be VERY similar to Fee

I didn't really get honeydew from 51....and that's what I was hoping it would smell like...the musk totally overwhelmed any honeydew that was in this scent :P Fee is my holy grail BPAL scent and I've been looking for something that is similar to it in the GC or even recent LE scents but nope......maybe someday.

Hey all, I've been looking for a good melon scent, preference watermelon. I love D&G l'imperatrice, but I would like to know if there is any bpal like this. I've tried twinkle twinkle little bat but it went completly soapy and gave me a headache, any suggestions?

The King's Daughter is the only one that I can think of that has a good watermelon note to it (in The Last Unicorn series): "A matter of formality: lilac musk, sandalwood, sweet pea, watermelon accord, pale woods, elemi, and oakmoss."

Yemaya (Excolo) has a strong honeydew melon type of scent: "Her ofrenda is a bounty of melons and grapes, strewn with the petals of the flowers of motherhood, draped with sea mosses."

Tis the Voice of the Lobster lists watermelon, but it went all weird on me (perfumey, artificial, sickly mishmash of fruits).

Edited by Little Bird

Twinkle Twinkle Little Bat is a very fresh (and not too sweet) melon scent on me.

Twinkle Twinkle Little Bat is more of a honeydew, but it's a very melony scent. There's also something about the bamboo note in Habu that makes me think watermelon.

Twinkle Twinkle Little Bat is a very fresh (and not too sweet) melon scent on me.

Yep - me too. TTLB is the first thing I thought of for melon but I see you've tried it already and it didn't work. Hmm - that's a shame!

Here's a couple of others that you might like to look at -

Earth Rat - the melon in this is lovely, but there's a lot of other things keeping it company:

Peony, China's national flower, with bamboo for flexibility, plum blossom for perseverance, courage, and hope, tangerine for wealth, lychee for strong family relationships and peace in the home, orange for happiness, pine resin for constancy, golden kumquat and quince for prosperity, narcissus and King mandarin for good fortune, coconut for longevity, and candied melon for good health, with a splash of blazing red of dragon's blood... to help you scare away the rampaging Nian.

The King's Daughter (The Last Unicorn): this one has a lovely sweetness and the watermelon is very fresh:

Llilac musk, sandalwood, sweet pea, watermelon accord, pale woods, elemi, and oakmoss.

And then there's Treat #1 from 2006 - it may be hard to find, but on me it smells exactly like watermelon candy:

A super-sweet, glittering mountain of crushed hard candy: watermelon, pink lime, lemon, strawberry and piles upon piles of crystalline sugar.

Edited by sunshinedaisybliss

Sign in to follow this